IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Sex is the overwhelming obsession of modern society: Sex is where it’s at???

Rate this topic

I always wondered the motive for a sanyassi to go on a tour to highlight these points. It is an obsession, so much so, that some so-called teachers use every opportunity to speak of the evils of sex. I always thought this was just as provocative, just the other side of the same coin.

Sex is Krsna. Procreation is Krsna. The special love between married partners is Krsna. To the Krsna conscious person, that is. When we apply evil to something that has no good or evil assigned to it is very weird and also very dangerous. Sex is neutral, the use of it comes in all three modes of material nature.

Okay, the base of attraction by lust is covered, duh. But what is missing is attraction by anger. When some artificially renounce sense activities, their premature deciusion leads to the same pulling, the same contemplation, the same destruction of spiritual life. Some attracted to sex by anger (like the GOP, Christo-fascists, closet queens with agenda to present themselves as purity personified) always rail against anything to do with the3 act. Their speeches have no value, because they do not decrease lust by their words, all the do is increase anger, so we end up with a bunch of repressed fanatics angry at the other sex, discriminating falsely against a major population of Vaisnavas, those who have the female form. These repressed reprobates haqve fo0r years accused my sisters, Prabhupadas daughters, of being maya devi, when only their minds full of anger and lust, the only perversion being their very selves.

Oh no, another sex discussion on Vaisnava forums. Its simple, chant hare krsna, control as much as possible (without going off the deep end) not only lust, but an even greater enemy, anger.

There, Im done, mahaksadasa

Sex is abominable? How do you think we came into this world? Sex is the act of creation between man and woman. I agree promiscuous sex and sex before or outside marriage is wrong, but not sex itself.

abominable

<cite>Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)</cite> - Cite This Source <!-- google_ad_region_start=def --> a·bom·i·na·ble premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif /əˈbɒmthinsp.pngəthinsp.pngthinsp.pngbəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-bom-uh-nuh-buhthinsp.pngl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">very unpleasant; disagreeable: The weather was abominable last week. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">3.</td><td valign="top">very bad, poor, or inferior: They have abominable taste in clothes. </td></tr></tbody></table>

<hr class="ety">[Origin: 1325–75; ME < L abōminābilis, equiv. to abōminā() to pray to avert an eventuality, despise as a bad omen, abhor (see ab-, omen) +

Look at definition 3, "or inferior". Don't you think that someone who had realized they were not their body would view sex as an "inferior" pleasure?

HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada:

"Material life is such that due to indulgence in illicit sex, gambling, intoxication and meat-eating, the conditioned soul is always in a dangerous condition. Meat-eating and intoxication excite the senses more and more, and the conditioned soul falls victim to women. In order to keep women, money is required, and to acquire money, one begs, borrows or steals. Indeed, he commits abominable acts that cause him to suffer both in this life and in the next. Consequently illicit sex must be stopped by those who are spiritually inclined or who are on the path of spiritual realization. Many devotees fall down due to illicit sex. They may steal money and even fall down from the highly honored renounced order. Then for a livelihood they accept menial services and become beggars. It is therefore said in the sastras, yan maithunadi-grhamedhi-sukham hi tuccham: materialism is based on sex, whether licit or illicit. Sex is full of dangers even for those who are addicted to household life. Whether one has a license for sex or not, there is great trouble. Bahu-duhkha-bhak: after one indulges in sex, many volumes of miseries ensue. One suffers more and more in material life. A miserly person cannot properly utilize the wealth he has, and similarly a materialistic person misuses the human form. Instead of using it for spiritual emancipation, he uses the body for sense gratification. Therefore he is called a miser."

Srimad-Bhagavatam 5:14:22 Purport

maybe sex is abominable between two yetis, but I would not tell them that, because they probably like it okay.

What goes on in ones mind is abominable.

Am I missing something? Doesnt Krsna speak of sex with religious principle is no one other than His very self?

Just like the clamor to remove the genitals of the perverts. No, their genitals do not act alone, their minds must be removed.

(edit...the previous poster was talking about Yamunacarya...but it must have been deleted...don't know why?)

here are some Yamunacarya verses...

