IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Settle in Holy Place!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vaishnavas,

How much would it cost to settle in a holy place like Vrindavan etc.? What sort of job can one do there without it affecting our spiritual practices? Will the mathas there help in this regard?

Seeker,

you are looking for something exalted which is very much in our reach.

Our Yoga Teacher, Atmananda Dasa, was looking for a yoga teacher who could teach one year in Goverdham.

I am doing service for Radhadesh, if not, i would have volunteerd for the job.

Erik.

Guest guest

Dear Erik,

Could you please provide me with more details on living in Vrindavan, such as living costs, what to do, whom to contact? Thanks again.

Guest guest

I recommend you seek out some service in a temple and only stay while you have service. i would be concerned with quality not proximity. Less risk at causing offense in the dham.

Seeker,

i cannot help you with what to do there etc...i think it is best to do some service there in temples or on schools or whatever, i don't know Vrindavan well, i have been there only 10 days and was not a devotee in the sense i am now.

Anyway, what is proximity and how does it cause offenses to the Dham ?

Erik.

I have the ability to commit offenses without leaving home. I wouldn't want to cause offenses in the Dham with my mundane mentality. The Dham is home to the devotees, and I am only thier aspiring servant. Maybe proximity means focus on the quality of your sadhana and not just try to get physically close. Unless I have service there I'm safer here in California. I was told many times that you don't 'go' to the Dham but you are granted entrance. You may physically be in Vrindavan but your consciousness will determine where you 'really are'. You could be physically in Toledo but if you are a *real* devotee, you will always be in the Dham. Service is there wherever you are, and that is our salvation. I don't know, I'm tired. Forgive my ignorance, it's likely nonsense.

Guest guest

Suggest you look at the following discussion:

Thanks, Raga, I went through it. I'd rather prefer option three. But could you at least give me a rought estimate of how much that'd cost? As to ashrams selling rooms, can you give an idea as to what the rooms are like, is it just one room, facilities, charge? Is it possible to buy clean food, rather than make it oneself?

Guest guest

I bought an apartment during my last visit to vrindavan.

It was around 1 million rupees. It has a one room of 225 square meter.

Rest kitchen and bathroom are sufficiently large. The cost is more because it is just in front of Iskcon's Krishna balram temple in kesav kunj. Some extra fitting costs another 0.1 million rupees. And apartment registration will cost say another 0.1 million rupees.

YS, DEV

Guest guest

I bought an apartment during my last visit to vrindavan.

It was around 1 million rupees. It has a one room of 225 square meter.

Rest kitchen and bathroom are sufficiently large. The cost is more because it is just in front of Iskcon's Krishna balram temple in kesav kunj. Some extra fitting costs another 0.1 million rupees. And apartment registration will cost say another 0.1 million rupees.

YS, DEV

You mean the land alone, or house+land? How much would it cost in other areas, what's the minimum one could get?

Guest guest

Size of apartment is 225sq ft. It is an apartment block. There are many apartments in that buildings ,100s of apartment.

YS, DEV

Guest guest

Same apartment you can get in half price if you choose to stay away, say on Delhi road. There are many builders building apartments in Vrindavan.

But my priority was to attend managal aarti of KB temple and the morning SB lectures. For that reason I choose to pay the double amount.

YS, DEV

Guest guest

If you have desire to go there...then just go.

Don`t worry about material fears. If you need to think about what you need to do, think about it there when its time to do it.

Guest guest

If you have desire to go there...then just go.

Don`t worry about material fears. If you need to think about what you need to do, think about it there when its time to do it.

Does it not make sense to live only in the Holy Dham when you have something like a monthly pension to cover your existential costs?

To live in Vrindavan and at the same time worrying how to pay for rent, food, medicines etc. or even become a burden for others - how is that a reasonable lifestyle for any sane person in Krishna's Holy Birthplace?

Besides, all our acaryas say to first of all preach and bring spiritual knowledge to suffering global kali-yuga victims.

After having done that, the award to live like an exemplary cultered Vaishnava in Vrindavan for the last remaining days makes sense.

Although, what I heard, to go to Vrindavan and spent there the last days is almost impossible because of too much bureaucracy.

Therefore it is said, Vrindavan is there where Krishna and His devotees are being worshipped, no need to go to India.

Just to bring the ashes of George Harrison to India and install some little memorial took some 3 years of fight with dozens of office authorities.