IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

demigods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Instead of reeling off long posts with quotes from x, y and z, it will help if someone first defines in simple words the difference(s) between a material body and spiritual body.

This may help people who currently fail to understand how a spiritual body goes through the same process of aging and disease that material bodies go through with no difference of any kind.

Im glad you make this point. I am glad you asked.

The material body is governed by the laws of nature, BIOLOGY. The aging process is seen in all who take birth, which is another material, boilogical slam that the being occupying the maTERIAL body has to suffer.

The spiritual body (possessed by all beings, regardless to their jurisdictional dispute with samsara and the adi devic, adi bhutic, and adi atmic miseries) has awareness of the body contained by biology, but has varying degrees of forgetfulness of his actual self.

So, to briefly describe my take on this topic, what I have to offer to the discussion, there are some who have no material contamination whatsoever, the nitya siddhis who arrive at their will or by the arrangement of the Supreme Lord. Narada Muni has a fully developed spiritual body and is simultaneously coming and going at his will in the material sphere. Some shaktivesa avataras have really awesome appearances, metaphysical events, like the birth of Mother Mary or Lord Jesus Christ, events where obvious spiritual self realization is exhibited from the point of birth. There is reliable evidence that Srila Prabhupada is like this as well, as his spiritual fulfillment and understanding is there from the very beginning.

As Krsna states, one who has taken birth must die, those who die must take birth. Narada came from Lord Brahma, and therefore, will leave when the course of Lord Brahmas life is done. Its hard to speak of siddhaloka residents as being anything other than eternal beings because their life spans are unfathomable to the mere human mind. There even is an anomaly in this material section of the mahat tattwa, in that Dhruvaloka, the pole star, is actually a vaikuntha planet visible to the material eye.

It is stated that only a highly advanced person can properly understand the appearance and disappearance of the Supreme Lord (which also includes mahabhagavata devotees who are considered the paraphenalia of Lord Krsna, thus non-different from krsna himself, also a subject for advanced persona). A mature devotee sees transcendental bliss at both appearance aND DISAPPEARANCE. There is never sadness of LOSS for such a person who hears of Krsnas final pastime where a hunter mistakingly places an arrow in Lord Krsnas foot. A true devotee of Lord Jesus sees His final pastime as a great triumph over death Herself (even though she is never envious and the extreme well-wisher of all beings, even priests and fools.) There is no confusion about who is controlling the great personalities. Biology may destroy the vehicle of such great persons, but the actual person is eulogized by the Supreme Lord, thus death does not really interfere.

A person in a biological form may have that form fully spiritualized by engaging in only spiritual activities. The difference between the death (and all miseries leading up to death, including birth) of a devotee and a nonsense person is that death is the end of the nonsense person, whereas, it is just a journey for the spiritually advanced person. The key is in REMEMBRANCE, the very key of Vaisnavism, VISNOH SMARANAM. At death, all is forgotton, and the being is thrown here and there by the will of biology, ready to engulf the bing in another round of entanglement. One who has partially spiritualized his existance gets memory restored rapidly, to the point one disembarked prior. We hear in the Krsna Book of how Srimati Yasoda, lived previously, and then was Yasoda, a perfect facility given her by dint of her perfection of Krsna Consciousness.

Still didnt solve this puzzle, did I? I recommend the story of Dhruva Maharaja in Srimad Bhagavatam. This tells how a materialist became such a great devotee that he used the head of Death to step into his airplane, transcending even biology. But such a unique event is not necessar

5y for one to appreciate spiritual beings operational activities in the material realm, where taking on a biological form is a tool such nitya siddhas gladly accept.

To close on my usual silly note, see the final scene of Monty Pythons "Life of Brian", (Produced by brother george harrison) the singing and dancing of the crucifrixees is a tongue and cheek way to say the same thing I just said.

Haribol, hope for memory restoration in all, ys, mahaksadasa

Ok...so it is a matter of consciousness?

For the advanced devotee, who is constantly in service of the Lord, is it true to say that all energies of the Lord are considered spiritual?

And also, that the symptom of spiritual consciousness would be bliss?

Haribol, bija. yes, it is consciousness that makes one really understand there is no difference between appearance and disappearance. It is consciousness that makes one understand that the only ones who suffered were the ones assassinating Lord Jesus Christ. He is forgiving offenses as they occur, a common vaisnava trait. While Haridas thakur was being continually tortured, he was quite tolerant, and the only reason the torture stopped is that the persons torturing Him stated that they would be severely punished if Haridas did not die at their hands. Haridas immediately went into samadhi, appearing dead, so these people would not suffer.

We read in Srila Prabhupadas teachings that a vaisnava of pure consciousness should NEVER be seen in terms of material traits, such as infirmaty, disease, physical unattractiveness, etc. Because a Vaisnava has biology containing his physical form, cellular structure, billions of living entities making up his form, some confuse this with the condition of one not of spiritual consciousness. But the vaisnava has no illusion that he is that form, and knows this form is his temporary vehicle used to perform yoga, devotional service to the Supreme Person. However, the temporary nature of his form does not determine the spiritual value of such a form. Prasadam may seem like normal foodstuff, and is cellular, meaning if it is left unattended, other forms may utilize the cellular structure, meaning the halavah WILL mold, the subji will rot, the sweet yogurt will turn rancid. The difference is that prasadam is fully spiritual, and partaking is free from karma, and is never considered ordinary food.

I think that the confusion is not between spiritual and material, which, as bija knows, is a determination by consciousness. The confusion seems to be the fact that something completely spiritual may be only temporary. The appearance of the Vaisnava Acarya is a temporary manifestation, however, the work performed with the assistance of that temporary form of the Vaisnava Acarya is eternal, thus everything connected with the Vaisnava Acarya is understood by the devotee as completely spiritual.

Lord Chaitanya is the exemplary vaisnava sanyassi, meaning all rules are strictly followed, and he never deviates from such rules. Though it is forbidden to touch a dead body, Lord Chaitanya took the lifeless form previously used by Srila Haridas Thakur into His arms and personally placed it into the Ocean. The biological form of Haridas Thakur is so spiritually surcharged that from that day, the ocean became as spiritually beneficial as Mother Ganges.

So, when we see Srila Prabhupada seemingly suffering from maladies of disease and old age, we never consider this is a reaction brought about by karma. We understand that his mission is fulfilled, and he is leaving. Even if by chance one is biologically affected and has pain and mental problems, this also is not considered a play of Karma, such as seen in the passing of Srila Madhavendra Puri and the excellent and unparrallelled service performed by his perfect disciple, Srila Iswara Puri. The foolish, unintelligent may make silly commentary, such as the disciple who, while witnessing samadhi induced lamentations of Madhavendra Puri, told him not to worry, to just chant. This devotee was forever cursed for having such a poor fund of knowledge, and later became a great disturbance to Lord Chaitanya Himself, hated by the assembled devotees.

What is the difference between appearance and disappearance of the great Acaryas? Nothing. Both events mean that devotees assemble to engage in joyful hearing and chanting of the Names of Sri Krsna.

Haribol, bija and forum readers and writers, ys, mahaksadasa.

Thank you for your reply Mahaksadasa Prabhu.

