IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sanjayspm

Pranayam

Rate this topic

How many time does Pranayam take to cure High blood pressure? Does it cure high blood pressure permanently? Can diabetes be treated by Pranayam?

hey 3 to ten per day, but a compatiable pranayam done properly cures but improper increases the disease, if in a bout of a High BP , with a clean Cotton Wool dab, close the right nosetril till it lowers.

One should gradually increase the frequency of each pranayama.

Start with a few and perform each for a couple of min everyday. You can then slowly add more the difficult ones, the ones that exhaust you out quickly. Then lastly work on increasing the time spent on each. Max for any pranayama shouldnt be more than 5min each.

You can buy a dvd of Ramdev Baba performing and explaning most of these.

Also exercise alone wont help. Look into giving up fried foods and dishes prepared that are bathed in oil. Eat more raw vegetables and fruits with each of your meals. It will do miracles to your health together with pranayama.

How many time does Pranayam take to cure High blood pressure? Does it cure high blood pressure permanently? Can diabetes be treated by Pranayam?

Before you start doing pranayama, you should have some experience working with asana. This helps to relax the muscles which helps to correct aspects of posture that block the full range of motion of the lungs and the rib cage. This makes it much easier to take in a complete breath without having to use force to get the lungs to take in more air.

A few months ago I took a class taught by a chiropractor on something called Somatics. He said that I could find a good book on Amazon.com but I don't recall which one he said to get. It surprised me how effective it was at removing lower back pain. It was being taught as a way of making the body more flexible so that it would be easier to work with asana or to do chi kung. It works by re-training the way you perceive your body and its groups of muscles in particular. You might find it makes an excellent warmup for doing asana and it only takes a few minutes per day after you initially learn it, so you could have a solid foundation in asana in only a few months.