IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bija

Differences of opinion

Rate this topic

Caitanya-Bhagavata Madhya-khanda

Translation by Sarvabhavana dasa pg 295-296

Spoken by Vrindavan Dasa Thakura...

The Vaisnava devotees of the Lord are eternally pure and realized souls. Sometimes there are differences of opinion amongst them, which might appear like arguments. However, in fact, there is an amazing relationship between devotees. Foolish rascals, who do not understand this exchange, praise one Vaisnava and denounce the other. Such a mentality will lead to destruction of faith and knowledge.......Such foolish persons do not know what is most beneficial for them. To criticize a Vaisnava devotee is a thousand times more sinful than offending an ordinary living entity.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy and distribution of love of Godhead is overwhelmingly unlimited. But he considers it a grave sin to criticize His devotees, especially criticism of Nityananda Prabhu.

In dealing with devotees, I would hope to be able keep the above verses constantly in the forefront of my mind, and raise myself above the neophyte devotee stage. To be able to appreciate the transcendental relationship of devotees, even with apparent differences of opinion.

Caitanya Bhagavata Madhya-khanda chapter 5

Text 137

All the Vaishnavas are eternally pure and full of transcendental knowledge. Sometimes you may see that they disagree about some point. There disagreements are only their pastimes.

Text 138

Persons who do not understand this find that their intelligence becomes destroyed. Persons who praise one Vaishnava and criticize another perish.

Text 139

This is described in the following words of Sri Narada Purana:

abhyarcayitva pratimasu vishnum

nindan jane sarva-gatam tam eva

abhyarcya padau hi dvijasya murdhni

druhyann ivajno narakam prayati

"A fool who worships the Deity of Lord Vishnu but blasphemes the Supersoul present in all beings, or who worships the feet of a brahmana, but then attacks the brahmana's head, goes to hell."

Text 140

Therefore, you should stay far away from persons whose talk harms the Vaishnavas and from persons who givepain to ordinary living entities.

Text 141

A person who gives pain to other living beings and then worships Lord Vishnu, worships in vain. In death he suffers.

Text 142

A person attached to material things may, unaware that Lord Vishnu is the Supersoul present in everyone's heart, still worship Lord Vishnu.

Text 143

On the one hand he washes a brahmana's feet, and on the other hand he kicks the brahmana's head.

Text 144

How can such a person attain auspiciousness for even a moment? What will become of him? Please think about this in your heart.

Text 145

Blaspheming a Vaishnava is a hundred times more sinful than harming an ordinary living being.

Text 146

A person who faithfully worships the Deity of the Lord, but then neither respects the devotees nor shows mercy to the fallen conditioned souls is a degraded fool.

Text 147

Such a person worships one incarnation of the Lord but does not worship the other incarnations. He thinks that Lord Krishna and Lord Ramacandra are different persons.

Text 148

The scriptures affirm that a devotee who has no love and devotion for Lord Balarama is the lowest of devotees.

Text 149

This is described in the following words of Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.2.47):

arcayam eva haraye

pujam yah sraddhayehate

na tad-bhakteshu canyeshu

sa bhaktah prakritah smritah

"A prakrta or materialistic devotee does not purposefully study the sastra and try to understand the actual standard of pure devotional service. Consequently he does not show proper respect to advanced devotees. He may, however, follow the regulative principles learned from his spiritual master or from his family who worships the Deity. He is to be considered on the material platform, although he is trying to advance in devotional service. Such a person is a bhakta-praya (neophyte devotee), or bhaktabhasa, for he is a little enlightened by Vaishnava philosophy."*

A muni is said to be able to continue finding arguments for both sides of a question inexhaustibly, without reaching a conclusion.

Perhaps we should strive only for the truth - not for ownership of the victory of one or another posture. Then differences of opinion can become less agitating.

[Note to self: take your writings to heart too, my friend. If guru moves your fingers, then the eyes, mind and heart must respect their service]

A muni is said to be able to continue finding arguments for both sides of a question inexhaustibly, without reaching a conclusion.

