IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Regulative Principles Mandatory?

Rate this topic

Ok Adamantine Resilience.

That is OK, my sword is made of Prabhupadinium.

That is HDG's Iskcon organization. Or did you forget already as you are so busy trying to start your own?

The odd thing is how you can completely ignore all the evidence that Srila Prabhupada ordered formal recognition of the four varnas within Iskcon, over and over again. Maybe not so odd, as this seems perfectly in character at this point.

You still accuse of "trying" and equate that to Forcing, and then predict poor results. Just because you failed, your sour grapes are intoxicating your mind.

He also clearly advocates the literal enactment of what he preaches, just because you (among others trust me) can abstract the figurative symbolism does not negate my first point, only enhances it if one is fortunate.

The quotes you cherry picked according to make this comment did not support the comment whatsoever. Your blade is rusty.

And finally shame on you for ending with this quote.

Which is such an out and out false accusation. You give absolutely no direct evidence that anyone turns the meaning of any quotes on their head, just your own speculative interpretation. Srila Prabhupada is preaching to the broad and the specific, including exact instructions while emphasising the transcendental. You act as if he was only speaking to those who could ALREADY understand the finest theistic conception in his preaching, which is a further indication of lack of understanding around where us commoners are at.

Hare Krsna

What he said, Heckle supports Jeckle:cool:

Hare Krsna, CB-r

Guest guest

A decade ago, there was lots of Varna Asrama Dharma (VAD) discussion going on. It was quite ludicrous, and was just really a plea to allow some to carry sig sauers in their beadbags. Only the machos were doing the discussion, ksatriya-wannabes outnumbered three to one all the rest of them. They were quite disturbed when I told them that without my legs as a sudra, they were just another wheelchair gun freak.

I started a company called sudra services, I am proud to be the legs of real VAD. I dont like VAD discussaion because folks wanna pick which varna they are attracted, they think prabhupada wanted to CREATE a VAD system. But Srila Prabhupada consistantly says that he doesnt crerate anything, and this goesw for VAD as well.

You are or you are not administrative, you are or you are not mercantile, you are or you are not labor, you are or you are not intelligentia. You dont get to pick. The varnas are what you are, not what you want to be. The asramas indicate what stage of life you are in, student, married, retired or renounced. Natural, not contrived. So, before VAD discussion takes place, stipulation should be of the natural EXISTANCE of VAD, not some creation of ISKCON, Prabhupada, or anyone else.

So what is the toll here, is it all who are wanting to be ksatriya? Vaisyas can shoot better (to protect their farms and bannks) and are far more wealthier. If I were to choose an army to align myself, Id go with sudras who could wipe out all the ksatriyas is very short order. Brahmana? Not in this age.

VAD is material designation, Vaisnava trumps them all. A person born in a female form in a family of meateaters who now is a vaisnava under the guidance of a bonafide spiritual master is of immeasurable status above the greatest avadhuta renunciate spouting off the veda.

Other than that, nice thread, nice topic.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Silly people.

You were silly too with the birds earlier? I loved Heckle and Jeckle as a kid. I was a TV brat from day one, addicted by day two. It's just transendental entertainment, Prabhu, like a TV program. The internet is silly. A place where every common person has equal voice? Silly! Isn't that back-a_s-word? Shouldn't only the more advanced speak and those in need of instruction listen? Silly place with silly people? Absolutly!

As long as the DVD message is conveyed, those willing can hear encouragement. Just looking for a few good men/people, are a DVD kind of guy/person?

If we do not like the chanel, then we change it. Every subject for Prabhupada's followers, that in any way comes in contact with the 5 gross eliments, must be regulated threw DVD cosmoligy. This is the message of Prabhupada for ISKCON. All subjects that touch/connect devotees to the material world, touch DVD preaching.

Hare Krsna, Caturbahu das Bahakti

Shouldn't only the more advanced speak and those in need of instruction listen?