I would like to quote from the article in another current thread in this forum. Titled..."Cemeteries for Neophytes?" by Balavidya dasa. www.indiadivine.org/audarya/spiritual-discussions/442641-cemeteries-neophytes.html

Another samadhi is of someone who died of liver cancer complications after contracting a degenerative disease. While these souls may have served Srila Prabhupada well, were they uttama-adhikaris, devotees of the top most qualification, and so qualified for a samadhi? quote by Balavidya dasa

I find it remarkable that devotees are quick to judge whether certain devotees are neophyte or not because of stigmatized disease. In my opinion the particular devotee in question in the above comment, lived a most succesful human birth. Even though contracting disease, was faithful to the end in Krsna consciousness. This is a great test which we will all have to endure, no matter what the disease or infirmity is.

Who are we to judge the devotional heart and standing of another devotee, by such things as liver disease, and possible past mistakes in life. (I do not know the devotee in questions circumstance regarding his liver disease, so it is important to not jump to conclusions).

I find this comment offensive. Almost run of the mill stigma, that mundane people partake of. It amazes me that devotees would make comments such as this. Considering we are taught to see transcendentally. I think I recall Lord Caitanya himself embracing his devotee, who was covered in weeping sores. And that if we see inappropriate behaviour in a devotees life, we are called to look way beyond this.

You see, my days are slowly numbered with this liver disease. In a way it has been the greatest blessing from the Lord. As it has made me aware of the certainty of death, and the importance of pursuing spiritual life till last breath. Now possibly this liver disease will be a painful passing, but how disappointing it will be if critical devotees stigmatize and look down upon me at this time. Especially if I have been faithful and kept the Holy Name in consciousness, for the majority of my life, and most importantly at this important time.

I find Balavidya dasa prabhu's comments in reference to this special devotee, way below standard. Rather I would look to this devotees life as a success, with an aspiration to follow in his footsteps. And would not hesitate to visit his samadhi, if oneday I may also be graced to visit the Holy Land.

Then again I do understand why such comments would be passed. Politics is not conducive to spiritual life. And as a devotee enters into the political sphere, his comments may be swayed by partisan consideration.

This is a perfect example of why Srila Prabhupada warned against politics in his institution. Judgement can be greatly marred.

Hopefully oneday we may be graced with divine vision. To be able to see all things in relation to Sri GaurangaKrsna. To see all his potencies as spiritual. For which they truly are. That will be the ultimate beatitude.

How wise were those words uttered by the empowered incarnation, Lord Jesus Christ, 2000 years ago. 'Do not judge, or you shall be judged the same.'

I find it a very beneficial meditation to realize in my heart, that we are all in this boat together. Somehow we have found ourself in the material sphere. Conditioned and fallen. Totally dependant upon grace of Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga. Maybe if all else fails, this is where we can find our common ground. And realize why it is considered a great offence to talk loosely of the Lord's faithfull devotee.

Dear devotees, please forgive my foolishness, for taking higher ground. Such a stance is not conducive for developing true humility. Which is a prerequisite for receiving mercy from the Lord.

Haribol, bija, I share your concern totally. Chant hare krsna and your life will be sublime. This is the initiation that seems so illusive to so many. Of course we have differences, but this is not a detriment to receiving the causeless gift of Bhakti yoga. All this opposition is just surface stuff, kinda like the material portion gradually falling off. Carry out this agreement to accept Srila Prabhupadas initiation into this science, and the dropping off of unwanted habits (of arguing for argunment sake) occurs naturally while simultaneous spiritual attributes increases (pavrtti marga).

So we have arguements everywhere, even some flame-outs at times, is this not to be expected? Is Arjuna pissed at King Bhisma for being so quiet in the face of obvious fraternal abuse? Nothing new or not covered here. But the unity is unreserved desire to be pleasing to Krsna in all his aspects, especially his paraphenalia who are his unalloyed associates. We give honor by following the process, taking initiation, chanting Hare Krsna, and seeing that the sublime life is absolutely TRUE. The prasadam is quite tasty.

One is often criticized for expressing realization of this TRUE. Some say Srila Prabhupadas version is only followed conveniently. This is true, I am fully accepting all that I have come to realize. And one realization is that Krsna is vast and I am small, meaning arrogance in the face of this TRUE is ludicrous. No, I wont accept certain things, no sense even trying to get me to go along with your program just because you have a paragraph of Srila Prabhupada to show me. I have a different Spiritual Master than the one who wants my belief by using this tactic. And my spiritual master is alive, in the vani of his published books and recorded lectures. These are His teachings to the denizens of Martyaloka in the age of Kali Yuga. His discussions with other disciples are not my concern, my concern is his discussions with me, which have not died, because VANI is never connected to the bloody biological spew that this planet of death is covered in.

Anyway, trying to answer multi topics on this one, however, nectar is to be found in the arena of istagosthi, this is what I am anxious for. Maybe its time to go to the supersoul superthread. Or maybe do some lyrics, I be thinking loreena mackennet and Albert Noyes poem, the highwayman, sung so wonderfully.

Thanks for your association, bija, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Aside from the samadhis for unfit kanistha adhikaris, we should understand that kanistha adhikaris are vaisnavas, and are seen as very advanced even by those rightfully occupying samadhi places of pilgrimages, the mahabhagavatas.

The writer makes a serious blunder in implying that a person stricken with a particular malady is not eligible. Why not? Death is a faliure of the myriad cellular structure of the material form, thus everyone occupying a righteous samadhi monument is also GUILTY of dying because their lungs quit, their hearts burst, their stomachs leaked acid that destroyed all their organs, etc.

This article, no matter how well it describes righteous indignation at the cheapening of standards, should be totally rejected because of this materialistic vision. One word nonsense, whole thing nonsense. (BTW, This is what prabhuipada told me).

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Can anyone give any vedic scriptures with methods of attating, the diffrent heavenly lokas.I plan on reaching krshnaloka after many births on the heavenly planets cultivating pure bhakti,because I dont believe Ill attain Krshnaloka after this life but If im born on a heavenly planet I can devlop pure bhakti and devotion. Is this possible?

At least in this realm of birth and death, the idea of surrendering to a higher authority is very practical. When one attains the heavenly planets, where death is so far off that the residents never even consider that this is a foreseeable event in their lives, there is no need to surrender to anyone.

In bhagavad gita, there are four types of persons who are eligible for Krsna Consciousness, those in need of funding, those whose condition of life is misery, those who are seekers of the truth, and those who are wise. So, if one is coming from a placwe where two of these four avenues to Krsna Consciousness are not even in existance, perhaps one loses 50% of his chances for ultimate success in remembering ones swarup (real life).

Actually, in regards to attaining krsna consciousness, the demigods themselves have a desire to take birth in this realm in the human form to take advantage of the facility of Lord Chaitanyas Samkirtana Movement. They may have elaborate facility, but this is not a guarantee that they will develop anything other than even a greater attraction to the material facility they possess. We see a microcosm here in this realm. The very wealthy are not happy unless they are increasing their wealth, when they are on top of the world, they have miseries trying to protect their wealth and position. And when they do die, their lamentations are so much greater than the pauper, who has family members joyiously performing a wake to help them, while the wealthy heir curses the deceased for failure to provide, and they hit the courts with attorneys. Lord Jesus Christ, who many say is a resident of Siddhaloka, the topmost planet that resembles a Vaikuntha Planet in many ways, teaches of the virtual impossibility for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Srila Prabhupada has taught his disciples of their extremely favorable position in this age, in this world, to attain ultimate perfection. We probably all know we are coming back due to immaturity, but our desire is to again be in a position to take advantage of Lord Chaitanyas samkirtana movement, which may not even exist in the heavenly planetary systems.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

So its best to go to Krsnaloka, but I dont know if thats a possibility in my current incarnation, chanting hare krsna is the method to attain the eternal abode, but what if I dont the heavenly planets may be a good place for me to meditate before coming to earth and reaching the true spiritual sky.

