IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Supersoul Super-thread, All things Supersoul

Rate this topic

Anyway please get off this thread if you have no glorification of Supersoul to offer.

Yes Prabhus today is Super Soul Sunday. Instead of watching the Super Bowl (American Maya) we can glorify the Supersoul on this Super Soul Sunday.

Jaya Super Soul!!!!

I lied, time for the game! I know... I'm a worm in the stool.

Guest guest

there's the warm sloppy stuff, and the dried out stuff thats been aired out.

Super bowl is dry stuff. if you were watchin the world cup, Id say yer really smellin things up.

my only problem is that there can only be one loser, but im not one to talk, I gotta wait next year for the seahawks take it all.

Just remember that each and every person you see on the tube has a bonafide spiritual master, Sri Chaita Guru. But the steroids keep them from vision and hearing. Maybe later, when they have lost enough, No one surrenders when they think they have a chance to be number one.

Haribowl, mahaksadasa

Yes Prabhus today is Super Soul Sunday. Instead of watching the Super Bowl (American Maya) we can glorify the Supersoul on this Super Soul Sunday.

Jaya Super Soul!!!!

I lied, time for the game! I know... I'm a worm in the stool.

You worm. But this worm is happy to share the sewer with you. I am only posting now because it is half time. Not that I care but... Go Bears! The hype is too much. Prince prancing on the screen was not enough. I haven't been able to get excited about pro football since the demise of the 49ers in the 90's. Yet I am still trying to get some sugar from this chewed up piece of cane.

Supersoul is also watching the game but He maintains the Uninterested Observer position, the ultimate anti-fan.

2nd half kick off. See ya.

PMAMHO AGTSP Well now the game is over and I realize that I was just chewing the chewed. Actually I only watched the game for preaching purposes. In fact I'm doing a study of the NFL to see how an efficient organization operates. Soon I will be making my report to the GBC. I think it will be good for the GBC to learn how to sack the oppostion. Jaya:crazy:

It's how ya lose the game that counts! And of course win the Lord in your heart. But can you win the Lord in all the other hearts, now that is the question if He's the same Lord?.

That is agood question. Surely He is the same Lord in all despite what others may think, realize or even deny. The same Lord must exist even within the heart of the most harden atheist. Even the microbe is seen as a temple of the Lord at this level.

I feel that what blocks us from realizing Him in others is the desire to exploit. For instance when I see a beautiful female form the last thing I am willing to see is the Supreme Lord in her heart. In fact my vision does not even go past ther breast to reach the heart. Seeing Supersoul would just spoil the illusion I am so attached to. Willfull self delusion.

Mind sets of exploitation, envy and hatred are sure blocks on the path to God realization.

We were talk'in about Super Soul XXVII. Of course there are unlimited Super Souls. No expansion has ever made it to the Super Soul in it's first year. Although two expansions were just one step away in their second year back in the '90s.:crazy:

Cmon back folks, there has been no deterioration of this thread. The Super Bowl comments may be a bit on the maya side, but they also show that reaL PEOPLE are here. If we never show our humanity, we are lost. There is nothing more useless than discussions with those who have no humor, no grasp on the world around them, etc.

Id like to tell a story to show how Srila Prabhupada has personality and is never dry, never without humor. Some devotees who left the movement went to Mayapur to be with Him at His request. During their meetings important issues were discussed, a very trying time. These devotees presented Srila Prabhupada with a gift, some Beachcomber Bills sandals that surfers wear.

Later, when these devotees were strolling the perimeter of Mayapura Dhama, Srila Prabhupada was discussing how devotees should aLWAYS be barefoot in such circumambulation. Then he noticed that his disciples had many blisters on their feet and were wearing surfer sandals. He kindly smiled at them, reminding them that their prime duty was to follow their Spiritual master. He then slightly lifted his dhoti, revealing that he was also wearing the beaqchcomber bills they had given him.

I tell this story to show that while we may digress now and then, such as the above posts, this does not affect the heart at all of where devotees who punch up this number are. All things supersoul. The superbowl stuff was break-time, human discussion.

And, like I noted, at least it didnt deteriorate into world cup or other such nonsense:).

Football is not maya. Probably most NFL persons are sleeping on her lap, but the game is neutral. I know, I played football with some very advanced devotees. I mean, they cheat like hell. How does a simple brahmacari engage in a vicious hit in the secondary of the sanyassi who just caught a pass and is heading to a 6 pointer? How can I sack my teacher who is the quarterback, a dearmost friend of Srila Prabhupada? Them cheatin bast....!