Aren't we all in need of instruction? Even Srila Swami Maharaj called Srila Sridhar Maharaj his Siksha Guru, and Srila Sridhar Maharaj said he was in need of a guardian. So who should speak then Prabhu? You? Me? Who?

Hare Krsna Prabhu.

Incorrigible.

This is a trap. No one to hear, most of em think they are already pure.

I'm out, pearls before swine and that.

See you in Alachua.

Hare Krsna.

How is it a trap? You guys are really funny. When others are wrong you gloat, when you two are wrong others are incorrigable. :rolleyes: Whatever.

1. Incapable of being corrected or reformed: an incorrigible criminal.

2. Firmly rooted; ineradicable: incorrigible faults.

3. Difficult or impossible to control or manage: an incorrigible, spoiled child.

I happily admit when I'm wrong, please tell me so whenever you think appropriate.

A decade ago, there was lots of Varna Asrama Dharma (VAD) discussion going on. It was quite ludicrous, and was just really a plea to allow some to carry sig sauers in their beadbags. Only the machos were doing the discussion, ksatriya-wannabes outnumbered three to one all the rest of them. They were quite disturbed when I told them that without my legs as a sudra, they were just another wheelchair gun freak.

I started a company called sudra services, I am proud to be the legs of real VAD. I dont like VAD discussaion because folks wanna pick which varna they are attracted, they think prabhupada wanted to CREATE a VAD system. But Srila Prabhupada consistantly says that he doesnt crerate anything, and this goesw for VAD as well.

You are or you are not administrative, you are or you are not mercantile, you are or you are not labor, you are or you are not intelligentia. You dont get to pick. The varnas are what you are, not what you want to be. The asramas indicate what stage of life you are in, student, married, retired or renounced. Natural, not contrived. So, before VAD discussion takes place, stipulation should be of the natural EXISTANCE of VAD, not some creation of ISKCON, Prabhupada, or anyone else.

So what is the toll here, is it all who are wanting to be ksatriya? Vaisyas can shoot better (to protect their farms and bannks) and are far more wealthier. If I were to choose an army to align myself, Id go with sudras who could wipe out all the ksatriyas is very short order. Brahmana? Not in this age.

VAD is material designation, Vaisnava trumps them all. A person born in a female form in a family of meateaters who now is a vaisnava under the guidance of a bonafide spiritual master is of immeasurable status above the greatest avadhuta renunciate spouting off the veda.

Other than that, nice thread, nice topic.

Glade you chimmed in Mahaksa. Yes, if you do not agree then what? Kind of like two 5 yr olds fighting over a ball game. One says to the other if you do not see it my way I take my ball and go home. Game over, what power you have, free will. But you have a valid point about sudras importance, we should always remember the equality of DVD.

Yes, varna is natural, you are sudra, admited. And I say ksatriya, Srila Prabhupada admited. Cooperation amoung devotees means one varna listens to the other. Sudra will do as three higher varnas say. You say no cooperasion from you(sudra). You are very free to say. I'm sad

Third paragraph has been covered thread bear. So has the rest, Mahaksa you need to read the conversations in question. So much you have said is refuted there, by Srila Prabhupada.

But just for the giggles.......I know you like books more.......

SB. 8.2.30 purport

In the fighting between the elephant and the crocodile, the difference was that although the elephant was extremely powerful, he was in a foreign place, in the water. During one thousand years of fighting, he could not get any food, and under the circumstances his bodily strength diminished, and because his bodily strength diminished, his mind also became weak and his senses less powerful. The crocodile, however, being an animal of the water, had no difficulties. He was getting food and was therefore getting mental strength and sensual encouragement. Thus while the elephant became reduced in strength, the crocodile became more and more powerful. Now, from this we may take the lesson that in our fight with maya we should not be in a position in which our strength, enthusiasm and senses will be unable to fight vigorously. Our Krishna consciousness movement has actually declared war against the illusory energy, in which all the living entities are rotting in a false understanding of civilization. The soldiers in this Krishna consciousness movement must always possess physical strength, enthusiasm and sensual power. To keep themselves fit, they must therefore place themselves in a normal condition of life. What constitutes a normal condition will not be the same for everyone, and therefore there are divisions of varnasrama—brahmana, kshatriya, vaisya, sudra, brahmacarya, grihastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa. Especially in this age, Kali-yuga, it is advised that no one take sannyasa.

