IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Christians Protest at Hare Krishna Parade

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A group of Christian Protestors tried to cause a ruckus at a Hare Krishna parade. They came with big signs and bellhorns. One of the protestors mockingly wore a cow suit, to imply Hindu Krishnas worship a cow-god. You can see the picture below. :(

static.flickr.com/26/40320167_a686d6c79d_m.jpg

They were really loud and obnoxious.. but but not sure how many (if any) they scared away from learning more about Sri Krishna.

A group of Christian Protestors tried to cause a ruckus at a Hare Krishna parade. They came with big signs and bellhorns. One of the protestors mockingly wore a cow suit, to imply Hindu Krishnas worship a cow-god. You can see the picture below. :(

40320167_a686d6c79d_m.jpg

They were really loud and obnoxious.. but but not sure how many (if any) they scared away from learning more about Sri Krishna.

Those weren't christians they were crazy fanatics who have no understanding of anything - i'd love to see how they would react if a chanting party set up outside their church one sunday - how long before they become violent and/or call police?

I hope people know that there are many so-called christian groups that are cults and they get their followers to behave in these obnoxious manners...

Guest guest

Those weren't christians they were crazy fanatics who have no understanding of anything - i'd love to see how they would react if a chanting party set up outside their church one sunday - how long before they become violent and/or call police?

I hope people know that there are many so-called christian groups that are cults and they get their followers to behave in these obnoxious manners...

Those protestors were probably some good ole boy baptist or pentecostal, hell-fire and brimstone types. They think everyone but born again Christians will be sent to eternal damnation and they have no problem being rude and obnoxious to people of other faiths. Sadly, America has a lot of these types. Europe not so many, because they learned so much from their history of religious intolerance in the dark ages. Protests like the above would be seen as one step away from the public heretic-burnings of a few centuries back.

Anyway, there is little reasoning with people like that above. They had no interest in dialogue, that's for sure. But yeah, I'd love to see their reaction if some devotees where outside their church parking lot chanting! :biggrin:

Hare Krishna devotees can win converts by their love of God and joy in public chanting, and reasonable dialogue, not by twisted scare tactics (like signs that say become a Hare Krishna or burn forever) and "protests" of other people's freedom of religion.

People that don't believe in God's eternal love for every jiva, I feel sorry for. How sad to portray God as some monster, waiting to roast us.

Those protestors were probably some good ole boy baptist or pentecostal, hell-fire and brimstone types. They think everyone but born again Christians will be sent to eternal damnation and they have no problem being rude and obnoxious to people of other faiths. Sadly, America has a lot of these types. Europe not so many, because they learned so much from their history of religious intolerance in the dark ages. Protests like the above would be seen as one step away from the public heretic-burnings of a few centuries back.

Anyway, there is little reasoning with people like that above. They had no interest in dialogue, that's for sure. But yeah, I'd love to see their reaction if some devotees where outside their church parking lot chanting! [:biggrin:]

Hare Krishna devotees can win converts by their love of God and joy in public chanting, and reasonable dialogue, not by twisted scare tactics (like signs that say become a Hare Krishna or burn forever) and "protests" of other people's freedom of religion.

People that don't believe in God's eternal love for every jiva, I feel sorry for. How sad to portray God as some monster, waiting to roast us.

No doubt :)

Guest guest

devotee trying to talk some sense to one of the 'protestors':

static.flickr.com/29/40320165_c6367d3e66_m.jpg

maybe he will be at the next parade as a devotee instead of a disrupter. ;)

Sad but HKs must forgive them, apologize for causing this "ruckus", and then everything will be alright. You cannot expect Christians to stand by and watch their country taken over by alien faiths. It is a natural self-preservative instinct.

Guest guest

Sad but HKs must forgive them, apologize for causing this "ruckus", and then everything will be alright. You cannot expect Christians to stand by and watch their country taken over by alien faiths. It is a natural self-preservative instinct.

alien faiths? what are you talking about! if there is any native faith in America it is the Native American beliefs! Maybe they should reclaim their land from the alien invaders, what do you say?

In case you didn't know: the Christian religion started in the middle east; it originally was an alien faith to the West. But that never stopped Christianity, especially Roman Catholic Christianity, from imposing itself all over Europe, destroying ancient traditions, and temples, and making sure that Europe was thorougly Christianized. It's just in recent times, people in Europe have started reconstructing their ancient traditions, but that's another story.

All this talk of alien faiths in America is Christian propaganda. In case you don't know, in America, we have Freedom of religion, despite what the cronies at the Christian Coalition will try and tell you about this being a "Christian nation". This a nation made up of people of many faiths! and intolerant bigots have no right to try to intimidate followers of other sects like the Gaudiya sect..

There are Krishna Temples in MANY US cities, and HK's are just as much Americans as any fundamentalist Christians.

I've watched several of your posts and they always are anti-Vedic religion.

Please take your Christian propaganda to a Pat Robertson forum, and quit imposing it on us.

Oh dear soul that 'protesting' of a religious gathering was hardly emulating the non-violence you preach in that other thread you've opened. You're saying that the HK's caused the "ruckus"?

With all due respect dear soul - you are not even hardly aware of what true christianity is and - you have a vague and false understanding of the Hebrew texts [and as such - of messiah and the messianic age] - you have your right to your understanding of 'faiths' but - comments like - "You cannot expect Christians to stand by and watch their country taken over by alien faiths. It is a natural self-preservative instinct" - such comments clearly allude to extremist leanings - in your false 'exclusivity' you cannot see that the Islamists are saying the exact same thing in the nations where those groups hold some sway?

What is an alien faith? Who are you to decide? In some places your faith is the alien faith - do you wish to set in motion an intolerance that shall end up haunting your own god-brothers and god-sisters in less enlightened societies?

This is no news at all. Those characters have been at the LA Rathayatra every year for a very long time. In fact, my daughter said she didn't see them at all this year, so we thought they had given up. It's good to see that they still remember Lord Jagannath.

Some people choose the strangest ways to hear about Krishna :crazy:

Rather than pretend to protest the should just drop the ego and share a meal and conversation, its not like we bite :eek:

"If one loves Krishna, he must love Lord Jesus also. And if one perfectly loves Jesus he must love Krishna too. If he says, "Why shall I love Krishna? I shall love Jesus," then he has no knowledge. And if one says, "Why shall I love Jesus? I shall love Krishna", then he has no knowledge either. If one understands Krishna, then he will understand Jesus. If one understands Jesus, you'll understand Krishna too"

(Srila Prabhupada - Room conversation with Allen Ginsberg, May 12, 1969 / Columbus - Ohio)

:outta:

Guest guest

static.flickr.com/26/40320167_a686d6c79d_m.jpg

......................THEY WILL GAIN NOTHING BY THERE ACTIONS THOSE FOOLS, THEY WILL ONLY INCUR BAD KARMA by disrupting krishnas devotees!

......................THEY WILL GAIN NOTHING BY THERE ACTIONS THOSE FOOLS, THEY WILL ONLY INCUR BAD KARMA by disrupting krishnas devotees!
They never cause any real disruption. They're a sadly amusing footnote, and if they help draw media attention to the festival, then it's probably not all bad.