IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Looking for Non Iskcon Vaisnava association

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Hello to all the nice devotees on this forum, please accept my humble obeisances.

I do not want to get involved with any kind of sectarianism or groupism but I would like- and need- some nice vaisnava association. Please can someone tell me of any nice vaisnava groups or associations?

Thank you very much.

Mira.

Mira, a perfect desire that Krsna in your heart will fullfill for you no doubt. Not so easy to find superfically because neophytes will always outnumber the advanced devotees in most every sanga. So even within a particular group still we must find those persons that have risen beyond the sectarian and party spirit.

What I am trying to say is that once you identify a group that you may like to associate with still within that group there may be only a handful that really understand the non-sectarian nature of Krsna cinsciousness. It is this handful though that we must seek out. So the sanga you seek may actually be very small and off the public radar. Rely on the Lord in the heart to guide your search.

Mira...I've found awesome association of the type you want within ISKCON...a lot of maturing has taken place over forty years.

At one point not too long ago I considered defecting but quickly realized it's a cold world out there...

Guest guest

Mira, a perfect desire that Krsna in your heart will fullfill for you no doubt. Not so easy to find superfically because neophytes will always outnumber the advanced devotees in most every sanga. So even within a particular group still we must find those persons that have risen beyond the sectarian and party spirit.

What I am trying to say is that once you identify a group that you may like to associate with still within that group there may be only a handful that really understand the non-sectarian nature of Krsna cinsciousness. It is this handful though that we must seek out. So the sanga you seek may actually be very small and off the public radar. Rely on the Lord in the heart to guide your search.

Go to wwwpurebhakticom and find some very nice devotees there, not that there are not some very nice devotees in Iskcon, but Iskcon in general is giving the impression that devotees and even pure devotees from the Gaudya Math are unwanted and there have been some pretty bad politics against other vaisnava groups from there, which of course sadly reflects very badly on Iskcon.

Guest guest

Dear Mira,

I don't know where you live, but if you do an internet search and write in your country and state/ province, then online there are listed all of the various Hindu temples in the world.

There are several databases of this information; some include ISKCON and some do not as "Hindu". From the name of the Temple you can find out if

it is a Vaishnava temple, i.e. worships Vishnu or any specific incarnation of

Vishnu. Some of these temples have a website and then you can see what

Deities they have there, when their services or festivals are, when prasada

is distributed, what seva and association opportunities there are.

Some of these temples have a Temple Constitution where it is mandated that no member of the temple may engage in party spirit, sectarianism, or fanaticism: that all of the members must respect each other's opinions and Istha Devatas.

Then if you can double check and see if it is true by reading the temple's online newsletters. With some temples if you read their newsletters you will see that there is a head pujari who coordinates worship of the different branches of Hinduism even: such as Shaivite and Vishnu.

These types of Temples usually have programs where Kathavaks/ Kathaachars [people who speak harikatha and bring along their own bhajan singers] are invited to come and enliven the congregation and the community with unique discourses and musical stylings. Sometimes the Kathavaks are even from Mathas of Gaudiya Vaisnavism with roots in Holy Dhamas of India.

A Matha is an organization that was historically set up to feed pilgrims and offer them sanctified food and religious instruction at places of pilgrimmage in India. So a Matha is only one type of unique devotee association available. In Hinduism there are also the major Temples [distinct from the Mathas], the Monasteries [distinct from places where lay people are allowed to live], as well as Hindu Universities and Hindu Community Centers.

I am sure if you do an internet search of your area you will find some snigda and svatajiya association [affectionate and like-minded].

In addition you might meet a nice Vaisnava if you follow the links to these temples or in articles that the internet search turned up. For example in California there are 300,000 Hindus and 20% of them live in Silicon Valley.

Within the Silicon Valley area there are about five major temples with their

own websites and several smaller temples, all non ISKCON.

There are Hindu Community Centers in these areas too, where you can take classes in Sanskrit, learn Bhajan Singing, learn Indian Dance, learn to play an Indian musical instrument, hear experts in concert there, etc. These places generally speaking tend to be the organizations that are upfront about their Hindu practices and are not links to cults.

Guest guest

Sri Radhe,

I am sure this post will get bashed because there is unwarranted "disrespectful" behavior and feelings on this board by a few, all I can share is my experience.

I am now a humble devotee of Jagadguru Sri Kripaluji Maharaj and his foremost disciple Sri Swamiji.

I have found simple teachings and yet incredibly deep teachings from my Guruji. My love for Radha-Krishn has grown and just KEEPS on growing in the most profound way.

The Grace of Sri Radha-Krishn has once again descended to help us get back on a simple path and again all I can say is that for me it has and is working.

So you may want to check this out:

jkp. org

or

barsanadham. org

PS

I was told that Sri Maharajji will most likely be back in the US next year (2007) in April or May. His first trip to the west and USA was in 2004 and it was incredible staying at Barsana Dham and having his Satsang. It was a little crowded as they were trying to accomodate as many devotees that they could, but it was worth it. I met so many wonderful and truly spiritual devotees from around the World that came.

Jai Sri Radhe!

Regarding haḿsa-sańgaḥ, Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.18:

[...]

But if we read authorized literature, then that... What will happen then? Then ajas titarmy anugRNan guNa-vipramukto. Very easily, simply by reading such book, we shall be free from material entanglement, simply. Because... Just like Bhagavad-gItA. Bhagavad-gItA and BhagavAn KRSNa, they are identical. There is no difference. Don't think, "When I am reading Bhagavad-gItA not with purpose, then I am bereft." But to associate, to..., with a desire that "I shall be able to associate with devotee and KRSNa," then Bhagavad-gItA is nondifferent from KRSNa. There is no difference. Advaya-jJAna. Advaya-jJAna means without any difference. Vadanti tat tattva-vidas tattvaM yaj jJAnam advayam [sB 1.2.11], Advayam. If you are a devotee, bona fide devotee, when you read Bhagavad-gItA, you must know KRSNa is there. If you are a pure devotee, when you chant Hare KRSNa, KRSNa is there on your tongue, dancing. Don't think otherwise. KRSNa is there. NAma-cintAmaNi-kRSNaH. NAma. Anyone who is chanting Hare KRSNa without any offense... Ten kinds of offenses, you know that. By avoiding offense, if you chant Hare KRSNa, then you must know KRSNa is there. NAma-cintAmaNi-kRSNaH caitanya-rasa-vigrahaH pUrNaH zuddho nitya-mukto abhinnatvAn nAma-nAminoH. Similarly, when we read literature, lIlA-kathA... Lila-kathA. Just like we are reading now SrImad-BhAgavatam. This is lIlA-kathA of KRSNa and His devotee, PrahlAda MahArAja. This is lIlA, exchange of dealings between devotee and the Lord. The whole BhAgavata, it is called BhAgavata, why? The only subject matter is BhagavAn and bhakta. That's all. BhagavAn is the Lord, and bhakta is devotee. It has no other. You won't find any newspaper item, that "There was earthquake in London," and this and that. You don't find all these things. It is not like that, tad vAyasa-tIrtham, not for the enjoyment of the crowslike men. It must be swan, haMsa. HaMsa.

Why haMsa is taken, paramahaMsa? HaMsa has the capacity... HaMsa means swan. He has got capacity. If you give to the haMsa milk mixed with water, the haMsa has got the capacity, so it will drink the milk and reject the water. Therefore haMsa. And paramahaMsa, paramahaMsa means although they are in the material world, they have kicked out the material things, but he has taken KRSNa. That's all. KRSNa is there. Everywhere is KRSNa. IzAvAsyam idaM sarvam [izo mantra 1]. Even in this material world there is KRSNa, but the haMsa can take it, not the crows. The crows cannot take it. Therefore difference between the crows and haMsas. So those who are in KRSNa consciousness, they are being trained up to become haMsas, or they are haMsas. They don't care for anything, material thing. They are concerned with KRSNa. Therefore paramahaMsa. KRSNa is everywhere. Goloka eva nivasaty akhilAtmA-bhUtaH [bs. 5.37]. But the devotees can take KRSNa from anywhere. IhA... How it can be taken? What is the process? The process is this devotional service. If you are engaged in devotional service in anywhere, you are with KRSNa.