So its best to go to Krsnaloka, but I dont know if thats a possibility in my current incarnation, chanting hare krsna is the method to attain the eternal abode, but what if I dont the heavenly planets may be a good place for me to meditate before coming to earth and reaching the true spiritual sky.

Best to just try and be engaged in service and go wherever the Lord wants you to go IMO.

Sri Navadwipa Dhama Mahatmya Chapter One by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura (translated by HH BR Sadhu Swami)

aara eka kathaa aache gudha atishaya

kahite na icchaa haya, naa kahile naya..10

"There is one more extremely deep and confidential secret. I do not want to tell it but I cannot remain without describing it as it will supremely benefit all souls."

ye avadhi shri chaitanya aprakata haila

dhaama-lilaa prakaashite bhakte aagyaa dila..11

"After the Supreme Lord Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu disappeared and unmanifested His divine pastimes from this material universe, He ordered His associates and devotees to reveal, describe and establish His Supreme Pastimes in the Holy Abodes of Shri Navadvipa and Shri Jagannatha Puri and His Holy Names."

sarva avataara haite gudha avataara

shri chaitanya-chandra mora vidita samsaara..12

"Of all the multifarious incarnations of God in creation, the Supreme moon-like Lord Gauranga, Who is the source of all the incarnations, is the most confidential, mysterious and esoteric."

gudha-lilaa shastre gudha-rupe ukta haya

abhakta janera citte naa haya udaya..13

"Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu is described and glorified in the most confidential manner in the most deeply secret scriptures so that those who are envious non-believers and non-devotees will never be able to identify and worship Him as God Himself."

se lila sambandhe yata gudha shaastra chila

maayaadevi bahu-kaala aacchaadi raakhila..14

"The most confidential scriptures describing the supreme glories of the Advent, Holy Names and Pastimes of Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu were covered and concealed by Lord's illusory energy Mayadevi for a very long time."

aprakata shaastra bahu rahe yathaa tathaa

prakata shaastre o yata chaitanyera kathaa..15

se sakala maayaadevi pandita-nayana

aavariya raakhe gupta-bhaave anukshana..16

"Lord Gauranga's supreme glories are described in numerous Vedic scriptures which are in unmanifested form on this earth planet. Even the glories of Lord Gauranga in the revealed and manifest scriptures were secretly concealed and covered by Mayadevi constantly from the vision of even the great scholars of the Vedas."

gaurera gambhira lilaa haile aprakata

prabhu-icchaa jaani maayaa haya akapata..17

"After the unmanifestation of the most esoteric and deep pastimes of the Supreme Lord Gauranga which were to specifically relish the mysteries of His own love, Maya, the illusory energy of Lord Gauranga, understanding the desire of the Lord Gauranga to reveal Himself, decided to become merciful to the souls in this world."

uthaaiya laila jaala jiva-cakshu haite

prakaashila gaura-tattva e jada jagate..18

"After Lord Gauranga's disappearance from this world, Maya lifted the curtain of illusion and forgetfulness covering the eyes of the conditioned souls about the advent and identity of Lord Gauranga. Due to the desire of the Lord Himself, she then clearly revealed the scriptures and the scriptural descriptions of the essential philosophical truths about the supreme glories of Lord Gauranga and His Holy Names and Pastimes in Kali Yuga."

gupta-shaastra anaayaase haila prakata

ghuchila jivera jata yuktira sankata..19

"All the confidential scriptures describing the glories of Lord Gauranga's Name and Pastimes were effortlessly revealed by Maya after Lord Gauranga's disappearance. Due to this, all souls became greatly fortunate and their miserable calamities came to an end."

badai dayalu prabhu nityananda-raya

gaura-tattva prakasila jivera hiyaya..20

"This unprecedented causeless mercy of revealing the Gauranga Nama-Lila Tattva (Spiritual Truths) in the hearts of all souls which was never before seen in the past was possible only because of most magnanimous desire and order of Lord Nityananda Prabhu."

tanra aagyaa peye maayaa chaade aavarana

subhakta pandita-gana paaya shaastra-dhana..21

"Accepting the direct munificent order of Lord Nityananda Prabhu to reveal Lord Gauranga's Name and Pastimes to the world without any further delay,

Maya, the illusory energy, lifted her veil which concealed Lord Gauranga from time immemorial, and the sincere and fortunate devotees could find the treasure of the verses glorifying Lord Gauranga's Name and Pastimes in the scriptures."

ihaate sandeha jaara na haya khandana

se abhaagaa vrithaa kena dharaye jivana..22

"Even after reading these verses, if a person's ruinous and fierce doubts of the above revelation by Lord Nityananda and Mayadevi of Lord Gauranga's Name and Pastimes are not destroyed, then such a person is extremely ill-fated and is uselessly maintaining his or her life."

je kaale ishvara jei kripaa vitaraya

bhagyavanta jana tahe bada sukhi haya..23

"When the Lord distributes His rarest and incomparable mercy in this way, the most fortunate devotees who have faith in Him become very happy and rejoice in bliss."

durbhaagaa-lakshana ei jaana sarva-jana

nija buddhi bada bali kariyaa ganana..24

"All people should understand that to reject such a rare mercy of the Lord is the symptom of extreme misfortune and inauspiciousness. Due to false ego, one becomes puffed-up and thinks highly of one's own intelligence not accepting the advent of the Lord in Kali Yuga."

ishvarera kripaa naahi karaya svikaara

kutarke maayaara garte pade baara baara..25

"If one does not accept such causeless and unique mercy of the revelation of the Vedic scriptures about the Supreme Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu and refrains from worshiping Lord Gauranga by chanting His Holy Names, then one will have to fall down again and again in the dirty and ghastly pit of the cycle of birth and death."

esa he kalira jiva chaada kutinaati

nirmala gauraanga-prema laha paripaati..26

"Lord Nityananda Prabhu implored to all His part and parcel souls, 'Come, come to Me, all souls, giving up your deceitful mentality. I will personally reward and instruct you in the pristinely pure love for My Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu which you have to learn from Me."

ei bali nityaananda daake baara baara

tabu ta durbhaagaa jana naa kare svikaara..27

"Stating like this, the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu loudly calls out again and again out of intense compassion for all souls but just see the great misfortune of the souls, they do even care to accept this greatly rare spiritual gift personally from the Lord Himself."

kena je emana preme kare anaadara

vichaara kariyaa dekha haiyaa tatpara..28

"O my dear souls, 'Why are you neglecting and insulting this most rare and sublime love for Lord Gauranga which Lord Nityananda is ready to give you freely. I hope you reconsider again and become eager and anxious to receive this great treasure.'"

