IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shelter

Is Ok to sing Radhe Radhe during the bhajan?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I`m personaly not on the level to sing constantly Radhe Radhe during the bhajan becouse I dont have that feeling and what to speak about my fallen nature...

Maha-Mantra is that what Lord Mahaprabhu gave to us. Bhaktisidantha Saraswati and his great father Bhaktivinode Thakur, and to me dearest Srila Prabhupada gave prescription to sing Maha-Mantra. Pure devoties like them nicely telling us to become a sadhaka first(sadhana bhakti) and everything will be gradualy ok. Attachment for devotional service first and then after spontaneous service. As much I know, on spontaneous level a devotie is into bhava and think about Krishna not as Supreme Personality of Godhead but as a lover, child etc. I`m not on that level and I prefer Maha-Mantra. Those who trying to imitate a devoties from higher level definitely going to fall down from that position (Vaishnavas history, older, and of today is full of such stories and we are alert to go step by step as is prescribed). I personaly dont sing too much and haribol haribol, Prabhupad did not told me to sing five minutes haribol haribol, He said Maha-Mantra. In mentioned cases I stay silent or leave the place, same thing is also with Radhe Radhe. Anyways, Radhe is included in Maha-Mantra in the form of name "Hare". Everything is written in Shastras, and those one who deviate the Shastra is for sure a rascal and should be known as such in front of everybody becouse he just spoiling the new souls which wishes are trying to start path of bhakti.

Whatever I wrote I just facing matters of facts without tends of making offences.

Hare Krsna

JAY JAY SHREE RAADHE

Shree Raadhe is the Supreme Energy Source of Krishna's. She is the One whose company even the Source of Renunciation, Krishna longs for. Just imagine. But speaking for myself, i cannot take Her name becuase of my fallen nature.

ShreeShreeGaurHaribol

Guest guest

Thats my question.

Yes I have noticed this current trend in Iskcon temples. I've noticed in Iskcon Guru Sivarama Swami's Bhajans they chant Radhe Radhe Ram Ram. Sounds like a bogus concoction to me which has links to the bogus Gopi Bhava Club. The question you should ask is:

DID PRABHUPADA SAY WE CAN CHANT IT????????

Being the Acharya of Iskcon we should be very careful to follow his instructions and not concoct or sway from the clear practices that Prabhupada set up and put in place.

Did Prabhupada encourage devotee's to chant Radhe Radhe? Did devotees do this while Prabhupada was physically present?

THAT YOU NEED TO FIND OUT.

Yes I have noticed this current trend in Iskcon temples. I've noticed in Iskcon Guru Sivarama Swami's Bhajans they chant Radhe Radhe Ram Ram. Sounds like a bogus concoction to me which has links to the bogus Gopi Bhava Club.

During kirtans and bhajans the devotees of New Vraja Dham in Hungary, as well as H.H. Sivarama Swami who is GBC there, sometimes chant the names of the presiding Dieties of the temple - Sri Sri Radhe Syamasundara - "Radhe Syam, Radhe Syam" (NOT Radhe Ram as falsely claimed by Guest 2332)

Just as in any temple one would chant the names of Their Lordships presiding. Indeed the revered residence of Sri Vrindavan dham are heard to be greeting each and everyone with "Radhe Radhe" and "Radhe Syam"... as Radha and Syama are the life and soul of Vrindavans inhabitants... as the Presiding Dieties of any temple are the life and soul of that yatra.

Please see Sri Caitanya Caritamrta, Madhya 1.35, Purport by HDG AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada - Srila Prabhupada outlines the contents of Sanatana Goswami's Hari-Bhakti-Vilas and includes this statement "One is instructed on how to chant the holy name of the Deity"... It may also be noted the next statement Srila Prabhupada makes in the same sentence - "...and there are discussions about offenses committed while chanting the holy name, along with methods for getting relief from such offenses."

Padma Purana

Brahma Khanda 25.15–18

Ten offenses to the Holy Name

satam ninda namnah paramam aparadham vitanute

yatah khyatim yatam katham u sahate tad-vigarham

"To blaspheme devotees who have dedicated their lives to chanting the holy name of the Lord. The holy name, who is identical with Krsna, will never tolerate such blasphemous activities."