ihA yasya harer dAsye

karmaNA manasA vAcA

nikhilAsv apy avasthAsu

jIvan muktaH sa ucyate

If one has got sincere desire to serve KRSNa in any position, in any body, in any circumstance, he is jIvan-mukta. That is paramahaMsa. JIvan-mukta means although he's living in this body, he's paramahaMsa. He has nothing to do with this body. He has everything to do with KRSNa.

So we have to take shelter of such person. Therefore it is said, pada-yugAlaya-haMsa-saGgaH. A devotee who is always living under the protection, shelter, of KRSNa's lotus feet, like haMsa... HaMsa, you'll find, they enjoy. When there is a lotus they go down within the water and entangle with the stems of the lotus flower. There is a prayer by Mukunda, Mukunda-mala-stotra. Adyaiva me mAnasa-haMsaH, like that. Just now I forget. So our mind should be trained up like haMsa who entangles himself with the stem of lotus flower. So we have to take shelter of this haMsa. Pada-yugAlaya-haMsa-saGgaH. Unless we associate with such haMsa who has nothing to do with this material world, who has taken the cream of the material, KRSNa, such haMsa, if we become his servant... GopI-bhartur pada-kamalayo dAsa-dAsa-dAsAnudAsa. Then it will be successful. Pada-yugAlaya-haMsa-saGgaH. Then it will be possible. If we associate with haMsa, pure devotees, then our life will be successful. AJjas titarmi. Very easily we shall cross over this ocean of nescience. There is another verse like that. BhavAmbudhir vatsa-padaM paraM padaM padaM padaM yad vipadaM na teSAm. SamAzritA ye pada-pallava-plavam. The same thing, differently expressed.

samAzritA ye pada-pallava-plavaM

mahat-padaM puNya-yazo murAreH

bhavAmbudhir vatsa-padaM paraM padam...

BhavAmbudhiH, this great ocean of nescience in which we are now fallen and very much struggling for existence, exactly just like if you are thrown in the ocean, you may be a very good swimmer, but the condition is very dangerous... You'll have to struggle. You cannot say, "I am a good swimmer. I shall be very easily able to cross over the ocean." No. That's not possible. But if you take the shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, samAzritA ye pada-pallava-plavam... Anyone who has taken shelter of the lotus feet of KRSNa... What is that lotus feet? Mahat-padam. It is... It is the shelter of the whole material creation, Mahat-tattva. Mahat-tattva. From mahat-tattva, the total material energy... That is called mahat-tattva. From mahat-tattva the whole cosmic manifestation has come. Therefore the lotus feet of KRSNa means there is also mahat-tattva, many, many mahat-tattva. SamAzritA ye pada-pallava-plavam mahat-padaM puNya-yazo murAreH. MurAri. KRSNa's another name is MurAri. PuNya-yazaH, always... PavitraM paramaM bhavAn. Then this... BhavAmbudhir vatsa-padam. This great ocean of nescience becomes a small spot of water as it is made by the footprint of the calves, vatsa-padam.

So PrahlAda MahArAja, in the previous verse he describes what is the position of this material world, yasmAt priyApriya-yoga-viyoga: simply lamentation. Sometimes we are so-called happy by getting the desirable things, and mostly we are unhappy, associating with undesirable things. So in order to save ourself from these opposing elements, the best thing is suggested. So 'haM priyasya suhRdaH paradevatAyA lIlA-kathAs. Let us be engaged always chanting the, or reading the pastimes of the Lord, lIlA-kathA. If you read SrImad-BhAgavatam, then it is full of lIlA-kathA, the pastimes of Lord KRSNa. So that is the only way to get out of the miserable condition of this material world.

[...]