Perhaps we should strive only for the truth - not for ownership of the victory of one or another posture. Then differences of opinion can become less agitating.

[Note to self: take your writings to heart too, my friend. If guru moves your fingers, then the eyes, mind and heart must respect their service]

The key point is Vaisanava is eternally pure who is engaged devotional services to Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu. Those who make argument they always may not be Vaisanava.

So you have to realize that whether the argument is how to serve better Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu or something related to material nature. If material nature defeat that argument with your whole strength. Vaisanava never gets defeated in Philosophy since it is related to Supreme Personality of Godhead

[Note to self: take your writings to heart too, my friend. If guru moves your fingers, then the eyes, mind and heart must respect their service]quote by gHari

That is so very beautiful gHari. So beautiful!

differences of opinion exist even among the topmost gopis. if we all thought the same, why would Shyam like it?

what counts is true service and devotion. who cares if we disagree even on siddhanta? quote by Kulapavana

This is how I feel also. Difference of opinion exists among the gopis,( )why would Shyam like it? In our heart of hearts, we know why Prabhu.

Personally my teachers approach is somewhat unique and different, and other other Gaudiya's tend to disagree with the siddhanta in some areas. A couple of years ago this was such an issue for me, considering my spiritual qualification (a young one).

But by following instructions my heart began to awaken to spiritual feelings and faith as never before (steadiness). Similar feelings and taste (devotion) as other (gaudiya) devotees were experiencing. The path to love of Godhead slowly awakening. I find it very interesting to see the subtle differences and moods of different Guru's and their spiritual children. Especially reading their writings. The Gaudiya tradition will surely grow and grow for many centuries to come, I am sure.

So I really appreciate alot of your perspective on things Kulapavana.

The main teaching that has been pressed home to me over the last few years is to be very careful about blaspheming a devotee. It is ironic though isn't it....the magnanimous advanced devotee never considers offence! His heart is completely generous and he even wishes never to disturb the mind of any living entity. A true friend of the fallen.

In a higher sense I feel, that the advanced devotee, because of spiritual vision, never takes offence. But if my critical mind wishes to offend another (which is it's conditioned tendency), really I am offending myself as the Lord resides in the heart. And am responsible for the consequent reaction.

differences of opinion exist even among the topmost gopis. if we all thought the same, why would Shyam like it?

what counts is true service and devotion. who cares if we disagree even on siddhanta?

Nobody can go against the rule of Dharma, even not Krsna Himself. Krsna is holy name and nobody can use this name for any material gain.

If someone plays with Krsna, He will suffer like hell in earth and there is no place for him in Heaven.

So scriptures written by Vishnu can not be violated.

from Caitanya-Bhagavata Madhya-khanda chapter 6

Advaita Acarya Prabhu then ran to Lord Caitanya's side. Seeing Lord Nityananda, He buckled His eyebrows, and Nityananda began to laugh. Advaita Acarya Prabhu said, "It is wonderful that you are here Nitai. For a long time, I have seen no trace of you. Now, if you try to go anywhere, I will tie you up." Sometimes, Advaita addressed Nityananda as 'Prabhu' and sometimes as 'drunkard'.......Only the most fortunate can understand that in this incarnation Nityananda Prabhu and Advaita Acarya Prabhu are non-different. In the course of Their pastimes, whatever argument, or differences They had between Themselves are all the inconceivable and transcendental behaviour of the Supreme Lord.

Inconceivable. We are surrendering to a God who is truly wonderful.

May Lords Nityananda and Gauranga remove all trace of offences from the heart....so we can become truly happy and dance together in joy, relishing the bliss of transcendental relationship.

So you have to realize that whether the argument is how to serve better Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu or something related to material nature. If material nature defeat that argument with your whole strength. Vaisanava never gets defeated in Philosophy since it is related to Supreme Personality of Godhead. quote by Srimanta

That's a great realization, Prabhu.