"Uncultured, mean, fickle-minded, envious, ungrateful, proud, subservient to lust, deceitful,

hard-hearted, and sinful am <st1:place w:st="on">I.</st1:place> O Lord, how will I ever be able to cross this insurmountable

ocean of misery and attain to the service of Your lotus feet?"

<!--[if !supportLists]-->-<!--[endif]-->Sri Yamunacarya

<!--[if !supportLists]-->-<!--[endif]-->

"O Lord, one who keeps Your pledge in mind and wholly surrenders unto You, declaring,

'I am Yours alone,' is a fit recipient for Your grace. Is it only I who am not included in Your

promise?"

"O Mukunda, there is no offensive activity in this world that I have not performed thousands

of times. Now, finally, I have no alternative but to simply weep before You."

<!--[if !supportLists]-->-<!--[endif]-->Sri Yamunacarya

<!--[if !supportLists]-->-<!--[endif]-->

"O Lord, I was drowning in the fathomless, endless ocean of material existence, and now,

after immeasurable time, I have reached the shore - Your Divine Self. And You also have finally

obtained the most fit recipient for Your mercy."

- Sri Yamunacarya

-"The perpetrator of thousands of offenses, fallen into the terrible ocean of material existence,

I have no shelter but You. O Lord Hari, please graciously accept this surrendered soul

as one of Your own."

- Sri Yamunacarya

Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamrta

The Life-Nectar of the Surrendered Souls

Srila Bhakti Raksaka Sridhar-deva Goswami Maharaja

Srila Sridhar Maharaja summarizes: Despite thousands of personal defects a devotee can never check his desire for the Lord' service---

Uncultured, mean, fickle-minded, envious, ungrateful, proud, subservient to lust, deceitful, hard-hearted, and sinful am I. O Lord, how will I ever be able to cross this insurmountable ocean of misery and attain to the service of Your lotus feet?

---Sri Yamunacarya

When O when will that day come when I'll love KRSNA with that same intensity and attraction that I was attracted to the beauty of young volumptuous fresh maidens in th flower of youth?:confused:

There is so much to learn on how the original adi-rasa of spiritual sex life culminating in KRSNA'S Rasa-lila dance with the gopis of Vrajabhumi has become completely perverted, twisted and morphed into the abominable mundane sex life of conditioned souls engaged in carnal beastiality.:smash: We are all originally meant to love KRSNA and not vagina.:pray:

My wife and I talked about homosexuality and trans-gender people, like what is their karma that leads them to have those kinds of desires? Male conditioning trapped in female bodies and vice versa or what? I figure they are just confused and attached just like the rest of us, but the way it is manifested seems to have some lesson to be learned, I'm just not conscious enough to perceive it clearly.

I wish I also didn't fall into the trap of sex life, my wife warned me before we got going but did I listen? Nooo.... Life would be so much simpler as a bramachari.

Guest guest

>>>I wish I also didn't fall into the trap of sex life, my wife warned me before we got going but did I listen? Nooo.... Life would be so much simpler as a bramachari.<<<

Oh my dear gods in heaven...what a horrible and shameful thing to say! Not only about your marriage, but of its reflection on your wife and your own sense of "love". I am just apalled...my goodness...

>>>I wish I also didn't fall into the trap of sex life, my wife warned me before we got going but did I listen? Nooo.... Life would be so much simpler as a bramachari.<<<

Oh my dear gods in heaven...what a horrible and shameful thing to say! Not only about your marriage, but of its reflection on your wife and your own sense of "love". I am just apalled...my goodness...

I try to love my wife as best I can, and BTW love isn't the physical relationship I have with my wife. It is your idea of what the physical relationship is that is the problem. We could be in love regardless of any physical relationship.

I should be honest about it, sorry if that disturbs you. My wife and I both agree on this so don't feel bad for my wife. The redeeming part of it all is we have a beautiful son. But being a parent is hard work, and I'm just being honest that life would be so much simpler if I was a celibate monk. Grhasta life is very difficult and I can't spend as much time in sadhana, and I am exposed to much more of the materialistic energies that I would be in a bramachari ashram.

I don't have a complex about sex and feel guilty or anything, I know some can get wierd when trying to address sex and spirituality, but I know from my heart that sex in this material world is exploitation and not love, it may be sweetest when it is mutual, consensual sharing of exploitation, but it is not love. Love is when I take out the garbage without being told, do small things to please my wife and make her life easier. Love is when we support each other in our endeavors and have tolerance, humility, and honor for each other. All that could be had without sex.

Guest guest

I have one thing to say about love not being physical relations...DUH!!! To have it not be a part of it though, to not be able to express yourself in such a passionate way, would be like a majestic crown missing some jewels...incomplete. I will say that I am relieved for you that your wife agrees on these issues, but even more appalled that you have a son. How will he feel when he learns that he is the product of "duty" and not love? How will he feel when he discovers that his parents find sex abominable? My goodness man...I just feel sorry for you.

I have one thing to say about love not being physical relations...DUH!!! To have it not be a part of it though, to not be able to express yourself in such a passionate way, would be like a majestic crown missing some jewels...incomplete. I will say that I am relieved for you that your wife agrees on these issues, but even more appalled that you have a son. How will he feel when he learns that he is the product of "duty" and not love? How will he feel when he discovers that his parents find sex abominable? My goodness man...I just feel sorry for you.

As shown before when Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada told that "sex life is abominable" he was using the definition, which is now somewhat archaic, were abominable means only "inferior".

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 2.59

viṣayā vinivartante

nirāhārasya dehinaḥ

rasa-varjaḿ raso 'py asya

paraḿ dṛṣṭvā nivartate

SYNONYMS

viṣayāḥ — objects for sense enjoyment; vinivartanteare practiced to be refrained from; nirāhārasya — by negative restrictions; dehinaḥ — for the embodied; rasa-varjam — giving up the taste; rasaḥ — sense of enjoyment; api — although there is; asya — his; param — far superior things; dṛṣṭvā — by experiencing; nivartatehe ceases from.

TRANSLATION

The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment, though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing such engagements by experiencing a higher taste, he is fixed in consciousness.

PURPORT

Unless one is transcendentally situated, it is not possible to cease from sense enjoyment. The process of restriction from sense enjoyment by rules and regulations is something like restricting a diseased person from certain types of eatables. The patient, however, neither likes such restrictions nor loses his taste for eatables. Similarly, sense restriction by some spiritual process like aṣṭāńga-yoga, in the matter of yama, niyama, āsana, prāṇāyāma, pratyāhāra, dhāraṇā, dhyāna, etc., is recommended for less intelligent persons who have no better knowledge. But one who has tasted the beauty of the Supreme Lord Kṛṣṇa, in the course of his advancement in Kṛṣṇa consciousness, no longer has a taste for dead, material things. Therefore, restrictions are there for the less intelligent neophytes in the spiritual advancement of life, but such restrictions are only good until one actually has a taste for Kṛṣṇa consciousness. When one is actually Kṛṣṇa conscious, he automatically loses his taste for pale things.

He was a product of passion, not love (like most kids in this world). He gets to school everyday clean and with a full stomach because of love. We loved each other surely when he was conceived, but the act was one of passion, with a bit of ignorance as well. If it was out of duty we certainly would have been more prepared.

Anyhow, I truly appreciate your concern and understand why you misunderstand. But frankly I think I have a very healthy view and know, unlike many others in this world, that there is a very high ideal to achieve when we say 'love'. It isn't the mundane thing most everyone experiences, and I won't cheapen it by considering physical sex as intrinsic to love.

Guest guest

Dear Guest69,

"I will say that I am relieved for you that your wife agrees on these issues, but even more appalled that you have a son."

You are appalled that this respectable devotee should have a son? You are relieved that that his wife agrees on these issues?

Who on earth are you to profess such arrogant and conceited opinions? I myself am highly offended that you could think to write such offensive words on a public forum. How dare you.

For one, you have no right to critisize how other people may choose to live their lives, especially in such an offensive manner. You even go to the extent of saying that you are appalled that a married couple should have a son! Who are you to be appalled? I personally am appalled that anyone could have the audacity to write such comments on a public forum.

Anyone who has ever truly loved anyone else knows that sex has nothing to do with love. One can have a perfectly loving relationship without the need for sex. "a majestic crown missing some jewels...incomplete." Your comment shows that you have never truly experienced the depth and intensity of true love. It is you who are to be pitied.

Candice.