IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Good sence of Humour

Rate this topic

http://donate.krishna.com/

I think it's an advert off somewhere, now people find it funny. I do! :

And how long would it take anybody, even a priest, to earn those few hundred dollars? There are jobs anyone can do. Of course we say that we want to give the karmis the mercy of donating, but is that true? Why not: we work a little, and the karmis get some time to explore religion? A little karma yoga never hurt anyone, but the problem is attachment to the mode of goodness. Isn't it. Call it padayatra and go out with the people and dig a ditch shoulder-to-shoulder. They might start appreciating the silver-spoon devotees more that way.

Guest guest

$350 a month sounds like a lot of money for some server space and data transfer.

I think it could be done for a lot less than that.

$350 a month sounds like a lot of money for some server space and data transfer.

I think it could be done for a lot less than that.

You'd be very surprized how much it costs to run servers. I think they have thier own server. I'm telling you, the $$$ really adds up far as I.T is concerned.

If you want a server space for a year at (the cheap one) it costs around 120 dollers a year or more. If you want the good one it costs even more. So 350 dollers to run a site like krishna.com is pretty good. And it's made by designers.

And how long would it take anybody, even a priest, to earn those few hundred dollars? There are jobs anyone can do. Of course we say that we want to give the karmis the mercy of donating, but is that true? Why not: we work a little, and the karmis get some time to explore religion? A little karma yoga never hurt anyone, but the problem is attachment to the mode of goodness. Isn't it. Call it padayatra and go out with the people and dig a ditch shoulder-to-shoulder. They might start appreciating the silver-spoon devotees more that way.

Ouch? What i wanted to do was get some books in shops, and let them sell them on, while I get a little bit of profit (a wage + expenditure to get more books). One devotee told me people can give donations. (in a box), Anyway I would like to do it in the future if I can. Racks and Books. And a box. And maybe a car. And a personality transplant. I am ready to go. I know one devotee he told me does the same, but goes out on streets. I could never do that. So ..

Guest guest

You'd be very surprized how much it costs to run servers. I think they have thier own server. I'm telling you, the $$$ really adds up far as I.T is concerned.

If you want a server space for a year at (the cheap one) it costs around 120 dollers a year or more. If you want the good one it costs even more. So 350 dollers to run a site like krishna.com is pretty good. And it's made by designers.

whatever.

I maintain three websites on the web for $10 a month.

Sometimes it's cheaper to rent servers from big companies that to set-up your own server.

I think you should be a lot bigger than krishna.com to warrant independent servers.

I bet I could it what they do for less than half of that $350 figure.

big corperations need private servers.

I don't see that krishna.com is anywhere close to the size of a big corperation.

it's actually on about the level of a small business.

4000 hits a month?

that's the peewee league.

whatever.

I maintain three websites on the web for $10 a month.

Sometimes it's cheaper to rent servers from big companies that to set-up your own server.

I think you should be a lot bigger than krishna.com to warrant independent servers.

I bet I could it what they do for less than half of that $350 figure.

big corperations need private servers.

I don't see that krishna.com is anywhere close to the size of a big corperation.

it's actually on about the level of a small business.

4000 hits a month?

that's the peewee league.

Well put your money where your mouth is! E-mail them and let them know. They very helpful, and reply back. I THINK it's the bandwidth usage, and the site is used as portals for many Iskcon sites. (i think). ?

Guest guest

Well put your money where your mouth is! E-mail them and let them know. They very helpful, and reply back. I THINK it's the bandwidth usage, and the site is used as portals for many Iskcon sites. (i think). ?

it's not my money, so it's not my problem.

I am sure these guys know that they could do it for a lot less if they just rented server space and transfer from a big provider.

it's just some kick they are on to have their own servers with some far-fetched idea that they will soon need their own server.

it ain't gonna happen and they are just wasting money on a private server.

it's a prestige thing to have you own server.

however, it's not actually necessary with an outfit that has 4000 hits a month.

If they want to spend money lavishly for their own server, then that is on them.

I don't think it is necessary.

When I had extra cash, I donated five thousand dollars to devotees years back to establish an internet presence. They're gone and so is my money. I certainly could use that money now. I feel violated just like when that scoundrel 'devotee' tried to 'change me up' at O'Hare in the seventies, like I was some kind of idiot to be robbed.

When I had extra cash, I donated five thousand dollars to devotees years back to establish an internet presence. They're gone and so is my money. I certainly could use that money now. I feel violated just like when that scoundrel 'devotee' tried to 'change me up' at O'Hare in the seventies, like I was some kind of idiot to be robbed.

You should have gave it to me.

it's not my money, so it's not my problem.

I am sure these guys know that they could do it for a lot less if they just rented server space and transfer from a big provider.

it's just some kick they are on to have their own servers with some far-fetched idea that they will soon need their own server.

it ain't gonna happen and they are just wasting money on a private server.

it's a prestige thing to have you own server.

however, it's not actually necessary with an outfit that has 4000 hits a month.

If they want to spend money lavishly for their own server, then that is on them.

I don't think it is necessary.

Mm good point. I'll ask them, if I find the down time.