The kirtana that followed cannot be adequately described.

Who are we speaking with all the time, even though we are in isolation? Who says we do not have a bonafide living spiritual master? Who says we have no right to spread the Glories of our dearmost friend who never leaves us, who cares about us much more than we can even conceive of in reciprocation?

All glories to the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu, deliverer of allah us jagais and madais.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS No more deviation until the world series. NBA and NHL free zone.

Canadians can engage in a little NHL, but they must be bonafide canadians, like gHari or BDM. Sorry for my obvious fascist behavior in neglecting youse guys. Sorry, euros, no world cup, start your own thread.

mahak:)

Nice post mahak. When we come Down to Earth from all our lofty talk (and often lofty thoughts about ourselves..ahem) and back to where we are all presently liivng

and acknowledge that we have much more in common with the "common folks" around us then we like to admit sometimes, it becomes so much easier to see that Our Lord is the Lord of everyone without exception.

Just as rain falls on the ocean as well as dry land so does our Lord inhabit and love the sinner as well as the saint.

Perceiving the Lord in all means seeing past all the outer coverings of the soul and recognizing the true equality of all beings both in their happiness and distress.

By recognizing the true equality of all beings we clear our minds of prejudices and all manner of false conceptions about the nature of the self and are more prepared for the revelation of the Superself which follows as the next progressive step in God realization.

All glories to the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu, deliverer of allah us jagais and madais.

I still wondering if this is some kind of Freudian Slip: "the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu, deliverer of allah". ... "deliverer of allah"? Isn't Allah capitalized? Sounds kind of Islamic to me. Oh and Admin. 5, leave this one on, please... pretty please:)

Guest guest

Just anotrher chance to say the name of God, Allah meaning all compasionate.

Reminds me of the jibe I used to play on my brothers from the south. You know how to tell a texan from a Georgian?

Texans say "yall", georgians say "allah yall".

Haribol, ys, mahak

SB 2.2.8: Others conceive of the Personality of Godhead residing within the body in the region of the heart and measuring only eight inches, with four hands carrying a lotus, a wheel of a chariot, a conchshell and a club respectively.

SB 2.2.9: His mouth expresses His happiness. His eyes spread like the petals of a lotus, and His garments, yellowish like the saffron of a kadamba flower, are bedecked with valuable jewels. His ornaments are all made of gold, set with jewels, and He wears a glowing head dress and earrings.

SB 2.2.10: His lotus feet are placed over the whorls of the lotuslike hearts of great mystics. On His chest is the Kaustubha jewel, engraved with a beautiful calf, and there are other jewels on His shoulders. His complete torso is garlanded with fresh flowers.

SB 2.2.11: He is well decorated with an ornamental wreath about His waist and rings studded with valuable jewels on His fingers. His leglets, His bangles, His oiled hair, curling with a bluish tint, and His beautiful smiling face are all very pleasing.

SB 2.2.12: The Lord's magnanimous pastimes and the glowing glancing of His smiling face are all indications of His extensive benedictions. One must therefore concentrate on this transcendental form of the Lord, as long as the mind can be fixed on Him by meditation.

SB 2.2.13: The process of meditation should begin from the lotus feet of the Lord and progress to His smiling face. The meditation should be concentrated upon the lotus feet, then the calves, then the thighs, and in this way higher and higher. The more the mind becomes fixed upon the different parts of the limbs, one after another, the more the intelligence becomes purified.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Srimad Bhagavatam 8.3.10

Gajendra prayed:

TRANSLATION

I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the self-effulgent Supersoul, who is the witness in everyone's heart, who enlightens the individual soul and who cannot be reached by exercises of the mind, words or consciousness.

PURPORT

The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, cannot be understood by the individual soul through mental, physical or intellectual exercises. It is by the grace of the Supreme Personality of Godhead that the individual soul is enlightened. Therefore, the Lord is described here as atma-pradipa. The Lord is like the sun, which illuminates everything and cannot be illuminated by anyone. Therefore, if one is serious about understanding the Supreme, one must receive enlightenment from Him, as instructed in Bhagavad-gita. One cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead by one's mental, physical or intellectual power.

