IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
muralidhar_das

My tears and prayers go out to the devotees in Manipura

Rate this topic

An email I just received:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear Prabhus and Matajis,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhuapa.

We just received a call from Ajit Prabhu from Manipur. There was a bomb

blast during the Janmastami celebrations inside the pandal. One

Devotee, Brahmin Initiated today, also passed away and Bhojdeva Prabhu

(ACBSP) is injured and his condition is serious. Many people also

seriously injured. Guru Maharaja is also injured and is also in the

hospital. Furhter details not known now. Please pray for the protection

of the Lord. Please do not make calls here now. Phone may be needed for

urgent calls. Hare Krishna!

Your servant

vrajapati das

Guru Maharaja out of danger

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:22:01 +0530

Dear Prabhus and Matajis,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhuapa.

Guru Maharaja is discharged from the hospital and is out of danger.

There is an injury on his leg. Bhojdeva Prabhu was serious still. We

hear that he saved Guru Maharaja, second time in the life of Guru

Maharaja. One devotee and a local devotee passed away. 50 are injured.

Guru Maharaja and others who are serious will be taken to either

Calcutta or Bombay tomorrow. Hare Krishna!

Your servant

vrajapati das

Message From Guru Maharaja

Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:32:14 +0530

(Note: As heard and noted by Vrajapati Das while Guru Maharaja was

speaking from a cell phone, which was not very clear there are some gaps

due to poor signal, from the hospital room)

Dear Devotees,

I pray for Srila Prabhupada's and Lord Krishna's blessings upon you.

We are sorry for the sad news from ISKCON Manipur incident. It is due to

the unlimited blessings of Sri Sri Radha Krishnachandra that the

casualities are relatively less. We sincerely pray for the departed

souls and for speedy recovery of the injured.

I was supposed to attend URI Global Council Tele conference call when

the incident happened. I was delaying to attend the call in order to

give company to the important guests and devotees during the Rasalila

Performance. I am sitting together with important guests and devotees

when the hand grenade was exploded in the pandal. Bhojdeva Prabhu was

sitting near to me and he was severely injured. M. M. Singh, and his

wife are also sitting near me and got injured. But their grandson could

not survive. Also a devotee who was initiated as Brahmin yesterday also

could not survive. The child who was playing the role of Lord Krishna

was also injured. Liladra Mataji from New York but presently staying in

Vrindavan(yesterday initiated as 'Lakshmipriya Devi Dasi'); Kavita

Mataji (Indian, staying in Swiss, yesterday initiated as 'Kritida Devi

Dasi')and about 30 to 40 local and visiting devotees also got injured.

All of them are getting medical treatment in the hospitals. I am also

still in the hospital. A chunk of flesh was removed from my hand. About

10:00 AM today, there will be surgery for myself, Bhojdev, Lakshmipriya,

Kritida and others who are injured.

It was again by the blessings of the Lord that an earlier attempt (5

minutes before the blast in pandal) was not successful. A bomb was

thrown into the main temple but did not explode. Had that been exploded

inside the temple the causalities would be hundreds. Ramachandra Das saw

some stone-like thing coming inside the temple with some sparks but he

could not understand at that time.

All this reminds us the words of scriptures and the saintly people that

this place is full of danger and we should be serious in pursuing the

purpose of our human life. Please pray for the departed souls, and for

the speed recovery of those who are injured, especially Bhojdeva Prabhu

(by his symptoms we are confident that his life will be saved).

Please observe nice Janmastami and Vyasapuja of Srila Prabhupada. Hare

Krishna!

Your well-wisher

Bhaktisvarupa Damodara Swami

6:50 AM IST; Aug 17, 2006

hare krishna hare krishna / krishna krishna hare hare

hare rama hare rama / rama rama hare hare

I pray to Lord Nrsnghadeva that whoever is behind this is caught and rewarded by the Government! What cowards, killing innocent women, children and devotees because they want something material? Move then to someplace else; don't throw bombs in the temple!

But it is a greater problem than this. Srila Prabhupada said the next Great War will be started by Pakistan, according to reliable sources. What to do but chant Hare Krishna with great sincerity, which unfortunately I have yet to do.

