IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Non-Christians - how do you respond?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Bible never claims that Jesus had said that he was God. In John 14:28,

he clearly says that (Father is Greater than I, so I go to him). and when the people took up stone to kill him because of blasphemy, Jesus replied (because I said that I'm son of God?) and when Jesus said that God and he is one, he meant in one-ness, not the same. In John 1, the word was with God, and word was God. it means that word was (with) God, and the word(message) was God. because spirit and message came from God. If you look all through the bible, even in an old testament, bible always says, "there is none like me, no not one" And if you want to explain the spirit of God with words, it's a general concensus that words can not suffice the glory of God.

And I being a Christian myself, it's not a good policy to Alienate people from

other religion when it's evident that God's spirit are in many...

Don't you think Jesus loves Hindu people? I'm sure Hindu people loves Jesus too, not too different than how Christian church people loves Jesus also.

Words will not feed the hungry, and almost will not comfort broken hearts.

All these words in this website and also other website is selfish, which Jesus understands, which creator understands...if we can rise above our own self

and just not offend someone once a day, show kindness once a week,

let our ego and lust die in Christ once a month, that would be a miracle.

And I being a Christian myself, it's not a good policy to Alienate people from

other religion when it's evident that God's spirit are in many...

Don't you think Jesus loves Hindu people? I'm sure Hindu people loves Jesus too, not too different than how Christian church people loves Jesus also. quote by shantayaji

Thank you for saying such kind words. I feel also the love of some hindus for Jesus would be similar to some christians love for Jesus.

Just yesterday a christian friend (who knows I am a practicing Hare Krsna) pulled me up in the supermarket and said, "you know Jesus is the 'only' way, truth and life". I was polite to him. But I am sure he was unaware of the love in my heart for Jesus, and how carelessly he prejudged my heart. The main gist that keeps ringing in my heart from Jesus' words is.."do not judge...or you will be judged the same".

I hope the original poster of this thread can come to understand such things...as I am sure he is not a bad person just like my christian friend who approached me in the supermarket.

All these words in this website and also other website is selfish, which Jesus understands, which creator understands...if we can rise above our own self

and just not offend someone once a day, show kindness once a week,

let our ego and lust die in Christ once a month, that would be a miracle. quote by shantayaji

I think so too...we are all in this boat together...full of selfish desires. I hope by love and grace we can go beyond our small self and extend mercy.

As Brajeshwara dasa has previously posted, Lord Caitanya calls us to show all respects to others. I am not so offended by the original poster, because there is nothing to defend, but only hope that oneday his (and mine) spiritual vision may grow more.

...be tolerant, humble, and give honor to others... so simple but so hard to do. Dayal Nityananda, Gaura Haribol.

Which is the way I try to conduct my dealings with others. However, this person is clearly here to proselytize and denigrate, not engage in spiritual dialogue. Therefore, firm correction is in order.

Which is the way I try to conduct my dealings with others. However, this person is clearly here to proselytize and denigrate, not engage in spiritual dialogue. Therefore, firm correction is in order.

Firm correction is in order within our own hearts, see this as a test of our tolerance if you like. What is it to be tolerant if there is nothing to tolerate? And know that the intention of the original poster is to share the mercy of the Lord, even if it is not properly understood by him. That is what we all want, to enter into that service relationship and be a conduit for mercy. So the desire to post here is an honorable one, to be respected, and we should show that original poster some affection and encouragement, while letting him know there is mercy here to be had, and hopefully he will learn something from Lord Caitanya and become more tolerant, humble, and give honor to others.

Guest guest

What happened to Jesus? He died too! Belief in that he rose again are just a matter of faith which I don't believe. Anyway if you took at the Jesus story it has taken numerous previously-existing stories and repackaged it. Alot of Jesus's saying are the modified saying of the Buddha. And which version of Jesus are you to believe? What the church says or the gnostics?

But one thing you need to know, once you are born, you are sure to die. Jesus was no exception.

brajeshwara prabhu...good thoughts, thank you.