Buddhi-Yogam, the Medium of Supersoul <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Mercy train: Paramatma --> atma --> intelligence --> mind --> senses

From The Teachings of Lord Kapila, the Son of Devahuti:

We should try to avoid the ten offenses in chanting the holy name, but anyone who chants Hare KRSNa sincerely is purified. Ceto-darpaNa-mArjanaM bhava-mahA-dAvAgni-nirvApaNam [Cc. Antya 20.12] (SikSASTaka 1). This is the easiest process by which the mirror of the mind can be cleansed. If KRSNa sees that someone is sincerely chanting Hare KRSNa, He will help. He is within everyone, and He can understand whether one is sincere or not.
KRSNa helps a sincere devotee internally and externally. Internally He helps as paramAtmA by giving intelligence from within. DadAmi buddhi-yogaM tam
. Externally He helps as His representative, the spiritual master. Therefore Caitanya MahAprabhu says: guru-kRSNa-prasAde pAya bhakti-latA-bIja. "By the grace of KRSNa, one gets a bona fide guru, and by the grace of the guru, one gets KRSNa." (Cc. Madhya 19.151) Thus the zAstras have given us a very easy way to appreciate our transcendental life. That is the KRSNa consciousness movement.

1972 lecture portion:

By your endeavor you cannot see the sun at night. But when the sun rises in the morning, you can see. That is the process. Similarly, you cannot understand God by your mental speculation. You have to submit yourself. As KRSNa says, that sarva-dharmAn parityajya mAm ekaM zaraNaM vraja [bg. 18.66]. Then He will reveal Himself, sevonmukhe hi jihvAdau svayam eva sphuraty adaH. He'll reveal yourself. He is within yourself. IzvaraH sarva-bhUtAnAM hRd-deze 'rjuna tiSThati [bg. 18.61].
Izvara, the Supreme Lord, is situated as ParamAtmA in everyone's heart. But if you become submissive, teSAM satata-yuktAnAM bhajatAM prIti-pUrvakam [bg. 10.10]. Those who are cent percent engaged in the loving service of the Lord, buddhi-yogaM dadAmi tam, He speaks from within. Then you can understand. He comes out, He exhibits Himself, manifests Himself the spiritual master, as spiritual master. KRSNa is trying to help you from within, from without
. EvaM paramparA prAptam [bg. 4.2]. You take advantage of it. From within, He, as ParamAtmA, caitya-guru, He'll help you. buddhi-yogaM dadAmi tam. And from without, as spiritual master, He'll give you instructions from the zAstra, from the Bhagavad-gItA. The Bhagavad-gItA is spoken by KRSNa, and the KRSNa's representative, KRSNa's manifestation, the spiritual master, will rightly inform you. That is the position.

When the intelligence is controlled by Krsna (Paramatma's blessing of buddhi-yogam) just like the Gita cover, it's all good, as explained in CC Madhya 11.37:

<center>
rAya kahe, caraNa----ratha, hRdaya----sArathi

yAhAG laJA yAya, tAhAG yAya jIva-rathI

</center>

rAya kahe--RAmAnanda RAya replied; caraNa--the legs; ratha--chariot; hRdaya--the heart; sArathi--chariot driver; yAhAG--wherever; laJA--taking; yAya--goes; tAhAG--there; yAya--goes; jIva-rathI--the living entity on the chariot.

RAmAnanda RAya said, "The legs are like the chariot, and the heart is like the charioteer. Wherever the heart takes the living entity, the living entity is obliged to go."

PURPORT

In the Bhagavad-gItA (18.61) Lord KRSNa explains:

<center>

IzvaraH sarva-bhUtAnAM hRd-deze 'rjuna tiSThati

bhrAmayan sarva-bhUtAni yantrArUDhAni mAyayA

</center>

"The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on a machine made of material energy."

Thus the living entity wanders within this universe riding upon a chariot (the body) bestowed by material nature. A similar explanation is given in the KaTha UpaniSad (1.3.3–4):

<center>

AtmAnaM rathinaM viddhi zarIraM ratham eva tu

buddhiM tu sArathiM viddhi manaH pragraham eva ca

indriyANi hayAn Ahur viSayAMs teSu gocarAn

Atmendriya-mano-yuktaM bhoktety Ahur manISiNaH

</center>

Here it is said that the living entity is the passenger riding in the chariot of the body, which is offered by material nature. The intelligence is the charioteer, the mind constitutes the reins controlling the horses, and the senses are the horses. Thus the living entity is the false enjoyer of the material world.