My sincerist and most heartfelt condolences to all the Vaishnavas of the Lord at this time especially in Manipura who are experiencing such great loss.

This is a horrible event. I can only pray for the recovery of the injured.

large_pic.jpg

Terror strikes Imphal ISKCON temple: Four including child killed; over 50 injured; foreign devotees injured, one seriously </B>

From www.kanglaonline.com:

The Imphal Free Press

IMPHAL, Aug 16: Krishna Janma celebrations at the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, ISKCON campus at Sangaiprou, Imphal ended in blood and gore this evening after unidentified persons hurled a hand grenade into a crowded mandap where a ras leela performance was taking place.

The blast killed at least four people, including two children, and injured nearly 50 others. The injured include at least two foreigners, one of whom is stated to be in serious condition.

Altogether six foreigners, including five from the USA and one from France were watching the Ras Leela performance, held as part of day-long celebrations of Krishna Janmastami, the birthday of Lord Krishna.

Doctors at RIMS Hospital, Lamphelpat and the Shija Hospital, Langol were hard-put to cope with the rush of dead and injured in the aftermath of the blast.

Officials reports said there were 27 serious cases among the injured, including a male American, whose identity could not be immediately confirmed.

Eyewitness reports said the grenade was thrown from the south-eastern corner of the mandap, located inside the ISKCON campus, and exploded immediately, killing one person on the spot, and injuring scores of others.

The assailant apparently managed to escape in the ensuing confusion.

The witnesses added that the grenade was hurled just after a firecracker was set off on the other side of the mandap.

H Birkumar, alias Bitendra Das, 73, of Khagempalli Huidrom Leikai was killed at the spot, while two other victims, identified as Dr K Binodkumar, 65, of Kwakeithel Akham Leikai, and a nine-year old child, Wahengbam Anil, of W Nabadwip of Sangaiprou died while being evacuated to RIMS hospital.

A fourth victim, Angom Blodin 12, son of A Bobby of Lalambung Makhong Takhellambam Leikai, died at Shija Hospital, Langol.

Apart from those hurt in the blast itself, several others also sustained injuries in the ensuing stampeded.

Immediately after the blast, police and medical teams rushed to the site to render assistance and evacuate the wounded to hospital.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet. However, unconfirmed reports said an unidentified group had delivered a warning to the ISKCON authorities over telephone yesterday not to host Krishna Janma celebrations at the ISKCON campus.

Chief minister O Ibobi Singh visited RIMS hospital this evening soon after the blast, and spoke to the wounded victims as well as the hospital authorities.

Speaking briefly to mediapersons, he strongly condemned today`s incident, calling it a cowardly act. He also said ex-gratia would be given to the next of kin of the deceased, and all assistance given to the wounded.

Answering queries, the chief minister also maintained that there was no question of a security lapse. He also refused to speculate on who was responsible for the attack, contending that it was too premature to do so.

The chief minister was accompanied by MANITRON chairman Bijoy Koijam, and the PDA chairman K Ranjit.

The underground Revolutionary People`s Front, RPF has meanwhile clarified that it had nothing to do with the bomb attack at the ISKCON complex.

A spokesperson of the organisation telephoned media offices this afternoon to say that the the group strongly condemned the bomb attack and made it clear that the group considered such attacks on a place of worship a thoughtless and cowardly act.

The All Manipur Students Union, AMSU, also strongly condemned the bomb attack, terming it as an act of terrorism.

