IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mudmessiah

Chanting Hari Krishna...

Rate this topic

When I drive and traffic is insulting...I chant Hari Krishna and remember my center. I can do this during times of trouble...:rolleyes: and the thought of Krishna settles my anger. When one is dying I hear it will take you to the Sacred Planets and ensure a blessed afterlife! May you live a Krishna-centered life! Hari

Hare krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupad

Lord Chaitanya mahaprabhu says

trinad api sunichena

taror api sahishnuna

amanina manadena

kirtaniyah sada harih

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

You can always chant the holy name that is Yuga dharma.

please try to remember Lord Krishna also when you are happy and when you are suffering with any kind of problem.

chant more Lord Krishna is personally present in his Holy name

hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare

hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

Hari bol

I try to listen to kirtans when commuting to work since it does seem that I am less likely to 'let myself go off' at someone. It still happens, I am still full of demoniac qualities, but my Gurudeva says in everything you do, try and connect it with Krishna and you will be benefitted, so I figure driving is included in that. BTW my understanding is we don't chant the Name like we are doing it, it chants us when we become proper receivers (being tolerant, humble, offering honor without desiring it for ourselves). Srila Sridhar Maharaj said "Then, the soul inspired, recapitulates, sending vibration back into the intelligence, mind and so on-the whole process inverted-out to my external tongue and we say, 'Hare Krsna!' That Hare Krsna is He, and we dance in ecstasy." Jaya Guru Maharaj! So all I know is nama aparadha because I want honor, am intolerant (driving sure demonstrates that!) and definitely am not humble. Maybe one day I'll get to nama abhasa with the mercy of the vaisnavas. My consolation is at least I don't only have one life to reach Home.