IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

If there is problem, it's Krishna's problem, why my...

Rate this topic

2s867f6.jpg

Below Srila Prabhupada clearly says, for a devotee who has surrendered to Krishna there's no problem - if there's a problem it is Krishna's problem and Krishna also knows how to solve such a problem. In other words, Gaudiya-Vaishnava are those who do nothing but to work together to spread the Holy Name and not worry about problems - Krishna takes care, it is His business. This is the meaning of Vaishnava.

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam Lecture 1.5.8-9

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

New Vrindaban, May 24, 1969

690524SB.NV

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/690524SB.NV.htm?i=1969

...And the whole world is problem for ordinary persons, but to us it is

not problem. Because we see everything Kṛṣṇa's. If there is problem,

it is Kṛṣṇa's problem. Why my problem? Kṛṣṇa can know how to

solve problem. So we have no problem practically. Kṛṣṇa's problem.

Kṛṣṇa will see to it. Just like Arjuna was encouraged that nimitta-

mātram bhava savyasācin. "You don't worry about your victory. I

have already arranged." So we should have such faith and conviction

and let us try. Let us do very sincerely and seriously. Then

everything Kṛṣṇa will do. I haven't got to do anything....

kurukshetra.jpg

So it is so easy to see I am not a Vaisnava. Though the problems are Krsna's, I am habituated to consider them my own.

Dayal Nitai, please pull me out of this quagmire.

I remember another quote from Srila Prabhupada where he wrote that a Vaisnava cannot tolerate the suffering of others. So these quotes have to be harmonized and filled out.

To me that means trying to extract the suffering soul from material life while in some way helping materially if need be to elleviate the immediate problem. A good example is that in the aftermath of the Tsunami JNdas and his Bhaktivedanta Ashrama expanded their prasad distribution which helps both spiritually and materially.

As I understand Krsna consciousness humanitarian efforts are not to be given up but rather Krsnaized. It is not negation of activities but rather activities Krsna directed. Directed means 'under kKsna's direction' and also 'directed back to Krsna in loving service'. Other souls are part of Krsna and Krsna resides in the altar of their heart. It is not that serving Krsna on the altar of the hearts of others is somehow lower than serving Him on our altars made of wood and marble in some gorgeous temple.

We will never stop the problems of hunger,war and natural disaster so while knowing such miseries are just part of material life we do what we can to help others get beyond it all.

Simulataneously we can have faith that Krsna will see to our salvation. It is not that helping others is apart from the process of self realization. IMO those that work harder for others spiritual benefit are higher than those that prematurely withdraw from wordly life for the supposed sake of their on bhajana.

I remember another quote from Srila Prabhupada where he wrote that a Vaisnava cannot tolerate the suffering of others. So these quotes have to be harmonized and filled out.

To me that means trying to extract the suffering soul from material life while in some way helping materially if need be to elleviate the immediate problem. A good example is that in the aftermath of the Tsunami JNdas and his Bhaktivedanta Ashrama expanded their prasad distribution which helps both spiritually and materially.

As I understand Krsna consciousness humanitarian efforts are not to be given up but rather Krsnaized. It is not negation of activities but rather activities Krsna directed. Directed means 'under kKsna's direction' and also 'directed back to Krsna in loving service'. Other souls are part of Krsna and Krsna resides in the altar of their heart. It is not that serving Krsna on the altar of the hearts of others is somehow lower than serving Him on our altars made of wood and marble in some gorgeous temple.

We will never stop the problems of hunger,war and natural disaster so while knowing such miseries are just part of material life we do what we can to help others get beyond it all.

Simulataneously we can have faith that Krsna will see to our salvation. It is not that helping others is apart from the process of self realization. IMO those that work harder for others spiritual benefit are higher than those that prematurely withdraw from wordly life for the supposed sake of their on bhajana.

Jai, nice post Prabhu. I agree, I think the concept of Bodhisattva from Budhism is a good example for us: though I am trying to extricate myself from a burning building, in service we need to grab others that can't see the way out and take them with us. But maybe even after we get out we need to go back in to help others that are still trapped inside. We need to be ready to sacrifice ourselves is service to others like firefighters do in the material world. Kind of like a spiritual catch22 or something, maybe we need to be ready to serve here before we are ready to serve There. Die to live. Even sacrifice being in Goloka so we can help others get there. Real relief work.