IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Going to vraj

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sentimental Mayavadi crud, to hate the sin but to love the sinner you must be able to judge.

and

A common factor of this material world seems to be: the ease of judgment.

Learning to judge seems to be second nature.

Conclusion: material conditioning is lamentable.

Why should we hate the sin and not the sinner?

Where in the shastra does it promote such an absurd concept?

The good and evil both bind the soul to the material world.

What should we hate sin and not goodness?

They are both illusions.

We don't need to "hate the sin" and "love the sinner".

We just have to be concerned with our own problems and our own sins and not worry about hating the sins of others.

Hate is another form of attachment.

Either we love the sin or we hate the sin, both ways were are binding ourselves to the sin.

Best just to concern with our own problems and not hating the sins of others.

We just have to be concerned with our own problems and our own sins and not worry about hating the sins of others.quote guest

If we are self honest there is enough to keep us busy on our own plate.

Maybe sometimes we so easily judge others shortcomings because we want to distract ourselves from our own content.

There is a quote from Srila Prabhupada's Nectar of Instruction about shortcomings being like bubbles and foam in the river ganges. We are advised to look beyond the bubbles and foam and see the inherent purity.

But it is not so easy is it? Being conditioned since time immemorial. Well for me anyway, it is often not so easy!

Guest guest

If we are self honest there is enough to keep us busy on our own plate.

Maybe sometimes we so easily judge others shortcomings because we want to distract ourselves from our own content.

There is a quote from Srila Prabhupada's Nectar of Instruction about shortcomings being like bubbles and foam in the river ganges. We are advised to look beyond the bubbles and foam and see the inherent purity.

But it is not so easy is it? Being conditioned since time immemorial. Well for me anyway, it is often not so easy!

Excellent points. I know that with myself I certainly have this inclination to focus on the faults of others rather than my own, especially when I expect from them competency in metation, in reasoning things out clearly upon such topics as they claim mastery in, especially when they are recomending some course of action to someone that might be dangerous to them.

It is not easy, one simply cannot cheat and obtain anything except a pernicious illusion of spiritual advancent. The four faulted nature of the conditioned living entity being what it is one can even fall under the influence of ones own line of hype and come to believe of oneself that one is like unto Baby Jesus and take up arguing that one is. This is preposterous.

May Lord Nityananda have mercy on Pankaja, may he come back purified of all sins and greatly spiritually advanced so that then I can listen to him freely without any consideration that I must watch out for him.

Hare Krna Hari bol. AGTSP