IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
brajeshwara das

Vedabase.net or desktop?

Rate this topic

Hari Krsna!

I do not have the full Vedabase but there is a cheaper alternative that you can get here:

krishna.tv/databases-folio-c-48.htm

It has all of Srila Prabhupada's pre 1978 books (unedited). It is just like the fullblown Vedabase that you can search, copy/paste etc. It does not include his letters and some of the other bells and whistles of the full Vedabase. I think it's great and I use it a lot. It's outstanding to use when you are not online, especially if you use a laptop or tablet PC.

:namaskar:

Hari Krsna!

I do not have the full Vedabase but there is a cheaper alternative that you can get here:

krishna.tv/databases-folio-c-48.htm

It has all of Srila Prabhupada's pre 1978 books (unedited). It is just like the fullblown Vedabase that you can search, copy/paste etc. It does not include his letters and some of the other bells and whistles of the full Vedabase. I think it's great and I use it a lot. It's outstanding to use when you are not online, especially if you use a laptop or tablet PC.

:namaskar:

could you please give a working link?

I used to have a vedabase downloaded in my computer, it was great! Easy copy and paste, but i lost it, when my computer died.

I have not been able to replace it. Now i just use the folio disk, which for some reason will not let me copy and paste. So i find things there by search, then using more refined date and times, i look in google, then copy and paste if i find anything.

Just yesterday i was looking for Prabhupada's talking on the words "negative attraction" which i learned through KC. I wanted to see if Prabhupada said anything about this, but did not find.

Help! We need to be able to copy and paste from Vedabase, without paying the Hundreds of dollars for the Vedabase! Some of us can't afford it!

I just got a 64-bit laptop and I'm not sure the Vedabase will work on it, since Folio may be a bit long-in-the-tooth as software goes. So before I fork out $$$ can anyone confirm this?

Here's that Vedabase alternative BTW

Only $9.95! I wonder if it works with 64-bit machines?

Hare Krshna,

bhakta chris - sorry about the link, I do not have enough posts to include full links yet. Thanks for the link brajeshwara das! I do not know if it will run on a 64-bit machine or not, but it is well worth the price if it does. Here is another site that you can get the full Veda base for 95.00 US! I do not own it and the company is in India so I can't recomend it one way or the other. touchstonemedia.com/folio.htm

I just got a 64-bit laptop and I'm not sure the Vedabase will work on it, since Folio may be a bit long-in-the-tooth as software goes. So before I fork out $$$ can anyone confirm this?

Here's that Vedabase alternative BTW

Only $9.95! I wonder if it works with 64-bit machines?

I bought this, but the balaram font won't allow to download. Is there a another place for the balaram font?

Hare Krshna,

bhakta chris - sorry about the link, I do not have enough posts to include full links yet. Thanks for the link brajeshwara das! I do not know if it will run on a 64-bit machine or not, but it is well worth the price if it does. Here is another site that you can get the full Veda base for 95.00 US! I do not own it and the company is in India so I can't recomend it one way or the other. touchstonemedia.com/folio.htm

It's $20 from MatchlessGifts!