Nobody can go against the rule of Dharma, even not Krsna Himself. Krsna is holy name and nobody can use this name for any material gain.

If someone plays with Krsna, He will suffer like hell in earth and there is no place for him in Heaven.

So scriptures written by Vishnu can not be violated.

having different opinions on siddhanta does not imply violating the rules of Dharma. The general Gaudiya siddhanta varies here and there from lets say Sri Vaishnava siddhanta, but both demand dharmic acting from their followers.

Here are some realizations of Srila Sridhara Maharaj to ponder on the topic.

He spoke extensively on this particular subject trying to always restore some harmony in the conflicting environment.

Polarity and Unity Harmonized

Disciple: So can two gurus present different conclusions yet the revealed truth still be in both?

Srila Guru Maharaj: There may be some variation in their presentation, vilas (variation) is there, even modification maybe. In sakhya rasa, for example, Subhala, Sridham etc. all have a distinctive character. I once told Iskcon, “I am not one with you, nor am I even one with Swami Maharaj (Srila Prabhupad)” At that they were disappointed, but we must understand everything has its special characteristic. Everyone has their special individuality. With Swami Maharaj I have many things in common and some things different. And so there is difference in the parisadas (associates) of Krsna also. Sridham is one type, Madhumangal is another type, Subhal and Balaram all different so some sort of distinction they must have, a little in common and some difference. Also here in material existence there is so much differentiation and it all originates from the spiritual world. But many things are similar so you will have to understand that this difference should not promote quarrel. It is necessary for the existence of the pastimes of the Truth, just like the opposition in the parliament, everything has got its place. There is difference in the positions of rasa there also, between vatsalya rasa and madhura rasa, there is some anti-feeling, it can’t be avoided.

aher iva gatih premnah svabhaver-kutila bhavet

(Srila Rupa Goswami)

The mother will generally think her son is captured by his wife, for the path of love is crooked. So with cause or without cause, both parties are possessed with some difference, hence love quarrels. So difference does not mean the lower and the higher. All have their own position in perfection. Out of necessity, there is distinction in the absolute and it must be, otherwise it can’t be lila. It will be stagnant, static. To be dynamic, the waves must flow in this way.

Disciple: One time you commented that there is difference between spiritual personalities. On the lower platform it is due to anarthas (bad habits) and on the higher platform it is due to rasa.

Srila Sridhara Maharaj: The very nature of rasa requires distinction, meaning many in one, polarity and unity harmonized, otherwise we have to sacrifice one side. If the polarity is sacrificed altogether then it just becomes homogenized, non-differentiated.

Devotee: In the spiritual world does everyone hold the position of a Guru for those who enter?

Srila Sridhar Maharaj:Of course, and whatever little help we will receive from anyone, we must be grateful to him. A person with good temperament must be thankful to all. Receiving even slight help he will feel, "Yes, I am very thankful for your guidance."

We are to learn the theory and science of gratitude. "I am to be grateful to you and to everyone in the environment," the very domain is of that character. Everyone thinks himself to be a thief, "I am a trespasser. Only by the grace of the environment can I have a position here. They are all well-wishers except for myself," this should be the temperament. He will be busy and sometimes forgetful of himself in the intensity of his service.

vaikunthera prthivy adi sakala cinmaya. (C.c. Adi 5.53)

We are to think, "The environment of that land in which I aspire to live is made of better stuff than I am." We are to enter into a super-subjective domain. The attitude of all the newly recruited persons there should be: "I am not of subjective character, I am of marginal potency, tatastha, but I am receiving permission to enter the super-subjective area where everything holds a higher position than myself." Everyone there is of that consciousness. "The air, the earth, the trees, etc. all hold a higher position than myself, but still I have been given permission by the supreme authority to wander here. I have only been given some service, and I am eager to render that service to this land." With this attitude in the background, one should live there, and in the foreground one will become accustomed to discharging his particular duty. "I have come and I am treading on a soil whose intrinsic value is really superior."