SB. 5.1.24 purport

Sometimes we are criticized because although I am a sannyasi, I have taken part in the marriage ceremonies of my disciples. It must be explained, however, that since we have started a Krishna conscious society and since a human society must also have ideal marriages, to correctly establish an ideal society we must take part in marrying some of its members, although we have taken to the path of renunciation. This may be astonishing to persons who are not very interested in establishing daiva-varnasrama, the transcendental system of four social orders and four spiritual orders. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, however, wanted to reestablish daiva-varnasrama. In daiva-varnasrama there cannot be acknowledgement of social status according to birthright because in Bhagavad-gita it is said that the determining considerations are guna and karma, one’s qualities and work. It is this daiva-varnasrama that should be established all over the world to continue a perfect society for Krishna consciousness. This may be astonishing to foolish critics, but it is one of the functions of a Krishna conscious society.

I hope this meets you in good health. Nice to see you here sir.

Hare Krsna, Caturbahu das Bhakti-raja

I would say that THIS is humorous, but I am not so insensitive. quote by Bhakti Devarsi

I apologise for posting the big picture of the Australian magpie yesterday. I just had to post it after beggar posted the picture of the tiny little german magpie. The Autralian version is a classic. A real Ksatriya. They are not afraid of humans and if you are peaceful in heart you can walk close to them. But in nesting season they are mean critters. They swoop and attack and can cause serious harm.

You say you are not insensitive. But after reading your posts I have noticed you freely sling alot of mud at others. In particular I found you spoke very harshly to our member Anadi Prabhu. I don't know why you did this. Was it because he is a follower of the Babaji's? You spoke awful to him. He is a very nice Vaisnava (I have spoken to him privately several times). But sure, like the rest of us, he is not perfect.

Then again, by me bringing up these things I am placing myself on the high horse and preparing for fall. Sorry about the magpie and my insensitivity.

Guest guest

the four varnas constitute the material body. Legs, belly, arms, and head.

But sudras take no orders from other sudras, that takes a little relationship building. In kali yuga, there are only sudras. There are sudras pretending to be brahmana, ksatriya, and vaisya, but all are sudras.

Now in Prabhupadas ideal society, VAD was to be somewhat implemented, among vaisnavas, set up on his farms. But that went down the drain when farms were sold and cows were slaughtered in favor of embassies in major cities and plush high-rises. And there were still so-called order givers who were not even in Vad, less than sudras.

VAD can be implemented in the EA schumaker style, small is beautiful. Maybe in a self standing community this will work, but in kali yuga, the main society is less than sudra. In fact, sudras are worshippable, when you come to think of it, because at least sudras are part of VAD, whereas the rest of society has so far to go to even be considered for such materialistic dharma.

Forget VAD, go sanatana dharma. Be vaisnava, if there is a real brahmana out there, he will become your disciple and go back home, back to godhead.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

PS thanks for your kind words.

Aren't we all in need of instruction? Even Srila Swami Maharaj called Srila Sridhar Maharaj his Siksha Guru, and Srila Sridhar Maharaj said he was in need of a guardian. So who should speak then Prabhu? You? Me? Who?

Point well taken. Could you tell me who Srila B. R. Sridhar Maharaja took siksha from on a daily bases, if any. Did He have a living Guru? If not why?Who Does Srila Govinda Maharaja take 'living siksha from? And who is there siksha and so on and so on..........is there ever a time where the devotee stands alone with Guru that has left. Does Srila Govinda Maharaja have communion with His Guru or does he always go through someone 'living'? Who is the middle man?