sukha-laagi sarva jiva naanaa yukti kare

tarka kare, yoga kare, samsaara-bhitare..29

"Each and every soul is constantly striving and devising multitudinous plans to achieve happiness in this world which is the ultimate goal of all endeavors of all kinds of people. Some people are whimsically speculating and some people are fruitlessly performing yoga in this world for happiness."

sukha-laagi samsaara chaadiyaa vane yaaya

sukha-laagi yuddha kare rajaaya rajaaya..30

"Some people become frustrated with material enjoyment and go to the forest for trying to attain happiness. Kings or enemies start fighting with each other for becoming happy."

sukha-laagi kaamini-kanaka paache dhaya

sukha-laagi shilpa aara vigyaana chalaaya..31

"Many run after money and sex for some flickering happiness and others engage in scientific or sculpturing professions in the hope of becoming happy."

sukha-laagi sukha chaade klesha shiksha kare

sukha-lagi arnava madhyete dube mare..32

"In their blind pursuit of so-called material happiness, people give up the eternal spiritual happiness of the soul. People sink and drown in the deep and dangerous ocean of material sense-enjoyment in their quest for happiness."

nityaananda bale daaki du haate tuliyaa

esa jiva karma-gyaana-sankata chaadiya..33

"Lord Nityananda calls out and beseeches all the souls while raising both His lotus hands in the air, 'Come to Me, My dear souls, giving up the perils of fruitive activities (karma) and speculative knowledge (gyaana).'"

sukha-laagi ceshtaa tava, aami taahaa diba

taara vinimaye aami kichu na laiba..34

"I will give you the most superior eternal happiness which is what you are actually seeking for within the heart of your hearts. And in exchange for this great benediction which I will give you, I will not take anythng in return."

kashta naahi vyaya naai naa paabe yaatanaa

shri gauraanga bali naache naahika bhaavanaa..35

"You will not have to undergo any tribulation and misery nor will you need to waste any time, energy or money. You will simply have to dance while chanting the Holy Name of Lord Gauranga and become absorbed in the divine trance of love for Lord Gauranga."

je sukha aami ta diba taara naai sama

sarvadaa vimalaananda naahi taara bhrama..36

"Lord Nityananda continued, 'Nothing is comparable to this matchless divine happiness which I will award you. It is the supremely pure absolute happiness increasing at every moment and is totally free from the contamination of illusion."

ei rupe prema yaache nityaananda raya

abhaagaa karama doshe taaha naahi chaaya..37

"In this way Lord Nityananda Raya solicits the pure love for Lord Gauranga to each and every conditioned soul but the ill-fated conditioned soul does not even desire to accept it due to it's enslavement with karmic reactions and material desires and a lack of pious deeds."

gauraanga nitaai jei bale eka baara

ananta karama dosha anta haya taara..38

"That most fortunate soul who chants or hears the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga just once, instantly destroys unlimited inauspicious and sinful karmic reactions from the past countless number of lives."

aara eka gudha kathaa suna sarva-jana

kali-jive yogya-vastu gaura-lilaa-dhana..39

"O all people of this world, please hear another very confidential secret. The most appropriate and competent means for the deliverance of all souls in Kali Yuga is the supreme treasure of the transcendental pastimes of Lord Gauranga.

gaurahari raadhaa-krishna-rupe vrindaavane

nitya-kaala vilaasa karaye sakhi-sane..40

"It is Lord Gaurahari Himself Who sports in His divinely playful pastimes at every moment in His supremely divine forms of Lord Krishna and Shrimati Radha along with Their Gopi expansions."

shaastrete jaanila jiva vraja-lilaa-tattva

raadhaa-krishna-nitya-lilaa vrajera mahatva..41

"The conditioned souls can know the great glories and importance of the supreme nitya-lila (eternal) pastimes of Shri Shri Radha Krishna and Their matchless Holy Abode of Shri Vrindavana Dhama from the revealed Vedic scriptures."

krishna-naama krishna-dhaama-mahaatmya apaara

shaastrera dvaaraaya jaane sakala samsaara..42

"The spiritual glories and importance of the Holy Name, Pastimes and Abode of the Supreme Lord Krishna are known and easily accessible to the whole humanity through the revealed Vedic scriptures."

tabu krishna-prema saadhaarane

naahi paaya

ihaara kaarana kiba chintaha hiyaaya..47

"Even though Lord Krishna's glories and pastimes are known so openly and widely in this world, pure love for Lord Krishna, which is goal of all human endeavors, remains allusive and unobtainable to the general mass of the people."

ihaate aache ta eka gudha-tattva saara

maayaa-mugdha jiva taahaa naa kare vichaara..48

"This mystery of the greatest question and dilemma in the human form of life is not thought about by the souls bewildered by Maya, the illusory energy of the Lord.

bahu janma krishna bhaji prema naahi haya

aparaadha-punja taara aachaya nischaya..49

"If one does not achieve pure love of God after worshiping Lord Krishna and chanting His Holy Names for many lives, one should understand that one has certainly mountains of offenses in one's heart."

aparaadha-shunya haye laya krishna-naama

tabe jiva krishna-prema labhe aviraama..50

"If and only if one chants the Holy Names of Lord Krishna by becoming totally devoid of all offenses against the Holy Names. Deity and Abodes, then that soul will be able to attain the pure love for Lord Krishna without any interruption."

shri chaitanya avatare bada vilakshana

aparaadha-sattve jiva labhe prema-dhana..51

"The incarnation of Lord Gauranga is exceptionally opulent, powerful and influential among all forms of God. Even though Lord Krishna's Name considers offenses and does not give love to an offensive soul, Lord Gauranga's Name, Pastimes and Abodes do not consider offenses and award pure love of God to even the offensive souls. This unprecedented and unimaginable munificence of Lord Gauranga's incarnation is the only life-saving hope for the conditioned souls of Kali Yuga."

nitaai chaitanya bali jei jiva daake

suvimala krishna-prema anveshaya taake..52

"The most esoteric and purest love of Lord Krishna begins searching after that most auspicious soul who feelingly calls out the most benevolent Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga."

aparaadha baadhaa tara kichu naahi kare

niramala krishna-preme taara ankhi jhare..53

"Even the formidable obstacles posed due to the offenses in one's heart are rendered ineffective by the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga and the eyes miraculously flow with the sublime tears of pristinely pure love for Lord Krishna when one chants the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga even though offenses are present in the heart."

svalpa kaale aparaadha aapani palaaya

hridaya shodhita haya prema baadhe taaya..54

"After granting the most confidential pure love for Lord Krishna to even the offensive chanter, the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga make the offenses run away from the heart within a very short time. Then the heart becomes fully purified and the love increases even more."

kali-jivera aparaadha asankhya durvaara

gaura-naama vinaa taara naahika uddhaara..55

"The offenses and sins of the souls of Kali Yuga are unlimited and absolutely impossible to overcome. Thus, there is no other means of deliverance in Kali Yuga other than the exceptionally merciful Holy Name of Lord Gauranga."

ataeva gaura vinaa kalite upaaya

naa dekhi kothaa o aara shaastra phukaaraya..56

"Thus, it a firmly established and repeatedly stressed truth in all the Vedic scriptures that there is no other means of extrication from the cycle of birth and death other than the Holy Names, Pastimes, Abodes and Associates of Lord Gauranga."

