IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
niranjan

Are Sikhs,Buddhists and Jains Hindus?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You say I believe in conspiracy theories, obviously you call this a conspiracy theory because you do not agree with me. Nice and clever "attack" little one. Yet again I have backed up all my sources and as usual, you have none.

Conspiracy theories because you are the only one pushing them. You can back up all your sources as much as you want but you're the only one who believes them as well as your make-believe friends like 'warriorboy'. It is truly sad that you need to make up friends in order to support your views because you know you're a loser in real life. I don't agree with you because some of what you say is pure nonsense. I don't agree with pure nonsense, deal with it.

You said I am paranoid but yet you come and respond to my post day after day only to get TKO'd every single time. You lost this argument a long time ago. Just leave your whining and crying at home and off this board.

TKO'd? Is that the language you use? You really are a little boy, or have the mentality of one. You are too immature to even be on this site. Stop proving your immaturity, you've done so already.

I've been on this board long before you've come and polluted it. I will not leave at your request, so dream on little boy.

You accuse me of bieng Warrior boy but when I responded I didn't realize that it was his quote you were talking about. I only read what you wrote and I thuoght that was directed to me. I never come on anyones name. I have this name signed in as always. But nice way to accuse me and try and degrade me personally.

That was so funny warriorboy! So now you admit you don't read properly? You seem to think everything I write is directed at you. That's your ego talking again, understand other posters on this site are far more decent and respectable than you. Please start practicing Sri Krishna's teaching if you really care.

I do find it rather comical and quite enjoyable to just simply respond to your non sense only to see you get worked up and whine.

Ha-ha! You find it comical and enjoyable? You do not deserve to be called a Hindu, because if you are familiar with Hindu teachings you will know that the sort of attitude you display is not in line with being a good Hindu. You're a joke to say the least. But I know you will want to reply being a confrontational nut and slave to your damaged ego.

Conspiracy theories because you are the only one pushing them. You can back up all your sources as much as you want but you're the only one who believes them as well as your make-believe friends like 'warriorboy'. It is truly sad that you need to make up friends in order to support your views because you know you're a loser in real life. I don't agree with you because some of what you say is pure nonsense. I don't agree with pure nonsense, deal with it.

TKO'd? Is that the language you use? You really are a little boy, or have the mentality of one. You are too immature to even be on this site. Stop proving your immaturity, you've done so already.

I've been on this board long before you've come and polluted it. I will not leave at your request, so dream on little boy.

That was so funny warriorboy! So now you admit you don't read properly? You seem to think everything I write is directed at you. That's your ego talking again, understand other posters on this site are far more decent and respectable than you. Please start practicing Sri Krishna's teaching if you really care.

Ha-ha! You find it comical and enjoyable? You do not deserve to be called a Hindu, because if you are familiar with Hindu teachings you will know that the sort of attitude you display is not in line with being a good Hindu. You're a joke to say the least. But I know you will want to reply being a confrontational nut and slave to your damaged ego.

Now you want to accuse me of bieng warriorboy to make me look dumb. That's the only way you can attack me because you know you're ignorant about Hinduism. You don't need to be upset that you got proven wrong. Just take it with a smile. Stop bieng so insecure. I hope warriorboy will come back and ramsack you like I did.

I don't need other people to come here and support my views. In fact warriorboy is not the only one that came and backed me up. There are a few others that agreed with me that all of Hinduism is not Vedic so I don't care if you don't agree with me. Like I said, you're just mad because you got knocked out. No one has came to support you.

You might think what I say is non sense but it's ok because you come and respond to all my posts time after time after time. You really do care about what I have to say.

In addition, at least I have something to say. In all of your posts you did nothing but whine like a little girl because you couldn't prove nothing. I hope you're not married. I feel sorry for your wife she has to deal with a little girl and not a man. Hek, you don't even have faith in the historicity of your own religion. Like I said you need to toughen up and be a man.

