IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

Help Me! Need INFO traveling to Vrndavan Dhama ki jai!

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna!

I have been blessed with the opportunity to return to Vrndavan Dhama this October coming. I have not been since 25 years now, and then i was young and under the supervision of my father.

He is old now, and has not been back since our time together. And from what i have heard Vrndavan and the rest of India has changed a lot.

I am asking for advice.

How to carry money there?

Do debit cards work?

Should one use strickly the amex travelers checks?

I know to avoid eating anything out of the Krsna Balarama temple, and only having bottled water, but is there more advice about eating/drinking?

Is there a site for Vrndavan's Holy Places with downloadable maps?

Help!

Thank you very much in advance, yours, Bhakta Chris

The Andhara Bank charged 2% last time I was in Vraja to take money out on a debt card. The card must have a visa or mastercard logo on it and be part of NYCE or THE EXCHANGE or PLUS.

Check this url and you can read other pertinent information about tavel to India:

http://www.purebhakti.com/parikramas/vraja/The_Journey.shtml

FYI food outside of Krsna Balarama is more than safe if you only take prasadam from other mathas, or from clean venders near Bankibihari temple.

Most ATM cards work if they have the Star, Cirrus or Plus logos on them. The usual fee is $1.50 per transaction. If your withdrawl limit is $400, then it comes to 0.4%, which is better than travelers cheques or most money changers.

Drink bottled water. The better brands would be Aquafina or Bailey. I would avoid Bisleri unless the other two aren't available.

There are two restaraunts at the ISKCON temple in Vrindavan. One is next to the temple guest house and is ran by a local person. But there is a much better restaraunt inside the MVT guest house complex ran by devotees.

Guest guest

There are two restaraunts at the ISKCON temple in Vrindavan. One is next to the temple guest house and is ran by a local person. But there is a much better restaraunt inside the MVT guest house complex ran by devotees.

Hare Krsna!

I have been blessed with the opportunity to return to Vrndavan Dhama this October coming. I have not been since 25 years now, and then i was young and under the supervision of my father.

He is old now, and has not been back since our time together. And from what i have heard Vrndavan and the rest of India has changed a lot.

I am asking for advice.

How to carry money there?

Do debit cards work?

Should one use strickly the amex travelers checks?

I know to avoid eating anything out of the Krsna Balarama temple, and only having bottled water, but is there more advice about eating/drinking?

Is there a site for Vrndavan's Holy Places with downloadable maps?

Help!

Thank you very much in advance, yours, Bhakta Chris

Gopa Hari Vrindavana

Gopila Nachate

Jaya Krsna Jaya Krsna

Krsna Bolo Re

Vrindavana is such a location where full of Gopa (cowherd boys) and where all cowherd girls dances in ecastic love of Krsna. Only chant Krsna Krsna, you will arrive at Vrindavan

there's another restaurant now (forget the name of it offhand). it's in a posh new ashram just round the corner from iskson. a bit rich, but it seems clean, and the rotis are good.

i think there's a devotee who cooks and does take-aways, pizzas, packed lunches and things like that in the pepsi building.

or you could buy a small gas stove and cook your own spaghetti or rice or veggies. it'd be lighter on your tummy.

buy dosas in the shop on the lane opposite banke bihari. get buttermilk from near there too. mmmmmm......