IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

worship question please read

Rate this topic

Guest guest

do i have to be a vegeterian to worship krishna? i mean i live with my mom and eat what she cooks,but can i worship krishna until i move out then start to become vegeterian?

Yes.There is no rule that only vegetarians can chant Hare Krsna. Do your best until you get old enough to move out. Krsna is in your heart and He sees your situation and your desire to improve it. He will welcome your chanting of His name.

Hare Krsna

You could also try and encourage your mom to some extent to reduce the amount of meat she cooks, starting with beef. Don't be antagonistic, be gentle and make sure she sees it as a loving request from you. I have found people's guilt makes them very defensive regarding any anti-meat eating preaching, so if you say 'mom, can Fridays be veggie-only days?' she may be more inclined to happily participate. Over time she may grow in her own awareness and that could only be good for you both.

I was tweelve, fully baseball conscious and fully a surf ant. I hated steak, but to avoid family problems at the dinner table, I would take a bite, then excuse myself to go to the bathroom, where is was gagged out. Later, when I was sent to the whistle stop, I got parents the fries and cokes, but never the burgers. Then I went for the chili-dogs "without the dog, please".

Its not the diet, it is where the heart is. No one who has ever became a vegetarian became a Lover of god because of that decision. On the other hand, probably 99% of those who became Krsna Conscious also became vegetarians (I learned long ago to never say never or always). This is a positive platform, not one of relentless negating of ones existance. Each breath we take we devour universes, maybe even some micro universes populated with many human civilizations. Properly having the horse in front of the cart, we accept the positive process first, hearing and chanting and practicing krsna consciousness, then we understand because of scientific evidense of affirmation that unwanted habits fall away naturally.

Good fortune to you, we never control our senses anyway, we beg Lord Hrsikesa to give us renunciation to help with the bad habits. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Ive begun talking to my mother, and she agreed to help me on my quest.

Ill begin slow, pacing myself, with cereal, toast, biscuits etc for breakfast.

peanut butter and jelly for lunch, and when we eat dinner ( I have 2 older brothers,two younger brothers and a younger sister plus mom and dad) ill just eat the vegetables, rice and noodles we have.

Ill get some yogurt to snack on and fruit cups.

I dont really have that many options just working with what i got..........any suggestions?

Hare Krsna Guest1,

Glad to hear you have an open minded and supportive mother. Now anything is possible for you.

One mistake I and many others made when giving up meat was not to find replacements for what we had given up. Protein is a big one. Add more nuts seeds and beans for that.

I am a vegan which means I don't take dairy products either. For vegans we need to also wacth our calcium intake and vitamin b-12.

Knowledge of vegetarianism will be very helpful for you.

This is a link to a section of the peta site that is set upm to help new vegetarians. Check it out http://www.vegcooking.com/

Also www.peta.com for animal rights news.

It is so nice to hear of someone like you who are attracted to Krsna at such a young age and are willing to make the changes necessary to become Krsna conscious.