I don't care about my ego. I think you should worry about yours. You're the one that cries and whines.

Guest guest

Now you want to accuse me of bieng warriorboy to make me look dumb.

I don't need to make you look dumb, you already doing a good job at that! With every post you give, it makes you looks worse than before. There's not much else to say when it comes to you changing names (aka realhindu50-51).

Like I said, you're just mad because you got knocked out. No one has came to support you.

I've been here on this site much longer than you and most of the posters here are mature enough not to jump in and take sides. If they disagree they will put forward their arguments in a sensible manner. Everyone else on this thread I can have a decent discussion with, it's just you who is a problem.

Knocked out? You really are a child! Is that the language you use? Let me remind you this is a message board where we discuss Hinduism in a decent manner. If you disagree with someone, kindly agree to disagree. You seem to have got this confused with a boxing match. I can't take you seriously, since it's clear by your character that you do not practice the Gita and since you use language like knocked out, there's no telling what your mental-age is. That's why you view this as a confrontation, when it's really an open discussion.

You might think what I say is non sense but it's ok because you come and respond to all my posts time after time after time. You really do care about what I have to say.

I do care about people spreading silly conspiracy theories. Hinduism has had enough bashing from westerners, marxists, anti-hindu groups, christians and muslims now we don't need your paranoid immature rantings to damage it's study further.

In addition, at least I have something to say.

Yeah, but nothing of any substance. What's the point? You're incapable of having a proper discussion. You don't want to discuss why YOU think Mohammed was an incarnation of the lord? you do not want to discuss further than according to YOU the Gita was tampered with by brahmins, so therefore what we have today is a tampered version? You are quiet on these things because you know you look stupid. Niranjan asked you (under your guise of realhindu51) where it was that Vivekananda and Aurobindo have said that the Gita is not the same today as it was. You said you will find the source and quote it for him. I'm interested in seeing the source too. We're still waiting?

Hek, you don't even have faith in the historicity of your own religion. Like I said you need to toughen up and be a man.

Like I've said I didn't say I didn't believe in Krishna's historicity, I've said I've come across Hindus who don't. That does not mean it is my opinion. I've said most of them are impersonalists. You still don't seem to get that. I'm happy to be an open-minded person, it doesn't affect my faith.

I don't care about my ego. I think you should worry about yours. You're the one that cries and whines.

That was a funny one! You're the most ego-centric person on this site. You are nothing but your ego. You tell people who disagree with you that they need to do serious research, yet your own research as you have demonstarted seems to be flawed. At the end of the day, you can carry on your ranting and raving until you're on your death-bed, you would not have made any spiritual progress in life as you don't even practice the basics of Sri Krishna's teachings.

I don't need to make you look dumb, you already doing a good job at that! With every post you give, it makes you looks worse than before. There's not much else to say when it comes to you changing names (aka realhindu50-51).

I've been here on this site much longer than you and most of the posters here are mature enough not to jump in and take sides. If they disagree they will put forward their arguments in a sensible manner. Everyone else on this thread I can have a decent discussion with, it's just you who is a problem.

Knocked out? You really are a child! Is that the language you use? Let me remind you this is a message board where we discuss Hinduism in a decent manner. If you disagree with someone, kindly agree to disagree. You seem to have got this confused with a boxing match. I can't take you seriously, since it's clear by your character that you do not practice the Gita and since you use language like knocked out, there's no telling what your mental-age is. That's why you view this as a confrontation, when it's really an open discussion.

I do care about people spreading silly conspiracy theories. Hinduism has had enough bashing from westerners, marxists, anti-hindu groups, christians and muslims now we don't need your paranoid immature rantings to damage it's study further.

Yeah, but nothing of any substance. What's the point? You're incapable of having a proper discussion. You don't want to discuss why YOU think Mohammed was an incarnation of the lord? you do not want to discuss further than according to YOU the Gita was tampered with by brahmins, so therefore what we have today is a tampered version? You are quiet on these things because you know you look stupid. Niranjan asked you (under your guise of realhindu51) where it was that Vivekananda and Aurobindo have said that the Gita is not the same today as it was. You said you will find the source and quote it for him. I'm interested in seeing the source too. We're still waiting?

