IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hinduism & Christianity - Your Response?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On the subject of God, Hinduism's supreme being is the undefinable, impersonal Brahman, a philosophical absolute. Christianity, on the other hand, teaches that there is a supreme being who is the infinite, personal Creator. The God of Christianity, moreover, is loving and He is keenly interested in the affairs of mankind, quite in contrast to the aloof deity of Hinduism.

The Bible makes it clear that God cares about what happens to each one of us:

And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you and you will honor Me (Psalm 50:15, NASB).

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28, NASB).

Salvation in Hinduism can be attained in one of three general ways: the way of knowledge, knowing one is actually a part of the ultimate Brahman and not a separate entity; the way of devotion, which is love and obedience to a particular deity; or the way of works, or following ceremonial ritual. This salvation is from the seemingly endless cycle of birth, death and rebirth. By contrast, in Christianity salvation is from a potentially eternal separation from God, in a very Real and Eternal Hell, where one agonizes having rejected God's Son, and cannot be obtained by any number of good deeds, but rather is given freely by God to all who will receive it.

The Bible says:

For by grace have you been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast (Ephesians 2:8,9, NASB).

He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5, NASB).

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see lire, but the wrath of God abides on him (John 3:36, NASB).

Hinduism views the material world as transitory and of secondary importance to the realization of Brahman, while Christianity sees the world as having objective reality and its source in the creative will of God. Hindus see the world as an extension of Brahman, part of the absolute, while Christianity views the world as an entity eternally different in nature from God, not part of some universal or monistic one.

The Bible says that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1). Since the earth, therefore, was created by God, it is not to be identified with Him or His eternal nature.

These contradictions represent major diversities between the two religions.

Guest guest

The Christian missionaries are presently strategizing how to convert the whole world to Christianity. The asian subcontinent is a big missionary target right now, and Christian missionary experts are presently looking at "fresh" ways to reach Hindus with the gospel. They know their strategies in the past have by and large failed to reach Hindus. So they are thinking of new ways to convince Hindus to convert. See:

worldmap.org/

will they succeed? not if Hindus are strong in their practice and understanding Sanatana Dharma.