A child reveres his mother but he may be taken on her lap, such is the example of our situation when we enter Vaikuntha and Goloka. "The whole atmosphere is higher than myself and is to be revered, but still they have embraced me and taken me in their lap - svarupa-sakti - and I have been asked to do some duty there. The whole environment is to be revered, and I am allowed to live there only as a matter of grace, not as a matter of right." We are tatastha , and as a matter of right we may be cast in Brahmaloka, the marginal potency, so we must become conscious of this fact.

having different opinions on siddhanta does not imply violating the rules of Dharma. The general Gaudiya siddhanta varies here and there from lets say Sri Vaishnava siddhanta, but both demand dharmic acting from their followers.

"Jare dekho tare kaho Krishna Upadesh"

Means whomever you see talk about Krsna only

<!-- / message -->

Receiving even slight help he will feel, "Yes, I am very thankful for your guidance."

We are to learn the theory and science of gratitude. "I am to be grateful to you and to everyone in the environment," the very domain is of that character. quoted by sridas from the words of HH BR Sridhara Maharaja

Thanks for posting this article Sridas. Srila Sridhara Maharaja's words are wonderful and perfect.

I especially appreciate how he says Krsna consciousness is not stagnant, but is a science based on relationship and diversity. And entry into that atmosphere is possible with a heart full of gratitude. That we have to learn the theory and science of gratitude.

Some years ago a young missionary used to come and visit me regularly. We used to pray together. He was a nineteen year old gentleman. 'Constantly' in his prayers he used the words..."I am so grateful Lord".

I used to listen to his grateful heart and be enchanted with his humility. This young man's association was something very special. I often think of him.

"Jare dekho tare kaho Krishna Upadesh"

Means whomever you see talk about Krsna only

<!-- / message -->

This is excellent advise Srimanta. Krsna loves it when his beloved sevitors are exchanging his glories and then it comes straight back into our heart. Simultaneously helping the envirionment for the pastimes of lord Krsna are all conquering.

but easier said than done, that is why he recommends sadhu sanga.

sadhusango, sadhusango sarbosastre koy

labomatro sausange sarbsiddhi hoy

(C.c. Madhyadot_clear.gif 22.54)

The verdict of all the revealed scriptures is that by a moment's association with a pure devotee, all perfections are obtained.

Thanks for posting this article Sridas. Srila Sridhara Maharaja's words are wonderful and perfect.

Dandavats Bija, appreciation will get you everywhere!

Seeing as you are so grateful, here's another extended sweet treat from 'the guardian of devotion' SSM.

Mahaprabhu- is Harmony

"Everything is part and parcel of the Original, therefore God is manifested in everything. And it is not that we can sacrifice or negate everything and only God remains, otherwise why are we here? Our individuality and existence is real, so both sides must have some recognition. Harmony between them is Truth proper, this is the conception of Mahaprabhu, polarity, unity and harmony, and that is all-important. Dislocation is unhealthy, proper adjustment is necessary, maya (misconception) means dislocation. Provincial and local interests are clashing with each other, as well as with the Absolute. But proper adjustment comes through achieving understanding of the Absolute, such understanding brings true harmony. All these things should be discussed and understood.

Disciple: How can we practically understand and apply the principle of harmony?

Srila Sridhara Maharaj: In your conception what does harmony mean?

Disciple: I understand that strictly speaking, harmony is a musical term referring to different musical tones which are in balance with each other.

Srila Sridhara Maharaj: In a choir or an orchestra, many instruments are being played or many singers are singing so the variety will be a credit to the harmony. Different types of instruments are being played but there must be harmony there, and the highest harmony depends upon how the many different instruments are playing, preparing the music, yet they must all be attuned to the conductor. So sacrifice, dedication in its highest degree, will be of such nature that it can accommodate and tolerate all difference. Therefore by tolerance, harmony will increase. The highest type of harmony can tolerate any type of opposition, it is all-accommodating. In this way, the highest conception of dedication means there is the accommodation of an infinite variety within it, and its sweetness will increase more and more.

