IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mugen

was this destiny or not?

Rate this topic

Firstly i kno that this is very trivial. but i'm mentioning this because this happened today. there are even bigger incidents like this. Hence if i can find some good answer to this i can keep composed in the big ones also.

see i switched on tv (watch it on comp and hence there are even more wires behind comp.)

Now one current connection was loose. so i just took out the adapter and put it back in into another socket. And lo, the screen is showing "no signal".:( I only changed the current plug position. Logically there is no reason for this. So,

1) I checked each individual device (tv tuner card and the cable supply)-each is worling correct alone.

2) I checked the connections- They too are all correct.

:confused::confused::confused:

There was no fault of mine in this situation. I had only changed the current socket. After putting a lot of head I GIVE UP with the feeling "that ITS JUST NOT IN MY DESTINY." No matter how hard i tried i coudn't correct it.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

I ask one person for help. he comes. i explain how it stopped working. Now he too checks the connection-no faults. But now he picks up the remote and changes some settings in the menu. One of them work out accidentally and the picture comes back on.:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Who would have thought that just removing current supply and putting it back on would have changed the settings of the device as well? This never happened before. IT WAS JUST NOT IN MY DESTINY TO CORRECT THIS NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRIED BUT IT WAS IN HIS DESTINY TO CORRECT THIS EVEN THOUGH WAT HE DID WAS ILLOGICAL.

I find it heart-breaking why failure should be written in mine and success in his just like that. This happens in other situations also. Please comment...:crying2::crying2:

Guest guest

Firstly i kno that this is very trivial. but i'm mentioning this because this happened today. there are even bigger incidents like this. Hence if i can find some good answer to this i can keep composed in the big ones also.

see i switched on tv (watch it on comp and hence there are even more wires behind comp.)

Now one current connection was loose. so i just took out the adapter and put it back in into another socket. And lo, the screen is showing "no signal".:( I only changed the current plug position. Logically there is no reason for this. So,

1) I checked each individual device (tv tuner card and the cable supply)-each is worling correct alone.

2) I checked the connections- They too are all correct.

:confused::confused::confused:

There was no fault of mine in this situation. I had only changed the current socket. After putting a lot of head I GIVE UP with the feeling "that ITS JUST NOT IN MY DESTINY." No matter how hard i tried i coudn't correct it.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

I ask one person for help. he comes. i explain how it stopped working. Now he too checks the connection-no faults. But now he picks up the remote and changes some settings in the menu. One of them work out accidentally and the picture comes back on.:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Who would have thought that just removing current supply and putting it back on would have changed the settings of the device as well? This never happened before. IT WAS JUST NOT IN MY DESTINY TO CORRECT THIS NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRIED BUT IT WAS IN HIS DESTINY TO CORRECT THIS EVEN THOUGH WAT HE DID WAS ILLOGICAL.

I find it heart-breaking why failure should be written in mine and success in his just like that. This happens in other situations also. Please comment...:crying2::crying2:

This kind of work requires people who are "earthed, grounded", people who are materially expert. You're more spiritually inclined, qualities which are related with culture, fine art, music, may be also cooking for Krishna - activities which require love and devotion to Lord Krishna in order to come out successful. To work with electricity cables just requires material knowledge and doesnt help our souls to spiritually advance unless used for serving Krishna. May be you can connect a pc machine with the internet to surf to a Vaishnava forum? This would be spiritual activity to connect with knowledge about bhakti-yoga in cyberspace and learn how to meditate upon Lord Krishna 24 hours daily and become full of spiritual happiness always.

This kind of work requires people who are "earthed, grounded", people who are materially expert. You're more spiritually inclined, qualities which are related with culture, fine art, music, may be also cooking for Krishna - activities which require love and devotion to Lord Krishna in order to come out successful. To work with electricity cables just requires material knowledge and doesnt help our souls to spiritually advance unless used for serving Krishna. May be you can connect a pc machine with the internet to surf to a Vaishnava forum? This would be spiritual activity to connect with knowledge about bhakti-yoga in cyberspace and learn how to meditate upon Lord Krishna 24 hours daily and become full of spiritual happiness always.