One who is advanced in KRSNa consciousness can control the mind and intelligence and in this way rein in the horses, the senses, even though they are very powerful. One who can control the senses by his mind and intelligence can very easily approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead, or ViSNu, who is the ultimate goal of life. Tad viSNoH paramaM padaM sadA pazyanti sUrayaH. Those who are actually advanced approach Lord ViSNu, their ultimate goal. Such people are never captivated by Lord ViSNu's external energy, the material world.

From a 1944 Back to Godhead Magazine:

A well settled devotee of Godhead cannot continue to be a vicious man because his cent percent engagement in the service of the Lord will make him automatically a saintly person by the Grace of the Supreme. The Supreme Lord, who is living with every individual living being—will act as his Chailha Guru or the Spiritual Master from within and give him (the devotee) direction so that he may go Back to Godhead. There are thousands and thousands of instructive stories of the nature in the Ramayana, Mahabharata and Puranas which are all supplementary to the Vedas. To be cent percent engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord is the real process of sense-control. Vices are seated on the senses. The different senses of a man are different strategic positions of the enemy Vice which takes us to the miseries of life. The Karmis or the fruitive workers who have been described as the Mudhas or the foolish ignorant, is cent percent engaged in the matter of sense-gratification. Because the citadel of Vices, with its soldiers of the name desire, anger and avarice, is the sense-gratification means to follow the dictation of Mr. Vice. The Jnanis or the mental speculative philosophers are thousand times better than the Karmis because they can understand the real position of sense gratification and try to employ senses in a subtle form restraining the gross activities of the senses. By this action of Mr. Vice becomes surrounded and he is stopped for the time being. The Yogins want to control the senses or make direct attack on Mr. Vice and therefore the Yogins are thousand times better than the Jnanis; the Muktas or the liberated souls are still thousand times better than the Jnanis and Yogins for the Muktas are completely free from the attack of Mr. Vice. And above the Muktas are situated pure Bhaktas who not only drive away Mr. Vice from the citadels of senses but also engage the seat for occupation of the Supreme Lord. The king of the senses is the master Mind.
Senses are like the horses while the mind is the coachman who directs the senses. The Bhaktas therefore first of all depose Mr. Vice the Coachman from the seat of Mind and place the lotus feet of Shri Krishna on that coach. When Shri Krishna becomes the coachman of the chariot of Arjuna, there is no more fear of the attack of Mr. Vice called by the name Dhuryodhana. The Bhagwat Geeta is therefore concluded like this—[bg. 18.78]

And the altar is within us...within everyone and everything else that be.

We will see Him present there in the form that corresponds to our level of realization and rasa. The essential thing is to first become aware of His eternal presence as the souls eternal companion and to allow ourselves to become entranced by His beauty.

Lord Kapila taught:

SB 3.28.13: The Supreme Personality of Godhead has a cheerful, lotuslike countenance with ruddy eyes like the interior of a lotus and a swarthy body like the petals of a blue lotus. He bears a conch, discus and mace in three of His hands.

SB 3.28.14: His loins are covered by a shining cloth, yellowish like the filaments of a lotus. On His breast He bears the mark of Srivatsa, a curl of white hair. The brilliant Kaustubha gem is suspended from His neck.

SB 3.28.15: He also wears around His neck a garland of attractive sylvan flowers, and a swarm of bees, intoxicated by its delicious fragrance, hums about the garland. He is further superbly adorned with a pearl necklace, a crown and pairs of armlets, bracelets and anklets.

SB 3.28.16: His loins and hips encircled by a girdle, He stands on the lotus of His devotee's heart. He is most charming to look at, and His serene aspect gladdens the eyes and souls of the devotees who behold Him.

SB 3.28.17: The Lord is eternally very beautiful, and He is worshipable by all the inhabitants of every planet. He is ever youthful and always eager to bestow His blessing upon His devotees.

SB 3.28.18: The glory of the Lord is always worth singing, for His glories enhance the glories of His devotees. One should therefore meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead and upon His devotees. One should meditate on the eternal form of the Lord until the mind becomes fixed.

SB 3.28.19: Thus always merged in devotional service, the yogi visualizes the Lord standing, moving, lying down or sitting within him, for the pastimes of the Supreme Lord are always beautiful and attractive.

