IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Should Christians be friends with Hindus/Hare Krishnas/etc.?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I like this artwork it's a nice synthesis of various moods and influences fused into a unique contempory style.

Jaya St Francis a gentle lover of life.

One who truly caught the substance of Jesus vani.

Guest guest

Haribol. I also accept the DIFFERENCE between the protestant and the Catholic concerning the bible. The catholic scholars have been granted access to the largest library in history, that of the Vatican. In this library are not only my favored Kebra Nagast and the full recovered texts of Nag Hamadi, the great 20th century discoveries, there are also full accounts of the life of Lord Jesus Christ written by those whose record-keeping was of fanatic proportions, the Roman Empire (and even its successor, the HRE, founded by the sun worshipper Constantine). We have accounts of the activities of 1st century christians, the actual secret conversion of Rome. We have accounts of the regret of Rome that Lord Jesus is put to death at the hands of Judean bureaucratic law. (Both the wife of the emperor Tiberius and Pontius Pilate were devout followers of Lord Jesus Christ.) There is an extra-biblical account that has been named (foolishly IMHO) the gospel of Pontius Pilate that describes a meeting after resurrection between Pilate and the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

While the vatican does not widely advertize the existance of these writings that pass the time-test of authenticity, prerferring to keep their Official Dogma less comnplex, they have never denied access to their great historians, their official interest. Such folks in history as Padre Pio, Therese Avila, Origen, and even the great renaissance artists and writers and scientists who rebelled against the church (sometimes for good reason) may never be given top billing at sunday mass, but there is no conspiracy of secrecy.

The Protestant, on the other hand, accept dubious authority. They are called Protestant because they protest the Vatican and the authority of the Pope. That may be quite noble, but then they accept a king whose character is bogus, who employed Shakespeare and Byron and Bacon and other professional writers to create their authority, which is rigid, anti science, anti reality.

In my opinion, though the Catholic religion has been victim of kali cela just as all religions have, it is better to have the clergy decide matters of religion rather than kings who put the translators to death to keep it pure. The catholics have suffered anti-popes, fascist behavior, even armed corps of genocidal maniacs, yet this does not affect THE ROCK, the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ.

We have been taught to accept personal authority, not be foolish members who to eccliastic religiosity. We must glorify Sri Mother Theresa and those devotees of Sri who have catholic traditional bearings, we glorify Thomas Merton for his insight, and we reject without qualms the Catholic official support of bogus "manifest destiny" politics.

I also accept "The Prophecy of St John the Divine" over "the Book of Revelation" as well, but this difference between KJ and the actual Vulgate is another topic altogether.

And yes, Im caught up in some kali yuga things as well. I support IRA over Orangemen even though this is nonsense, but what do you expect from a leftie who still meditates on the mathmatics (zen) of baseball.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol. I also accept the DIFFERENCE between the protestant and the Catholic concerning the bible. The catholic scholars have been granted access to the largest library in history, that of the Vatican. In this library are not only my favored Kebra Nagast and the full recovered texts of Nag Hamadi, the great 20th century discoveries, there are also full accounts of the life of Lord Jesus Christ written by those whose record-keeping was of fanatic proportions, the Roman Empire (and even its successor, the HRE, founded by the sun worshipper Constantine). We have accounts of the activities of 1st century christians, the actual secret conversion of Rome. We have accounts of the regret of Rome that Lord Jesus is put to death at the hands of Judean bureaucratic law. (Both the wife of the emperor Tiberius and Pontius Pilate were devout followers of Lord Jesus Christ.) There is an extra-biblical account that has been named (foolishly IMHO) the gospel of Pontius Pilate that describes a meeting after resurrection between Pilate and the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

While the vatican does not widely advertize the existance of these writings that pass the time-test of authenticity, prerferring to keep their Official Dogma less comnplex, they have never denied access to their great historians, their official interest. Such folks in history as Padre Pio, Therese Avila, Origen, and even the great renaissance artists and writers and scientists who rebelled against the church (sometimes for good reason) may never be given top billing at sunday mass, but there is no conspiracy of secrecy.

The Protestant, on the other hand, accept dubious authority. They are called Protestant because they protest the Vatican and the authority of the Pope. That may be quite noble, but then they accept a king whose character is bogus, who employed Shakespeare and Byron and Bacon and other professional writers to create their authority, which is rigid, anti science, anti reality.

In my opinion, though the Catholic religion has been victim of kali cela just as all religions have, it is better to have the clergy decide matters of religion rather than kings who put the translators to death to keep it pure. The catholics have suffered anti-popes, fascist behavior, even armed corps of genocidal maniacs, yet this does not affect THE ROCK, the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ.

