IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

beilvie in God? then bow ur head

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i have a question, ever y time i talk bout God, people say that i always nag and pester them with my talk of Krsna.. but they can talk bout there training, sexual adventures, children etc..

why shall we always bow our heads to there wishes and go and lay down like dogs where they point us to go? im starting to get tired of this attitude they have.. people say to me that they accept me having faith in God etc, and act like they are doing me a favour in accepting me.. that i should be glad they accept me, and as a result i tell them that they should accept me as blindly as i do with there bad maners like eating meat and stuff.. that they nag more bout there things then i do..

why should always we bow over heads for people with demonical attitude etc? they should bow there heads!

maybe its my military nature talking, my father is a military officere so im a ksatriya, also my siksa guru told me that my harsh nature is a result of this.. but still, why should I/We bow to there stupid wims?:confused:

i have a question, ever y time i talk bout God, people say that i always nag and pester them with my talk of Krsna.. but they can talk bout there training, sexual adventures, children etc..

why shall we always bow our heads to there wishes and go and lay down like dogs where they point us to go? im starting to get tired of this attitude they have.. people say to me that they accept me having faith in God etc, and act like they are doing me a favour in accepting me.. that i should be glad they accept me, and as a result i tell them that they should accept me as blindly as i do with there bad maners like eating meat and stuff.. that they nag more bout there things then i do..

why should always we bow over heads for people with demonical attitude etc? they should bow there heads!

maybe its my military nature talking, my father is a military officere so im a ksatriya, also my siksa guru told me that my harsh nature is a result of this.. but still, why should I/We bow to there stupid wims?:confused:

Because if you don't you might do more harm than good. Tolerance is a very difficult lesson :rolleyes:

Tolerance yeah, but not acquiessence. I also am fed up with people who refuse to talk about God all the time so I avoid contact with them for any length of time. I like to think and talk about God so i should search out others of a like mind and respectfully avoid the rest. Failing that it's best to be alone in this world.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I am similar in thought to Govinda Das prabhu where in iam frustrated with people's "acceptance" of us. It is sad to see people like that who think talking about mundane activities as cool as opposed to God as a general topic as a sensistive and forbidden issue....wierd this Kali.

As Srila Prabhupada said to not closely associate with non-devotees and just ignore them and carry on to our best till we practice full Bhakti!

Haribol!

anand

No one really wants to know me. Sometimes when they're obviously perturbed that the party is pooped I leave them with the Indian saying: "Never make friends with an elephant trainer unless you have room in your living room for an elephant".

But yes, silence and solitude are heavenly compared to the exploiters tearing at your every second.

Guest guest

oh good! i see im not alone with having these thaughts! this strenghten me indeed!! it feel good to have this forum so i can ventilate my mind here with answers from my brothers and sisters, with thaughts arouse from God con.

it would be natural to people to accept 1 and another.. always oki aslong it hasnt to do anything with God.. kali is strange indeed..

Where I am, the evangelical Christians have the overwhelming numerical advantage...bring up alternative spiritual topics at your own risk! :eek3:

So no need to risk anything. Just show them bhakti in Christ's teachings and life example. Instead of praying for a nice wife and kids they should pray for love and devotion.

The message is unmotivated devotional love for the Lord and not religious affiliation.

Say the wrong thing to some(most) of them and they'll get set off into a tirade about the devil and god knows what else.

I had several of them back in the 70's want to do an excorcism on me and cast out the reincarnation demon that had possessed me. I prayed to Jesus to save me and he kindly did. I am serious. There were six or seven of them and they were starting to circle me. Jesus got me through an opening in the group. :outta: Then I remembered His teaching about not giving pearls to swine for they will just trample you under their feet.

So no need to risk anything. Just show them bhakti in Christ's teachings and life example. Instead of praying for a nice wife and kids they should pray for love and devotion.

The message is unmotivated devotional love for the Lord and not religious affiliation.

Say the wrong thing to some(most) of them and they'll get set off into a tirade about the devil and god knows what else.

I had several of them back in the 70's want to do an excorcism on me and cast out the reincarnation demon that had possessed me. I prayed to Jesus to save me and he kindly did. I am serious. There were six or seven of them and they were starting to circle me. Jesus got me through an opening in the group. :outta: Then I remembered His teaching about not giving pearls to swine for they will just trample you under their feet.

I gave up on having any kind of spiritual discussions with Christians a long time ago...even diluting things to "universal spirituality" is enough to set them off on a tear. Best you can do is show a good example with everyday behavior and in relationships with others.

Good story and not surprising. Did they corner you out on the street while you were in devotee clothes? I remember being semi-attacked by Jesus Freaks about mid-70's but I was in regular attire...all they did was tell me that if I crossed the street without getting saved right then and there I would get run over by a car and go straight to hell.

Guest guest

This is fine BUT I will never deny Krishna to appease them. They will not deny their beliefs to appease me, and respect is a 2 way street. If they don't want to talk about Krishna, FINE, but I will not sit and listen to their hellfire preaching about Vaishnavas. They either respect the fact I am not a Christian, or we cannot be friends.

Yes you make a good point - even some people who are devoted get upset when i start talking about Krishna and "Prabhupada says" - one can become frustrated when others only wish to talk mundane topics - which have their place - but - they avoid talking about God.

That is why the message board system is nice - you can talk your feelings about God etc., and other like minded souls can comment at any time after you've posted. God bless the internet!

Good story and not surprising. Did they corner you out on the street while you were in devotee clothes? I remember being semi-attacked by Jesus Freaks about mid-70's but I was in regular attire...all they did was tell me that if I crossed the street without getting saved right then and there I would get run over by a car and go straight to hell.

"Go straight to hell. Don't pass go. Don't collect $200." :deal:

No I had blooped and happened upon a Christian coffee house which was set up to attract young people. I heard singing of praises to Jesus and as it was open to the public I wandered in. We had an interesting conversation which was all about how I was wrong in suggesting that God's arrangement was that everyone would eventually become conscious of Him and thus "be saved." I also said reincarnation was the mechanism. That really set them off. One guy who thought he knew all about that "hindu stuff" then said something about how we Hare Krsna's chanted in sanskrit and how I very well could be sent by the "Enemy" (we all know who that is) to infiltrate their group by chanting sanskrit and pretending I was speaking in tongues during prayer. It was shortly after that that they got the idea of doing an excorcism to free me free the reincarnation demon that possed me. I am laughing as I remember this... it was so damn strange.

There was this one group of Christians that started coming down to where we chanted everyday with big signs which they held up in front of the kirtana party to block the innocent public from seeing us. We would then circumambulate them and dance and sing as we made circles around them. LOL ...Oh such fun days!!! they would then leave right away. They came three days in a row. Our strategy was to "bliss them out." No arguments, no bad vibes just kirtana joyfully performed. We felt Jesus was satisfied with us.

As the Bible says "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal." Bliss wins everytime.