TRANSLATION SB 6.4.24

As the sense objects [form, taste, touch, smell and sound] cannot understand how the senses perceive them, so the conditioned soul, although residing in his body along with the Supersoul, cannot understand how the supreme spiritual person, the master of the material creation, directs his senses. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto that Supreme Person, who is the supreme controller.

PURPORT

The individual soul and the Supreme Soul live together within the body. This is confirmed in the Upanishads by the analogy that two friendly birds live in one tree -- one bird eating the fruit of the tree and the other simply witnessing and directing. Although the individual living being, who is compared to the bird that is eating, is sitting with his friend the Supreme Soul, the individual living being cannot see Him. Actually the Supersoul is directing the workings of his senses in the enjoyment of sense objects, but as these sense objects cannot see the senses, the conditioned soul cannot see the directing soul. The conditioned soul has desires, and the Supreme Soul fulfills them, but the conditioned soul is unable to see the Supreme Soul. Thus Prajapati Daksha offers his obeisances to the Supreme Soul, the Supersoul, even though unable to see Him. Another example given is that although ordinary citizens work under the direction of the government, they cannot understand how they are being governed or what the government is. In this regard, Madhvacarya quotes the following verse from the SkandaPurana:

yatha rajnah priyatvam tu

bhritya vedena catmanah

tatha jivo na yat-sakhyam

vetti tasmai namo 'stu te

"As the various servants in the different departments of big establishments cannot see the supreme managing director under whom they are working, the conditioned souls cannot see the supreme friend sitting within their bodies. Let us therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto the Supreme, who is invisible to our material eyes."

Haribol, readers and writers. The following article written a few years ago deals with the gflories of Supersoul, so I thought Id post here for the consideration of the residents of the super-topic. Sorry if its too long. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

<center>A TRINITY PERSPECTIVE by mahaksadasa

</center> Haribol, all glories to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga!

Often the Christian World uses the concept of "Trinity" to describe their accepted faith. However, when this is put to submissive inquiry, such theology is simply described as a mystery. Though the three aspects of the Absolute Truth are valid, attempts to merge these ideas into One Supreme Being pose a dilemna.

In the Vaisnava School, the word "trinity" can be used to explain the process of verification of Absolute Truth which has elaborate explanation, that is Guru-Sadhu-Shastra.

Guru is none other than God the Father, the worshippable Lord in the Heart, referred to by the jnanis as Paramatma, yet further understood by the Vaisnava as Sri Sesa Balarama, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Who, when sincerely and submissively approached by the means He creates, Guru Tattwa, one can be led to swarupa siddhi, the true constitutional, eternal position of the self. The process of Guru- Tattwa is that this Lord in the Heart, also called Chaitaguru, arranges for a sincere person to approach His representative, one entirely in unison with His Divine Will empowered by the loving exchange between the Two. Though also called Guru, such a person always appears as servant and is always cognizant of such service. Such service rendered to Lord Nityananda is so pleasing to Him that He is pleased to act through such that the person actually attains a certain divinity. This invested divinity is never misused or misadvertized, rather it is humbly exhibited in such a way as to attract others to the process shown by the servant of the Lord. This unified acting by the Lord and His representative, Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga, is called Bhakti Yoga.

An empowered representative is divine by delegated authority invested by the Supreme Lord. Such a person is called "Sadhu". He is also recognized by the terms "Son of God" or "Gurudeva". Often, teachings of Lord Jesus Christ are used to convey deeper meanings toward helping establish (rekindle) relationship between the self and the Supreme Being. Purists may object, but the author questions the purity of such decisions. Lord Jesus Christ is universally recognized as Sadhu, so all His teachings are pertinant to discussion of the Vaisnava criteria of guru-sadhu-shastra.

Some may imagine that the sadhu is the lawgiver for humanity, but this is never the case. Lord Jesus Christ rejects this idea, warning, "Do not lay down rules other than I have appointed for you, for if you make law as the lawgivers, you will become restrained by it." Some say "blasphemy", but it is a fact that the sadhu exhibits Love of the Supreme Person to attract the sleeping souls, and such attraction minimizes the negative attributes. Sinful activity naturally gives way to proper behavior by the grace of Sadhu, and the regulative principles simply become the classic "always remember the Lord and Never forget Him". Srila Rupa Goswami confirms that these two things are the all-in-all purpose of the strictures of sadhana bhakti. The above quotation from the Gospel of Mary of Magdalia (Nag Hamadi Library) rather confirms that the Sadhu is pleased that His message is presented in full, without overstepping His glory.

