IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rohit2

New-Age Religions

Rate this topic

How did these new-age religions came about?

In India, People way back in the old days probably just worshipped God Krishna &/or Rama (& some demigods)

Is it because "lost" people wanted guidance from say a Sami or Baba or Sadhu etc..?

and therefore this led to the formation of a new cult or religion headed by these swami's/sadhu's and their successors.. I'm just curious!!

Hare Krsna

Respect to All

How did these new-age religions came about?

In India, People way back in the old days probably just worshipped God Krishna &/or Rama (& some demigods)

Is it because "lost" people wanted guidance from say a Sami or Baba or Sadhu etc..?

and therefore this led to the formation of a new cult or religion headed by these swami's/sadhu's and their successors.. I'm just curious!!

Hare Krsna

Respect to All

Don't worry, you are already in oldest religion i.e. Vaisnavism. If you are looking some new stuff contact those Babas you already knowing.

Don't worry, you are already in oldest religion i.e. Vaisnavism. If you are looking some new stuff contact those Babas you already knowing.

Dear Srimanta,

I am sorry, but I don't think you understood the English in the way I wrote earlier. I apologise!

Let me Make it very easy for you.

In a respectful manner - How did these new-age religions/Cults/Sects whatever you want to call it (e.g. swaminarayan, sai baba, etc.) came about? I am not being disrespective whatsoever, I am merely asking a question!

Srimanta, Like I Say, I Respect All Relegions, Cults, Sects etc. as long as they do their own thing & not impose their believes on others.

By the way, Asking a question DOES NOT simply imply that I'm looking to join such new-age religions/sects/cults etc.

So Srimanta, In what part of my question made you think I am "looking some new stuff" as you put it?

Hare Krsna!

Respect to All

Dear Srimanta,

I am sorry, but I don't think you understood the English in the way I wrote earlier. I apologise!

In a respectful manner - How did these new-age religions/Cults/Sects whatever you want to call it (e.g. swaminarayan, sai baba, etc.) came about? I am not being disrespective whatsoever, I am merely asking a question!

Srimanta, Like I Say, I Respect All Relegions, Cults, Sects etc. as long as they do their own thing & not impose their believes on others.

By the way, Asking a question DOES NOT simply imply that I'm looking to join such new-age religions/sects/cults etc.

So Srimanta, In what part of my question made you think I am "looking some new stuff" as you put it?

Hare Krsna!

Respect to All

Don't respect other mayawadi religions. If you are Vaisnava then only respect Krsna and Chitannya Mohaprabhu. Follow the teaching of Prabhupada and you will be delivered.

Don't respect other mayawadi religions. If you are Vaisnava then only respect Krsna and Chitannya Mohaprabhu. Follow the teaching of Prabhupada and you will be delivered.

Srimanata, you seem to be hypocrite.

If you recall what you wrote in a previous post titled "What are the qualities of a guru you can trust"

You wrote:-

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=624 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>Originally Posted by Srimanta

I was chanting Narayana from my birth and Lord Chaitannya visited me after my birth and also later. I was looking for Narayana. Sathya Sai Baba (later revealed to me) who came to my work place at Bangalore 10 yrs back and initiated me keeping His identity secret with Hare Krsna mohamantra and told me that I am His Chela. During this initiation I did not asked His identity but He given me hints saying, come to my Ashram at Whitefield though I forgotten. Later many demigods including Krsna, Chaitannya and Narayana gave darshan to me.

So Sathya Sai Baba is prefect spiritual Guru and Narayana Himself. I had seen His subtle Body as Narayana. Sathya Sai Baba's birth name is Sathya Narayana and Sirdi Sai Baba worshiped Narayana to get His blessing and Sirdi Sai entered within the body of Sathya Narayana and became Sathya Sai Baba. Sirdi Sai was Lord Shiva Himself.

So there is no doubt that anybody who worships Sathya Sai Baba will get blessing of Shiva and Narayana both. Sathya Sai Baba is authorized Guru by lord Krsna and every body must get His blessing, if possible initiation of Hare Krsna mohamantra.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My Reply to you was:-

What on earth are you talking about?

Firstly, If you choose Sathya Sai Baba as your guru that is your choice.

BUT don't make WILD assumptions...

Who on earth told you Sai baba is Narayana Himself (apart from himself)

I do not recall any description of KRSNA in any scriptures relating/authorizing himself in any form to Sai Baba.

Though, I am glad to hear like you say, you had darshan from Krsna, Chaitannya and Narayana. and you are very lucky as KRSNA is not a demigod but Godhead himself.. count your blessing!

If you recall what you wrote in a previous post titled "What are the qualities of a guru you can trust"

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=624 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#ffffff>Originally Posted by Srimanta

I was chanting Narayana from my birth and Lord Chaitannya visited me after my birth and also later. I was looking for Narayana. Sathya Sai Baba (later revealed to me) who came to my work place at Bangalore 10 yrs back and initiated me keeping His identity secret with Hare Krsna mohamantra and told me that I am His Chela. During this initiation I did not asked His identity but He given me hints saying, come to my Ashram at Whitefield though I forgotten. Later many demigods including Krsna, Chaitannya and Narayana gave darshan to me.

