IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why was Krishna initiated by a Shaivite Guru?

Rate this topic

Was he a devotee of Lord Shiva?

Generally, when you post some topic like this you need to present some reference to substanatiate and validate that your claim has some reasonable basis for assumption.

Who told you the guru of Krishna was a Shaivite and where is the shastric evidence of that?

Shaivites are devotees of Lord Siva.

The actual Sampradaya of Lord Siva does not promote Lord Siva as Supreme.

To be in the Sampradaya of Lord Siva does not make one a Shaivite, no more than being in the Sri Sampradaya makes one a devotee of Laxsmi Deva or being in the Brahma Sampradaya makes one a devotee of Lord Brahma.

The actual Sampradaya of Lord Siva accepts Lord Krishna as supreme.

Lord Siva is the guru of his Sampradaya, not the God.

Uhhh...

Shaivites consider Shiva to be Supreme, Guruvani. They believe him to be the Preserver, Creator, and Destroyer, not just the guru.

I think a little bit of your fanaticism is creeping up.

that's my point.

Shaivitism is a perversion of the Shiva sampradaya because Siva is a devotee of Krishna.

Vaishnavanam yatah Shambhu.....

Lord Siva is the topmost devotee of the Lord.

His actual sampradaya teaches the surrender to Krishna.

These bogus Shaivites are not genuine Shiva Sampradaya.

Wow.

I didn't think crazy Hindus existed until I met you.

Stating that "Shaivites are bogus and not the genuine Shiva Sampradaya" is absolutely false, rude, and derogatory. Shaivites today are genuine Shaivites who believe and have believed for all time that Shiva, and his consort, Shakti, are the supreme.

Do not defile the beliefs of others with your bias.

Surely, despite whatever you believe, you can see that your thoughts are based on your teachings from a Vaishnava guru and a Vaishnava upbringing? If you were born as a Shaivite, I'm sure you would think differently.

-----

To answer the original question:

Krishna may not have been initiated by a Shaivite guru, but if he did, what difference does it make?

Wouldn't Krishna show respect to Shiva?

Read the Shiva Purana and you will find that Vishnu bows to Shiva on several occasions. Shiva and Vishnu are both one and the same and to think them any different is foolish and does not lead to Enlightenment.

Wow.

I didn't think crazy Hindus existed until I met you.

Stating that "Shaivites are bogus and not the genuine Shiva Sampradaya" is absolutely false, rude, and derogatory. Shaivites today are genuine Shaivites who believe and have believed for all time that Shiva, and his consort, Shakti, are the supreme.

Do not defile the beliefs of others with your bias.

Surely, despite whatever you believe, you can see that your thoughts are based on your teachings from a Vaishnava guru and a Vaishnava upbringing? If you were born as a Shaivite, I'm sure you would think differently.

-----

To answer the original question:

Krishna may not have been initiated by a Shaivite guru, but if he did, what difference does it make?

Wouldn't Krishna show respect to Shiva?

Read the Shiva Purana and you will find that Vishnu bows to Shiva on several occasions. Shiva and Vishnu are both one and the same and to think them any different is foolish and does not lead to Enlightenment.

Six schools of Shaivism are traditionally recognized: Shaiva Siddhanta, Pashupata Shaivism, Kashmir Shaivism, Veerashaivism, Siddha Siddhanta and Shiva Advaita.

Which sect do you belong to?