IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Why did Rama wait for rainy season to be over?

Rate this topic

During rainy season Rama was not trying to search for Sita. It can be argued that in that season it was difficult to carry out the search. But didn't spies of kings work even in rainy seasons in those days? Then why did Rama wait for the season to be over.

If He really loved Sita so much, then He should have searched for Sita even in that season.

Guest guest

Ramayana is NOT a love story. It's about Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi incarnating on bhu-loka for these reasons:

#1 To give devatas a chance to serve them (nishkaama karma), doing which they attain Jnana, Bhakti, Vairagya.

#2 To destroy asuras.

#3 To teach ordinary people by way of examples.

As you can see, it's not as if Lord Rama needed help from anyone to get back Sita. In fact, Sita being Laxmi is so powerful, she could've destroyed the whole of Lanka in a jiffy. So the point is not at all that. Both Rama and Sita need no help. They are powerful. But it's just a leela, so as to give devatas (in the form of vanaras) a chance to serve them.

It's in this context every event in Ramayana must be viewed. Whatever Rama or Sita does, is for the purpose of helping satvik jivas in their sadhana, there is NO QUESTION OF PERSONAL GAIN, because they're the father and mother of universe. They lack nothing.

Here is our Lord Rama [which i made in 1996 :) - i didn't make the shield bow and mace - those were made by my godbrother] - please excuse the poor pic quality - they were taken in 'no light' as the spots are too bright - i'm experimenting with manual photos and i may be able to improve low light pics and not moving the camera helps too]

ramelshaddhifullpn3.jpg

ramelshaddaitl1.jpg

othermurtidp2.jpg