The following is a partial list of the dead and injuried

Deceased

1. H. Birkumar @ Bitendra Das (76) of Khagempalli Huidrom Leikai

2. Dr. K Bimod Kumar (65) of Kwakeithel Akham Leikai

3. Wahengbam Anil Singh (9) (Krishna Shaba) of S/o, W. Nabadip of Sangaiprou

4. Angom Blodin (12) S/o, A Boby of Lalambung Makhong Takhellambam Leikai

Injured

1. Oinam (O) Kunjalata (48) W/o Profullo of Kwakeithel Akham Leikai

2. Khoisnam Rojesh (11) S/o, Indubhushan of Malom Awang Leikai

3. RK. Singhajit (73) of New Delhi

4. Lakshmipriya (50) of USA

5. Brahmacharimayum Gopal Sharma (60) S/o, (L) Thakudhan of Kwakeithel

6. Manik Laishram Devi (22) D/o, ES Laishram

7. Gunija (52)

8. Manihar (65) of Malom

9. Sumitra Devi (50) W/o, (L) Basantakumar Wangkhem of Porompat

10. H Nganbi Devi (35)of Sangaiprou

11. H Sushila Devi (36) of Sangaiprou

12. W Khurai Leima (84) of Mekola

13. Wahengbam Nabachandra (10) of Heirangoithong

14. Murari Das (32) of ISKCON

15. P Rajendrakumar (70) of Kwakeithel

16. Sapam Ibohal Singh (65) S/o, Gouramani of Kwakeithel Tiddim Ground

17. Bhakta Singh (45) of Keishamthong Hodam Leirak

18. Thiyam Gambir Singh (65) of Sega Road Takhellambam Leikai

19. Oinam Ichan (9) D/o, Newton of Kwakeithel

20. Thangjam Ranjita (24) D/o, Rajmani of Langzing Achouba

21. Lukram (o) Malemnganbi (64) W/o, Nimaichand of Naoremthong Khullem Leikai

22. Kangujam Ibemcha Devi

23. Konjengbam Manihar Singh (50) S/o, (L) Paka of Hodam Leirak

24. Irengbam Gouramani (70) of Khagempalli Panthak

25. Thoudam (o) Ibecha (60) W/o, Lokhon of Ghari Awang Leikai

26. Laishram Shanta (26) D/o, L Chaoba of Thanga

27. Maisnam Madhumangol (67) S/o, Ibotombi of Lalambung Makhong

28. Wahengbam Naba (36) S/o, (L) Amutombi of Keishamthong Top Leirak

29. Kabita Kajuriya (36) W/o, Sanju Kajuriya of Maharastra presently Thangal Bazar

30. Sh. Manglembi (60) W/o, Sh Jayanta

31. Moirangthem Ashnikumar (37) S/o, M Chaoba of Changangei

32. Miss L Sarda Devi of Thanga

33. Shiddhish Irom (28) S/o, S Lalit of Keishamthong Hodam Leirak

34. Bhakti Swarup Damodar Swami (69) of Toubul

35. Soram Gunija (51) W/o, IS Laishram of Lamphel

36. Manika

37. Sobita of Sangaiprou

38. Mrs. Ibemhal of Lalambung

it's confusing when these things happen... but we must keep faith.

whether it's devotees in the temple, kids on the street or innocents on a border village - let's pray for Krsna's compassion and mercy to shower on us.

Guest guest

The articles I've read have suggested there were possibly two or three bombs. I read on a Manipuri site that the first grenade was thrown in the center of the dancing arena, where manipuri children were performing the Rasa Lila dance. But the grenade hit a camera man's camera, so missed the center, and exploded outside the main arena. I don't have the full scope, but apparently there was one thrown right at the deities altar where many were congregating, and it didn't go off. And possibly one was thrown on the roof? The reports are a bit sketchy in terms of layout. But it is evident that the destruction could have been much worse.

Guest guest

does anybody have any information if this was ISLAMIC terrorism or if it was political terrorism or what the most likely party was behind the bombing?

does anybody have any information if this was ISLAMIC terrorism or if it was political terrorism or what the most likely party was behind the bombing?

There are some articles and periodic updates, from various Indian newspapers, here: http://www.hare-krishna.org/ , some mention possible groups that may have been responsible.

Guest guest

demons always try to do things like this to scare us away from God.. remeber Pralhada and how hes father tryed to kill him..

may Nrsimhadev protect and punish the demons whom done this!!

Guest guest

ARE U KIDDING ME!?

a muslim that kills is like a devoutee that dont follow the rules and regulations of vaisnavaism!!

a christian that kills arent a christian, a muslim or a vaisnava that kills others because of other faiths arent a muslim or a vaisnava.. they may hold the sign outwards like one, but all can see that they arent real believers!:(

Guest guest

I didn't see anything on CNN news about this incident and I watch the news everyday.

If this attack was made upon a Christian church in Manipur, then I imagine it would have gotten some media attention in the USA.

Did anybody see anything about this in any major US media source?

Guest guest

ARE U KIDDING ME!?

a muslim that kills is like a devoutee that dont follow the rules and regulations of vaisnavaism!!

a christian that kills arent a christian, a muslim or a vaisnava that kills others because of other faiths arent a muslim or a vaisnava.. they may hold the sign outwards like one, but all can see that they arent real believers!:(

Krishna was bad because he caused 60,000,000 Ksatriyas to be killed in the battle of Kuruksetra in order to remove Dhrtarastra as the Emperor and establish his devotee Yudhisthira on the throne?

They say that the kingdom was going on nicely under Dhrtarastra and he was implementing varnashram quite nicely.

why did Krishna insist that Dhrtarastra be de-throned in favor of Yudhisthira? Why did 60,000,000 ksatriyas have to die to establish the devotee on the throne of Bharata-varsha?

killing in the name of religion is really against the Vaishnava principles.

Was it religion or just politics why Krishna ordered the battle of Kuruksetra?

Either way, was it right?

Guest guest

but if GOD Himself kills, we cannot say its in the name of religion, because He is religion!

to speculate in that matter is foolishness, He is God and above any sort of that thinking.. and those who get killed by Krsna is directly liberated..

Guest guest

What I heard was when it was time to wrap up His entourage and activities in the material world he had all the devotees get intoxicated sort of and beat each other with canes or something, only they were powerful enough to "kill" each other off after all. And hopefully in the madness that ensued they were all Krishna Conscious and didn't feel any pain.

demons always try to do things like this to scare us away from God.. remeber Pralhada and how hes father tryed to kill him..

may Nrsimhadev protect and punish the demons whom done this!!

I agree with this Prayer. In lord chaitanya's time the devotees did this. And looked what happened. I will pray today.

I didn't see anything on CNN news about this incident and I watch the news everyday.

If this attack was made upon a Christian church in Manipur, then I imagine it would have gotten some media attention in the USA.

Did anybody see anything about this in any major US media source?

I don't believe it not being Christian had anything to do with it not being shown. It is just so common place unfortunately. Larger scaled attacks on Hindu temples are shown and in India in general are shown. Like recently in Mumbai.

The sublties of it being Jamastami and occuring during a performace of rasa-lila are not understood by the western media or peoples.

I don't believe it not being Christian had anything to do with it not being shown. It is just so common place unfortunately. Larger scaled attacks on Hindu temples are shown and in India in general are shown. Like recently in Mumbai.

The sublties of it being Jamastami and occuring during a performace of rasa-lila are not understood by the western media or peoples.

I sent email to CNN to explain it was a festival etc., and - to ask it to be covered and no mention not even on their website!

Guest guest

Update on Bhojadeva Prabhu's Condition & Appeal for Assistance

BY: JIVANUGA DAS

Aug 22, IMPHAL, MANIPUR (SUN) — By now the entire worldwide devotee community must have heard of the tragic events that took place in Manipur on Janmastami. The devotees of ISKCON Manipur wish to thank everyone for their continued prayers and blessings for all of the vaisnavas who were injured and for those who have left this world. We will continue to provide updates on the situation.

At this time, we would like to bring attention to the condition of Bhojadeva dasa and also make a humble appeal on his behalf for funds in order to help pay for his medical expenses.

Bhojadeva dasa is a disciple of Srila Prabhupada who joined in 1972. Anyone who knows him is familiar with his gentle nature, warm laugh, and expertise in the kitchen.

Bhojadeva was sitting just 8 feet from the grenade when it exploded. His body shielded several devotees from the main force of the blast including H.H. Bhaktisvarupa Damodara Swami. If he had not been sitting there these devotees would have been more severely injured or even killed as Bhojadeva has a very big body and was able to absorb the force of the explosion.

