IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

What rasa do you have with Sri KRSNA: Friendly, brotherly, parental or conjugal?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Once, I heard ( from one who never lied to me, a siksa guru) that ones attractions indicates hints as to swarup siddhi.

That said, I speculate that Im attracted to Sri Jatayu, and King Guha, both of Ramayana Fame. Both could be considered servants, however, Jatayu was a contemporary of King Dasaratha, therefore, had parental affection for Lord Ramachandra. The Jungle King Guha, was most irreverent, always joking, so, he served, but was also parent and friend of Lord Rama, and because he also had no shyness in joking with Srimati Sitadevi, he perhaps had a little consort in him as well.

Actually, Im attracted to all these flavors. I dont have any attraction for "gopi superiority" that some seem to possess, which I find very superficial the way they toss these feelings around. They are offensive to those whose position is very instrumental to Krsna who is carrying out his pastimes. The blade of grass may be seen as being in santa rasa, but, viewing from another perspective, we see soothing foot massage that is only done by gopis and gopas.

So, Pick one? I want my awe to be replaced by irreverent friendship.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Thanks for the laugh - it was so Max.

I remember when I wanted to be a blade of grass to cushion Sri Caitanya's fall. I guess that was still parental affection though, in ghastly humility. But if that's all I can get, it would be an honour indeed.

Guest guest

I am attracted to Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja therefore I must also be attracted to the Rupanuga guru varga, yet in this stage of my development I actually have no realisation of that (Rupanuga). Therefore my only hope is while understanding that the manjaris exist and having faith in that I must follow Sri Rupa as Srila Rupa Goswami and especially his teachings in Sri Upadeshamrta for that is my only hope as a rank neophyte.

Guest guest

None.

[quote name='krsna

:pray: All Glories to the Beloved Son of Mother Yasoda!:pray:[/quote']

What rasa do you have with Sri KRSNA: Friendly, brotherly, parental or conjugal?

A devotee should think of himself as being in dasya rasa, untill he is forcibly elevated by Krsna to a higher relationship.

I am most certainly in dasya rasa.

A devotee should think of himself as being in dasya rasa, untill he is forcibly elevated by Krsna to a higher relationship.

Can you provide a reference for that..?

namaskar

I fancy myself as a cowherd boy and being out in the forest with Krishna witnessing his various pastimes like the killing of Aghasura and others...

dhenu-01.jpg

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Can you provide a reference for that..?

namaskar

it is merely my understanding and my mood of service, altough indirect references to such an approach can be found in BR Sridhara Maharaja's teachings.

I fancy myself as a cowherd boy and being out in the forest with Krishna witnessing his various pastimes like the killing of Aghasura and others...
I agree i feel the same way, as a gopa in the fields of vraja tending the cows and watching my beloveds past times.

There are basically two varieties of attraction.

The first, subject to change with the evolution of the individual's psyche, arises when a particular relationship is in tune with the conditioned mindset of the jiva. Young girls may be attracted to gopis, and middle-aged men who long for their frolicsome childhood days long gone may be attracted to cowherd boys. A rowdy character may be attracted to Narasimha.

The second attraction, arising causelessly and forcefully in the heart, commonly contracted in contact with devotees who are well-established in their identities and of whom this mood emanates, even if unspoken, is altogether transcendent in nature, born of the pure self. The first kind of attraction will, however, also purify the self when contemplated upon.

Guest guest

There are basically two varieties of attraction.

The first, subject to change with the evolution of the individual's psyche, arises when a particular relationship is in tune with the conditioned mindset of the jiva. Young girls may be attracted to gopis, and middle-aged men who long for their frolicsome childhood days long gone may be attracted to cowherd boys. A rowdy character may be attracted to Narasimha.

The second attraction, arising causelessly and forcefully in the heart, commonly contracted in contact with devotees who are well-established in their identities and of whom this mood emanates, even if unspoken, is altogether transcendent in nature, born of the pure self. The first kind of attraction will, however, also purify the self when contemplated upon.

I think that is a good explanation.

especially the part "when a particular relationship is in tune with the conditioned mindset of the jiva".

I have always therefore avoided trying to understand my attraction to Krishna in a particular way beause I know that my "conditioned mindset" would have too much influence.

Despite that, even though I am a rowdy and a male ego in the material sense, I am finding some preference for madhurya-rasa deep in my heart.

