IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tulasi beads

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol,

Is it offensive to chant for a novice on tulasi beads instead of neem beads?

I know I make lot of offences knowingly or unknowingly sometime.

ys, dev

Haribol,

Is it offensive to chant for a novice on tulasi beads instead of neem beads?

I know I make lot of offences knowingly or unknowingly sometime.

ys, dev

No, it is not offensive. Try to chant sincerely and follow the four regs. I heard that the only reason not to chant on Tulsi beads is if you still eat meat.

Besides, how are you going to know if you are "unknowingly" committing offenses? :o

How many here chant purely and without any offense knowingly or unknowingly? Raise your hands! :rolleyes:

If you have Tulsi mala then there are heavy protections about telling lie.and if you want to take tulsi mala then leave all type grhathi.

tulsitreehm8.jpg

The opposite of Neem is Money,in hindi,and neem is always usfull for the totel illness of body.If you have feaver,like tizaari etc.then both Tulsis and Neem eat with black pepar (kali Mirch).

neemtreeko6.jpg

Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupad

The following is a Quotation by Srila Prabhupad in regard with Chanting.

Engaging the sense of touch by touching the tulasi beads--tulasi is a pure devotee of the Lord.

SB 9.4.18-20

Maharaja Ambarisa always engaged his mind in meditating upon the lotus feet of Krsna, his words in describing the glories of the Lord, his hands in cleansing the Lord's temple, and his ears in hearing the words spoken by Krsna or about Krsna. He engaged his eyes in seeing the Deity of Krsna, Krsna's temples and Krsna's places like Mathura and Vrndavana, HE ENGAGED HIS SENSE OF TOUCH IN TOUCHING THE BODIES OF THE LORD'S DEVOTEES, he engaged his sense of smell in smelling the fragrance of tulasi offered to the Lord, and he engaged his tongue in tasting the Lord's prasada. He engaged his legs in walking to the holy places and temples of the Lord, his head in bowing down before the Lord, and all his desires in serving the Lord, twenty-four hours a day. Indeed, Maharaja Ambarisa never desired anything for his own sense gratification. He engaged all his senses in devotional service, in various engagements related to the Lord. This is the way to increase attachment for the Lord and be completely free from all material desires.

looking more about what Srila Prabhupad says:

please check the following link:

http://chanting.krishna.org/Articles/2000/09/00115.html

Hare Krishna