Like I've said I didn't say I didn't believe in Krishna's historicity, I've said I've come across Hindus who don't. That does not mean it is my opinion. I've said most of them are impersonalists. You still don't seem to get that. I'm happy to be an open-minded person, it doesn't affect my faith.

That was a funny one! You're the most ego-centric person on this site. You are nothing but your ego. You tell people who disagree with you that they need to do serious research, yet your own research as you have demonstarted seems to be flawed. At the end of the day, you can carry on your ranting and raving until you're on your death-bed, you would not have made any spiritual progress in life as you don't even practice the basics of Sri Krishna's teachings.

Well look at here the senstive little kid thinks I am attacking Hinduism.

I am the one that posted a thread about how Hindus need to accept their historicity and have faith and you accuse me of attacking Hinduism. Typical paranoid senstive guy who accuses one of bieng a marxist. Nice try little one. I have yet to see you post anything of importance other then rant at me like a little kid.

Yes you are correct, I did come under realhindu51-52 BEFORE i made an account. I was a guest and I had to make those names to post. If you read my post I TOLD EVERYONE that I had finally made an account. I have been posting as HINDU12 ever since. However, nice try again to attack me.

I think you're too ignorant and you have nothing better to do now. You reply to all my posts and I find it funny how you take each oy my quotes and reply to them seperately. Like I said, you care a LOT about what I have to say.

I don't care how long you have been posting here. You're posts are of little value when you rant and rave all day and whine like a kid. I have respect for many posters here but you get none.

Guest guest

I am the one that posted a thread about how Hindus need to accept their historicity and have faith

I have no argument with that and would agree. But you don't seem to think so. I can only blame your paranoia. Anyone you disagree with you see as your enemy.

I think you're too ignorant and you have nothing better to do now. You reply to all my posts and I find it funny how you take each oy my quotes and reply to them seperately. Like I said, you care a LOT about what I have to say.

I do care when people promote nonsense about Hinduism, which you seem happy in doing. Some of what you say is true, but some is pure paranoid nonsense created by your pathetic grade-D "research".

Why not reply to quotes seperately? It's easy. Just because you are incapable of doing so, since you haven't worked out how. Here's a clue, copy-and-paste.

You're posts are of little value when you rant and rave all day and whine like a kid. I have respect for many posters here but you get none.

Actually if you look at my older posts you will find that I get along with many other posters here and we have proper discussions. But you don't like to see anything that makes you look wrong.

Rant and rave? Funny to see you use words that you yourself put in action. I don't think you have much of a vocabulary for the reason you use my description of you. And if you want to see a ranting and raving kid, go look in the mirror and you'll see one staring right back at you.

I have no argument with that and would agree. But you don't seem to think so. I can only blame your paranoia. Anyone you disagree with you see as your enemy.

I do care when people promote nonsense about Hinduism, which you seem happy in doing. Some of what you say is true, but some is pure paranoid nonsense created by your pathetic grade-D "research".

Why not reply to quotes seperately? It's easy. Just because you are incapable of doing so, since you haven't worked out how. Here's a clue, copy-and-paste.

Actually if you look at my older posts you will find that I get along with many other posters here and we have proper discussions. But you don't like to see anything that makes you look wrong.

Rant and rave? Funny to see you use words that you yourself put in action. I don't think you have much of a vocabulary for the reason you use my description of you. And if you want to see a ranting and raving kid, go look in the mirror and you'll see one staring right back at you.

Grade D research? Wow. That's about the best one i''ve heard from you.

It's about time you get over it Number 2.

Guest guest

Grade D research? Wow. That's about the best one i''ve heard from you.

It's about time you get over it Number 2.