Many groups offer us benediction: Sridhara Maharaja's successor Govinda Maharaja, Tripurari, Narasingha, Siddhaswarupananda, Narayana Maharaja, Puri Maharaja - all immediately come to mind. There is no scarcity of Caitanya's mercy at this time of good fortune.

Perhaps associating with their words, sounds, and sentiment over the internet first will attract you to the one(s) who can best take you from here to there.

Guest guest

I think the World Vaisnava Association is an umbrella org of Gaudiya Vaisnavism non-ISKCON groups.

BTW I have heard nothing but good things about Varsana Dham in Texas, for that person who found shelter there. Good 4 u!

Hare Krishna!

Hello to all the nice devotees on this forum, please accept my humble obeisances.

I do not want to get involved with any kind of sectarianism or groupism but I would like- and need- some nice vaisnava association. Please can someone tell me of any nice vaisnava groups or associations?

Thank you very much.

Mira.

Mira, a bit more information about your experience on the path of bhakti so far would be nice!

Guest guest

Namaste Mira,

And to all the honorable vaisnavas and vaisnavis I offer my respects.

We all get the association we need or deserve, so if you are true to yourself you will no doubt be directed to birds of the same feather.

Where actually are you geographicly?

It's very rare that a sanga of souls seeking purification and devotional engagement through each others company will ever be perfect as a whole. In these troubled times we live, all are lacking complete harmony, but we have to understand what our goals, both short and long term are, to see if a particular group meets what you are searching for. All roads don't lead to Vrndavan. There are so many groups to choose from that come in the Name of Krsna, others in the name of Vishnu, Hindhuism ,Tantra, Gaudiya etc.

Then even within different devotional lines you will have different areas and countries that have different moods according to their samskaras or adikhara of the sadhakas who practice there.

Then there is the chemistry of the devotees, are they one in purpose, is their focus more on the deity or the welfare of it's practicioners, or guru? Will that gurus teachings sit easy in your heart?

Are their dealings affectionate, humble, honorable, tolerant, compassionate? There are so many tangibles in choosing association, it's not always cut and dry. Then there are those who try to freely associate with a number of groups, remaining independant.

So we have to decide what feels comfortable and at the same time progressive for your spiritual development. And always by their fruits you will know who is good, joyous and dynamic company.

I hope my answer hasn't confused you any more.

All the best in finding your suitable company.

Hare Krishna

Hare Krishna!

Thank you very much.

Mira.

Quite frankly, I would say that your aspiration to find a camp or group of devotees without any "sectarianism or groupism" is a pipedream.

Even the so-called anti-ISKCON or other-than-ISKCON or other than Gaudiya Math camps and groups all have plenty of "sectarianism or groupism".

There is even rivalry between different camps of gopis in Goloka, so if you want to escape all "sectarianism or groupism", then you have become a spark of light in brahmajyoti and become impersonalist.

It's really just a matter of which "sectarianism or groupism" you choose to align yourself with, because "sectarianism or groupism" is universal......... like it or not.:crying2::eek2:

Guest guest

I like gHari's suggestion. He mentioned some names of various Sadhus, (I could also add Sripad B.B. Tirtha Maharaja, and Sripad Paramadvaiti Maharaja), and you could read their respective writings on the Internet to find out if there is a heart attraction and if the devotees affiliated with a particular Sanga are "affectionate and like-minded", and hopefully nonsectarian and respectful of other bona fide preaching missions. There may also be a few Iskcon Temples that are nonsectarian and allow devotees from other Maths to associate and reside. I have heard that the Temple in Utah, managed by Caru prabhu, is one such Temple. Perhaps the Vancouver and Alachua communities, as well.

Best wishes on your path.

I would just like to add that this problem of "sectarianism or groupism" can be a very sneaky trick of maya to keep you away from Krishna consciousness and devotee association.

Best thing to do is to just overlook the "sectarianism or groupism" that you might see in any group of devotees and take advantage of the positive side that they are devotees glorifying the Lord.

Take the nectar and leave aside the impurities.

Hare Krishna!

Thank you very much.

Mira.

By looking non-iskcon vaisnava association you have already involved yourself in sectarianism and groupism.

