IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Janamastami Resolutions

Rate this topic

Mine this year is to try to chant more rounds, from this day. And I shall try to do at least 32 (or 64 if I push myself hard enough)!

Also to learn tolerance. And thereby become more humble. (for Krishna). That's it, what's yours?

Guest guest

What a pity,u say u wanna try to be more humble but ur trying to show off that u want to increase the count of chanting.

Praying god isnt like doing pushups,that u say i will increase my pushup count by 16 to 32 etc...stop fixing a limit for devotion,god cant be bought or controlled by this kinda egoistic thinkings that i will increase my count of rolls,that way u will never be able to reach god because there is no limit for his power and no limit for chanting.Most important lesson in devotion is never gauge it and never show it off to others by saying i will do this and i will do that.This is not strength training.

What a pity,u say u wanna try to be more humble but ur trying to show off that u want to increase the count of chanting.

Praying god isnt like doing pushups,that u say i will increase my pushup count by 16 to 32 etc...stop fixing a limit for devotion,god cant be bought or controlled by this kinda egoistic thinkings that i will increase my count of rolls,that way u will never be able to reach god because there is no limit for his power and no limit for chanting.Most important lesson in devotion is never gauge it and never show it off to others by saying i will do this and i will do that.This is not strength training.

Yuor right it is ego. But thats for pure devotees to say, for others like me we fell inspired. Having said that before I came to KC, I was happily chanting without EVER telling anybody about it. So I probably said this because of others. Personally I find it inspiring to hear devotees say I chanted this many rounds. Makes me feel inspired to do the same. But to say it everyday, then maybe that's not good. Better I think to actaully do it first, then 'brag;' about it. It's like Scientists who say they will build a human robot.. in the future. Let's see what happens. With Lord Nityananda Grace ANYTHING is possible. ! Forget 64 rounds, 108 Rounds. hehe.

You said showing off to others as well. I have an ego, whenever I do anything. But I am not chanting for myself, it's for Guru. So no, I am not trying to brag.

Mine this year is to try to chant more rounds, from this day. And I shall try to do at least 32 (or 64 if I push myself hard enough)!

Also to learn tolerance. And thereby become more humble. (for Krishna). That's it, what's yours?

that;s cool if you can do it.... if i tried that, i think i would spend most of my time thinking of when to finish :eek: ... so more chanting for me i think would actually be detrimental... i def need to work on the quality part.

Guest guest

my resolution is to not make any resolutions that I can commit to with absolute fixation and determination.

Making and breaking vows is not a habit I want to get in to.

I am not ready for absolute fixation and I know that.

I just pray the Lord to see me through till someday I have fulfilled my family obligations and I can take to bhajan with total fixation.

till then, I am the snake charmer trying to keep the snake from killing me.

My resolution is to increase my bank balance from ten crores of rupees to one hundred thousand crores of rupees! And then I will hoard it all!

No seriously I just wish to re-dedicate myself to Lord Krishna's lotus feet. I have wandered off again, like a lost sheep. Please take me back and make me strong. I must become a pure devotee!

Guest guest

Nice try but no ur still bragging

I didn't see it that way. It's not my style to make public resolutions on a bulletin board, but still... I think we need to lighten up just a bit. If I make a New Year's resolution that I would like to lose weight or whatever, that's not bragging. We're talking about something that may or may not happen, something in the future. Pankaja prabhu is talking about making a pledge to chant more. If he comes back 2 months from now and claims that he fulfilled his pledge, then maybe we can say it is "bragging." Until then, it is little more than a pledge, a resolution, which may never come into fruition.

And as far u getting motivated to hear devotees chant the mantra,again ur wrong if u get motivatio from outside and not inside then ur devotion isnt true

Most of us are not yet pure enough to receive total inspiration from within. We require the association of devotees. We become motivated by going the the Temple, by Sadhu Sanga, by reading inspirational stories from the Scriptures. Many of us come to these very forums for inspiration and motivation, and I assume you have as well. If you're going to chastise Pankaja prabhu for requiring "outside" motivation, then it's almost as if you are declaring (bragging!) to everyone that you are "above" all this, that you are fully motivated from within, without needing sat sanga, darshana at the Temple, study of Sastra, etc.