All will shout from the roof tops and you have to figure it out, pure message is in there, most are saying that way of themselves. You will find as your desires lead you, as will I. We are all saying Supersoul, Guru is in my heart, listem to me. you will find the voice that is suitable for you. does not mean you will find full truth, you still can be cheated. And you will go freely.

I apologise for posting the big picture of the Australian magpie yesterday. I just had to post it after beggar posted the picture of the tiny little german magpie. The Autralian version is a classic. A real Ksatriya. They are not afraid of humans and if you are peaceful in heart you can walk close to them. But in nesting season they are mean critters. They swoop and attack and can cause serious harm.

You say you are not insensitive. But after reading your posts I have noticed you freely sling alot of mud at others. In particular I found you spoke very harshly to our member Anadi Prabhu. I don't know why you did this. Was it because he is a follower of the Babaji's? You spoke awful to him. He is a very nice Vaisnava (I have spoken to him privately several times). But sure, like the rest of us, he is not perfect.

Then again, by me bringing up these things I am placing myself on the high horse and preparing for fall. Sorry about the magpie and my insensitivity.

Wow, really glad I checked back to make sure my last post made it through, as I was kicked off the net for a moment.

Bija, you are one here I admire and appreciated for what it is worth.

Some people used your light hearted attempt to sling mud at the innocent.

Anadi is hardly innocent. If he came into my temple slinging the nonsense he was, he would have been shown the door right quick. It just amazes me that people would chide me, but let his dribble slide. Well maybe I am not amazed anymore.

But I don't even want to hear your reply, because I am afraid I will lose my nice impression of you.

Anyway, until I have control over my own forum so I can silence the poison of anti-Prabhupada, I will stick by my first decision and bail. I was so happy that the lead moderators of Audarya are away in India doing whatever so that there could be some real nitty gritty discussed here, but now I realize that the "already pure devotee" sychophants can do just a good a job as drowning out the truth.

Besides, what do all the pure devotees here need to hear about impure dvd for.

Anyway, I wish you well on your way to Goloka.

Hare Krsna

But I don't even want to hear your reply, because I am afraid I will lose my nice impression of you. quote by Bhakti Devarsi.

There is not much to impress about me. Just a simple sudra with fairly base qualities...trying to raise myself by associating with Vaisnava's.

I do have two qualities Prabhu, that get me into deep water often. They are, over sensitivity and idealism. I kind of lived in a dream for years. I do not live near temples or other devotees here in Australia. So I had this conception in my mind that devotees were special. That they spoke kindly and generously to each other. This dream was somewhat shattered when I saw the reality after getting a computer one year ago.

But I still hold to the ideal and will work towards it. As I am beginning to wake up from illusion I am seeing so much filth and dirty rags hanging off my soul. This is not false humility, this is fact. Then I met a kind Swami who saw past all my crap. And saw something else. He is my ideal and hope. Just a tiny drop of his divine vision would be so nice. He has given me hope. Actually he is sending a mala from Gambhira to me next week after a wait of three years (this week). So much looking forward to this. So I will try to honor this gift and be more sensitive in the future.

the four varnas constitute the material body. Legs, belly, arms, and head.

But sudras take no orders from other sudras, that takes a little relationship building. In kali yuga, there are only sudras. There are sudras pretending to be brahmana, ksatriya, and vaisya, but all are sudras.

Now in Prabhupadas ideal society, VAD was to be somewhat implemented, among vaisnavas, set up on his farms. But that went down the drain when farms were sold and cows were slaughtered in favor of embassies in major cities and plush high-rises. And there were still so-called order givers who were not even in Vad, less than sudras.