navadvipe gaurachandra haila udaya

navadvipa sarva-tirtha-avatamsha haya..57

"Since the Supreme Source of all Incarnations, the moon-like Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu, advented in Shri Navadvipa Dhama, the glories of all the other millions of Holy Places combined together became only a fractional part of the glories of Shri Navadvipa Dhama."

anya tirthe aparaadhi dandera bhaajana

navadvipe aparaadha sadaai maarjana..58

"The offenders and sinners in all other Holy Places of pilgrimage are liable to be heavily punished for their wrong-doings. But the offenses of the offenders in Shri Navadvipa Dhama are destroyed and the offensive mentality is removed forever."

taara saakshi jagaai maadhaai dui bhai

aparaadha kari paila chaitanya-nitaai..59

"The practical proof of this purifying power of Shri Navadvipa Dhama is Shrila Jagai and Shrila Madhai, who got delivered and attained the direct mercy of Lords Nityananda and Gauranga even agter committing so many sins and offenses in Shri Navadvipa Dhama."

anyaanya tirthera kathaa raakha bhaai dure

aparaadhi daitya danda paaya vraja-pure..60

"What to speak of the other places of pilgrimage, even the offenders and sinners in Shri Vrindavana Dhama, the Holy Abode of Lord Krishna, get stringently punished for their sins."

navadvipe shata shata aparaadha kari

anaayaase nitaai-kripaaya jaaya tari..61

"Even if one commits hundreds upon hundreds of offenses in Shri Navadvipa Dhama, one will get easily delivered there if Lord Nityananda Prabhu is causelessly merciful to that person."

hena navadvipa-dhaama je gauda-mandale

dhanya dhanya sei desha rishi-gana bale..62

"All the great sages state, 'All glories! All glories to the supremely holy abode of Shri Navadvipa Dhama in Shri Gauda Mandala."

hena navadvipe bhaai yaahaara vasati

bada bhaagyavaan sei labhe krishna-rati..63

"Those who reside in Shri Navadvipa Dhama are supremely glorious and fortunate as they are certainly sure to attain spontaneous attraction and attachment to Lord Krishna."

navadvipe jebaa kabhu karaya gamana

sarva aparaadha-mukta haya sei jana..64

"Those very fortunate souls who go to visit Shri Navadvipa Dhama become totally free from all kinds of sins and offenses."

sarva tirtha bhramiya tairthika jaahaa paaya

navadvipa-smarane sei laabha shastre gaaya..65

"According to all the revealed scriptures, the pious results attained by a pure brahmana sage by visiting all the millions of Holy Places in creation is easily attained simply by remembering Shri Navadvipa Dhama from a distant place ."

navadvipa darashana kare jei jana

janme janme labhe sei krishna-prema-dhana..66

"Those exalted souls who behold the beauty of Shri Navadvipa Dhama attain pure love for the Supreme Lord Krishna life and life."

karma-buddhi-yoge o je navadvipe jaaya

nara-janma aara sei jana naahi paaya..67

"Even if someone goes to Shri Navadvipa Dhama full with desires for sense-gratification, fruitive activities and speculative knowledge, one will be saved from the gruesome pain of taking another human birth in the womb of a mother again."

navadvipa bhramite se pade pade paaya

koti-ashvamedha-phala sarva-shastre gaaya..68

"All the scriptures state that on every step one takes even while wandering in Shri Navadvipa Dhama, one will attain the pious results of performing ten million Vedic horse-sacrifices, each of which is difficult to be performed even by the demigods."

navadvipe vasi jei mantra japa kare

shri mantra chaitanya haya anaayaase tare..69

"One who resides in Shri Navadvipa Dhama and chants one's worshipable Mantra, will find that the Mantra will become spiritual conscious very soon and effortlessly deliver that person from the cycle of birth and death."

anya tirthe yogi dasha-varshe labhe jaahaa

navadvipe tina-ratre saadhi paaya taahaa..70

"The pious results which an accomplished yogi attains after ten years of intense spiritual practice in another place of pilgrimage, is attained in Shri Navadvipa Dhama just by staying there for three nights."

anya tirthe brahma-gyaane jei mukti haya

navadvipe bhaagirathi-snaane taa ghataya..71

"The sayujya liberation of merging in the impersonal brahman effulgence of Lord Gauranga-Krishna is attained in other places of pilgrimage only by full perfection in the knowledge of brahman which is very rarely attained. If desired, this liberation can be attained in Shri Navadvipa Dhama simply by taking a bath in the river Bhagirathi-Ganga."

saalokya, saarupya, saarshti, saamipya, nirvaana

navadvipe mumukshu labhaya vinaa gyaana..72

"Even without any knowledge, the spiritual aspirant desiring to cross the ocean of birth and death, attains the following five kinds of liberation which are difficult to attain for the most advanced transcendentalists: (1) The liberation to reside in the same spiritual planet of the Lord, (2) The liberation to attain the same divine form as the Lord, (3) The liberation to attain the same spiritual opulences like the Lord, (4) The liberation to attain close physical proximity with the Lord, and (5) The liberation to merge in the impersonal brahman effulgence emanating from the divine body of the Lord.

navadvipe shuddha-bhakta-charane padiyaa

bhukti-mukti sadaa rahe daasi-rupa haiyaa..73

"Material enjoyment and all the five kinds of liberation remain as always eager to serve maid-servants at the lotus feet of a pure devotee in Shri Navadvipa Dhama, who is not even desirous of using their services."

bhakta-gana laathi maari se duye taadaaya

bhakta-pada chaadi daasi tabu na palaaya..74

"Even if the pure devotees residing in Shri Navadvipa Dhama chastise these two servants of sense-enjoyment and liberation with a stick, still they do not leave the lotus feet of the pure devotees."

shata-varsha sapta-tirthe mile jaaha bhaai

navadvipe eka raatra-vaase taaha paai..75

"The pious results attained by residing for one hundred years in each of the seven main holy places of pilgrimage are effortlessly attained in residing in Shri Navadvipa Dhama for just one night."

hena navadvipa dhaama sarva-dhaama saara

kalite aashraya kari jiva haya paara..76

"Thus, this Shri Navadvipa Dhama is the distilled essence of all the billions of Holy Places in creation. The most fortunate soul who takes devoted shelter of Shri Navadvipa Dhama in Kali Yuga certainky crosses over the ocean of material nescience."

taaraka paaraka vidyaadvaya avirata

navadvipa vaasi gane seve ritimata..77

"The two kinds of divine spiritual knowledge of taraka (deliverance) and paraka (auspiciousness) eternally serve and worship the residents of Shri Navadvipa Dhama constantly as per all the scriptural injunctions."

nitaai-jaahnava-pada-chaayaa jaara aasha

se bhaktivinoda gaaya paaiya ullaasa..78

"Fully surrendering to the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu and His eternal divine consort Shrimati Jahnava devi, I (Bhaktivinoda) sing the supreme glories of Shri Navadvipa Dhama in a blissful trance."

