IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindu US Senator re-elected

Rate this topic

Guest guest

from HPI and wcco dot com

Minnesota 16 Nov 2006

Senator Satveer Chaudharya, a practicing Hindu, was re-elected in District 50 on the Democratic ticket, netting 63% of the vote.

Guest guest

Senator Satveer S. Chaudhary is a member of the Minnesota State Senate. It looks as though his opponent in the recent election is a practitioner of double talk.***

Any evidence of this?

Senator Satveer S. Chaudhary is a member of the Minnesota State Senate. It looks as though his opponent in the recent election is a practitioner of double talk.***

Any evidence of this?

Sure! Here's her description of her marital status in a campaign questionnaire:

Marital Status:

Born single (!), then married, then resingled--therefore I stand up strongly for marriage and family. Divorce is too common. It does give me compassion for other single parents who experience this ongoing American tragedy.

And here's her description of her military experience:

My Dad, a WW II veteran left us, recently. As families of veterans we, too, experience the losses and the liberty and freedom these veterans provided. Dad role-modeled respect for our country and gave up much for that American right.

If you read her campaign material elsewhere, some of it's even better. She's just full of it.

Guest guest

Here's her description of her marital status in a campaign questionnaire:

Marital Status:

Born single (!), then married, then resingled--therefore I stand up strongly for marriage and family. Divorce is too common. It does give me compassion for other single parents who experience this ongoing American tragedy.

And here's her description of her military experience:

My Dad, a WW II veteran left us, recently. As families of veterans we, too, experience the losses and the liberty and freedom these veterans provided. Dad role-modeled respect for our country and gave up much for that American right.******

She was trying to be funny, that's all. Why hold it against her?

Funny? I'm not sure that was her goal here. I can see that she was trying to spin her divorced status to her advantage, which is a must when going after "family-values" votes. The military service blurb is simply stupid and self-serving. The truth is that she has no military service. If I were asked about this, I would'nt go on about my father's six years of service before, during, and after WW II (the big one!), or my grandfather's leaving the farm at 17 and enlisting in the Army Air Corps during WW I (The War to End All Wars), or my ancestors' service in the American Civil War or the Revolutionary War. And wouldn't go out of my way to mention that one ancestor signed both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. That has nothing to do with my service to the nation. I'd simply state my own three years' service in the Navy during the Vietnam conflict and leave it at that.

Do you think she meant her proselytizing letters to the senator as a joke? Frankly, she strikes me as something of a nut with little awareness of boundaries. Creepy.