Guest guest

In April 1967 NYC this statement was made by the founder of ISKCON:

"The so-called followers of the Hindu religion are ALL USELESS DRIED-UP BRANCHES of the Vedic religion."

That doesn't leave much room for learning from others.

So it is possible that someone might be able to learn alot from Swami Maharaja, his disciples, and the respected readers on this forum.

But perhaps they also would like to learn from other followers of the Hindu religion and doesn't think that they are all useless and dried up.

In April 1967 NYC this statement was made by the founder of ISKCON:

"The so-called followers of the Hindu religion are ALL USELESS DRIED-UP BRANCHES of the Vedic religion."

That doesn't leave much room for learning from others.

So it is possible that someone might be able to learn alot from Swami Maharaja, his disciples, and the respected readers on this forum.

But perhaps they also would like to learn from other followers of the Hindu religion and doesn't think that they are all useless and dried up.

There is no such thing as "Hindu religion".

The "followers of Swami Maharaja" to the Gaudiya Vaishnava dharma that was inaugurated by Sri Chaitanyadev and codified by his followers.

If "Hindu religion" can shed any light on the teachings of Mahaprabhu and the works of the great Goswamis, then that might be acceptable.

The Vedas, Puranas and Itihasas do not describe any such thing as "Hindu religion".

Hare Krishna!

Thank you very much.

Mira.

Its not following this sect or that sect. Its about following the spiritual masters who have been referred by the scriptures. Isckon spiritual master Sri Lord Sirikrishna chaitanya has been referred in the scriptures (so are his followers, obviously). So if you want the real bhakthi you can find here. However, there are other lines like Sripada Madhwa, Sri ramanuja sects, which are also genuine ones. So its up you to follow. But, to say in that manner " NON-ISKCON " would irk some particular vaishnawas. And offending any vaishnawa wouldnt serve the purpose of serving Krishna.

You have come to this forum, its nice now try to get as much as possible without offending any Vaishnawas...

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

Progressive advancement

Srila Sridhara Maharaj

When I first came to the mission I thought, “The transcendental truths that I hear from these devotees do not come within the clutches of worldly intelligence, but still, when I want to throw myself into that association, I shall use my reason and intellect as far as possible understanding that I am going to jump into something which will be beyond my control, beyond my calculation.” So we must carefully understand what sraddha is, with guidance from saints, scriptures and gurus.

Of course even if we are going the right way, it is never certain that the path will be free from obstacles. Even if we are making progress, unexpected hindrances may trouble us and delay our advancement. Though we see many around us falling or retreating, we must go forward. We should have the conviction to think that although many began with us on the path and are now going back, we shall have to go on. We shall have to strengthen our energy and go forward-alone if necessary. Our faith should be so strong that we have the conviction to go on alone if necessary and by the grace of Our Lord cross whatever difficulties we find on our way. In this way we must make ourselves fit. We must develop exclusive devotion. Of course we shall always try to find good association. Yet sometimes it may seem that there is no association, that we are alone. Still we must go on and search out the beacon light of the truth.

Progress means eliminating one thing and accepting another. Yet we should be able to see that there are so many others who can help us in our progress in the line of dedication; we must go forward with our eyes open. And the scriptures describe many levels that we shall have to cross beyond in our progress. By elimination, the path of progress is shown from Brahma to Siva to Laksmi. At last Uddhava is shown to be superior to all, but it is his opinion that the gopis are the highest devotees.

And those whose goal is one and the same as our own conviction should be embraced.

Guest guest

Continued

My Sympathetic Friends

Krishna states: “When one comes to realize I am the highest dispenser and controller but friendly to all, only then can you find peace.”

The ultimate authority is my guardian, He is my sympathetic friend. It is there that I can live in peace without any apprehension of any future injustice to me. Many guardians, many gurus, the vaisnavas are our guru, all well-wishers, so I cannot but be safe, so many sympathetic eyes are looking over me, I am quite safe in that plane. We must not be afraid of guru, simply because we think we have to obey him, thinking whatever he says I am to carry that out, and it will be a very risky life if I cannot do that, I may commit offense, our true guardians will dissolve all fear not create it. So this unfortunate apprehension may come. But if we can get out of this plane of exploitation, this world where everyone is eager to exploit us, there will be no such apprehension. It is the opposite there, and we want to live in that world of affectionate joyous dealings where everyone wants to help one another, so there is no such apprehension of being attacked from the enemy camp, all are friendly, especially so many interested gurus taking special care of us. No self-interested persons, all are God-interested with common interest, not exploiters coming in the name of guru. That is the plane of harmony, common interest and it is for all. SSM

Of course we shall always try to find good association. Yet sometimes it may seem that there is no association, that we are alone. Still we must go on and search out the beacon light of the truth. Srila Sridhara Maharaja quoted by guest.

Great words.

Yet we should be able to see that there are so many others who can help us in our progress in the line of dedication; we must go forward with our eyes open. Srila Sridhara Maharaja quoted by guest.

Sometimes this is all we have. Those in the line of dedication to look to! Even if we do not have one fellow being to stand with us on the journey, we can hang in there with the words and example of the saints.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja's words are so inspiring. Maybe we never really were alone. I am sure our Well-wisher will never leave us.

Guest guest

Furthermore from SSM

Jealousy equals offence

Try to utilize every atom there for that common interest where there is no jealousy, for this jealousy is the root cause of offensive behavior. Still in the highest stage of service we may find a form of a particular jealousy, but that is creating a refined drama, a necessary part to enhance our service, a special design for the promotion of service. Competition is also there but for Krishna’s satisfaction. Here competition is for different interest, there competition is for one interest - God. So once again service is the real positive thing, it is all important, and if I can only enter deep into that, with no calculation, weighing up our reward, nor thinking my effort so grand, I am doing so much, but in a plain simple way you will give yourself wholesale, without consideration of loss and gain, or law, without caring for any relativity, any dualistic existence, absolute surrender, only the aspiration for service, service and more service. Try to enter into the depth of it, in different forms, santa, dasya, sakya,vatsalya, madhurya. By serving alone, can we attract that highest Truth personified in different peculiar relationships. He is ecstasy personified, He is tasting Himself, Krishna is tasting Himself, His own rasa, His inner Self, but the devotees of different types extract rasa from within Him serving a movement in that rasa and then distribute it at large. They are distributing widely towards the external sphere, so they are our real friends, the devotees, the shakti, the potency.

If we can be grateful to the devotees for the fulfillment of our life, that potency will take us and accept us eventually, to be a part of His family, not to be dealt with like an outsider or a guest. No, our own final entrance into a position of service in the world of the highest form of divinity, simplicity, sweetness and magnanimity. So many things of the highest order are to be found there in ample magnitude.

Oh My Saviors

Our Guru Maharaj Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Prabhpad on the occasion of his appearance day gave this address to his disciples beginning, “Oh, my dear friends and saviors, you have come to deliver me from great danger through your devotional faith. It is very difficult to make a journey alone but you have come to help with my journey in the infinite by your precious engagement. You are so many extensions of my guru. Those of you who have come to hear about Krishna, your position is not insignificant, but grace and sukrti is there in you and you have all come to help me in my realization of Krishna, rescuing me from the dangerous position I have fallen in.” How exquisitely skillful he presented the philosophy there, of how the position of guru is in service to his disciples. Externally disciples appear to be the servants, but internally we can see guru serving his disciples trying to make them fit for the service of Krishna.

The First Shall be the Last

This is the strategy of remaining in the relativity of the highest quarter of service to Krishna. Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakur wanted us to teach in this way. He ordered for a cottage to be built at Govardhan stressing, “I shall live there, but I am not fit to live in Radha-kund. My guru, Gaur Kishore das Babaji, Bhaktivinode Thakur and others they are fit to serve there but we shall go and serve them in the next lower position and there we shall stay.” Otherwise, if we think we are in the highest quarter that will vanish from us. Only from a lower respectable position can we have that vision. This is the right attitude.