VAD can be implemented in the EA schumaker style, small is beautiful. Maybe in a self standing community this will work, but in kali yuga, the main society is less than sudra. In fact, sudras are worshippable, when you come to think of it, because at least sudras are part of VAD, whereas the rest of society has so far to go to even be considered for such materialistic dharma.

Forget VAD, go sanatana dharma. Be vaisnava, if there is a real brahmana out there, he will become your disciple and go back home, back to godhead.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

PS thanks for your kind words.

"

Why would one sudra master craftsman not give orders/instructions to a yonger apprentice?

OK, no higher varna, say you are interested in DVD, how do you propose to create higher varna?

Proposal for DVD was for in our centers now. Not farms only, city centers is what we had then. Instruction is as relivent then as it is now. Nothing has been lost over time, no potency is lost to do DVD. Only will. Guru speaking in not useless at any time. As long as Prabhupada is being followed, His followers will try and eventually do it.

In America sudras are worshipped.

Wow! Srila Prabhupada says Vaisnava is not so easy, do DVD. Mahaksha says, no, no DVD, just be Vaisnava. Alrighty then!

There is not much to impress about me. Just a simple sudra with fairly base qualities...trying to raise myself by associating with Vaisnava's.

I do have two qualities Prabhu, that get me into deep water often. They are, over sensitivity and idealism. I kind of lived in a dream for years. I do not live near temples or other devotees here in Australia. So I had this conception in my mind that devotees were special. That they spoke kindly and generously to each other. This dream was somewhat shattered when I saw the reality after getting a computer one year ago.

But I still hold to the ideal and will work towards it. As I am beginning to wake up from illusion I am seeing so much filth and dirty rags hanging off my soul. This is not false humility, this is fact. Then I met a kind Swami who saw past all my crap. And saw something else. He is my ideal and hope. Just a tiny drop of his divine vision would be so nice. He has given me hope. Actually he is sending a mala from Gambhira to me next week after a wait of three years (this week). So much looking forward to this. So I will try to honor this gift and be more sensitive in the future.

I was wrong again, I did want to hear your reply. Please accept my humble obeisances. Please remember me in your prayers when you commune with your new mala. For it is a lonely place where the devotees around you think they are already liberated and you just refuse to prop them up, and if this is a fraction of a drop of what our Lord felt at Gambira, then I will never be able to handle such emotion anyway, and will just keep plugging away with my shadow of devotion, at least its something.

May you always be so humble, and may some of that come my way.

All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga.

How is it a trap? You guys are really funny. When others are wrong you gloat, when you two are wrong others are incorrigable. :rolleyes: Whatever.

1. Incapable of being corrected or reformed: an incorrigible criminal.

2. Firmly rooted; ineradicable: incorrigible faults.

3. Difficult or impossible to control or manage: an incorrigible, spoiled child.

I happily admit when I'm wrong, please tell me so whenever you think appropriate.

Just because a devotee tells you, you are wrong, does not mean the devotee knows what he is talking about. Only a point, not personal.

Yes, we should accept as correction what is given and give it good analyzation and introspection. Do the needfull, which might be to change. Or reject on grounds relivent to the individual or the vani of Prabhupada.

CB-r

Guest guest

By all means, act human. Vad is meant for human cooperation, but VAD is not the process nor the dharma for this age. What one says prabhupada wants is how they interpret, which is not really a negative. Srila Prabhupada teaches individuals, and individuals are disciples.

The highest person in out line comes outside any possibility or inclusion in VAD, yet Lord Chaitanya names this person NAMACARYA. Haridas Thakur is the primary example of what is needed for successful life. He is outside vedic society, outside hindu religiosity, cannot even go to a temple. But the chief resident of all temples, Lord Krsna Chaitanya, comes to visit Him, gets out of the stuffy confines of the temple to go to the beach to associate with the caretaker of the Holy Name. Haridas is ultimate authority, because he is also Lord Brahma, and the great grandfather acarya of our line.