There's nothing to get over. This discussion is not going to get anywhere. At the end of the day, you're still going to have your views and I'm still going to have mine. You're free to pursue your research, but you can't convince everyone.

There's nothing to get over. This discussion is not going to get anywhere. At the end of the day, you're still going to have your views and I'm still going to have mine. You're free to pursue your research, but you can't convince everyone.

I never TRIED to convince anyone. No one can convince anyone of anything. This is a forum and no one is putting a gun to your head. I think maybe out of your own insecurity felt the pressure of me trying to convince you. Either way, we all have our views.

Here are quotes that show the relationship between Hinduism and Sikhism. This establishes the fact that Sikhism is a sect of Hinduism.

Ram katha jug jug atal

Sab koi bhakhat net Suragbas Raghuver kara

Sagri puri samet Jo en Katha sune aur gaave

Dukh pap tah nikat na aave

- Guru Govind Singh

(The story of Ram is immortal and everyone should read it. Ram went to heaven along with the whole city. Whoever listens to or sings His story, will be free of sin and sorrow.)

Kahaiya Hinduan daro na ab tum

Im likho pathon dil sain Guru Nanak ki gadi par

Ab hain Tegh Bahadur Unko jo Muhummadi kar lihoon

To ham hain sab sadar Arya Dharma rakhak pragatiyo hain

- Guru Tegh Bahadur

(Hindus, do not fear, Guru Tegh Bahadur is Guru Nanak's successor. If Muslims bother you, I'll take care of them. For I am the protector of Hinduism.)

Tin te sun Siri Tegh Bahadur

Dharam nibaahan bikhe Bahadur Uttar bhaniyo, dharam hum Hindu

Atipriya ko kin karen nikandu Lok parlok ubhaya sukhani

Aan napahant yahi samani Mat mileen murakh mat loi

Ise tayage pramar soi Hindu dharam rakhe jag mahin

Tumre kare bin se it nahin

- Guru Tegh Bahadur's reply to Aurangzeb's ordering him to embrace Islam.(In response, Shri Tegh Bahadur says, My religion is Hindu and how can I abandon what is so dear to me? This religion helps you in this world and that, and only a fool would abandon it. God himself is the protector of this religion and no one can destroy it.)

Sakal jagat main Khalsa Panth gaje

Jage dharam Hindu sakal bhand bhaje

- Guru Govind Singh

(The Khalsa sect will roar around the world. Hinduism will awaken, its enemies will flee.)

Niranjan ji,

Can you give references for the above quotations you have used.

Manjy thanks

certainely dalits and low castes were oppressed for years by upper castes. if we look at the land holdings in the indian villages most of the land is in the name of upper caste people. low case people are oppressed till date,institutions like ISKCON and his divine grace Prabhupada swami has done a remarkable work to remove this caste system. now whole of the brahmins and upper caste community should feel sorry for what has been done in past , low caste people should be given their dye credit. all the serveys by indian organisations clearly speak that there is still maximum infant mortility, mother mortality and poverty among the SCs and STs. even after 50 years of independence they are still dying of hunger. Swami Vivekananda's mission is not fullfilled, so let us all brahmins and upper caste people pledge to provide them their due share and show the world that we hindus have no differences on caste basis.

certainely dalits and low castes were oppressed for years by upper castes. if we look at the land holdings in the indian villages most of the land is in the name of upper caste people. low case people are oppressed till date,institutions like ISKCON and his divine grace Prabhupada swami has done a remarkable work to remove this caste system. now whole of the brahmins and upper caste community should feel sorry for what has been done in past , low caste people should be given their dye credit. all the serveys by indian organisations clearly speak that there is still maximum infant mortility, mother mortality and poverty among the SCs and STs. even after 50 years of independence they are still dying of hunger. Swami Vivekananda's mission is not fullfilled, so let us all brahmins and upper caste people pledge to provide them their due share and show the world that we hindus have no differences on caste basis.