At least I think I am developing that way, but it is probably a little too soon to know for sure.

I have always therefore avoided trying to understand my attraction to Krishna in a particular way beause I know that my "conditioned mindset" would have too much influence.

Despite that, even though I am a rowdy and a male ego in the material sense, I am finding some preference for madhurya-rasa deep in my heart. At least I think I am developing that way, but it is probably a little too soon to know for sure.

Therefore, it's a good idea to start working on getting rid of the conditioned mindset right now. Reflecting on one's relationship with Krishna on the basis of one's conditioned frame of mind is only of limited benefit, but of even less benefit is the wading through of (something-like-a-devotional) life without having any clear sense of direction, or of only superficial focus.

The meaning of bhakti means the establishment of a favorable relationship with Krishna -- relationship in the capacity he wants to have people around him as; not as Bhakta Bonk the Book Distributor or Swami Salami the Big Guru Figure. No: Following the service-moods of Krishna's eternal companions.

Apply yourself to intense sadhana. Chant more. Hear more. Remember more. Make your heart have a crystalline quality, let the rays of divine emotion be justly reflected on its surface. Don't be a man of a million interests, be focused and determined to see the story through, see what the path of sadhana has to offer.

Therefore, it's a good idea to start working on getting rid of the conditioned mindset right now. Reflecting on one's relationship with Krishna on the basis of one's conditioned frame of mind is only of limited benefit, but of even less benefit is the wading through of (something-like-a-devotional) life without having any clear sense of direction, or of only superficial focus.

The meaning of bhakti means the establishment of a favorable relationship with Krishna -- relationship in the capacity he wants to have people around him as; not as Bhakta Bonk the Book Distributor or Swami Salami the big guru figure. No: Following the service-moods of Krishna's eternal companions.

Apply yourself to intense sadhana. Chant more. Hear more. Remember more. Make your heart have a crystalline quality, let the rays of divine emotion be justly reflected on its surface. Don't be a man of a million interests, be focused and determined to see the story through, see what the path of sadhana has to offer.

Chapter Seventeen from Jaiva Dharma

Nitya-dharma O Sambandhabhidheya Prayojana (Prameyantar-gata Maya-mukta-jiva-vicara)

Eternal Religion and Sambandha, Abhidheya and Prayojana (The Souls Free From Maya's Prison)

Vrajanatha: What is the final destination of the soul who is a devotee of Lord Gaura-kisora (Lord Chaitanya)?

Babaji: Krishna and Gaura-kisora are not different. They are both shelters of the feature of sweetness (madhurya-rasa). They do have one difference. Madhurya-rasa (the Lord's sweetness) has two features: 1. madhurya (sweetness), and 2. audarya (mercy). When sweetness is prominent, Lord Krishna is manifested. When mercy is prominent, Lord Gauranga is manifested. The spiritual world of Vrindavan is divided into two abodes: 1. the abode of Lord Krishna, and 2. the abode of Lord Gaura. The eternally perfect and eternally liberated souls who have sweetness first and mercy second reside in Lord Krishna's abode. They are Lord Krishna's associates. The eternally perfect and eternally liberated souls who have mercy first and sweetness second reside in Lord Gaura's abode. They are Lord Gaura's associates. Some souls manifest two forms and reside in both abodes simultaneously. Other souls manifest only one form and are present in one of the abodes and not in the other. Souls who during the time of sadhana worship only Lord Gaura, at the time of attaining perfection go to Lord Gaura's abode and serve Him there. Souls who during the time of sadhana worship only Lord Krishna, at the time of attaining perfection go to Lord Krishna's abode and serve Him there. Souls who during the time of sadhana worship both Lord Krishna and Lord Gaura, at the time of attaining perfection manifest two forms, go to both Lord Krishna's abode and Lord Gaura's abode, and in their two forms serve the two Lord's simultaneously in both places. This truth: that Lord Gaura and Lord Krishna are simultaneously one and different from each other, is a very confidential secret.:pray:

Guest guest

yes, I knew that already, but thanks for the encouraging words.

I am unfortunately in the middle of something that will take some time to work out.

I do hope and pray that someday before I get too old and weak that I will be able to just dedicate myself to 64 rounds a day and shastric studies.

I am unfortunately in the middle of something that will take some time to work out.