Contrary to your opinion, I am not going against Prabhupada. He teaches that VAD is practical for successful material life. We speak apples and oranges here. He has provided material comforts (his centers) for his children so they can heve facility to act on his instruction to be vaisnava. We separate material life from spiritual life. They can jive nicely in a cooperative atmosphere, but in chaos, quarrel and confusion, VAD is a dream yet unfulfilled. So, we can build VAD by a life of endeavor and still have chaos, quarrel, and confusion, or we can do the YUGA Dharma, which removes the chaos, quarrel, and confusion. We follow Haridas thakur, vaisnava authority, who has no VAD chains around his neck (nor guns in his beadbag).

VAD is a dream yet unfulfilled. So, we can build VAD by a life of endeavor and still have chaos, quarrel, and confusion, or we can do the YUGA Dharma, which removes the chaos, quarrel, and confusion. We follow Haridas thakur, vaisnava authority, who has no VAD chains around his neck (nor guns in his beadbag).

Come on Mahak has hit a home run for the Truth, Yuga Dharma. Enough said...

Those instructions are Iskcon specific. If Iskcon can do it then more power to them. But such strict assigned social status is not for the society at large and no other matha can be expected to follow those instructions if their acarya prescribes otherwise.

Come on Mahak has hit a home run for the Truth, Yuga Dharma. Enough said...

Gentlemen, I am shocked and astonished that you would allow some voice in your head to make you think you need to make a choice between participating in the Yuga Dharma and Daivi Varnashrama Dharma.

VAD is a dream yet unfulfilled. So, we can build VAD by a life of endeavor and still have chaos, quarrel, and confusion, or we can do the YUGA Dharma, which removes the chaos, quarrel, and confusion. We follow Haridas thakur, vaisnava authority, who has no VAD chains around his neck (nor guns in his beadbag).

Who but one as pure and advanced (or more) than Haridas Thakur himself can label the Varnasrama dharma institution that which chains one to the material world. When just as many quotes presented in these very discussions describe how VAD is what assists conditioned souls to get out of the material world.

Of course for Haridas Thakur to engage in VAD would seem to be a regression, he is such a pure advanced servitor, what use would pretending at the execution of regulative principles do to increase his bliss.

It seems Mahak claims this status for all of us.

Just chant and be happy. Except for the 8 hours a day you are a slave to someone who sees you no different than a dollar bill, and will exploit your children too. No need for protection, just chant while you can still afford a roof over your head.

Why I oughta....

First HEAR THIS.

SB 9.10.51

Purport Among the four yugas—Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali—the Kali-yuga is the worst, but if the process of varnasrama-dharma is introduced, even in this age of Kali, the situation of Satya-yuga can be invoked. The Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, is meant for this purpose.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Now, Try this one on for size.

Sri Sri Haridas Thakur loves MahaPrabhu so much that he dives right back into the material world, determined to give the holy name to EVERYONE IN HIS OWN COSMIC EGG, STARTING WITH EARTH, BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.

And he accepts BOTH the yuga dharma of congregationally chanting the Holy Names of Sri Radha Krsna AND acts just like one of us, plunging into Kali yuga 120 years ago, taking birth in the family of a pure devotee, taking some average vaisya position in society, considered just a nice Grhasta by his Godbrothers, yet recognized for who he is by a very exalted and intimate servant of Lord Chaitanya who requests he make certain to give the Holy Name to "the west" aka everyone outside of Holy Bharata.

CC, Adi Lila, Chap. 3 TEXT 19

TEXT

yuga-dharma pravartaimu nama-sankirtana

cari bhava-bhakti diya nacamu bhuvana

TRANSLATION "I shall personally inaugurate the religion of the age-nama-sankirtana, the congregational chanting of the holy name. I shall make the world dance in ecstasy, realizing the four mellows of loving devotional service.

