IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Understand our Religion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Since the creation of the world, date unknown, we practise having "Thiruman and Srichoornam" on our Forehead.

Iam following that religiously and no doubt, it has real powers.

But i have a question, can anyone help me understand this?

"Why we are have to have the Thiruman&Srichoornam?". Do we have any specific reason?

I came to know that, the Thiruman is the "Lotus feet of Mahavishnu" and Srichoorman resembles "Thayar Mahalakshmi"

If yes, then why Mahavishnu is having that in his forehead.

I have real belief in god, the above question doesn''t mean that iam against this, absolutely not. But i want to understand the "Thathparyam"behind this.

Thanks.

Venkatesan.

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Good question!

This was the response given by one of the Azhvars. Vishnu on seeing his devotees doing this so devotedly while remembering him wanted to see how it is like to do the same. Thats when he tried and it remained there for ever.

I recently heard from from Sri. Velukkudi Krishnan's lecture on Bhagavad Gita.

This is also see when baby Krishna lies on the ocean putting his toe in his mouth. He was overwhelmed with people falling at his feet and saying it is so sweet that he tried to so what it feels like.

This is wonderful!

Since the creation of the world, date unknown, we practise having "Thiruman and Srichoornam" on our Forehead.

Iam following that religiously and no doubt, it has real powers.

But i have a question, can anyone help me understand this?

"Why we are have to have the Thiruman&Srichoornam?". Do we have any specific reason?

I came to know that, the Thiruman is the "Lotus feet of Mahavishnu" and Srichoorman resembles "Thayar Mahalakshmi"

If yes, then why Mahavishnu is having that in his forehead.

I have real belief in god, the above question doesn''t mean that iam against this, absolutely not. But i want to understand the "Thathparyam"behind this.

Thanks.

Venkatesan.