So Sathya Sai Baba is prefect spiritual Guru and Narayana Himself. I had seen His subtle Body as Narayana. Sathya Sai Baba's birth name is Sathya Narayana and Sirdi Sai Baba worshiped Narayana to get His blessing and Sirdi Sai entered within the body of Sathya Narayana and became Sathya Sai Baba. Sirdi Sai was Lord Shiva Himself.

So there is no doubt that anybody who worships Sathya Sai Baba will get blessing of Shiva and Narayana both. Sathya Sai Baba is authorized Guru by lord Krsna and every body must get His blessing, if possible initiation of Hare Krsna mohamantra.

I do not recall any description of KRSNA in any scriptures relating/authorizing himself in any form to Sai Baba.

Though, I am glad to hear like you say, you had darshan from Krsna, Chaitannya and Narayana. and you are very lucky as KRSNA is not a demigod but Godhead himself.. count your blessing!

Sathya Sai Baba did not gave me Narayana Mantra and He did not told me that He is Sathya Sai Baba who initited me.

The Mantra was given Hare Krsna Mohamantra and I searched my Guru through this mantra. Atlast I found that the unknown Guru was Sathya Sai Baba.

So it is the seed of Lord Gouranga Mohaprabhu which sprout within me and shows me that Lord Gouranga Mohaprabhu is primary owner of this seed and Sathya Sai Baba is secondary owner of this seed.

So to me Lord Hari who is Lord Gouranga Moahaprabhu is my supreme Lord. And Stahya Sai Baba as initiating Guru and by whose mercy I come to know about Guru and Moha Guru (Prabhu and Mohaprabhu).

So to me Moahprabhu is the supreme personality of Godhead and Sathya Sai Baba as initiating Guru is Narayana as of today.

But definitely by mercy of Lord Gouranga Mohaprabhu to whom I yesterday talked and come to know that if Sathya Sai Baba continues services to Lord Gouranaga Mohaprabhu then He will get Vishnu Pada means become Lord Vishnu.

That is the last conversation I had with Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu yesterday.

But as a whole I am serving both Sathay Sai Baba and Mohaprabhu in the name of Lord Krsna Chaitannya Mohaprabhu

Srimanta,

Oh Ok, I understand...

That is very intriguing & good to hear this.

Hare Krsna

Respect to all.

Even if a crow carries one seed of Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu and plants on a fertile soil that sprouts a tree and grows, that crow becomes associate of Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu for His causeless mercy.

So anybody can plant the seed given by Chaitanny Mohaprabhu just like Lord Sai Baba did for me unknowingly and I found the seed giver as well as Supreme Personality of Godhead Mohaprabhu.

So everybody should plant this Hare Krsna seed as many as places He could by following the instruction by Mohaprabhu as

"Jare dekho tare kaho Krishna Upadesh"

Means whomever you see talk about Krsna only

Guest guest

Even if a crow carries one seed of Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu and plants on a fertile soil that sprouts a tree and grows, that crow becomes associate of Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu for His causeless mercy.

So anybody can plant the seed given by Chaitanny Mohaprabhu just like Lord Sai Baba did for me unknowingly and I found the seed giver as well as Supreme Personality of Godhead Mohaprabhu.

So everybody should plant this Hare Krsna seed as many as places He could by following the instruction by Mohaprabhu as

"Jare dekho tare kaho Krishna Upadesh"

Means whomever you see talk about Krsna only

Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu also says that without Sampradaya all endeavors for perfection is fruitless, so in order for someone to be Guru, he needs to be linked through a Guru- discipline Parampara line all the way to the Lord Himself. Anyone else is a show bottle Guru or a mental speculator, it takes more than reading holy books to become a Guru. Guru is an experienced and trained personality for years.

Presently in India, so many gullible people who dont know shastra worship this God and that God, all it takes is a magician who has some siddhis go to India with some teaching of Bhagavad Gita and some eloquent speech, and people just applaud. yeah follow the mass why dont we?

Many leaders do amazing things that touch their followers deeply but that doesnt make them bona fide or God, but it makes them good people, in this way its good to make distinctions because scriptures themselves do. The scriptures designates everything as tattvas.

Guest guest

Please provide evidence from scripture that Sai Baba has the seed in the first place. We are imperfect so we cannot say who has the seed, only the word of God can make that claim through scriptures.

There is evidence in scriptures for all bona fide gurus from all 4 sampradayas, but where is the evidence that supports your claim?

Guest guest

Note that we are on a Hinduism forum.

Please provide evidence from scripture that Sai Baba has the seed in the first place. We are imperfect so we cannot say who has the seed, only the word of God can make that claim through scriptures.

Since you are imperfect, how can you confidently say your approach of authenticity in scriptures is correct? Perhaps, the scriptures you hold in high regard were written by ordinary (read imperfect) people like yourself. Since you are imperfect, you have no way of knowing and since you cannot know for sure that your approach is 100% correct, you cannot find fault in others based on an uncertain premise.