The only Yajna for this age is the Congregational Chanting of the Holy Names. There is no other way. X3

All Yajna is meant for Lord Visnu's satisfaction. He himself ordered the Kali Yuga Dharma of Nama Sankirtana Yajna for his own satisfaction.

Bhagavad Gita 3.9

Yajna means Lord Visnu, or sacrificial performances. All sacrificial performances also are meant for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu. The Vedas enjoin: yajno vai visnuh. In other words, the same purpose is served whether one performs prescribed yajnas or directly serves Lord Visnu. Krsna consciousness is therefore performance of yajna as it is prescribed in this verse. The varnasrama institution also aims at this for satisfying Lord Visnu. "Varnasramacara-vata purusena parah puman/visnur aradhyate..." (Visnu Purana 3.8.8)

SB 9.10.51

Purport:

Among the four yugas—Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali—the Kali-yuga is the worst, but if the process of varnasrama-dharma is introduced, even in this age of Kali, the situation of Satya-yuga can be invoked. The Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, is meant for this purpose.

A home run Beggar? Mahak was tagged before he got to first base.

Get with it fellas, times a wasting. Its all one, and its all good.

Hari Nama Sankirtana Yajna means CONGREGATION.

Many many people coming together, congregating. Every day, for a whole lifetime. Daivi Varnasrama Dharma is the PART AND PARCEL of that Yajna dharma in that it is what we do the rest of the time to support everything from our chanting parties, to the care of our young, to the funding and managing and protection of a place for Brahmins to do their trade in peace and teach the children well, etc.

They are as inseperable as the Holy Name from our dear Haridas Thakur's lips.

All Glories to the Namacharya Haridas Thakur.

All Glories to the Founder Acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, His DIVINE grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who built a HOUSE the whole world could live in, and lay their head in when they got home exhausted but enlivened from a day of Chanting and dancing and feasting.

A house called the Divine (Daivi) Varnasrama institution.

For you. And me. Until we don't need it anymore. And still we may come and visit and make repairs from time to time, because we love each other.

If I am hard on you guys it is because I love you, and those demons in your head don't stand a chance against that. And I need your true and abundantly available human maturity and wisdom to be applied to this situation in cooperation so we can do our Namacharya justice. Let us keep such lofty aspirations as becoming a ragatmika high above our heads, and see the only way to get there is to SEE WE STILL HAVE ONE FOOT IN THE GROUND ANYWAY, and convert that into Jacob's ladder by which our yet still deluded millions of our brothers and sisters all around us can hitch a ride back to Godhead with us on Srila Prabhupada's Sri Nama express.

Hare Krsna

ys

Bhakta Mark. (screen name Bhakta Devarsi)

Gentlemen, I am shocked and astonished that you would allow some voice in your head to make you think you need to make a choice between participating in the Yuga Dharma and Daivi Varnashrama Dharma.

Who but one as pure and advanced (or more) than Haridas Thakur himself can label the Varnasrama dharma institution that which chains one to the material world. When just as many quotes presented in these very discussions describe how VAD is what assists conditioned souls to get out of the material world.

Of course for Haridas Thakur to engage in VAD would seem to be a regression, he is such a pure advanced servitor, what use would pretending at the execution of regulative principles do to increase his bliss.

It seems Mahak claims this status for all of us.

Just chant and be happy. Except for the 8 hours a day you are a slave to someone who sees you no different than a dollar bill, and will exploit your children too. No need for protection, just chant while you can still afford a roof over your head.

Why I oughta....

First HEAR THIS.

SB 9.10.51

<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Purport Among the four yugas—Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali—the Kali-yuga is the worst, but if the process of varnasrama-dharma is introduced, even in this age of Kali, the situation of Satya-yuga can be invoked. The Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, is meant for this purpose.

Now, Try this one on for size.

Sri Sri Haridas Thakur loves MahaPrabhu so much that he dives right back into the material world, determined to give the holy name to EVERYONE IN HIS OWN COSMIC EGG, STARTING WITH EARTH, BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.

