IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Did Suhotra Prabhu in Mayapur leave his body???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, a great loss. From dandavats.com-

<B>By the Editors<B>

This weekend has seen the departure of two sincere and dedicated devotees of Srila Prabhupada. Mukta Kesa prabhu and Suhotra prabhu. We have no details as of yet on the passing of Suhotra prabhu but will bring them to you as soon as we know. Please see the other articles regarding the passing of Mukta Kesa prabhu. I am sure all Dandavats readers will join us in offering our prayers to these two wonderful vaisnavas.

?? Any info? please post.

Guest guest

Dear Kurma prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances _/\ò_. All glories to Srila

Prabhupada!

Unfortunately yes, its true. His body was found in his room over at

the Gurukula yesterday morning. He had not been to breakfast for two days

(it wasn't unusual for him to miss one day) so they decided to go and check.

His door was closed but unlocked. His body was lying inside, and it seems

like he had died at least 24--48 hrs. before because it was already

deteriorating. The cause of death is not known. He was a diabetic but beyond

that I don't know of any other serious condition.

The police, US embassy and local medical people have been informed

and his body was taken at about 10 PM last night for a possible post mortem

in Krishnanagar. However, I was just informed (9:15 AM April 10) that the

body is too far deteriorated and they lack the facilities for them to do the

post mortem locally. So a decision will be made within the next two hours

whether to take it to Kolkata for the postmortem, or to simply cancel it. If

they cancel we may get his body back by late this afternoon. If it goes to

Kolkata we won't get it back until late tomorrow night at the earliest.

That's as much news as is available at this time.

Despite his sometimes troubled recent past, he did tremendous

service for many years, was resident here in Mayapur for the last few years,

he left his body here in Mayapur and therefore we can say without doubt that

he got the full blessings of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Srila Prabhupada. I

have no doubt he went back to Godhead.

Your humble servant,

Hari-sauri dasa

Dear Maharaja's and prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances _/\ò_. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I just heard five minutes ago [4:30 PM Mayapur time April 10] that the post mortem was completed today in Krishnanagar and the cause of death has been ascertained as heart attack.

Some formalities have to be cleared re: contacting any possible relatives before the body can be released, so we don't know at this time exactly when it can be cremated. It may take several days to get it released. We will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Your humble servant,

Hari-sauri dasa

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/news/04-07/news1161.htm

Passing of HG Suhotra Prabhu
BY: BHAKTIVEDANTA ACADEMY DEVOTEES

Apr 11, MAYAPUR, WEST BENGAL (SUN) —
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the departure of His Grace Suhotra Prabhu from this world. Since joining the gurukula full time in 2004 he worked continuously on the study guide of the Srimad Bhagavatam, almost to the exclusion of anything else.

On Tuesday 3rd April, he announced to his class that he would be starting a one month marathon of study and writing and wouldn’t be free to give class anymore.

It was not uncommon for Suhotraji to work 36 hours straight at times in the privacy of his room, even taking prasadam in there. On Saturday 7th April he mentioned that his mind had become very peaceful now that he could immerse himself completely in his study and writing of the Bhagavatam guide. He preferred to be left to himself when writing and would call for anything he needed.

On Monday 9th April, Vagisa Prabhu went to call Suhotra Prabhu to take an international telephone call. The door to Suhotraji’s room was latched from the inside and the lights off. Since Vagisa Prabhu could not get any reply he forced the door open and found Suhotra Prabhu lying on his bed, his back against the wall and his feet stretched out in front of him, crossed at the ankles. His right hand was in his bead bag and his left at his side. A light chadder lay across his body and legs. Although it appeared that Suhotra Prabhu has left his body some time before, Vagisa Prabhu called Madhava Gauranga Prabhu who confirmed that he had gone.

The government doctor stated off the record that the visible signs were consistent with a heart attack. Suhotra Prabhu’s body was subsequently taken to Krishnanagar by officials of the government, accompanied by Rama Vijaya Prabhu, and Jagannatha Misra Prabhu and other devotees from the temple for the official post mortem. The results of the post mortem confirm the initial report. Suhotraji left this world from massive cardiac failure.

In accordance with Vaisnava rituals his body will be cremated as soon as the government officials release it

We at the Bhaktivedanta Academy feel the loss of Suhotra Prabhu deeply, along with all other devotees who are his friends and well wishers.

Your Servants,

The devotees of the Bhaktivedanta Academy

<center>leftarrow.gif</center>

from a conversation with Prabhupada:

Harikesa:When people die, though, there is usually some cause. Like they have a heart attack or they get hit by a car or some disease. So that death is caused by the disease...

Prabhupada: That is not the cause. That is the effect. You foolish, do not know. You are taking it, cause.

Harikesa: Well, when you get hit by a car, that's a cause.

Prabhupada: Just like one man becomes insolvent, loses everything. So he said that "I had no money. Therefore I become insolvent." But that is not the fact. He could not manage; therefore there was scarcity of money and he became failure. So that is effect. On account of his bad management, he came to a position that he could not pay to his creditor, and his business is failure. So that insolvency is not the cause. It is the effect.

Pusta Krsna: Bhisma was able to remain in his body even on a bed of arrows.

Prabhupada: So when you are going to die, these are the... On account of imminent death, these are the effects.

Harikesa: But that means that the body breaks down.

Prabhupada: Hm?

Harikesa: The body breaks down.

Prabhupada: At a certain period it will break.

Harikesa: So that is the cause, the body breaking down.

Prabhupada: Yes. So you say heart failure is the cause. No. The body is breaking; therefore heart failure.

Harikesa: So death means the body breaks.

Prabhupada: No, no. First of all your answer... You say the heart failure is the cause. The man is dying. I say that because the man is dying, the heart is failure. So heart failure is not the cause. It is the effect.

So from the spiritual point of view, rather than the cold, grossly material point of view, we should actually say that on account of Suhotra Prabhu's leaving of his body, the body's heart suffered a massive failure. That is the proper perspective, the spiritual perspective. So nicely put by Prabhupada.

It's always sad when a devotee of the Lord leaves the world. I pay my due respects to the departed. They have left their bodies under auspicious circumstances.

Haribol!