But that does not satisfy me...I'm also quite an expert in these things (if i may say so)....thing is that that situation did not really require much expertise. it just required luck. what he did wasn't logical but still it worked. but what i did just didn't turn out even though it was logical. I felt frustrated because it was expected of me to mend it. Similar situations have happened many times before..

Guest guest

But that does not satisfy me...I'm also quite an expert in these things (if i may say so)....thing is that that situation did not really require much expertise. it just required luck. what he did wasn't logical but still it worked. but what i did just didn't turn out even though it was logical. I felt frustrated because it was expected of me to mend it. Similar situations have happened many times before..

If you say that you didnt had luck by finding something out and this causes you frustration and that the other person also tried the same thing and had luck to find the solution - but this is how this world runs since millions of years. Jatayu didnt know how to kill Ravana and just tried as good as he could and was killed appently he failed, he failed even badly.

However, because he did it to serve Lord Ramachandra he was immediately transferred to the eternal kingdom of Lord Rama in Vaikuntha and this is real success. Although he failed he achieved the highest goal - Vaikuntha the spiritual kingdom of God. So if you work and fail just work for God, bhakti-yoga, and even when you think you experience defeat like Jatayu - dont worry, you still attain perfection because you tried to serve Lord Rama or Lord Krishna. This is the mercy of performing bhakti-yoga. Is this satisfying for you? Although you apparently fail, you still dont fail, isnt this satisfying to know?

Same here. This has happened to me hundreds of times.

I never looked at it in terms of fate, though, just coincidence.

Guest guest

Your friend had a chance to render service to you. If you could do everything yourself and we all could do everything ourselves then there would be no need to interact with each other.

We live in an ecosystem of humanity. When we can't do something and someone helps us then we feel gratitude. By carrying through this feeling of gratitude we think of how many people we have to be thankful for: our ancestors for giving us this body. All of the people who invented things such as languages and computers so we can communicate with each other. All of our teachers. All of the farmers and merchants and delivery truck drivers and stevedores so we can have food. The people who built your house, the architects and engineers who made sure it is safe. The engineers who designed and maintain your electrical, water, plumbing systems. The scientists who invented the thing that needed fixing. The factory workers who made the thing and assembled it. And all of their ancestors and all of the people who fed and maintained and educated them.

Then you think of the demigods who controlled all of that and the devas who assisted. Then you think of the Supreme from which all of that emanated. So everything that happens is an opportunity for us to experience an attitude of gratitude. Sometimes we forget at the moment it is happening but at least in retrospect can look back and everytime we feel vulnerable we feel our true position as a grain of sand in a vast universe that is constantly expanding and

contracting.

Then it is kind of miraculous we are existing at all and anything at all is going right when we think of what other people in the world are experiencing right now: war and starvation and bitter cold and terminal illness. Many people nothing is going right at all and no end in sight. So you can also feel fortunate your problem was solved and so easily. That you lived close enough someone could come over to help you. Fortunate that someone even wanted to help you. Fortunate that someone knew what to do and you do not live in the bush amongst the Irian Jaya in Indonesia where your cohort group might recoil in horror from technology, scampering to the top of a tree instead and hurling blow darts at it, clad only in a penis sheath gourd.

So basically when someone helps us, the esoteric reason behind it is it's an opportunity to develop an attitude of gratitude, giving constant thanks for our good fortune and vowing to help others as other have helped us.

On a lighter note, if these things happen to you on a daily basis, why not keep a diary of it? You could then take this diary and turn it into a hit TV sitcom like Seinfeld and make millions of dollars off of these weird things happening in your life. ["Seinfeld: the TV show about nothing"]. What you've described sounds exactly like something that would happen to George Costanza on an episode of Seinfeld. Write it all up and then get paid one million dollars per episode to star in your life story for seven years. Then retire to the Hamptons and live in a $42million dollar mansion when you retire with your lovely wife and two children.