And he accepts BOTH the yuga dharma of congregationally chanting the Holy Names of Sri Radha Krsna AND acts just like one of us, plunging into Kali yuga 120 years ago, taking birth in the family of a pure devotee, taking some average vaisya position in society, considered just a nice Grhasta by his Godbrothers, yet recognized for who he is by a very exalted and intimate servant of Lord Chaitanya who requests he make certain to give the Holy Name to "the west" aka everyone outside of Holy Bharata.

CC, Adi Lila, Chap. 3 TEXT 19

TEXT

yuga-dharma pravartaimu nama-sankirtana

cari bhava-bhakti diya nacamu bhuvana

TRANSLATION "I shall personally inaugurate the religion of the age-nama-sankirtana, the congregational chanting of the holy name. I shall make the world dance in ecstasy, realizing the four mellows of loving devotional service.

The only Yajna for this age is the Congregational Chanting of the Holy Names. There is no other way. X3

All Yajna is meant for Lord Visnu's satisfaction. He himself ordered the Kali Yuga Dharma of Nama Sankirtana Yajna for his own satisfaction.

Bhagavad Gita 3.9

Yajna means Lord Visnu, or sacrificial performances. All sacrificial performances also are meant for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu. The Vedas enjoin: yajno vai visnuh. In other words, the same purpose is served whether one performs prescribed yajnas or directly serves Lord Visnu. Krsna consciousness is therefore performance of yajna as it is prescribed in this verse. The varnasrama institution also aims at this for satisfying Lord Visnu. "Varnasramacara-vata purusena parah puman/visnur aradhyate..." (Visnu Purana 3.8.8)

SB 9.10.51

Purport:

Among the four yugas—Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali—the Kali-yuga is the worst, but if the process of varnasrama-dharma is introduced, even in this age of Kali, the situation of Satya-yuga can be invoked. The Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, is meant for this purpose.

A home run Beggar? Mahak was tagged before he got to first base.

Get with it fellas, times a wasting. Its all one, and its all good.

Hari Nama Sankirtana Yajna means CONGREGATION.

Many many people coming together, congregating. Every day, for a whole lifetime. Daivi Varnasrama Dharma is the PART AND PARCEL of that Yajna dharma in that it is what we do the rest of the time to support everything from our chanting parties, to the care of our young, to the funding and managing and protection of a place for Brahmins to do their trade in peace and teach the children well, etc.

They are as inseperable as the Holy Name from our dear Haridas Thakur's lips.

All Glories to the Namacharya Haridas Thakur.

All Glories to the Founder Acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, His DIVINE grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who built a HOUSE the whole world could live in, and lay their head in when they got home exhausted but enlivened from a day of Chanting and dancing and feasting.

A house called the Divine (Daivi) Varnasrama institution.

For you. And me. Until we don't need it anymore. And still we may come and visit and make repairs from time to time, because we love each other.

If I am hard on you guys it is because I love you, and those demons in your head don't stand a chance against that. And I need your true and abundantly available human maturity and wisdom to be applied to this situation in cooperation so we can do our Namacharya justice. Let us keep such lofty aspirations as becoming a ragatmika high above our heads, and see the only way to get there is to SEE WE STILL HAVE ONE FOOT IN THE GROUND ANYWAY, and convert that into Jacob's ladder by which our yet still deluded millions of our brothers and sisters all around us can hitch a ride back to Godhead with us on Srila Prabhupada's Sri Nama express.

Hare Krsna

ys

Bhakta Mark. (screen name Bhakta Devarsi)

What he said, am I Heckle or Jeckle? No matter. You all do remember those wacky magpies always won, right? Almost. No purfection yet.

You prabhus always go for defeatism, endless excusses to fail, instead of the other way around. Your choice is to stay on all fours instead of walking up right.

CB-r