Some may spend lifetimes comparing the sadhus, some even think that the material change called death somehow detracts from His message, thus concoct the need to take away His example of servitude and install Him as the One Who has empowered Him. Such ideas are quite independant from the teachings of Sadhu and only serve as a means to lose all attraction to He Who sent Him. If one tells a son that his father's will is not considered, how can the son accept the proposal? The Sadhu exhibits Loving Service by his free will, any desire to replace the master is absent from such a purified person.

Shastra is none other than the teachings of the Father through the Son, the Holy Spirit distributed freely to those who have ears to hear. Shastra is the written Word as well as that which is aurally received. Written Word is an additional blessing to the sleepers of the last 5000 years. Prior to this time, all shastra was sung by the Sadhu and understood by those with ears to hear. But, by His Causeless Mercy, Sri Govinda comissions some of His Empowered Representatives to compose literature to help the human beings rekindle their forgotton relationship with the Supreme Lord.

How does one decide which literature is a product of authorized Empowerment?

This is a proper question, and is easily answered by one dovetailing his will, imbued with service attitude, to the Will of the Supreme Person. In Srimad Bhagawatam, the answer is available to all:

<center>"That literature which is full of descriptions of the transcendental glories, names, forms, pastimes, associates, etc. of the unlimited Supreme Lord is a different creation (Than the regulative Veda), full of transcendental words directed toward bringing a revolution in the impious lives of the world's misdirected civilization. Such transcendental literatures, even though imperfectly composed, are heard, sung and accepted by purified souls who are thoroughly honest." (SB 1:5:11)

</center> The author of the Vedas, Srila Vyasadeva, is faced with this very question. He created shastra, yet without the sanction of Guru and Gauranga, it was incomplete. Sri Gurudeva, Narada Muni, exhibits His relationship with the Supreme Lord to Vyasadeva, and the result is the total commentary of the Veda in accordance with the definition cited above. The Goswamis of Vrndavana and their loving servants continue to compose such perfect shastra.

Many who claim to be of the Christian faith will automatically reject any answer to their theological mystery, but Lord Jesus Christ teaches only to those with ears to hear. The Vaisnava Sadhu humbly canvasses for the One Who has sent Him, He does not hide the Lord in the Heart from the assembly (Ps 40). Some may reject Paramatma thinking they are beyond His effect, that this is a lower truth. They, too, face the lonliness of forgetfulness. Paramatma, Lord Nityananda, Sri Chaitagurudeva, is the only One Who has full memory, and rememberance of swarupa siddhi comes from Him only. The trinity of guru-sadhu-shastra is the Supreme Absolute Truth, in combination, these three aspects form an exhibition of the actual personal relationship between the self and the Supreme Lord.

Hare Krsna, All glories to the assembled devotees, ys, mahaksadasa

Many who claim to be of the Christian faith will automatically reject any answer to their theological mystery, but Lord Jesus Christ teaches only to those with ears to hear. The Vaisnava Sadhu humbly canvasses for the One Who has sent Him, He does not hide the Lord in the Heart from the assembly (Ps 40). Some may reject Paramatma thinking they are beyond His effect, that this is a lower truth. They, too, face the lonliness of forgetfulness. Paramatma, Lord Nityananda, Sri Chaitagurudeva, is the only One Who has full memory, and rememberance of swarupa siddhi comes from Him only. The trinity of guru-sadhu-shastra is the Supreme Absolute Truth, in combination, these three aspects form an exhibition of the actual personal relationship between the self and the Supreme Lord.

Hare Krsna, All glories to the assembled devotees, ys, mahaksadasa

Mahak maharaja. PAMHO! Hare Krsna! Your realizations are beatiful as always. Kindly forgive my intrusion.

First of all, I accept your presentation and I think your explanation is in fact in line with traditional Christian teaching.

I wish to clarify some points though as I think you will find them interesting and perhaps even enlivening.

The scriptures of the Vaisnavas carries with it, a fantastic flavor found in no other spiritual writing. All who read with a sincere heart bow down and acknowledge, the spiritual potency of SB, BG, and so on. So any sincere soul approaching, from whatever personal chemistry and background, the Lord will shower graces by reading these scriptures. In this literature, there are detailed scientific explanations of the wonders of God's mystery.

Christian texts don't have quite the same flavor in their explanations about the mysteries of God. However there exists some very profound "scientific' depth in the apostolic sampradaya!

There is also a very fine point about Christian realization, or more specifically the realization of those in apostolic succession (the catholic communion and the orthodox churches) that needs clarification.

To fully understand and appreciate GSS realization in the christian line, we must examine the history and use of the word sacrament.

The Latin word Sacrament is the Greek word Mysterium!

Holy Mystery -- mysterium (greek)

transliteration mustêrion

Latinized Mysterium

Romans invented the y to transliterate Upsilon and use um Latin ending

Anglicized Mystery

Latin translation of the word "Mysterium" Sacramentum

Latin Rite Anglicization of the word "Sacramentum" Sacrament

In the eastern rite and orthodox churches the word sacrament is not in use as much as Divine Mystery, Sacred Mystery.

Sacred Mystery does not mean "uknown" or unexplainable within the apostolic communion of christians, rather it is a word to describe the "transcendental effect" of human experience of God. Divine Mystery means the "supernatural phenomena" that is experienced in by the faithful in when in contacting the sacraments/sacramentals.

"1667 "Holy Mother Church has, moreover, instituted sacramentals. These are sacred signs which bear a resemblance to the sacraments. They signify effects, particularly of a spiritual nature, which are obtained through the intercession of the Church. By them men are disposed to receive the chief effect of the sacraments, and various occasions in life are rendered holy."[171]"

1670 Sacramentals do not confer the grace of the Holy Spirit in the way that the sacraments do, but by the Church's prayer, they prepare us to receive grace and dispose us to cooperate with it. "For well-disposed members of the faithful, the liturgy of the sacraments and sacramentals sanctifies almost every event of their lives with the divine grace which flows from the Paschal mystery of the Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Christ. From this source all sacraments and sacramentals draw their power. There is scarcely any proper use of material things which cannot be thus directed toward the sanctification of men and the praise of God."[174]

1674 Besides sacramental liturgy and sacramentals, catechesis must take into account the forms of piety and popular devotions among the faithful. The religious sense of the Christian people has always found expression in various forms of piety surrounding the Church's sacramental life, such as the veneration of relics, visits to sanctuaries, pilgrimages, processions, the stations of the cross, religious dances, the rosary, medals,[178] etc.

1675 These expressions of piety extend the liturgical life of the Church, but do not replace it. They "should be so drawn up that they harmonize with the liturgical seasons, accord with the sacred liturgy, are in some way derived from it and lead the people to it, since in fact the liturgy by its very nature is far superior to any of them."[179]

1676 Pastoral discernment is needed to sustain and support popular piety and, if necessary, to purify and correct the religious sense which underlies these devotions so that the faithful may advance in knowledge of the mystery of Christ.[180]

So the sacrament/al and the devotees realizations of God goes together. That relationship between God, the dispensation of His Grace, and the devotee and devotional paraphenalia, is a Sacred Mystery (sacrament).

On a personal note, my experiences while chanting maha mantra were clearly understood by me to be sacrament. In some cases realizations/experiences coming through the Vaisnava sampradaya and in others coming through one of the catholic branches, or perhaps both at the same time.

To your point, the Vaisnava explanations add great insight and clarity to what exactly Jesus sampradaya is teaching. However, I am both amazed but also not amazed that, as I interpret, there is no conflict.

It would be interesting to hear your perspective on the bold text highlights above. If I am not mistaken, the church teaching is saying that the effect (the transmission of spiritual grace to devotee) via devotional paraphenalia (e.g. japa bead, incense, incense, devotions, bhajans, etc.) are transmitted from God to devotees through the unbroken parampara and the merits/sacrifices of its saddhus. This seems to be a very GSS centric thought.

Guest guest

I accept all you provide. My qualms are for those who are born again, yet have no desire to mature. By using the word "Mystery" in a less than respectful way is my fault, and my mistake, for the following reason.

Lord Sankarsana, the resting place for Lord Visnu, also known as SesaBalarama, none other than Supersoul himself, has unlimited hoods, and each voice is eternally listing all the attributes of Lord Krsna. Such a divine project indicates that certainly Krsna is a mystery, seeing that Lord Balarama will never be finished listing the unlimited Glories of Lord Krsna.

You have given us a new understanding, which allows us to glorify Lord Sesa Balarama even more on his thread, because he REVEALS all mysteries to those who want to be fulfilled.