Somehow by the mercy of the Holy Names of the Lord he was able to maintain consciousness the entire frantic ride to the hospital. He never stopped chanting the maha-mantra even though he had sustained massive trauma all over his body. The doctors have told us that his maintaining consciousness greatly contributed to his survival as he did not go into shock and was only 5or 10 minutes away from them not being able to save him. By the time he went into surgery Bhojadeva had no pulse or blood pressure. A team of surgeons worked for five hours to save his life. Several of them had been to the temple earlier in the day with their families for darshan, one was passed by emergency vehicles while on his way to the temple and realized he should proceed to the hospital.

Following surgery Bhojadeva was moved to intensive care so that he could be monitored around the clock. Afterwards, they commented that anyone else without such a strong constitution, positive outlook and faith would not have survived. The lead surgeon went on do say that he survived due to Lord Krsna’s blessings, to which Bhojadeva replied that Krsna works through his devotees, only to have the doctors humbly state that they were simply doing their duty. There are over one million Gaudiya vaisnavas in Manipur and many of the doctors and nurses come to work wearing tilak.

Bhojadeva is now out of any immediate danger, but he still has a long road to recovery. While he sustained shrapnel wounds over much of his body, the most serious are in the face, chest, abdomen, left arm and hand. The surgeons removed the fragments from the chest and abdomen, they have repaired all of the damage in these areas. A chest tube was inserted for drainage. The areas that will need reconstruction are the more serious of his injuries. His left arm and hand received massive damage, with a 6 inch area inside the elbow being completely blown away. His left hand is broken and the flesh and tendons on the back of the hand are completely gone. Both these areas will need reconstruction and skin grafts. The doctors feel that he can regain 90%-95% of movement in the arm and hand with proper treatment and rehab.

The injuries to his face are even more severe. The force of the blast blew a large part of his nose away and simultaneously fractured the bones around the nose and eyes including the orbitals or eye sockets. This has resulted in leakage from the brain cavity which is very serious. Fortunately, the discharge has been lessening and the doctors are quite encouraged with this. Patients with these types of injuries run the risk of developing meningitis. He will need reconstructive surgery to repair the fractures and fix his nose. The greatest area of concern is his right eye, there is inflammation of the optic nerve from either shrapnel or bone fragments. It is possible that he may lose vision in that eye. The hospital in Manipur does not have the equipment to assess the situation further. But the doctors are hopeful that if we get him to a better facility there is a chance to repair the damage.

Please join us in praying to Lord Nrisimhadeva that his eye will be alright. We are in the process of moving him to a hospital in Thailand that specializes in reconstructive surgery and doctors can examine his eye further. Jivan Mukta das, Sacirani devi dasi and myself will be accompanying him to Bangkok to take care of him while he rehabilitates from is injuries.

It is on behalf of this sincere disciple of Srila Prabhupada and devotee of Lord Sri Krsna, that we are appealing for financial help with his medical expenses. If you would like help please send you offering by wire transfer or electronic check to:

Sarah Meade (Sacirani devi dasi)

BANK: Islanders Bank

BRANCH: Friday Harbor

BANK ADDRESS: 255 Blair Ave, Friday Harbor, WA 98250

ROUTING NUMBER: 125107820

CREDIT TO: Sarah Meade

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 211067384

Or you can mail a personal check, money order or small cash amount to:

Sarah Meade (Sacirani devi dasi)

PO Box 1316

Friday Harbor, WA 98250

To send a message for Bhojadeva, ask updates regarding his condition or to let us know of your wire/donation please email: sacirani@

Please continue to pray to Lord Nrisimhadeva and Lord Krsna for Bhojadeva dasa and the other vaishnavas injured in this attack so that their recovery can be speedy along by their blessings. Thank you and Hare Krsna!

Your servant,

Jivanuga das

Spiritualists and devotees of the one Supreme Lord really need to put aside any doctrinal differences and join together to oppose tyhe demonic atheistic forces.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700 bgColor=white border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>

Sampradaya Sun

</TD></TR><TR><TD width=700>

Christian Communities Condemn Manipur Bombing

BY: PRAKASH DUBEY

Aug 22, SILIGURI, WEST BENGAL (ASIANEWS) — Leaders from all faiths have joined in unanimous condemnation and sit-in protests.