We have been taught to accept personal authority, not be foolish members who to eccliastic religiosity. We must glorify Sri Mother Theresa and those devotees of Sri who have catholic traditional bearings, we glorify Thomas Merton for his insight, and we reject without qualms the Catholic official support of bogus "manifest destiny" politics.

I also accept "The Prophecy of St John the Divine" over "the Book of Revelation" as well, but this difference between KJ and the actual Vulgate is another topic altogether.

And yes, Im caught up in some kali yuga things as well. I support IRA over Orangemen even though this is nonsense, but what do you expect from a leftie who still meditates on the mathmatics (zen) of baseball.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

The "church" is under attack post JP II. Study JP II and we see, big time, the embodiment of "give up all varieties of religion" mood. JP II's open embrace is very big.

Look at this fundamentalist catholic site attacking his mission .. unity in diversity.

Browse around the links on this right wing catholic site and you will see a rather amazing testimony.

You will also appreciate that Our Lady of Fatima is apparently the focal point of Our Lady's mission to bring her children together.

It looks like the Holy Father has instructions from Mary to unite the church in the embrace of diversity. Even impersonalists can be embraced because the Person of God the Persons of the Holy Trinity, we cannot lose and He will awaken them in our loving embrace.

It seems that Our Lady has ordained that the mission of the Catholic church is just that .. to become truly catholic "universal".

Of course there will be a big battle between christian (including catholic) fundamentalists and devotees of all sides, as this site (a fundamentalist one) shows.

Hmmm .. We also have this prophecy within the Marian movement of the "Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary". It is said that she promises and era (1000 years or 10000 years I think) of Peace ..

To bring this about, we are called to pray the rosary.

The pope was shot on May 13th, feast of Our Lady of Fatima. There is also the "secret of Fatima" that no one really knows about. He consecrated himself to her and his mantra of consecration to her was Totus Tuus.

Also Muslims revere Mary!

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/spirituality/mary-worship.htm

She is our shelter! Amen. Om.

Peace.

Guest guest

Haribol. Yes, there are those who have always grasped the bhakti over the religiosity, this is whom we focus on in all matters. Those who have transcended the external trappingas that burn with the rest of this asteroid in favor of the internal relationships with the Supreme Being and all His associates: these are the mentors. These are the gurus who bring this wonderful saving and divine grace to this realm of horror.

TYhe catholic tradition is rather amazing in their acceptance of responsibility for historical shortcomingas. There are those who may rightfully deride the church for not coming clean on the abuse and molestation issues, but like in our own house, these are performed by those barely at the beginning of the offensive stage of bhakti, kanistha adhikaris. Individual crimes by individuals and further crimes of covering up the problems by the same offensive kanistha adhikaris who hold positions of authority not sanctioned by Lord Balarama (meaning false gurus like romaraharsana).

But if one is really fair in their discernment of truth, one can see an unprecedented and very humble acceptance of responsibility. Many leaders have come quite clean, even the Popes apology to the jewish nation for percieved vatican appeasement of the third reich. Unprecedented. The assassination is also a clear show of how the late pope was actually quite a unique personality.

There are unheralded heavyweights such as the late Father Malachi Martin, a writer who served many popes directly and was one of the few to actually be apprised of the 1960 date mentioned to the children of Fatima, and actually know the third secret. He is dissenting. His "Windswept House", a novel of reality, is quitwe a commentary. There are other heavyweights with complete Vatican sanction who are aloof from bishop unions and blocs that are moving in opposite directions, much like those who harassed the children of Fatima, derided Bernadette, treated Juan like a tribal lunatic (in Guadaloupe, Mexico), and even threatened the likes of teresa and francis, great ascetics of the avadhuta order.

So, I dissent. I keep away from the altar just as I stay away from ISKCON arotika ceremonies. I accept that transcendence is there according to the vision of the devotee, without a doubt. By MY NATURE, my dissent, just gets me chased down the freeway, and I have been there, and done that.

A verification of my personal choice is something that is actually widely covered in all scripture, in fact, may be the true linkage between the true Christian and the True Vaisnava. This something is called "living in exile". The vedas are filled with both stories of living in exile and being harassed especially by fools and priests, in that orderr. The Life of Christ is also a story of how the descendents of both David and Solomon had to flee their home, live like slaves and put to death in the name of religion. So, when we live in our own exile, we meditate on the likes of Guha the Hunter, who gives shelter to Sri Sri Sita Rama, and the lord in the heart, Sri Laksmana. We have krsna like Queen Draupadi has Him, always available just for the asking. What did brother george harrison sing, we dont need no churchhouse, we dont need no temple....By chanting the name of the Lord we will be free, the Lord is awaiting on us all to awaken and see.

Hare Krsna, may your bunny be funny and sunrise service be grand. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa