IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Please somebody help me ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How to get rid of the older thoughts which are disturbing not to do spiritual activities?

jai srila prabhupad!

i got attracted with the principles of Srila Prabhupada. and i liked to change my life style to this krishna consciousness, but when i am trying to adopt the principles of bhakti yoga which is really wonderful. My Previous days of this life are worser. so the thoughts are coming back and deactivating me not to regulate myself into this bhakti yoga. I was a smoker, not addict to sex but liked to enjoy my time in sexual life,and enjoyed sometime with the above, but everyday i am thinking that i have to change from this type of nonsense, but the older thoughts in my life got strong impact in my mind. so when i try to read or chant or render devotional service its getting not to work, that time also my mind calls me back the thoughts of my past days in this life. so i am thinking to quit this devotional culture sometimes but really i am liking to serve Srila Prabhupad, others who follow Srila Prabhupad and Lord Himself.

How to control Mind from this thoughts?

Is there any special methods to deal with ?

please i beg to everybody who are here ! to help me to get rid of this situation and adopt this bhakti yoga in my life strongly.Pray for me to get rid of this situation.please help me.

I recommend try and visit the temple as much as possible, eat lots and lots of prasadam, talk with the devotees as much as you can, and to a certain extent don't worry about your material attachments right now. Work on cultivating a higher taste for spiritual life and the material things will naturally fade away. You may notice them all a lot more as you progress because what wasn't an issue before now is something you want to change, but sometimes fighting those things directly isn't the best route. Prasadam is beautiful, the Lord in deity form is beautiful, the devotees are beautiful, this beauty can win your heart over 100%. Don't underestimate the power in a ladhu :)

Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu recommends these five as the most potent forms of devotional service:

sädhu-saìga, näma-kértana, bhägavata-çravaëa

mathurä-väsa, çré-mürtira çraddhäya sevana

One should associate with devotees, chant the holy name of the Lord, hear Çrémad-Bhägavatam, reside at Mathurä and worship the Deity with faith and veneration.

Even a little performance of any of these, He says, can awaken love for Krishna. That should pretty much solve all your other problems.

The others have posted wonderful suggestions, and I think if you take their advice, it will certainly help you.

I would also like to add, that you have to let go of those past things that you did, as they are done with. Don't try to completely forget them, but use them as a tool to remind you of the path you are now taking. As far as controlling your mind from these thoughts, just let them be. They are within you for a reason and once you begin to be mindful of them, you will see how things begin to change.

Don't be regretful or upset about the things you have done in the past, as those are the things that have brought you to the path you are following today.

Good luck my friend! Be well.

The others have posted wonderful suggestions, and I think if you take their advice, it will certainly help you.

I would also like to add, that you have to let go of those past things that you did, as they are done with. Don't try to completely forget them, but use them as a tool to remind you of the path you are now taking. As far as controlling your mind from these thoughts, just let them be. They are within you for a reason and once you begin to be mindful of them, you will see how things begin to change.

Don't be regretful or upset about the things you have done in the past, as those are the things that have brought you to the path you are following today.

Good luck my friend! Be well.

Yeah, I think remembering where you come from keeps you humble.

Try not to worry about past actions. Many of us have had a past before we came to Krsna consciousness. Memory is very strong and time seems to move slow. But as time passes these things will only be a memory and not who you are in the present.

Last night I had a dream that I was smoking. Every now and again I dream these kinds of things. I wake up and think great, just a dream. Not real. Same with old memories.

One thing, do not be hard on yourself, it is what you are today that matters. The hardest judge is often our own self.

And in regards to following Srila Prabhupada's instructions...look at them as a lifetime goal. Choose an instruction you think you can follow. Just one. And do it well. Build from there. If you can't chant sixteen rounds a day, everyday, just chant four rounds everyday. And if you can't do that...fix your mind to chant one round faithfully everyday. This one round will eventually be one very nice round of Hare Krsna. There is no loss in this...only an auspicious beginning to something wonderful.

Be gentle to yourself....and laugh. I know...I have lived a past. Human...humility...humour. We are all human bound to make mistakes. Some of us gain humility from this realization...and then a sense of humour about our old choices, pulls us through.

Chant and be happy...you are a special soul...a wonderful part and particle of God.

And always chant...Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna!

Guest guest

Jai Srila Prabhupad

Thanks for your suggestions oh! vaishnavas. i Think its easy to get rid now.

i will try to chant 16 rounds as much as possible. and that alone will help me. i understood now.

Hare Krishna