From a respectable distance we can have some view of that wonderful thing, this is a peculiar principle. It is like espionage, like watching someone from a distance to get a clearer picture of the person’s activity. So in approaching direct He may vanish from our vision. Krishna is also playing like that in a stealthful way. The play is in a particular order and in that way we can have the highest experience of the ontological truth. As if by chance the Truth in person comes to us and accepts us suddenly, we can’t find Him, but He can find us for He is the Absolute Autocrat. Whenever whimsically He comes to give His connection to me then I can have that, He is never within my clutches. All comes by His sweet will.

posted by madhura

Guest guest

mac-citta mad-gata-prana, bodhayantah parasparam

kathayantas ca mam nityam, tusyanti ca ramanti ca,

The devotee, one whose life is surrendered to Krishna, is always enjoying "great satisfaction and bliss" and he is constantly "enlightened", always positive, not negative as you say. The advanced devotee is the friend of everyone: yoga-yukto visuddhatma, purified soul engaged in loving devotional service to Krishna, sarvabhutatmabhutatma, he is dear to everyone and everyone is dear to him; and in another place Krishna claims that: yo mad bhakta sa me priya, that His devotee who is very dear to Him, advesta sarva-bhutanam, maitah karuna eva ca, is not envious but is the kind friend to all living entities. The devotee is supposed to be, furthermore, equal to everyone, panditah sama-darsinah, never discriminating; this one good, this one bad, no.

Srila A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad

Great words.

Sometimes this is all we have. Those in the line of dedication to look to! Even if we do not have one fellow being to stand with us on the journey, we can hang in there with the words and example of the saints.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja's words are so inspiring. Maybe we never really were alone. I am sure our Well-wisher will never leave us.

"They are My heart and I am theirs"

So wherever they are so He will be too, likewise wherever He is they won't be far off'

There are many branches of the creeper of devotion sowed my Mahaprabhu. Please do not fall prey to the idea that the only true devotees of Yugal Sarkaar must be members of Gaudiya Vaishnavism or its offshoot ISKCON. Although I have met many wonderful devotees in both organizations, I could never buy into their exclusivism.

Any satsang will have some sense of identity and groupism. If it is a true satsang, they will be following the teachings of a God-Realized Guru. This of course will create in the not-yet-pure hearts of the satsangees some sense of seperateness and superiority. But a true God-Realized Saint will never insult other Gurus or other Paths to any of God's many Personalities.

As one grows in the path of devotion, he/she will begin to transcend the sense of sectarianism and superiority.

I suggest you seek out and attend various satsangs with different teachings with an open mind. But at the same time, in total privacy in your home, shed tears of longing and plead to the Lord to bring you to your Guru. Your Guru already knows you. It requires the tears of love and longing to purify your heart so you will recognize your Guru when you find him or her.

As my beloved Guru, Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj Ji has stated:

"guru mile kripaa rijhavaar, guru kripaa mile sarakaar"

"The Guru is attained through the Grace of God, and God can be reached only through the Grace of the Guru."

And we need a Guru because:

"guru patitana som kara pyaar, hari nirmala mana ko yar"

"God accepts the one who has become pure, but the Guru embraces and loves sinners."

If you can find a satsang of Maharaj Ji's devotees, please meet with them. You may also find a Barsana Dham satsang, devotees of one of Maharaj Ji's pracharaks - Swami Prakashanand.

Just keep searching for God. There are many Gurus, each guiding you to God along an outwardly different looking path. But ultimately, you must choose one Guru and one path. This doesn't make you sectarian, just practical.

But be careful, there a 100 fakes for every one true Guru. Only by praying tearfully to God to show you your Guru will you find Him.

Guest guest

There are many wonderful words of wisdom on this thread. One dear Guru stated that the Internet is a boon from the Gods.

The powerful and uplifting thoughts on this thread, stated from various angles of vision, sparkle like a well-cut jewel with each author revealing a different beautiful facet of the Divine: full of heart-felt appreciation for cherished, valued mentors and supportive, dynamic cohorts on the Path.