The problem I have are these crappy Hindu leaders who shove their Brahminic ideology onto every Hindu including minorities. There has not been one good Hindu leader in India. One that has been fair.

Look at Nepal-when it was a Hindu state the disgusting Hindu Kings asked everyone to worship them. They enforced a STRICT caste system where millions suffered under the hands of upper castes.

Not to mention they displaced many many people from owning land and were systematically shoving upper caste land owners to take their place under Hindu regime. Many people lost their homes and lived in poverty. These people became untouchables in Nepal.

Nepal has the worst case of human trafficking, poverty and suffering of human biengs with no equal rights under Hindu law.

This type of stuff gives Hinduism a bad name. What kind of Hindu land is this? People need to wake up. Hinduism is going to see it's downfall sooner or later if we do not wake up and start taking our religion a bit more seriously by living by it.

Lord Krishna says in the Gita that he set up varna based on qualification not birth or color or race. This is done for the purpose to run an effective society where everyone puts in their share in creating a balanced society and devoting themselves to God.

How can this be done? All Hindu kids (boys and girls) are to be raised with equal standing. Schools where they are tought values, scriptures and importance of bieng a good human bieng. They are to be trained in many subjects and sports and more. After they are done schooling they are to take up their respective jobs. They are to devote themselves to their family, God, and their jobs. There should be no restriction of people mingling, dining or sharing and living together as these are not supported by scriptures.

Lord Krishna specifically said all human biengs and all living entities are to be seen with an equal eye. He also said he must do selfless service. So this would make our job to help those who suffer.

This is real Hindu law.

What these Hindus are doing is not Hindu.

Brahmins misused this. They brought in so many inhumane practices and superstiitions. Now they are paying the price for it. Now we all have to suffer because of them.

This is what makes me mad and upset.

Number 2 and Niranjan,

i have realized i was wrong. i was reading too many biased things written by marxists. hinduism is a defined vedic religion since ancient times and always has been, but i do still see them as closely related to buddhism and jainism but these religions are athiest and hinduism is not. sikhism, in my opinion indirectly praises the vedas but i dont think they really acknowledge it.

the bhaktis were all vedic and praised the vedic scriptures but some did question the vedas,probably due to brahmin supremacy during those times.

the vedic scriptures are the greatest scriptures ever written. they speak of one truth.

the bhagavatas and pancharatras may have been non vedic in origin but there is no proof of this and their scriptures are clearly vedic.

Number 2 and Niranjan,

i have realized i was wrong. i was reading too many biased things written by marxists. hinduism is a defined vedic religion since ancient times and always has been, but i do still see them as closely related to buddhism and jainism but these religions are athiest and hinduism is not. sikhism, in my opinion indirectly praises the vedas but i dont think they really acknowledge it.

the bhaktis were all vedic and praised the vedic scriptures but some did question the vedas,probably due to brahmin supremacy during those times.

the vedic scriptures are the greatest scriptures ever written. they speak of one truth.

the bhagavatas and pancharatras may have been non vedic in origin but there is no proof of this and their scriptures are clearly vedic.

The sankhya philosophy of hinduism is atheistic. The charvakas too were atheistic. One can be a hindu and an atheist as well.

The important thing in hinduism is righteousness and character. A righteous atheist , possessing good character will go to heaven, while an unrighteous atheist, possessing a bad character, will go to hell.

The Bible says that when Qain murdered his brother Abel, God put a mark on him so that people seeing Qain could not attack him, then Qain emigrated and traveled eastward from Eden, until he reached the land written in 3 letters "n-u-d".

1) Now, can someone say which was the land of "n-u-d" where Qain settled?

2) What was the mark that Qain got?

3) Can there be any descendant of Abel in the world?

4) Can there be anyone in the world who is NOT Qain's descendant?

5) Qain was envious when his brother Abel got success by means of correct sacrifices. What can someone do when he envies someone else's sacrifices?

