IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vegan vs vegetarian

Rate this topic

Why are jivas born as cows?

What if they couldn't be born as cows when they need to be? Can that happen? Can they be born as cows even though they don't need to be cows now?

Is it all so elementary that the brain can know and understand all the implications involved?

Why are jivas born as cows?

Why are jivas born as birds or anything else

What if they couldn't be born as cows when they need to be? Can that happen? Can they be born as cows even though they don't need to be cows now?

:confused: Are you smoking ganja gHari? What are you talking about.

Is it all so elementary that the brain can know and understand all the implications involved?

Man all I know is I can't understand your post. I know I'm not too bright so can you rephrase this?

:confused: Are you smoking ganja gHari? What are you talking about.

Well, I don't smoke weed, but I admit I do get a little cryptic and poetic at times. I am suggesting that we cannot stop cows from being born. If our goal is stop half the cows from existing, then I think it is not that easy. If we want to stop all Western cows' births except those in zoos, then I doubt that is possible.

I know you don't smoke gHari. I was kidding. No one is talking about stopping cows from being born. The focus is very one pointed. There is no need to discuss side points. We want all cows as well as other animals to live protected from cruelty and slaughter.

Animals are to be treated like children, not slaughtered and consumed for their meat and milk.

Animals are to be treated like children, not slaughtered and consumed for their meat and milk.

That would be nice. Let's e-bomb the slaughterhouses. Let's raise the consciousness of the West. Let's force stores to put pictures of cows on every package of meat. Let's mobilize these threads' energy toward stopping the desire for blood.

Let's chant Hare Krsna in every park in the world, starting tomorrow morning.

That would be nice. Let's e-bomb the slaughterhouses. Let's raise the consciousness of the West. Let's force stores to put pictures of cows on every package of meat. Let's mobilize these threads' energy toward stopping the desire for blood.

Let's chant Hare Krsna in every park in the world, starting tomorrow morning.

Sounds good. PeTA has an Action Alert page. There are always several projects happening where we e bomb various places to raise awareness. Fashion shops that sell fur are always a good target. Many have removed fur products from their stores. Check it out.

Retailers are afraid of PeTA. A couple years ago, the local Whole Foods here decided to offer live lobsters for sale for people to buy and take home to boil alive.

When I saw this I was outraged and sent Whole Foods a letter stating my opposition and I mentioned I had alerted PeTA also, which I had.

I received no reply from Whole Foods but the big lobster sale was stopped immediately before it was advertised to end and they no longer sell lobster. They envisioned PeTA protesting at their door and they freaked out.

There are many successes that are due to PeTA. They are a great organization.

For devotees we can only keep the issue of milk from tortured and slaughtered cows coming up and once devotees look at the details of the issue with an open mind they are bound to take a vow to use milk from protected cows only.

Thanks for your interest gHari and I hope you will excuse my coarse and often abrasive manner but you surely know me by now. I mean to be emotive to get people to take this issue seriously but no hard feelings OK?

dandavats

Sure, OK, whatever. The rudeness and arrogance just confirmed my suspicions that the words were not from Paramatma.

We know another part of the equation that is beyond the understanding of PETA.

Sure, OK, whatever. The rudeness and arrogance just confirmed my suspicions that the words were not from Paramatma.

We know another part of the equation that is beyond the understanding of PETA.

Perhaps but the truth of the statement are from Paramatma. You can't deny that. Rather it makes you uncomfortable or not to face the fact that you are engaged in cow killing by drinking commercial milk, you are.

That fact you have not been able to refute. It just remains t be seen what you will do with it.

The ball is in your court bubba.

PETA's position is cow protection. You claim to have some secret something beyond that. I thought for a second you may have been having a moment of clear thinking but I guess not.

This is an incident from India from a few years ago.

A local beef butcher was identified by an "animal lovers" group who had the butcher arrested for violating a ban and his operations were suspended. But it turned out this butcher was supplying most of his meat to the Zoo. With the butcher shut down, there was no meat to feed the zoo animals! And of course, the animal lovers had no answer to this, as they had not really thought this through. Consequently, the zoo sourced another butcher who would supply buffalo and hog meat to feed the animals in the zoo. And the animal rights group has no problem with this!

It is funny that there was no ban on buffalo slaughter. It looks like cow slaughter is a big offense, but killing other animals is OK and animal lovers do not really love Buffaloes, after all which means one of the following othings,

1) They were not really animal lovers in the proper sense

2) Buffaloes and hogs are not animals

3) Zoo animals are not really animals

This whole concept of cow protection with almost no regard to other animals, is highly irrational and has more to do with religious emotion than anything else.

Cheers

It made me aware that in this hell, every penny I spend contributes to cow killing. I am more serious than ever about floating through with only the essentials.

The goswamis had it right. A different tree every night.

I do not believe that people will stop eating calves if there are no dairy farms. I think that females and males will both be slaughtered like steers are now and some will be killed while still calves. This means there will be far fewer cows, or meat will be so cheap that everyone will eat more. The consensus among future western demonic generations would be that cows are only good for blood.