Some Devotees are too fond, and quick off the mark to trash ISKCON, and its Guru's. Its a shame, and sad to see Vaisnavas fall in this trap, wasting valuable energy to create further entanglement.

Spiritual life is indeed a razors edge, and one has to be vary aware of the fact that disrespecting ANYONE, let alone other Vaisnavas is against Lord Chaitanyas teachings. We would be wise to think a thousand times and consult seniors and peers before declaring anyone a propounder of "bogus concoctions" - on a whim, after not going through any research etc. etc...

Sadly may so called practicing Vaisnavas do not check their mentality and behaviour against peers and seniors and are prone to use their independance to hamper their own advancement... when rather they could have been chanting Hare Krishna or Radhe Syam instead.

krisna.hu/galeria/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=2

Sri Sri Radhe Syamasundara - "Radhe Syam"

The presiding Dieties Of New Vraja Dhama, Hungary.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Prabhu,

It is clear to me that you are a disciple of Sivarama Swami of some sort and I am sorry that you have found my comments upsetting. Still I must speak the truth even if unpalatable, as Prabhupada instructed us to always do so.

During kirtans and bhajans the devotees of New Vraja Dham in Hungary, as well as H.H. Sivarama Swami who is GBC there, sometimes chant the names of the presiding Dieties of the temple - Sri Sri Radhe Syamasundara - "Radhe Syam, Radhe Syam" (NOT Radhe Ram as falsely claimed by Guest 2332)

Prabhu, I have attended many of Sivarama's bajans at Bhaktivedanta Manor and the mass of devotees clearly chant ....Radhe Radhe Ram Ram, during the time the kirtan leader chants the first call of the mahamantra, they then follow as normal. It is Radhe....Radhe....RAM.....RAM.

Guest guest

This was sung many times, even while Srila Prabhupada was physically smiling at all of us. Fast and furious, soulful and doleful. It is the refrain in the song praising the temples in Vrndavan founded by the goswamis. Beautiful recording from New York in the early days, one of golden avatars first productions.

So, someone is blowin smoke, a typical hater of the vaisnava servants of Srila pRABHUPADA.

HARE KRSNA, YS, MAHAKSADASA

Guest guest

The fourth temple. After Radha Govinda, Radha Damodara and Radha Syamasundara.

Guest guest

The fourth temple. After Radha Govinda, Radha Damodara and Radha Syamasundara.

I was not blowing smoke on anything. Mahak, if you had listened attentively to what I has said was:

"Did Prabhupada encourage devotee's to chant Radhe Radhe? Did devotees do this while Prabhupada was physically present?

THAT YOU NEED TO FIND OUT."

That was all I said on that issue.

Then you call me a "typical hater of the vaisnava servants of Srila pRABHUPADA."

Please prabhu I dont think it is fair for you to get personal and call me names for just voicing my opinion. I dont hate the servants of Srila Prabhupada at all, and I am offended by that comment because it is untrue plain and simple.

I have made it clear that I do not follow certain Guru's such as Sivarama Swami. That is my right to do so and is totally justified in my humble opinion.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

As sincere as I can do it. I am guilty of overstating my theme, and I have done so, so I hope you will forgive my rhetoric.

This is called "lumping them in", and I hate it, yet I do it too. Some get a little fanatical about what prabhupada wants, but he wants what we give, any little bit is acceptable to one known as patita pavana. Some blast electric guitar kirtanas, and Srila Prabhupada closed down the road show when the devotees started acting like rock stars (which they were). But this doesnt mean that using an electric guitar and stick drums is bogus and unacceptable form of kirtana. This goes against Sri Chaitanyas directive concerning "no hard and fast rules".

I may understand where you are coming from, which I failed to give you credit. I, too, do not accept those who go around saying Radhe Radhe, because they may be guilty of the same thing that those who worship Krsna alone are guilty of, failure to see bhagavan realization AS IT IS. Neither are worshipped exclusively, Krsna is always with His internal Potency, they are never apart. Srila Praqbhupada never taught us to seek out the exclusive relationship with Srimati Radhirani, this is sahajiyaism, or worse than that, Ravana demonism.