Really you're a Brahmin? Wow I feel so sorry for you! I wonder what you were in your past life to take bith as a Brahmin looking at Brahmin history. I wish I can help you. It's ok, many God's and Goddess's came down to fight brahminical ego, if you pray to them it will rid you of Brahmin birth and you will get a better life. Even though the Lord feels sorry for you as well, It's God's promise that you will lose your Brahmin ego and take birth in a better pious life.

Brahmin will better take birth as a dog rather than a pious man. I hate Brahmins from the bottom of my heart

Guesto, of course you are going to stick up for the Brahmin caste, you are a Brahmin. Your caste has caused so much death and destruction that it is not even funny. We all know that Muslims and Christians are bad but guess what kid? Brahmins are in the same boat. No different then violent and opressive Muslims and Christians other then the fact that Brahmins, since they are cowardly by nature opressed people spiritually via a harsh caste system.

How did you come to a conclusion that Muslims and christans are bad, just by looking at the new papers and watching news, Even RSS people burnt lot of muslims and chirstians alive they didnt even spare a priest in the church

for that sake even gandhi was killed by an hindu, indra gandhi was killed by so called shiks, rajiv gandhi was killed by hindus

this is not the question of cast it is the question of what type of human you are.

Brahmin will better take birth as a dog rather than a pious man. I hate Brahmins from the bottom of my heart

HOW DO YOU NOW THAT YOU WERE NOT A BRAHMIN IN YOUR PREVIOUS LIFE? IT SEEMS YOU FORGET YOU WERE A BRAHMIN, AND NOW YOU WERE BORN IN A DIFFERENT CASTE SO YOU CORRECT THE MISTAKES YOU DID AS A BRAHMIN. WHEN YOU WERE A BRAHMIN YOU TAUGHT WRONG THINGS. NOW YOU MUST TEACH THE RIGHT WAY.

YOUR FATE IS TO LEAD A REVOLUTION TO MAKE INDIA A HAPPY COUNTRY WITH A HAPPY POPULATION. BRAHMINS ARE ONLY 3% OF INDIA'S POPULATION; BRUSH THEM ASIDE! YOU LEAD THE 97% RISE IN A REVOLUTION TO MAKE A DIFFERENT INDIA WITH ALL PEOPLE HAPPY IN JUSTICE!

BY THE WAY, NOBODY HAS ANSWERED THESE QUESTIONS:

The Bible says that when Qain murdered his brother Abel, God put a mark on him so that people seeing Qain could not attack him, then Qain emigrated and traveled eastward from Eden, until he reached the land written in 3 letters "n-u-d".

1) Now, can someone say which was the land of "n-u-d" where Qain settled?

2) What was the mark that Qain got for his safety?

3) Can there be any descendant of Abel in the world?

4) Can there be anyone in the world who is NOT Qain's descendant?

5) Qain was envious when his brother Abel got success by means of correct sacrifices. What can someone do when he envies someone else's sacrifices?

jains are not at all hindus.. nor hindus are jains.. both the rligions are age old religions.. so old that its difficult to say that both the religions are one and the same..

jains dont accept the vedas as their holy granthas, so tehy are not vedic.. jains belive in JINA.. and the followers of JINA is called as jain..

jain is a religion propogated by jain tirthankara..

how can one religion be a subsect of other religion...?

there are evidences of the jain idols found in the ruins and excavations of HADDAPPA and MOHANDE JADO..

jianism existed well before the times of mahaveer swami.. mahaveer swami ie the 24th tirthankara .. he is not the founder of jains..

the first jain tirthankara is the AADINATH or RISHABHNATHA....

even if hindus consider aadinath as one of the avtaras of vishnu.. jains consider AADINATH as the independent soul.. not the avtara of any deity or god..

the concept of world is totally different in both the religions..

hindus consider that brahma vishnu and mahesh are the ones, who look after this world..

it is the belief of the hindus that the world is controlled by these deities..

where as jains consider that there is no god to control the world..

every thing in this world has its own laws, similarly the world has its own laws of existance...