So there are different instruments making different tunes from different strata of sound but they are all tuned to one. Plurality is connected to one center and is giving some sweet, soothing feeling of sentiment.

Similarly we can see that the earth and all the planets are each moving in their individual ways but are connected to another force. The moon is moving around the earth, and there are so many planets moving in relation to other planets which in turn are moving in their own way, but all are moving around the sun. Variety meets unity in different planes of movement. That is harmony. This applies everywhere, including the plane of color and the plane of sound. Many branches meet together in the trunk of a tree, the trunk harmonizes the many leaves, this is the movement of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. We must see a common master, and work around the will of that master or conductor.

Disciple: In the Absolute sense does discord bring harmony?

Shrila Sridhara Maharaj: In the highest Absolute there is room to accommodate everything, otherwise it can’t be Absolute. If we consider something to be Absolute but can still find something outside of that, then it cannot be Absolute. The Absolute accommodates everything, in Him even the enemy is friend. The center is everywhere, there is no circumference. In that plane only God can be traced everywhere and He cannot be our enemy.

The theistic school says, “Absolute” means Absolute Good, it is not zero, everything is fully represented there. The whole is so great that it can accommodate all. However Sankacharyya sacrificed plurality and accepted only oneness, saying, “Enemies and friends all become nothing. They become jumbled together.” Such a thing is possible only in the zero-conception . However Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explained, “What Sankaracharyya gave is not full and proper acceptance of the revealed Truth, both variety and oneness must be recognized.”

In one Upanishad it is said, “There is no variegatedness.” And Sankaracharyya says, “There is no plurality but only oneness, brahman.” Yet Mahaprabhu says, “No! Variety also exists,” otherwise there would be no necessity of saying anything whatsoever, as all would unanimously agree. Rather, there is one who is the master and all else are subordinate, and they are active in a system - the controlled and the controller. “If you say that variety does not exist then what is the necessity of so much discussion? To whom have you come to preach? And if there is no variety then what is the necessity of preaching to those who are already one with you? Illusion also has its existence, otherwise why have you come to try to remove illusion? If Maya (misconception) does not exist then why are you preaching? It is a reality that there is always the possibility of misconception, therefore there is always the necessity of a fully realized Guru to teach the truth. There is not only the Absolute conception, but also the relative, provincial conception. And they both co-exist. This is called cid-vilasa which is not the negation of a particular thing but the adjustment of everything with the whole, the Absolute, the center. Variety and oneness both exist simultaneously and Mahaprabhu calls this achintya bhed-abheda tattva, and this is the all-accommodating conclusion of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Still Shankaracharyya accepts only one part. His conception is limited and not all-accommodating."SSM.

More harmony for the great ful.quote by sridas

Prabhu may I humbly ask you, what this post header means? So that I may understand the purport.

So sacrifice, dedication in its highest degree, will be of such nature that it can accommodate and tolerate all difference. Therefore by tolerance, harmony will increase. The highest type of harmony can tolerate any type of opposition, it is all-accommodating. words of HH BR Sridhara Maharaja quoted by Sridas

And thanks for the post. Such dedication to the centre. And the wondeful thing is Srila Sridhara Maharaja practiced what he preached. A true saint.

Only if we could realize such things, in heart, thought, and deed. That will be an awesome day. It's funny isn't...we read such things and feel bliss. And relish how all diversity has it's place (absolute and relative).

But when someone steps on our toes...look out!

Prabhu may I humbly ask you, what this post header means? So that I may understand the purport.

And thanks for the post. Such dedication to the centre. And the wondeful thing is Srila Sridhara Maharaja practiced what he preached. A true saint.

Only if we could realize such things, in heart, thought, and deed. That will be an awesome day. It's funny isn't...we read such things and feel bliss. And relish how all diversity has it's place (absolute and relative).

But when someone steps on our toes...look out!

No hidden meanings it's simply like 'Bhakti begets more bhakti.' Appreciation of something divine brings more of that substance. Anyone who is greatful for the nectar of Srila Sridhara Maharaj I could happily post his harmonising conclusions day and night. So your common interest places me at your service.

We can only aspire to somehow mingle in the feetdust of the suddha bhaktas and thru their example eventually their infectious affection may infuse us with that currant of loving exchange.

Yes when will that time come our way?

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA !!

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS !!

GLORIES OF THE LORD AND HIS DEVOTEES !!

...KEEEP GOING AT IT DO NOT STOP !!

YOURS

jaswant

We can only aspire to somehow mingle in the feetdust of the suddha bhaktas and thru their example eventually their infectious affection may infuse us with that current of loving exchange.

Yes when will that time come our way? quote by Sridas

I hope it comes soon. Thank you Sridas for easing my heart about the post header.

I could ask you all day to please share more about the Glories of Guru Maharaja. I remember three years ago, I was most fortunate to receive a copy of the Hidden Treasure of the Absolute Gita. This was a turning point for me. Very personal...upon reading it I became enlightened of the all-comprehensive nature of God. Really I am such a fool...I did not perceive such a thing before this. So in my house I keep a photo of His Holiness, as an expression of gratitude. Sincerely I feel his writings are wonderful. Consider me a dog...begging morsels at your table.

I have seen the link to HH BS Govinda's tour in St Petersburgh that you posted in another thread. I don't think I have seen a friendlier face for some time.:) Have you met him? Is he nice?

Below is an entry from my spiritual journal....I love this little story, please enjoy...

I have been reading a small book called 'Golden Reflections' that tells the stories of BR Sridhar Maharaja and the early days and developments of the Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math. I would like to share a sweet story from the book about HH BR Sridhara Maharaja and his disciple Srila BS Govinda Maharaja, and two red-eyed buffaloes. It is a very sweet story, warm, and blissful.

Reading about the early days of HH BR Sridhara Maharaja and Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math has warmed my heart and makes me reflect on our own little developing community here at our home. My dear friends, we are also in the beginning of a sweet transcendental adventure together.

I hope you enjoy this pastime from the book, "Golden Reflections"...I have called it....

*****Two Red-eyed Buffaloes*****

Question: are labourers hired to cultivate the field at the Math?

Start Quote: Srila BS Govinda Maharaja: Generally the cultivation is done by the brahmacaris of the Math, but at certain times extra labour is hired. Around 1962 we purchased two very big and strong male buffaloes to help with the cultivation. I was the driver of the buffaloes and they were very happy with me. They were very broad and strong, and they were so big it is not easy to imagine. The cross-bars on the cart were especially wide for the buffaloes to fit in.

Those buffaloes would play with me here, but Srila Guru Maharaja would be afraid they may kill me. They were big, strong, and young, and Guru Maharaja did not like that I would always mix with them.

In order to feed them grass I would take them to the pasture in front of Mahaprabhu's Temple. One day I was with them there and Srila Guru Maharaja told me, "Don't go close to the buffaloes." But I assured him, "These buffaloes will not attack me." He objected, "These are beasts, they can attack you."

I replied, "No Maharaja, these are not like beasts." Then I went in front of the biggest buffalo, then I quickly went to his rear and thumped him on his leg. Then, like a kid goat, he quickly turned, and with his horns he put his head against my body, but very carefully. Seeing this, Srila Guru Maharaja said, "Oh, he will not attack you?" And I reassured him that he would not. Again I did it many times. Srila Guru Maharaja watched and was surprised to see that each time the buffalo appeared to be quickly going to attack I would raise my arm slightly and he would put his horns carefully there by my side in a playing way. Srila Guru Maharaja was surprised to see that such a strong 'red-eyed buffalo' of whom everyone was fearful, was playing with me.

That buffaloes name was Ramdas. The other buffalo was called Syamdas. When Syamdas died, I purchased another, named Haridas. They were very strong and they ploughed the field, pulled carts, etc. End Quote....

Nityananda Prabu's mercy comes in many ways, and today was very special. I feel warmed and light after reading this small story of the 'red-eyed buffaloes'. You see...Nitai's mercy is endless. Nitai-Gaurahari bol.

Guest guest

Madhur, Madhur, Madhura bhaje....

Speaking of feet dust, take a look at the homepage of mandala . com .au for some images of several great souls whose feet dust you will find at Giri Govardhana.

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA !!

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS !!

GLORIES OF THE LORD AND HIS DEVOTEES !!

...KEEEP GOING AT IT DO NOT STOP !!

YOURS

jaswant

This is the spirit of properly adjusted desire, keep it up. Ohh And I agree with you 200%

I hope it comes soon. Thank you Sridas for easing my heart about the post header.

I could ask you all day to please share more about the Glories of Guru Maharaja. I remember three years ago, I was most fortunate to receive a copy of the Hidden Treasure of the Absolute Gita. This was a turning point for me. Very personal...upon reading it I became enlightened of the all-comprehensive nature of God. Really I am such a fool...I did not perceive such a thing before this. So in my house I keep a photo of His Holiness, as an expression of gratitude. Sincerely I feel his writings are wonderful. Consider me a dog...begging morsels at your table.

I have seen the link to HH BS Govinda's tour in St Petersburgh that you posted in another thread. I don't think I have seen a friendlier face for some time.:) Have you met him? Is he nice?

Below is an entry from my spiritual journal....I love this little story, please enjoy...

I'm probably more like a flea in a dogs paw so I'm not so sure my scraps will yield much nourishment.

Indeed you are most fortunate I agree, Srila Guru Maharaj revealed that hidden treasure in so many sweet,sweeter and sweetest ways we can't measure or conceive his most noble position in the Hearts of Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Govindajui.

I love that story, wonderful way to start the day. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the red eyed beasts of burden to my Guru Maharaj, born in a year of the buffalo.

Srila Govinda Maharaj seems to have a mystic affinity with the heart of the living entities especially many types of animals. In Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math he has stared flaring cobras eye to eye, untill his pet guard dog interjected and sacrificed his life to save him. Then there is a video I seen where a mongoose comes to take his feetdust while talking casually on Srila Sridhar Maharajs history, so it is he who has a lifetime of selfless service to share of both Srila Swami Maharaj and Srila Guru Maharaj for whoever may be interested. His timeless recollections are nectar to the ears and heart.

I have heard many wonderful pastimes of their early relationship together and actually without his visa we wouldn't have so much access to the infinite ocean of bhakti rasamritam that is Srila Sridhara Maharaj and Srila Swami Maharaj.

Apart from being a grand acharya of an ever increasing mission which he didn't desire, his nature is very down to earth and unassuming.

I personally knew him before his acarya rupa became manifest and he was always aproachable and super-personal, overwhelmingly friendly, even as acharya he is still this way with all those he meets, each new disciple he treats like an old friend as if they have come to help him serve the living reality of Srila Sridhara Maharaj's presence. And each old friend he treats with extreme vaisnava ettiquette like royalty.

Another unique distinction he exhibits is his almost childlike wonder at the simple things of life that breaks down our preconceived mental conceptions of awe and reverence, that we are conditioned to believe is the light a saint should be seen in. In turn drawing us too into that land of wonder, without saying a word.

So much to share we'd need Visvarup to give befitting praise, and so little time to extend it, but i'm sure there are many others who can share their insights, dharshans, and realizations, as they all will with time.

Madhur, Madhur, Madhura bhaje....

Speaking of feet dust, take a look at the homepage of mandala . com .au for some images of several great souls whose feet dust you will find at Giri Govardhana.

You mean the rickshaw wallahs.

Giriraj caranamritam ki jaya.

I remember being with Srila Gurudev for the inaugural instillation of Giriraj, strolling on the shores of Manasaganga. Brings back sweet moments.

Can't hold those everfresh youths with white beards back from a good festival.