Can anyone give any vedic scriptures with methods of attating, the diffrent heavenly lokas.I plan on reaching krshnaloka after many births on the heavenly planets cultivating pure bhakti,because I dont believe Ill attain Krshnaloka after this life but If im born on a heavenly planet I can devlop pure bhakti and devotion. Is this possible? quote by bhakti

Dear Bhakti, please read Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura's Sri Navadwipa Dhama Mahatmya very carefully. I feel that this divine secret revealed by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura is the most glorious grace. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu (Lord Gauranga) may be the answer you are searching for. Please do read the above post and consider.

Guest guest

That post really changed my mind, it opened a whole new door for me,

please tell me more about how to please Lord Gauranga, im only 18 and live in the USA and am not a vegeterian, so can you give any suggestions on how to get started.

That post really changed my mind, it opened a whole new door for me,

please tell me more about how to please Lord Gauranga, im only 18 and live in the USA and am not a vegeterian, so can you give any suggestions on how to get started. quote by bhakti

Nitai-Gauranga Hari bol! Thank you for spending time reading the long post Bhakti. Please, if you have time read it over several times. There is some very deep esoteric truth within the article.

I will try to touch on some essential truths of Lord Gauranga (Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu) for you. Actually this is not easy for me, as the truths of Lord Gauranga are unlimited. So I feel if we can taste, realize and share a small drop of His glories, our life will be succesful.

Firstly in regards to your question, how to please Lord Gauranga. Simply I would respond to this by saying we can please Mahaprabhu by taking up the practice of chanting the Holy Names of Krsna. To sincerely begin this practice, and increase our chanting of the Holy Names as days progress, would be most pleasing to Lord Gauranga.

So we can begin this most auspicious journey by taking to the process of having regular kirtana of the Holy Names, and along side this taking to the process of regular japa meditation (chanting of the Holy Names on beads).

Personally I began chanting on beads gradually. Some devotees recommended I chant sixteen rounds on the beads of the Hare Krsna Mahamantra daily. But I found within myself the inability to maintain this level faithfully everyday. So the key to good spiritual practice of chanting the Holy Names in japa is to be able to maintain each day, the minimum quota of rounds, without fail, and increase the amount of rounds gradually.

In this way, success in mantra meditation is sure.

I do not know what stage you are at in meditation practice. If you are able to chant 16 rounds everyday, then wonderful. But if you find this difficult, maybe one can start at one round...or four rounds...or eight rounds...faithfully everyday. And gradually increase from there.

So saying this, I will try my best to elaborate on some truths of Lord Gauranga. Firstly we are to understand that Lord Gauranga is:

Sri krsna caitanya-

radha-krsna nahe anya,

rupanuga janera jivana:

“Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is none other than

Sri Sri Radha and Krishna, the life and soul

Of the true followers of Srila Rupa Goswami

(Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur)

And the key to success in attaining love for Sri Sri Radha-Krsna is:

“As much as you surrender to the lotus feet of Sri Gauranga,

you’ll find yourself safely situated in the service of

Sri Sri Radha-Govinda.

Don’t try to approach Them directly.

If you do, there may be some difficulty.

But the lotus feet of Sri Gauranga will take you there safely.”

(Srila B.R. Sridhar Dev-Goswami)

(copied from 'Awakening to the Absolute', Srila B.R. Sridhar Maharaja)

I have seen videos of Srila B.R. Sridhara Maharaja having intimate conversation with his disciples. In between talking he would say things like, 'so it is like this'. Then he would murmur...'Gaura-Nityananda...Gaura-Nityananda...Gaura-Nityananda', over and over quietly.

Personally whan I chant the Hare Krsna Mahamantra I try to meditate on Lord Gauranga's form and pastimes. And during the day I keep the the Names Nityananda and Gauranga within my mind. And sometimes I will silently breathe...'Nityananda-Gauranga...Nityananda-Gauranga'. Over and over, soothingly and quietly to myself.

In fact, because Lord Gauranga is non-different to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna, the name of Gauranga is non-different to the names of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna.

This can be seen in the following scriptures and purports:

The four-syllable Gauranga-mantra or the Gaura-gopala mantra is described as follows in Shri Chaitanya-charitamrita, Antya-lila 2.24,31:<u1:p></u1:p>

apane bolana more, iha yadi jani; amara ista-mantra jani' kahena apani.<u1:p></u1:p>'gaura-gopala mantra' tomara cari aksara; avisvasa chada, yei kariyacha antara"<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p> </u1:p>Nakula Brahmacari told Sivananda Sena, "You are chanting the Gaura-gopala mantra, composed of four syllables (which is your ista-mantra i.e. worshippable mantra). Now please give up the doubts that have resided within you."<u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p> </u1:p>

Purport by Shrila Prabhupada:<u1:p></u1:p>

Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura explains the Gaura-gopala mantra in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya. Worshipers of Shri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables 'gau-ra-an-ga' as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaishnavas consider Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krishna (shri-krishna-chaitanya radha-krishna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> are on the same level.<u1:p></u1:p>

Purport by Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya:<u1:p></u1:p>

gaura-gopala-mantra-gauravadi gana 'gauranga'-name chatura-aksara gaura-mantra ke uddesya karena; kevala<u1:p></u1:p>

krishnavadi gana ei 'gaura-gopala-mantra' sabde radha-krsnera chatura-aksara-mantrake uddesya karena.<u1:p></u1:p>

"The following is the explanation of the Gaura-gopala mantra. The followers of Lord Gaura accept 'Gauranga' as the four-syllable mantra and the followers of only <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> accept 'Radha-Krishna' as the Gaura-gopala mantra. The followers of both Lord Gaura and Lord Krishna accept either one of them as the Gaura-gopala mantra understanding that They<u1:p></u1:p> are non-different from each other."

Caitanya_caritamrita Adi lila Chapter 8 verses 28-31

As a result of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one makes such great advancement in spiritual life that simultaneously his material existence terminates and he receives love of Godhead. The holy name of Krsna is so powerful that by chanting even one name, one very easily achieves these transcendental riches.

If one chants the exalted holy name of the Lord again and again and yet his love for the Supreme Lord does not develop and tears do not appear in his eyes, it is evident that because of his offences in chanting, the seed of the holy name of Krsna does not sprout.

But if one only chants, with some slight faith, the holy names of Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, very quickly he is cleansed of all offences. Thus as soon as he chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, he feels the ecstacy of love for God.

(Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 8.31 purp)”A neophyte student who is not sufficiently educated or enlightened should not indulge in the worship of Shri Radha and Krishna or the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra. Even if he does so, he cannot get the desired result. One should therefore chant the names of Nitai-Gaura and worship Them without false prestige.

and

In the beginning one should *** very regularly *** chant Shri Gaurasundara’s holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord Nityananda.Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment. Then one can approach Vrndavana-dhama to worship Lord Krishna."

So dear Bhakti, we can see from these quotes the importance of taking regular shelter of Lord Gauranga and his Holy Name.

In fact Srila Prabhupada has given us the merciful Panca-Tattva mantra to chant before commencing our kirtana or japa of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. ‘sri krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri- advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrinda’.

Actually it is essential for the neophyte to take full and regular shelter of Gaura-Naam-Tattva. By doing this that the offences will flee. If you take regular shelter of these holy names, things like your desire to eat meat will fall away spontaneously. This is guaranteed. Personally I lived with a major addiction for many of my formative years, and by chanting and taking regular shelter of Gaura-Naam-Tattva, was freed from this offence in a matter of months.

Gaura-Tattva is the great secret in this Kali-yuga. All the Acarya’s in our line have pointed to taking full shelter of Lords Nityananda-Gauranga. As can be seen from the above quotes. Please consider this, and your life will be a success dear Bhakti.

To wind off this long post I will continue to quote Srila Prabhupada from his purport to Caitanya-caritamrita Adi lila Chapter 8 verse 31:

It should be noted in this connection that the holy names of Krsna and Gaurasundara (Lord Gauranga) are both identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore one should not consider one name to be more potent than the other. Considering the position of the people of this age, however, the chanting of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s name is more essential than the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the most magnanimous incarnation and His mercy is very easily achieved.

So dear Bhakti, please consider these philosophical truths, and along with your very regualar chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra do not neglect taking full shelter of Sri Sri Nityananda-Gauranga. I cannot begin to stress the importance and essentiality of this truth for the beginner (neophyte) in spiritual practice of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna Bhakti Yoga.

I would like to share a personal story about my journey in GaurangaKrsna consciousness.

Quite some years ago, as a young person, I was backpacking through the United States of America. I had the great fortune of meeting devotees in San Diego. I was very intrigued with them so I stayed in the ashrama for several days.

I was not aware of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra before this. I had seen devotees chanting it back home in Australia, as a teenager. But by the grace of devotees in San Diego I was taught how to say the mantra: Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

I am so grateful for this encounter, and been taught the mantra by the temple president. Really this was the beginning of my journey of becoming a

devotee of Sri GaurangaKrsna.

Unfortunately at this time in my life, I was full of material desires, and had much travelling to do. And much to check out in the world. So I left the ashrama and took the beads and Mahamantra I had received with me.

But...during my stay in the ashrama the dear devotees did not discuss at all any truths of Lord Caitanya (Lord Gauranga) with me. At this point when I left the ashrama I still had not heard of Sri Gauranga. Unfortunately they did not teach me the Panca-Tattva mantra (as mentioned in my previous post) to chant before my rounds of Hare Krsna maha-mantra.

Looking back I wish so much I was taught what I have shared with you in these two previous posts. These truths are what I heard from my spiritual master many years later.

So...I continued with my backpacking and material pursuits. And after some weeks left my japa meditation and beads behind. My heart was so full of offences and material desires that real taste in my chanting of the Maha-mantra did not manifest.

It is my strong conviction of heart, that if I had been taught the truths of Lords Nityananda-Gauranga and their holy names, I may have continued with my chanting. As they are so merciful, beyond description, and they cleanse the heart very quickly, and then by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra much taste and (dare I say love) can be experienced.

Maybe if these truths had been imparted to me early in my spiritual quest, I would not have had to experience a deeping of material attachment, which was very difficult for some years to come. But then again the mercy of Nityananda Prabhu comes to us in perfect timing. Everything is dependant upon Nityananda Prabhu's mercy. Especially the gift of GaurangaKrsna consciousness.

So please accept this little gift of Gaura-Naam-Tattva, and my story which I just shared. I wish you many blessings in your search for 'Sri Krsna -Reality the Beautiful'.

Gaura Premanande Hari Hari bol! (Chant the names of Hari! Hari! in the ecstacy of Caitanya-prema (Gauranga's ecstatic love))

Guest guest

Im learning so much I never could understand before. Thanks for the post and story.I do have another question, after performing Nityananda Gauranga Naam Bhajana in this life, is it possible to take divine birth in Shri Navadvipa Dhama in another universe and particpate in those pastimes?

Im learning so much I never could understand before. Thanks for the post and story.I do have another question, after performing Nityananda Gauranga Naam Bhajana in this life, is it possible to take divine birth in Shri Navadvipa Dhama in another universe and particpate in those pastimes? quote by Bhakti

I will try to answer your question from what I have heard. The depth of this Gaudiya Vaisnavism is unlimited, so to be honest my knowledge, is limited to what I have heard or read. Unfortunately I am unable to back up with many sastric quotes at this time. So I have sent your question to my Gurudeva and when he replies I will post it for you. I think he is travelling at the moment.

Possibly some more knowledgable devotees on this forum may wish to correct my answer if it is not totally correct siddhanta.

Devotees due to their internal mood may reside eternally in several locations. Some devotees may attain two spiritual bodies. Simultaneously the perfected jiva may reside in Sri Gaura's portion of the spiritual sky, and at the same time reside in Sri Krsna's portion.

Some other devotees may reside only in either one of these locations. For example some devotees may solely reside in Sri Gaura's portion. Or some may reside solely in Sri Krsna's portion.

The internal bhajana of the devotee will bring about this.

FROM THE SEVENTEENTH CHAPTER OF JAIVA-DHARMA by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Vrajanatha: What is the ultimate destination of the unalloyed

bhaktas of Shri Gaura-Kisora (Chaitanya Mahaprabhu)?

Babaji: Shri Krishna and Shri Gaura-Kisora are non-different in their

tattva (absolute nature). They are both shelters of madhurya-rasa.

However, there is a slight difference between Them because

madhurya-rasa has two prakosts (chambers). One is the mood of

madhurya (sweetness), and the other is the mood of audarya (magnanimity).

Shri Krishna's svarupa is manifest where madhurya is prominent,

and Shri Gauranga's form is manifest where audarya is prominent.

Similarly, the transcendental Vrndavana also has two

prakosts (divisions): Shri Krishna's abode and Shri Gaura's abode.

The nitya-siddha and nitya-mukta associates who reside in Shri

Krishna's abode are attracted first to madhurya, and then to audarya.

The nitya-siddha and nitya-mukta associates who reside in Shri

Gaura's abode are blissfully absorbed in audarya, and then

madhurya. Some of them reside in both abodes simultaneously by

expansions of the self (svarupa-vyuha), while others reside in one

spiritual form in only one abode, and not in the other.

Those who only worship Shri Gaura during their period of

sadhana, only serve Shri Gaura when they achieve perfection, while

those who only serve Shri Krishna during their period of sadhana serve

Shri Krishna on achieving perfection. However, those who worship

the forms of both Shri Krishna and Shri Gaura during their period of

sadhana manifest two forms when they attain perfection and reside

in both abodes simultaneously. The truth of the simultaneous

oneness and difference of Shri Gaura and Shri Krishna is a very

confidential secret.

When Vrajanatha had heard all these teachings about the state

of the jivas who are liberated from maya, he could no longer keep

his composure. Brimming with emotion, he fell down at the elderly

Babaji's lotus feet. Crying profusely, Babaji Mahasaya picked

him up and embraced him. It was already quite late in the night.

Vrajanatha took leave of Babaji Mahasaya and went home, totally

engrossed in meditating on Babaji's instructions.

When Vrajanatha reached home, he took his meal, and while

doing so, he warned his grandmother sternly, "Grandmother, if you

people want to see me here, stop all this talk about my marriage

and do not keep any sort of contact with Veni-madhava. He is my

greatest enemy and from tomorrow, I will never speak with him

again. You should also neglect him."

Vrajanatha's grandmother was very intelligent. Understanding

Vrajanatha's mood, she decided to postpone any question of marriage.

"From the kind of sentiments that he is displaying," she

thought, "if he is forced too much, he might leave for Vrndavana

or Varanasi. Let Bhagavan decide as He will."

So I will attempt to answer your question more directly. The Lord's pastimes are occuring without cessation. From our perception we perceive that the Lord's pastimes are coming and going. But in fact the Lord's pastimes are continuing eternally. So somewhere in the immense universes these pastimes are taking place right now. So they occur without cessation. Therefore thay are called eternal.

I have heard that as our Naam Bhajana becomes perfected, at some point we will enter these pastimes that are occuring without cessation, somewhere in the universes. So this comes first.

www.vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/393/en

www.vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/394/en

www.vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/395/en

www.vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/396/en

www.vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/397/en

And from there, after experiencing these pastimes, we may enter pastimes in Goloka Vrindavan (in the spiritual sky). As an eternal resident of Sri Krsna's abode or Sri Gaura's abode. Or as I mentioned before, we may attain both simultaneously.

So I would say yes, it is possible to enter Sri Navadwipa Dhama in another universe, and enter those pastimes.

Dear Bhakti, my knowledge of siddhanta is limited, so I may not be able to answer some of your deep and thoughtful questions.

(dear devotees, if this siddhanta is lacking in some way please correct me.)

From Chapter Fourteen Of Jaiva Dharma by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

Vrajanatha: Does the Lord's internal potency arrange for Lord Gaurangadeva's pastimes?

Babaji: As Shri Krishna's pastimes are arranged by the internal potency, so Lord Gauranga's pastimes are arranged in the same way. There is is not the slightest difference between Lord Krishna and Lord Gauranga. In his notebook, Shri Svarupa Damodara Gosvami explains (Shri Chaitanya-caritamrita Adi 1.5):

radha-krishna-pranaya-vikritir hladini shaktir asmad

ekatmanav api bhuvi pura deha-bhedam gatau tau

chaitanyakhyam prakatam adhuna tad-dvayam caikyam aptam

radha-bhava-dyuti-suvalitam naumi krishna-svarupam

"The loving affairs of Shri Radha and <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> are transcendental manifestations of the Lord's internal pleasure-giving potency. Although Radha and <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> are one in Their identity, They separated Themselves eternally. Now these two transcendental identities have again united in the form of Shri Krishna Chaitanya. I bow down to Him, who has manifested Himself with the sentiment and complexion of Shrimati Radharani although He is Krishna Himself."*

Lord Krishna and Lord Chaitanya are both manifested eternally. No one has the power to say which of Them came first and which second. It cannot be said that Lord Chaitanya was manifested first and Shri Shri Radha-Krishna were manifested second. Neither can it be said that Shri Shri Radha-Krishna were manifested first and Lord Chaitanya was manifested second. The truth is that Lord Chaitanya and Shri Shri Radha-Krishna both exist eternally. All the pastimes of the Supreme are eternal. A person who thinks that of the pastimes of Lord Chaitanya and the pastimes of Shri Shri Radha-Krishna, the pastimes of one is more important and the pastimes of the other is less important, does not understand the truth. He does not understand the nectar of the Lord's pastimes.

Vrajanatha: If Shri Gauranga is the original form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then how should one worship Him?

Babaji: As one worships Lord Krishna by chanting the names and mantras of Lord Krishna, so one should worship Lord Gaura by chanting the names and mantras of Lord Gauranga. One may worship Lord Gaura by chanting Krishna-mantras, or for that matter one may worship Lord Krishna by chanting Gaura-mantras. They are all the same. Anyone who thinks Lord Krishna and Lord Gaura are different is a fool. He is a servant of Kali-yuga.

Guest guest

"Simply by talking of Nityananda Prabhu one awakens their love for Krishna. Thus all of one's bodily limbs are agitated by ecstasy and tears flow from the eyes like the waters of the Ganges."

- Chaitanya-caritamrta, Adi-lila Chapter 8, text 23

Lord Nityananda's Lotus Feet & Hands

n_feet_small.jpg

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1.5pt outset maroon; width: 46%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="46%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset maroon; padding: 7.5pt; background: rgb(112, 112, 110) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="50%">

Right Lotus Foot:

12 Most Auspicious Marks

01. Barleycorn

02. Lotus

03. Conch

04. Disc

05. Plough

06. Victory Flag

07. Four Arrows

08. Thunderbolt

09. Unstrung Bow

10. Half Moon

11. Sacrificial Altar

12. Blackberry Fruit

</td> <td style="border: 1pt inset maroon; padding: 7.5pt; background: rgb(112, 112, 110) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="50%">

Left Lotus Foot:

12 Most Auspicious Marks

01. Sacrificial Altar

02. Sky

03. Lotus

04. Elephant Goad

05. Club

06. Umbrella

07. Flower

08. Cow's hoofprint

09. Spear

10. Flowery Creeper

11. Four pitchers

12. Fish

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<center>n_hands_small.jpg</center>

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="border: 1.5pt outset maroon; width: 51%;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="51%"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt inset maroon; padding: 7.5pt; background: rgb(112, 112, 110) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 44%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="44%">

Left Lotus Hand:

14 Auspicious Marks

01. Conch on tip of thumb

02. Conch on tip of index finger

03. Conch on tip of middle finger

04. Conch on tip of Ring finger

05. Conch on tip of Little finger

06. Plow

07. Umbrella

08. Long Flag

09. Unstrung Bow

10. Arrow

11. Fish

12. Life Line

13. Fate Line

14. Good Fortune/Enjoyment Line

</td> <td style="border: 1pt inset maroon; padding: 7.5pt; background: rgb(112, 112, 110) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 56%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="56%">

Right Lotus Hand:

14 Auspicious Marks

01. Conch on tip of thumb

02. Conch on tip of index finger

03. Conch on tip of middle finger

04. Conch on tip of Ring finger

05. Conch on tip of Little finger

06. Broom

07. Whisk

08. Fan

09. Sacrificial Altar

10. Club

11. Lotus

12. Life Line

13. Fate Line

14. Good Fortune/Enjoyment Line

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Im learning so much I never could understand before. Thanks for the post and story.I do have another question, after performing Nityananda Gauranga Naam Bhajana in this life, is it possible to take divine birth in Shri Navadvipa Dhama in another universe and particpate in those pastimes? quote by Bhakti.

Dear Bhakti, here is the reply from your quote just received now from Gurudeva via email.

By chanting Nityananda Gauranga Naam, if a soul gets perfected, then the soul takes birth in another universe in the material creation where Lords Nityananda Gauranga are performing Their pastimes. After getting trained by Their Associates in Their pastimes in that universe, the soul goes to the eternal abode of Navadvipa Dhaam along with the Lord and His Associates when They end Their pastimes in that universe.

H.H. Srila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaja

http://nitai.in

<table id="rotate_table" style="padding: 0px; width: 218px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="3">tc_white_tl.gif

</td><td class="td_note_white">

392533208_c0f62bff5a.jpg?v=0 </td><td width="3">tc_white_tr.gif

</td></tr><tr><td class="td_note_white">

</td><td class="td_note_white" style="padding: 0px; height: 155px;">

</td></tr><tr><td>

</td><td>tc_white_br.gif

</td></tr></tbody></table>