IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktavasya

question about lord nityananda

Rate this topic

1. A godbrother (SP disciple) has composed a song called ''Nityananda Kicks', which he has made a CD of. When questioned about the origin of the inspiration, he said that in the Chaitanya Bhagwat there are 2 incidents of Lord Nityananda actually kicking someone in the head. One instance involved a Buddhist monk who was eating meat and in the other Nityananda kicked Sivananda Sena in the head. Is there any truth to these alleged pastimes? He is going to be performing this song, amongst others, at Vancouver Rathayatra this weekend. My objection to him is that, without knowing the glories of Lord Nityananda as the most merciful and deliverer of the most fallen, this song makes Lord Nityananda sound like a thug, going around kicking people in the head.

Making himself visible, Vyasa welcomed his guest and the Lord offered his obeisances before Srila Vyasadeva. At that time, Nityananda Prabhu travelled to the seat of the Buddhists, where the Lord found them sitting together with one another. He questioned them, but no one replied in answer. Being angered by the Buddhists, the Lord kicked them on the head. Laughing, the Buddhists fled and Nityananda Prabhu continued on his pilgrimage undismayed.

-Chaitanya Bhagavata.

I know the verse is in CB, but I can't find it yet. This pastime makes me laugh. Must have been a proper good kick, those Buddists need a good kick, maybe up the backside as well. In the head is even better. Haha