Thanx for your contributions, prabhu, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

I accept all you provide. My qualms are for those who are born again, yet have no desire to mature. By using the word "Mystery" in a less than respectful way is my fault, and my mistake, for the following reason.

Lord Sankarsana, the resting place for Lord Visnu, also known as SesaBalarama, none other than Supersoul himself, has unlimited hoods, and each voice is eternally listing all the attributes of Lord Krsna. Such a divine project indicates that certainly Krsna is a mystery, seeing that Lord Balarama will never be finished listing the unlimited Glories of Lord Krsna.

You have given us a new understanding, which allows us to glorify Lord Sesa Balarama even more on his thread, because he REVEALS all mysteries to those who want to be fulfilled.

Thanx for your contributions, prabhu, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Mahaksadas prabhu, I am just neophyte but I am trying to come and sit at your feet in an authentic way. That is .. I just want to learn and hear everything about Him.

By your presentations and your realizations, I am feeling so so enlivened. Please accept and remember, I am never desirous of presenting from a sectarian perspective .. but rather as one brother living in one cave and finding his brother living in another. In that sense, I am trying to be a naked saddhu. We want the 'naked Truth' but we must be willing to strip naked. "Give up all varieties of religion .." This means we give up the external. Therefore, within the social fabric we can still go to temple, or church, whatever, but upon entering those places we enter into the internal.

So I am sharing my understanding of the saddhus in Jesus' line with I hope a proper and humble spirit, and always always with all respects to the learned.

SesaBalarama is so powerful, no amount of politics will contain His unending hymns of Krsnas Glories. As the Divine Mother proclaimed:

"He has shown the strength of His arm,

He has scattered the proud in their conceit.

He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,

And has lifted up the lowly."

ys .

All glories to Srila Prabhupada and the Gaudiya acharyas who illumine our path with the light of the torch of knowledge ignited by the flame of prema bhakti!

As Mahak prabhu pointed out previously, we have so many fundamentalists attacking authentic traditions using their poor fund of knowledge about Jesus.

This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost. - BG 4:2

Nearly 100% of evangelical christians are not qualified as teachers as these "preachers" are not in the disciplic line of Jesus. Further, the vast majority of christians initiated in Jesus parampara are not qualified to teach as they are not educated in advanced spiritual studies. Preaching and teaching is reserved for the renounced, vowed religious. Even among these there is a crisis of authentic spirituality and real understanding among religious, particularly in the industrialized parts of the world. That is, the phenomenon of terrible fall downs of religious figures is at an all time high, and not restricted to religious sect. We don't need to look far from the tree to find the bad fruit.

So we bring authentic realizations to "the assembled vaisnavas" for contemplation and enjoyment.

source : http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0142/__P3.HTM

Dominum et vivificantem -- John Paul II 1985

Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Text 10.

In his intimate life, God "is love," the essential love shared by the three divine Persons: personal love is the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of the Father and the Son. Therefore he "searches even the depths of God," as uncreated Love-Gift. It can be said that in the Holy Spirit the intimate life of the Triune God becomes totally gift, an exchange of mutual love between the divine Persons and that through the Holy Spirit God exists in the mode of gift. It is the Holy Spirit who is the personal expression of this self-giving, of this being-love. He is Person- Love. He is Person-Gift Here we have an inexhaustible treasure of the reality and an inexpressible deepening of the concept of person in God, which only divine Revelation makes known to us.

At the same time, the Holy Spirit, being consubstantial with the Father and the Son in divinity, is love and uncreated gift from which derives as from its source (fons vivus) all giving of gifts vis-a-vis creatures (created gift): the gift of existence to all things through creation; the gift of grace to human beings through the whole economy of salvation. As the Apostle Paul writes: "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to US."

There are many meditations in the above verses. In either "Christian" or "Vaisnava" context, meditation on the above will bring us to:

Krsna is a mystery, seeing that Lord Balarama will never be finished listing the unlimited Glories of Lord Krsna

Therefore he "searches even the depths of God,".... He is Person-Gift Here we have an inexhaustible treasure of the reality and an inexpressible deepening of the concept of person in God, which only divine Revelation makes known to us.

...which allows us to glorify Lord Sesa Balarama even more on his thread, because he REVEALS all mysteries to those who want to be fulfilled.

His thread indeed! Hari Bol!

Love,

HerServant and yours