A grenade attack that killed five Hindus and injured another 40 as they prayed in the temple of Krishna in Manipur “is a concrete sign of blind hatred, a violent attack on shared values of love and coexistence that should be unreservedly condemned by all who love peace.”

Talking to
AsiaNews
, this is how Christian leaders of the north-eastern state described the attack on 16 August against the Hindu community gathered for prayer in the temple of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, where devotees light special votive lamps.

“It is a cowardly and inhuman act and deserves the worst condemnation. We are shocked and praying that this insane violence will stop as soon as possible," said Kungsong Wangbe, a pastor of the local Adventist Church.

John Shimray, a Catholic social activist, added: “The logic of killing and injuring innocent devotees of any faith engaged in prayer is beyond comprehension. The aim is simply to trigger sectarian violence in the state but this cannot be allowed. We must all condemn this cult of violence and not fall into the trap.” Shimray continued: “The seven northeastern Indian states are already caught up in a whirlpool of violence. Those who perpetrate it may try to justify it by citing political reasons but certainly not religious ones. No god forgives those who shed innocent blood.”

Manu Das, a Hindu priest working at the temple, said: “We are grateful towards all those who have expressed their solidarity with us at this time and who joined us in a sit-in protest against this diabolical act.”

The identity or motivations of the perpetrators are still unknown but police are focusing their investigations on organizations struggling for Manipur’s independence from India. The state has around two million inhabitants and 19 separatist organizations.

Public protests continue over ISKCON bombing

The Imphal Free Press recently reported, "Public protests continued for a fourth day over the ISKCON outrage last week that left five persons dead and dozens of others injured.

A large number of people, particularly women vendors and meira paibis staged a demonstration protesting against at Samurou bazar today, organised by the Samurou Nupi Chaokhat Thourang Lup.

Samurou market was was shut down for the day as a mark of respect to those slain and injured in the bombing

Similar protests were held at Khagempalli Huidrom Leikai, organised by the Khagempalli Huidrom Leikai Meira Lup and at Keisamthong, organised by the Sana Janmasthan Nupi Lup.

L Sarojini president, Sana Janmasthan Nupi Lup speaking briefly to the media, said the organisation would extend full support to any action taken against those culprits responsible for the ISKCON bombing who she said do not know the value of life.

About 300 womenfolks under the banner of the Sagolband Sayang Pukhri Kurao Makhong Meira Paibi Lup also staged a day long protest-sit-in today at Tera bazar. Womenfolks of Khagempalli Huidron Leikai also staged a sit-in-protest against the bomb blast at ISKCON.

In the meantime, the All Manipur Anganwadi Worker`s & Helpers Federation has expressed strong condemnation to the ISKCON bomb blast that left five person killed and injured over 50 people. The All Manipur JAC for Prevention of Terrorist Activities, which was formed by civil society bodies in reaction to the incident, has informed that all preparations are complete for the protest rally planned to be held on August 23.

Disclosing the programme fixed for the rally, a JAC spokesman said the rally would commence at 8 am from the ISKCON complex, and pass through Keishampat junction, Wahengbam Leikai, and Khoyathong, and culminate at THAU ground where a public meeting would be held.

JAC convenor, Thokchom Mani, who reiterated that the the attack was a barbaric and beastly act, urged all sections to help bring its inhuman perpetrators to book On the other hand, he complained that despite the chief minister O Ibobi Singh`s promise for payment of ex-gratia, no financial assistance has reached the victims or their families.

Mani at the same time expressed gratitude to the AMUCO for its financial assistance extended to the injured. He added that the public meeting to be held at ThAU ground would decide on the further course of action to be taken up and also adopt a set of resolutions which would be submitted to the chief minister. Mani also strongly criticized the failure of the government to establish any clues to the identity of the perpetrators even five days after the incident.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bdeva.jpg

"We arrived in Bangkok on the 24th after a 2 ½ hour flight from Kolkata. The flight was somewhat stressful for Bhojadeva and he begun to bleed and discharge CSV fluid from the nose. Bhojadeva Prabhu was admitted into one of the best hospitals in Asia. Immediately the doctors began a series of x-rays, a CT scan and cultures."

here