no one is the creator and the destroyer of this world..

this is the firm belief of jains...

there are separate holy books for jains as there are pooranas for hindus..

the holy books of jains are called as the AAGAMS..

the literature in the AAGAM is said to be the tirthankara waani.. the teachings of tirthankaras..

in jain tradition,,, the complete VEETARAG state of an individual is worshipped..

this state is not worshipped in vedic tradition.

the acharyas and the dharmagurus vary in both the religions a lot...

we find a lot of difference of practices in the hindu dharmaguru and the jain dharmaguru...

even it has been declared by the supreme court that jains are not hindus..

even so much so that a non jain is not at all supposed to visit the jain temple... as a jain temple is a place of worship for the jains and not the non jains...

there are lot more things that are even common in both the religions,, but i want to point out that jains are not at all hindus , and hindus are not jains..

I do believe that Sikhs, Jains, and Buddhists can be Hindus, but not that they have to be. Hinduism is the creator which sprouted all of these other religions, but a Buddhist may not want to be a Hindu, or a Jain may disagree with some of Hinduism's teaching, as well as a Sikh may say the same.

But I personally do see myself as more than one religion. I am a Hindu (firstly) and Sikh as well. I wear the Sikh kara and don't cut the hair on my head.

jains are not at all hindus.. nor hindus are jains.. both the rligions are age old religions.. so old that its difficult to say that both the religions are one and the same..

jains dont accept the vedas as their holy granthas, so tehy are not vedic.. jains belive in JINA.. and the followers of JINA is called as jain..

jain is a religion propogated by jain tirthankara..

how can one religion be a subsect of other religion...?

there are evidences of the jain idols found in the ruins and excavations of HADDAPPA and MOHANDE JADO..

jianism existed well before the times of mahaveer swami.. mahaveer swami ie the 24th tirthankara .. he is not the founder of jains..

the first jain tirthankara is the AADINATH or RISHABHNATHA....

even if hindus consider aadinath as one of the avtaras of vishnu.. jains consider AADINATH as the independent soul.. not the avtara of any deity or god..

the concept of world is totally different in both the religions..

hindus consider that brahma vishnu and mahesh are the ones, who look after this world..

it is the belief of the hindus that the world is controlled by these deities..

where as jains consider that there is no god to control the world..

every thing in this world has its own laws, similarly the world has its own laws of existance...

no one is the creator and the destroyer of this world..

this is the firm belief of jains...

there are separate holy books for jains as there are pooranas for hindus..

the holy books of jains are called as the AAGAMS..

the literature in the AAGAM is said to be the tirthankara waani.. the teachings of tirthankaras..

in jain tradition,,, the complete VEETARAG state of an individual is worshipped..

this state is not worshipped in vedic tradition.

the acharyas and the dharmagurus vary in both the religions a lot...

we find a lot of difference of practices in the hindu dharmaguru and the jain dharmaguru...

even it has been declared by the supreme court that jains are not hindus..

even so much so that a non jain is not at all supposed to visit the jain temple... as a jain temple is a place of worship for the jains and not the non jains...

there are lot more things that are even common in both the religions,, but i want to point out that jains are not at all hindus , and hindus are not jains..

Jainism is indeed a sect of HInduism, and we consider the Jains as Hindus as well.

I have interacted with a lot of Jains and they have stated themselves to be Hindus.

i had a Jain room partner, and I found the pictures of Hanuman and Vishnu and Hindu gods whom he used to worship along with Mahavira.

Jain concepts like soul, rebirth, karma, nibbana or moksha are in Hinduism as well and to ignore all this is real stupidity.

Mahavira himself was a Hindu prince.

I had a Jain female colleague of mine, who stated that she wore the tilak during rakshabandhan in her family.

Rakshabandhan is a hindu custom, in case u don't know.

Jain names are also Hindu . There is really not much difference at all between the 5 million Jains and the more than 1 billion Hindus.