IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I converted from Islam to Hinduism and KC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I converted from Islam a few years back when i could no longer tolerate the sins of my fellow being especially when they refused to acknowledge what we were doing wrong in this world, by spreading hatred and violence. KC just really appealed to me, the non violence hindu approach, except with Krishna's message of fighting when no other solutions are possible, not like the stupid Jihad way to gain power and land. Karma also makes sense and when I was a muslim i always questioned myself why do certain people get it easier while others suffer all their life and Islam never explained this to me, also never explained to me why a 5 year old might die young and reach paradise while another might be born to a family of theives and be influenced to sin by environment etc. I am really glad I changed.

I am pretty new to the Internet, what kind of sites can you direct me to for interesting information on KC.

Thank you friends.

That's a very nice personal story!

I like this site better than the other Hare Krishna and Vaisnava message boards I've been on; the tone here is positive and intelligent and it's well moderated ...offensive, negative, and meaninglessly critical stuff gets deleted promptly and selectively, without disturbing posts that have some critical content of value.

Haribol!

That is a wonderful story and we are glad to have you. I'm sure you know all about the books available for you to further your knowledge about Sanatan Dharma and KC but if you haven't spent much time reading these then I advise you to do so. It will increase you understanding. When we're in a spiritual life, it is good to be around other devotees so that our knowledge grows aswell as also our commitment to a spiritual life. Find out if there is a temple or a center near you and visit regularly. Go to the kirtans and classes and immerse yourself in the vibrations. It will be so good for you.

Warmest wishes,

Jai

Guest guest

... the tone here is positive and intelligent and it's well moderated ...offensive, negative, and meaninglessly critical stuff gets deleted promptly and selectively, without disturbing posts that have some critical content of value.

Generally true but sometimes in a heated discussion someone will try to lighten it up with a little good natured humor and some of those posts get delelted too.

Guest guest

Dear Guest thats so great that you want to find out about Krishna Consciousness. I woud recommend;

[www]nitai[dot]in

from here you can also link to the forums and also download vanibase which contains many holy books and articles which I am sure you will enjoy reading. And if you don't feel like reading, there are many audios and videos on this site also ranging from lectures on the past times of the Lord, kirtans, the philosophy of bhakti yoga and videos of holy places.

The emphasis of the site is mainly on chanting the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga together with the Hare Krishna maha mantra and also upon the lila of Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu, who is none other than SriSri Radha Krishna in one form.

I wish you well on your spiritual journey and I hope you will get the blessings of Sri Nityananda Prabhu.

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna!

You were not on the wrong boat before. Though the sailers had mis-intepreted the holy Quran.. Welcome on board. We reach together the ultimate aim of one's life , going back , back home, back to godhead , back to Allah, the one without a second, the all beutiful Lord Shri hari...

Hari hari bol

Hi all,

I converted from Islam a few years back when i could no longer tolerate the sins of my fellow being especially when they refused to acknowledge what we were doing wrong in this world, by spreading hatred and violence. KC just really appealed to me, the non violence hindu approach, except with Krishna's message of fighting when no other solutions are possible, not like the stupid Jihad way to gain power and land. Karma also makes sense and when I was a muslim i always questioned myself why do certain people get it easier while others suffer all their life and Islam never explained this to me, also never explained to me why a 5 year old might die young and reach paradise while another might be born to a family of theives and be influenced to sin by environment etc. I am really glad I changed.

I am pretty new to the Internet, what kind of sites can you direct me to for interesting information on KC.

Thank you friends.

It is a progressive change you've been graced with only if you imbibe the real understanding in Vaisnavism and sincerely try to live that with all ones heart and soul, it will take you to the sweetest conception of divinity. Otherwise one can be deluded no matter what relative changes we make in this world even those of us who think we are practicing this path of Krsna consciousness can still be like monkeys that have found a priceless diamond, and go and exchange it at the local fruit walla for a banana.

Be happy you've made a wonderful and brave decision, as from my understanding there is somewhat of a threat within Islam of going to hell, to those that give up this religion. So you are obviously a sincere soul, for the Lord to give you vision beyond such idle threats.

If you are looking for further inspiration stay tuned here, and check out the interesting websites category, below spiritual disscussions on this site. There are alot of leads to to a wealth of inspiration.

Who knows you may be a wonderful example for your fellow Muslim brethren to find higher ground, and a more accomodating conception of divinity.

The Namacharya of our whole movement Srila Haridas Thakur took the same step as yourself so you are in good company.

all the best with your search

Hi all,

Thank you friends.

Hi guest and welcome. That KC appealed to you is no surprise because Krsna means the All-Attractive. The Lord draws all unto Him.

Those are the same questions I ask my fellow Christians about and they have no good answer. Therefore I decide not to pursue Christianity as it is today. I give all praise to Lord Jesus Christ and I accept His divine words to be a beacon of light for a fallen world, if taken to heart, but present day main stream Christianity is simply not for me.

Krsna consciousness is not a sectarian thing. It transcends Hindu Muslim Christian Buddhist etc. It is all about an ever increasing awareness of God in His most attractive and original form as Krsna The Supreme personality of Godhead, and falling in love with Him.

Allah Akbar God is great and merciful.

Hare is a call to that Mercy of God, and Krsna is He Himself in His sweetest form.

Today I was doing book distribution in the city and I was approached by a Muslim guy who proceeded to tell me "That blue man you worship is not god. The creator of the heavens and earth is not blue. God has no form like any created thing. God is not like any thing in the created world".

I said, you say that Allah is the name of God.

Allah is a sound, a form existing in the physical world.

Your Allah has a form too, but we have a clearer understanding of the real form of God than the hazy idea of "allah".

Hi all,

Thank you friends.

What country do you live in?

Maybe you can find some devotees from that part of the world and associate with them and many nice devotees can help you understand most of the questions you might have about Krishna consciousness.

It's good to read the books of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami and associate with the many nice devotees of the International Society For Krishna Consciousness, that has many temples all over the world.

Study the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, by Srila Prabhupada Swami.

Attend the temple programs, festivals, love feasts on Sunday and talk to the more experienced devotees who can help you in understanding the science of Krishna consciousness.

Today I was doing book distribution in the city and I was approached by a Muslim guy who proceeded to tell me "That blue man you worship is not god. The creator of the heavens and earth is not blue. God has no form like any created thing. God is not like any thing in the created world".

I said, you say that Allah is the name of God.

Allah is a sound, a form existing in the physical world.

Your Allah has a form too, but we have a clearer understanding of the real form of God than the hazy idea of "allah".

You tell 'em bro.

Should ask How does he know?

At least he's got the last part right.

This poster reminded me of the late Jaya Radhe dasi who would at times post just to see our reaction to fictional scenarios.

Your instincts might serve you well here.

Caitya-guru is always directing us, if we can only listen.

If the topic starter is genuine, then he will join the ranks of maybe a handful of people who have converted from Islam to Krishna.

Such converts are more rare than two-headed midgets.

Such converts are more rare than two-headed midgets.

Dear Mr. Buddhi: My clients have instructed me to request that you at once cease and desist from all mention of two-headed midgets. Too long have two-headed midgets been the butt of jokes amongst "normal people". May I suggest that you use the politically correct term, "bi-cephalic little people". You may also wish to call them B. C. Little People from this day until perpetuity. I hope you will take this communication seriously and that there will be no need for further action.