However, it is clear that this person is not here to share mercy, but to destroy and convert.

I stand by my previous statements.

So were Jagai and Madhai, even worse they were drunkards and barbarous, but through the great mercy of Nityananda Prabhu they received Mahaprabhu's mercy. We need to do the same if we wish to receive the mercy ourselves.

So were Jagai and Madhai, even worse they were drunkards and barbarous, but through the great mercy of Nityananda Prabhu they received Mahaprabhu's mercy. We need to do the same if we wish to receive the mercy ourselves.

Once again, nice Vaisnava thoughts.

The problem with these aggressive Christians is that they do not care to learn anything or share one-on-one with those of other spiritual backgrounds. All they want to do is divide and conquer, and eventually transform America into a nation where forms of worship such as Gaudiya Vaisnavism, which they consider idolatrous and satanic, will be oulawed.

If you want to take a commendably tolerant yet naively passive approach to these people, that's your business. Personally, I feel that we as devotees have a way of life and worship to protect and defend, and won't hesitate to speak strongly when appropriate.

Once again, nice Vaisnava thoughts.

Personally, I feel that we as devotees have a way of life and worship to protect and defend, and won't hesitate to speak strongly when appropriate.

I think following the teachings of Mahaprabhu is the best way to protect and defend. If we don't then what are we protecting, what are we defending? Everything starts in consciousness.

Guest guest

by condemning the messenger, you are choosing the wrong path. This event has become a stumbling block for you instead of stepping stones....

This is a fork on the road for you, to a next level. Let the messenger say whatever she/he want, for they say for their own reasons..after that, if they say again, it means they are asking...not saying.

sanatan, let the other messenger be on their own path. If your path is a correct one, you would not condemn. be still, in peace. and love. Bless them for their strife and love for God, and giving us the challenge that is worthy.

Pray for his soul and for ours. I'm that I am, God is not a religion. Love is in here, not of here. Without the trial of the messenger, how will you learn to find your path? rise above old, to be a new...while you can...

"Why is Jesus different from the <B>likes of</b>," ..... one stops reading the words of such a fool right here. I guess it was important to be reminded that such idiots are out there. Right, Don?

I do not know exactly what to say after reading that article you posted. It is just sick and delusional religion. And the scary thing is I have personally met people who have this end times world view and power mentality.

Some years back I was searching for God at a difficult time in my life. I associated with fundamentalist churches, and everything was peachy and nice. But when the time came to move on in my search, some of my christian friends became very intolerant.

It was a greatly testing time, as so-called friends warned me not to go near their families, and all sorts of rubbish (accusation that I was in cohorts with the devil and such non-sense). Considering my search for God was sincere I found the fanaticism of these people to be based more on fear of difference than love.

At the time it was very painful. But looking back now it was a major time for spiritual growth for me. Actually the man who challenged me in the supermarket (that I mentioned in my previous post) was one of these people. We have both grown over the years...but he is still fanatic.

As my spiritual development has matured through practice of Vaisnavism, I see these people on a much deeper level now. I see them as soul who have a belief system, but who have not entered deeper into their spiritual vision.

I almost feel a kind of compassion for them now. And grateful that I was introduced to a spiritual path (Vaisnavism) that has allowed personal growth in my own life. These two realizations repel the possibility of hate in my heart.

It is sad really; these fanatical fundametalists who go to extremes, surely paint un ugly picture of religion and God. Religion has failed it's purpose over the centuries. This is the real concern I feel. This even more so highlights the need for genuine spirituality to be practiced and searched for.

The only hope really is for true enlightenment, this material world is full of problem. To pass over the hurdle and obstacle of superiority as it presents it's ugly head, to the spiritual seeker on the spiritual path. And the need for humility, tolerance, and respect for all others. And hope that oneday we will be released into our true glory, our true spiritual identities.

I guess what I am trying to express in simpler words is....'developing tolerance is good practice for peace of mind and sanity, in a sometimes crazy world.' It seems to work for me.