Hence, it is possible for Sathya Sai Baba to be an authentic Guru and you as an imperfect person are unqualified to challenge his authenticity as any argument you make will also be imperfect

There is evidence in scriptures for all bona fide gurus from all 4 sampradayas, but where is the evidence that supports your claim?

Nonsense. There is no evidence for 4 bonafide sampradayas. Ironically, this is a claim that the adherents of these four sampradayas never make and they openly reject such a claim as they all hold that any sampradaya other than their own is not authentic. Since these four sampradayas reject such a claim, an indirect sampradaya arguing in support for such a concept is ridiculous.

You are in no position to be demanding evidence for the authenticity of other Gurus. If you wish to proselytize, you have to be better prepared than this.

Om

Guest guest

By your definition your argument is imperfect too. There are so many charges on Sai Baba, what he has done with the kids, there is a whole documentary on it.

And by the way I acknowledge I am imperfect so I just follow scriptures written by Ved Vyas who is a incarnation of Vishnu Himself, so says the scriptures, the scriptures also clearly elaborate that the Guru must recieve the seed in the first place in order to give it. I was asking where he got the seed from, thats all. Where is the evidence? And how does the guru system link to God himself. No real guru will call himself God. So I am imperfect, so I approach Guru who coming from a guru disciple link is simply repeating the Lord's instructions, there is evidence that there are 4 sampradayas and this is acknowledge through Ramanuja, Nimbark, Vallabha and Madhva, on the authorities of these acharyas one can comfortably say what is guru and what is not. I am simply repeating and you are right I am imperfect and this is why I am repeating not stating opinions and interpretations like some people who dont know anything.

The paradox is:

The premise you provided has a flaw, you said if I am correctly saying that man is imperfect, this would mean I would say your argument is also imperfect, so hence...no conclusion...no I am not saying that we are codemned to imperfection, we too can become perfect if we follow parampara, this is the role of spirituality and vedic education. We must first accept bona fide representatives who are backed up by scriptures. The reason God established sampradayas is because he wanted to understand in a certain way. You probably know that sankrit words can be intrepreted in many ways, any tom dick or harry can go and learn sanskrit and come out with his own imperfect conclusion, the 4 schools defeats this problem by an age old tradition. The scriptures say this clearly, no interpretation is needed here, Guru that has a link to God via their Gurus - simple for the simple, complicated for the complicated.

Hinduism is a word given to us my the muslims, there is evidence for that, this word is not even in our scriptures, we must become shastric before arguing on logic because fact is another form of opinion and if we dont provide evidence its all opinion.

Whether Sai Baba is guru or not is still open, we arent for sure, so we take the safer option which is to surrender to a guru from these 4 schooling authorities. A guru can be determined by his saintly qualities and he definately doesnt say he is god, that is a prerequisite.

Note that we are on a Hinduism forum.

Since you are imperfect, how can you confidently say your approach of authenticity in scriptures is correct? Perhaps, the scriptures you hold in high regard were written by ordinary (read imperfect) people like yourself. Since you are imperfect, you have no way of knowing and since you cannot know for sure that your approach is 100% correct, you cannot find fault in others based on an uncertain premise.

Hence, it is possible for Sathya Sai Baba to be an authentic Guru and you as an imperfect person are unqualified to challenge his authenticity as any argument you make will also be imperfect

Nonsense. There is no evidence for 4 bonafide sampradayas. Ironically, this is a claim that the adherents of these four sampradayas never make and they openly reject such a claim as they all hold that any sampradaya other than their own is not authentic. Since these four sampradayas reject such a claim, an indirect sampradaya arguing in support for such a concept is ridiculous.

You are in no position to be demanding evidence for the authenticity of other Gurus. If you wish to proselytize, you have to be better prepared than this.

Om

Guest guest

Dear Srimanta,

Hare Krsna!

Respect to All

swaminarayan is not a cult. it's a legit vaishnava sect.

all religions r pure

vaisnava....u very well know

sikhs....guru nanak wrote....madhusudan mere man tan prana

muslims....shiekh baba bulleh shah........

wah khuda teri karam nivaazi seelay ko saula kar dia

ja ko nirdhan tha sudama bande se maula kar dia.

christ.....u also know i think

radhe

Guest guest

Honestly i want to tell that Sathya Sai Baba is not really a guru BUT A FAKE GODMAN. Truthfully, he is not the incarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba. (Shirdi Sai Baba was a very good guru and the greatest.) Sathya came to the Earth from the low demigods kingdom but not the vaikuntha. He is here to cheat and fool the people. he uses wonderful miracles to fool them. so be careful. Always seek the Hindu Trinity namely God Brahma, God Vishnu Krishna and God Shiva. Always practise chanting the mantras of these Gods.

Really Sathya often chants these mantras in front of the people. But his heart never trusts in these gods.

I am very sorry to write these messgs. I wrote this bcoz i heard that a boy was cheated by Sathya.

THis boy said that he went to him, sathya locked him in the door and opened his pants and pressed his genitals illegally. it brought him great depression.

It is an evil act. Isn't? Also, there are some complaints against him.

Please be careful.

Mata Amritanandamayi and Sri Sri Ravi shankar are nice people.

Quote: