IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
zjj

New Mirabai Book

Rate this topic

Haribol!

I just wanted to post the next couple of events I'll be doing. The first is a book signing and the second is a talk with a kids in a school in Texas. I'm really looking forward to the school event as I always have fun with the kids.

Thursday February 21st, Book signing at Borders, Morrocroft Village Shopping Center, Charlotte NC 28211, 12-3pm.

Thursday March 6th, India Culture talk with 1st-4th grader at The Fulton School, Heath TX, 11am-12noon.

I'll soon be posting a list of my next major tour but am still working on that. I'm waiting to confirm a few dates before I post the list. If anyone is in the Charlotte NC area while I'm there then please come along and meet me. I love to meet with devotee's along my travels! Krishna is most kind to me that he gives me these opportunities.

Haribol! Jai Shri Krishna!

Jai

What is the topic you will be speaking on when you speak to the kids? I would be interested to know!

Jai Nitai

indulekhadasi

What is the topic you will be speaking on when you speak to the kids? I would be interested to know!

Jai Nitai

indulekhadasi

Haribol, Mataji!

I was contacted by one of the teachers of that school to give a talk on the culture of India so I'll be speaking of India's history, beliefs, dress, food. I"ll also being explaining to the children that it's important to be open minded and curious about other cultures because they have much to teach us. I'm going to end it with a story from the Ramayan to give the talk a spiritual feel and also heighten their interest in the stories and culture of India. I've done several storytelling sessions with kids and they love the story of Rama and Sita's wedding.

Do you have any advice for me? I would be happy to hear any suggestions.

Haribol!

Jai

Haribol, Mataji!

I was contacted by one of the teachers of that school to give a talk on the culture of India so I'll be speaking of India's history, beliefs, dress, food. I"ll also being explaining to the children that it's important to be open minded and curious about other cultures because they have much to teach us. I'm going to end it with a story from the Ramayan to give the talk a spiritual feel and also heighten their interest in the stories and culture of India. I've done several storytelling sessions with kids and they love the story of Rama and Sita's wedding.

Do you have any advice for me? I would be happy to hear any suggestions.

Haribol!

Jai

Wow, thats wonderful! Keep up this great preaching seva!

Only suggestions I have is to make the emotions apparent- Lakshman's anger at Janak, Janak's anguish, Sita's longing, and Rama's confidence!

Wow, thats wonderful! Keep up this great preaching seva!

Only suggestions I have is to make the emotions apparent- Lakshman's anger at Janak, Janak's anguish, Sita's longing, and Rama's confidence!

Thanks for your encouragement. I will try my best to relate the story so that the children feel the true emotions of the katha. Storytelling is a great joy for me and I'm humbled that I get the chance to tell these stories.

Haribol!

Jai

This is the list of my next events. I'll be on tour in the heartland states for about 6 weeks.

Next Events

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State>:

Thursday March 6<SUP>th</SUP> - Indian Culture Talk at <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Fulton</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">School</st1:PlaceType>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Heath</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">TX</st1:State></st1:place>

11am.

Friday March 14<SUP>th</SUP> - Indian History Talk with <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Home</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">School</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> History Co-op,

Austin TX

*Time as yet unset

Heartland Tour

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Oklahoma</st1:place></st1:State>:

Sunday March 16<SUP>th</SUP> - Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, 104 Sunset Plaza,

Enid OK 73703

12-3pm

Sunday March 16<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on">Hastings</st1:City>, 316 North Main,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Stillwater</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">OK</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">74075</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

4:30-7pm

Monday March 17<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Hastings, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">3005 East Frank Phillips Blvd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Bartlesville</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">OK</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">74006</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-8pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas</st1:place></st1:State>:

Tuesday March 18<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on">Hastings</st1:City>, 2806 North Broadway,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Pittsburg</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KS</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">66762</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

6-9pm

Thursday March 20<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hastings</st1:City></st1:place>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">416 East 30<SUP>th</SUP> Street</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hutchinson</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KS</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">67502</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-8pm

Friday March 21<SUP>st</SUP> – Book signing at Hastings, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">1646 Industrial Rd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Emporia</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KS</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">66801</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

7-9pm

Saturday March 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">626 Tuttle Creek Rd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KS</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">66502</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

12-3pm

Saturday March 22<SUP>nd</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">5317 SW 22<SUP>nd</SUP> Place</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Topeka</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">KS</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">66614</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

4-8pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nebraska</st1:place></st1:State>:

Thursday March 27<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">1041 East 23<SUP>rd</SUP> St</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Fremont</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NE</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">68025</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

4-7pm

Saturday March 29<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Hastings, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">2250 N. Webb Rd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Grand Island</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NE</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">68803</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

12-3pm

Saturday March 29<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">9 West 39<SUP>th</SUP> St</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Kearney</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NE</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">68848</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-7pm

Sunday March 30<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hastings</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">919 South 20<SUP>th</SUP> St</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Norfolk</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NE</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">68701</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

2-5pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">South Dakota</st1:place></st1:State>:

Friday April 4<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Little Professor Book Center, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">3315 6<SUP>th</SUP> Ave SE</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Aberdeen</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">SD</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">57401</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-8pm

Saturday April 5<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Prairie Pages Bookstore, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">321 South Pierre St</st1:address></st1:Street>,

Pierre SD 57501

11am-2pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">North Dakota</st1:place></st1:State>:

Tuesday April 8<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Main Street Books, 106 South Main,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Minot</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">ND</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">58701</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

4-7pm

Wednesday April 9<SUP>th</SUP> – Women and Hinduism Talk at YWCA Luncheon, Women’s Heritage Meeting, Minot State University,

Minot ND

*Time as yet unset

Wednesday April 9<SUP>th</SUP> – Publishing Follow the Cowherd Boy Talk with English Club students, <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Minot</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">University</st1:PlaceType>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Minot</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">ND</st1:State></st1:place>

*Time as yet unset

Friday April 11<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing and Talk at NDSU Bookstore, Student Memorial Union, North Dakota State University, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Fargo</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">ND</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">58105</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

7-9pm

Saturday April 12<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">2800 Columbia Rd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Grand Forks</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">ND</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">58201</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

1-4pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>:

Sunday April 13<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">1600 Miller Trunk Hwy</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Duluth</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">MN</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">55811</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

3-5pm

Saturday April 19<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">575 North Town Drive</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Blaine</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">MN</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">55434</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

1-3pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iowa</st1:place></st1:State>:

Wednesday April 23<SUP>rd</SUP> – Book signing at Borders, 1200 South Duff,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Ames</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">IA</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">50010</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

4-6pm

Thursday April 24<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Borders, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">4100 University Ave</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">West Des Moines</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">IA</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">50265</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-8pm

Friday April 25<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Crossroads</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">2060 Crossroads Blvd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Waterloo</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">IA</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">50702</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

5-7pm

Saturday April 26<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, Sycamore Mall, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">1650 Sycamore St</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Iowa City</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">IA</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">52240</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

12-4pm

Sunday April 27<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Borders, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">555 John F Kennedy Rd</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Dubuque</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">IA</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">52002</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

1-3pm

<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wisconsin</st1:place></st1:State>:

Thursday May 1<SUP>st</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">3347 Kohler Memorial Dr</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Sheboygan</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">WI</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">53081</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

11am-3pm

Friday May 2<SUP>nd</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">833 W Johnson St</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Fond Du Lac</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">WI</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">54935</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

3-5pm

Saturday May 3<SUP>rd</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">661 Bay Park Square</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Green Bay</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">WI</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">54304</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

12-3pm

Saturday May 3<SUP>rd</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, Fox River Mall, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">4301 West Wisconsin Ave</st1:Street>, </st1:address>

<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Appleton</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">WI</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">54913</st1:PostalCode></st1:address>

4-7pm

Sunday May 4<SUP>th</SUP> – Book signing at Waldenbooks, A-104 Wausau Center,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Wausau</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">WI</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">54403</st1:PostalCode></st1:place>

2-5pm

Tuesday May 6<SUP>th</SUP> – Home

If any of the forum members here live close by to these locations and are free to meet me then please come along. You're under no obligation to buy a book either, it would simply be nice to meet devotees as I travel the country. Krishna has been kind enough to allow me to meet his devotees in so many parts of the country, I've been blessed.

Haribol!

Jai

Haribol!

I completed my Heartland tour a couple of weeks ago and have been back home resting and getting back into a routine at home. I'm also working on my next book but that is slow going so I can't say much.

What was exciting about this last tour, and there were many exciting things, was that I generated interest from the local tv news. I made the evening news in North Dakota and also filmed a PBS program called Media Meet that will air in the Great Lakes region on July 12th. That was a great filming as the presenter Sonya Chrisman asked me questions about the book and the topic of Hinduism and Women. We discussed many issues that you will find interesting and I'll give details about the airing of the program closer to the time.

I met so many interesting people and was able to get darshan at some of the temples along the way too. Krishna is very merciful towards me and I know I don't deserve it.

Haribol!

Jai

Haribol!

I just recieved the most wonderful email from a reader. This is an excerpt:

"I have never studied much about the Hindu religion but now I've had a taste of Krishna I will never forget. Thank you!"

How merciful is Krishna that he inspired this person to read about Mira and thus plant the seeds of a desire for him? My heart is feels so full today.

Jai

No no, Mataji. Please don't say that. I'm not worthy of that. It is Krishna and Mirabai who deserve the obeisance as it is they who are entering into people's lives and consciousness and inspiring love.

Jai Mirabai! Jai Shri Krishna!

Jai Sri Krishna, Jai Sri Radhe, Jai Mirabai.

I am really looking forward to get a new book on Mirabai. I cant just stop listening to her bajans. I read earlier 2 books on her, however i was not happy with them.

I am yet to order your book now. One question: Does your book have translation of some her bhajans?

Jai Sri Krishna, Jai Sri Radhe, Jai Mirabai.

I am really looking forward to get a new book on Mirabai. I cant just stop listening to her bajans. I read earlier 2 books on her, however i was not happy with them.

I am yet to order your book now. One question: Does your book have translation of some her bhajans?

Haribol!

Apologies for not posting sooner. I haven't been on the audarya forum for a long time.

I do have certain lines from Mira's poems in the book to illustrate what was happening to her in her life at the time of writing those poems and singing them with the devotees. I didn't feel worthy or qualified to completely translate the poems completely so I composed some lines myself to illustrate what I wanted to say about her words and how she touched people.

I hope you find my work worthy. Please forgive any mistakes.

Jai

PS: if you haven't ordered the book yet then you can get it online at http://www.amazon.com/Follow-Cowherd-Boy-J-Joshi/dp/1412086264/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240630218&sr=8-1 or from my publisher at http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/dosearch

You can also order it instore at Borders, Waldenbooks, Hastings, or Barnes & Noble. The ISBN number is 1412086264.

Jai Shri Krishna, Jai Mirabai!

Harimein... Mere to Girdhar Gopal, Dusra na koy... Payoji Maine Ram Ratan... simply mesmerizing.

Glory to the Universal Mother.

Haribol, Amleshji.

Thanks for your reminder of the beauty of her words.

Jai

Haribol, dear devotees.

I'd like to share with you the link to my book trailer for 'Follow the Cowherd Boy'. With the help of a friend I produced it and uploaded it to my youtube account. Let me know what you think of it.

Here's the link:

Haribol! Jai Mirabai!

Jai