As I mentioned before I ruined my post with my nonsense, there are plenty of wonderful songs that sing the names of Sri Sri Radha Krsna. And there is no hard and fast rule that says we cannot compose our own praises of Sri Sri Radha Krsna, as long as we do not cross the lines that the scholars and bhakti yogis will call us on.

Again, I apologize, and I also thank you for catching me in a very overzealous post. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Well from perspective of some Vaisnavas is okay to sing "Radhe Radhe" WITHOUT mentioning Krsna. Because they are loyal to Radha over Krsna. See Sri Ujjvala Nilamani for details.

Such persons might also call Krsna things like a "cheater", "black snake", and even curse Krsna to take birth as a sannyasi for making Radhika suffer so much: cursing Him that in addition to living without stri sangha, he will have the internal mood of Radhika and cry like He made Her cry.

So those people you might find chanting "Radhe radhe radhe!" and they might even feel inclined do things like forcibly bar Krsna from seeing Radhe and yell at Radhe for being into Krsna, asking Her if She has lost Her mind. Because their sambandha is with Radhe, very protective of Her.

To each his or her own. So actually everybody is correct. The ones who think is bad to chant Radhe probably in Chandravali's camp and they don't even want to hear the name of the constellation Anuradha. Or some gopa, clueless, thinks Krsna is actually going to take care of cows during the daytime...yeah right...and not meeting up with Radhika in some kunja.

All of those people might think is bad to chant Radhe or we have to chant Krsna with Radhe, and they would be correct according to their internal mood. And others think only Radhika should be praised because what is God anyway but a Goddess wannabee? Anything Krsna can do, Radhika can do better. So why mess with the rest when Radhika is the best?

And others are like oh wow this is like great tennis match or football game and rooting for both sides. Say someone has two kids in college sports: one kid goes to Cal and the other one attends UCLA. So who do they cheer for at the Cal vs UCLA game? And what section of the stands do they sit in?!!!.

So everybody is correct, sort of.

Guest guest

Why lay so much emphasis on the duality of Radha and Krsna. Remember Mahaprabhu taught Acintya-bheda-abheda Tattva. Radha and Krishna are one substance. To praise Radhe is to praise Krishna, and vice versa. For is Krishna any different to his spiritual energy?

It is okay to chant any names that you like, but by chanting Radhe Radhe you won't get love of God. Because it is not recommemded by Krsna or Radha or even Lord Caitanya. Lord Caitanya is the ONLY Person who could give love of God in this age, and He asked everyone to chant ONLY name of Krsna and no one else.

"The Lord placed a flower garland around each devotee's neck. Then the Lord ordered: Sing Krsna. Talk of Krsna. Worship Krsna. Sing Krsna's name. Think only of Lord Krsna. Think of no one else. If you love Me, then please sing only of Lord Krsna. Sing of no one else. Whether asleep, awake, or eating your meals, think only of Lord Krsna day and night. With your mouths speak only of Him." (Caitanya bhagavata Madhya-khanda Chapter 28 Text 25-28)

It is okay to chant any names that you like, but by chanting Radhe Radhe you won't get love of God. Because it is not recommemded by Krsna or Radha or even Lord Caitanya. Lord Caitanya is the ONLY Person who could give love of God in this age, and He asked everyone to chant ONLY name of Krsna and no one else.

"The Lord placed a flower garland around each devotee's neck. Then the Lord ordered: Sing Krsna. Talk of Krsna. Worship Krsna. Sing Krsna's name. Think only of Lord Krsna. Think of no one else. If you love Me, then please sing only of Lord Krsna. Sing of no one else. Whether asleep, awake, or eating your meals, think only of Lord Krsna day and night. With your mouths speak only of Him." (Caitanya bhagavata Madhya-khanda Chapter 28 Text 25-28)

har woh cheez jo tumhara sri krishna ke prati prem utpan kare usse apnalo.

dont think of these things..........

vedas says every name is his name..

sab govind hai sab govind hai...................

Guest guest

Very nice quote Prabhu, thankyou.

Radha is a holy name radhe is a holy name krsna is a holy name chanting hari krsna hari radha is calling there divine energy chanting sri radha krsna premi is calling out for love being a lover of radha krsna is so very divine please everybody remember to enjoy there mercy and grace focus on your heart and feel the love cry with tears of joy i do spontaneously its so beautiful to just mentally do it is a wast of time bhakti is not a mantra which is

to do with the mind the real guru is the super soul please speak

from experience not spoiling things Shree Raadhe is the Supreme Energy Source of Krishna's. She is the One whose company even the Source of Renunciation, Krishna longs for Radhe Syam

chant the holy names there are millions chant the holy NAMES

BE CREATIVE During kirtans and bhajans Those who follow loves instructions without deviation will surely go back to the spiritual world. there are plenty of wonderful songs that sing the names of Sri Sri Radha Krsna. To praise Radhe is to praise Krishna, and vice versa or chant any holy names that you like PLEASE

If you chant what you like to chant, then that is SPIRITUAL SENSE GRATIFICATION. We are not here to chant what WE like to chant, but to chant what our Guru, Mahaprabhu, wants us to chant. Lord Caitanya is Krsna in the mood of Radha, therefore what He asks us to do is what Radha is asking us to do. Therefore Radha wants us to chant ONLY Krsna and no one else. Krsna also wants us to think of Him ONLY(BG). So, if we REALLY want to please Radha and Krsna, if we REALLY love Radha and Krsna, we would do what They want us to do, not what we like to do.

Many times Lord Caitanya(Radha) became upset and even angry when some devotees glorified Him and chanted His names. Lord Caitanya never chanted the name of Radha, because He IS Radha.

Do you think that Radha will be pleased with you if you chane Her name, or She will be pleased if you chant Krsna's names, Her beloved?!!!

I love to chant names of Radha, but I chant Krsna's names, ONLY to please Radha, because that is what She wants me to do. This is the TRUE LOVE for Radha.

Love means to sacrifice what you like, to please your beloved.

Guest guest

But despite your fallen nature, you can chant Krishna's name?

JAY JAY SHREE RAADHE

Shree Raadhe is the Supreme Energy Source of Krishna's. She is the One whose company even the Source of Renunciation, Krishna longs for. Just imagine. But speaking for myself, i cannot take Her name becuase of my fallen nature.

ShreeShreeGaurHaribol

Guest guest

Yet another bitten by the bug of sectarianism. So if some devotees leave ISKCON and go to Narayana Maharaja, how is that harmful for them. What matters is the progress on the path of Bhakti, not which institution they do it in. Saying otherwise is just a display of sectarianism, which I reject.

Also, saying that Srila Prabhupada forbade taking instruction from Srila Narayana Maharaja shows that you are either ignorant or are just plain envious of other great Acaryas. If Srila Prahupada was so concerned about his disciples taking Siksa from Srila Narayana maharaja, maybe you can explain why he directed them to approach Srila Narayana Maharaja for the samadhi ceremony after his passing.

I am sorry if you find that offensive, but that is the truth. Sivarama Swami is a deviant and has caused much harm to ISKCON being the main cause of the huge stampede to the Gaudia matha with his constant taking siksha from Narayana Maharaja after Prabhupada clearly forbade such action.

Radhe Radhe Radhe

Sri Krishna Radhe Radhe!!!

If you get to the point where you just cant hold it in, then it is ok to sing :)

Can you sing these Names with love and devotion? If so, why not cry out to Sri Radhe in bhajan?

Dont be obsessed with rules when it comes to chanting the Holy Names. Remember the bit about "no hard and fast rules"? It applies to you as well.

Radhe Radhe Radhe

Sri Krishna Radhe Radhe!!!

If you get to the point where you just cant hold it in then please please

can you sing these Names radha krsna with love and devotion right from the heart hari full of bliss cry out to Sri Radha krsna in spritual loving madness

please never be obsessed with mental rules when it comes to chanting the Holy Names. Remember the bit about "no hard and fast rules"