I do hope and pray that someday before I get too old and weak that I will be able to just dedicate myself to 64 rounds a day and shastric studies.

CC Adi 8.15: If you are indeed interested in logic and argument, kindly apply it to the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. If you do so, you will find it to be strikingly wonderful.

CC Adi 8.16: If one is infested with the ten offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, despite his endeavor to chant the holy name for many births, he will not get the love of Godhead that is the ultimate goal of this chanting.

CC Adi 8.17: "By cultivating philosophical knowledge one can understand his spiritual position and thus be liberated, and by performing sacrifices and pious activities one can achieve sense gratification in a higher planetary system, but the devotional service of the Lord is so rare that even by executing hundreds and thousands of such sacrifices one cannot obtain it."

CC Adi 8.18: If a devotee wants liberation or material sense gratification from the Lord, Krishna immediately delivers it, but pure devotional service He keeps hidden.

CC Adi 8.19: [The great sage Narada said:] "My dear Maharaja Yudhishthira, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krishna is always ready to help you. He is your master, guru, God, very dear friend and head of your family. Yet sometimes He agrees to act as your servant or order-carrier. You are greatly fortunate because this relationship is possible only by bhakti-yoga. The Lord can give liberation [mukti] very easily, but He does not very easily give one bhakti-yoga, because by that process He is bound to the devotee."

CC Adi 8.20: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has freely given this love of Krishna everywhere and anywhere, even to the most fallen, such as Jagai and Madhai. What then to speak of those who are already pious and elevated?

CC Adi 8.21: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, is fully independent. Therefore, although it is the most confidentially stored benediction, He can distribute love of Godhead to anyone and everyone without consideration.

CC Adi 8.22: Whether he is offensive or inoffensive, anyone who even now chants sri-krishna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda is immediately overwhelmed with ecstasy, and tears fill his eyes.

CC Adi 8.23: Simply by talking of Nityananda Prabhu one awakens his love for Krishna. Thus all his bodily limbs are agitated by ecstasy, and tears flow from his eyes like the waters of the Ganges.

CC Adi 8.24: There are offenses to be considered while chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. Therefore simply by chanting Hare Krishna one does not become ecstatic.

CC Adi 8.25: "If one's heart does not change, tears do not flow from his eyes, his body does not shiver, and his bodily hairs do not stand on end as he chants the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, it should be understood that his heart is as hard as iron. This is due to his offenses at the lotus feet of the Lord's holy name."

CC Adi 8.26: Simply chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra without offenses vanquishes all sinful activities. Thus pure devotional service, which is the cause of love of Godhead, becomes manifest.

CC Adi 8.27: When one's transcendental loving service to the Lord is actually awakened, it generates transformations in the body such as perspiration, trembling, throbbing of the heart, faltering of the voice and tears in the eyes.

CC Adi 8.28: As a result of chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, one makes such great advancement in spiritual life that simultaneously his material existence terminates and he receives love of Godhead. The holy name of Krishna is so powerful that by chanting even one name, one very easily achieves these transcendental riches.

CC Adi 8.29-30: If one chants the exalted holy name of the Lord again and again and yet his love for the Supreme Lord does not develop and tears do not appear in his eyes, it is evident that because of his offenses in chanting, the seed of the holy name of Krishna does not sprout.

CC Adi 8.31: But if one only chants, with some slight faith, the holy names of Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, very quickly he is cleansed of all offenses. Thus as soon as he chants the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, he feels the ecstasy of love for God.

CC Adi 8.32: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the independent Supreme Personality of Godhead, is greatly magnanimous. Unless one worships Him, one can never be liberated.

CC Adi 8.33: O fools, just read Sri Caitanya-mangala! By reading this book you can understand all the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

CC Adi 8.34: As Vyasadeva has compiled all the pastimes of Lord Krishna in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Thakura Vrindavana dasa has depicted the pastimes of Lord Caitanya.

CC Adi 8.35: Thakura Vrindavana dasa has composed Sri Caitanya-mangala. Hearing this book annihilates all misfortune.

CC Adi 8.36: By reading Sri Caitanya-mangala one can understand all the glories and truths of Lord Caitanya and Nityananda and come to the ultimate conclusion of devotional service to Lord Krishna.

CC Adi 8.37: In Sri Caitanya-mangala [later known as Sri Caitanya-bhagavata] Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura has given the conclusion and essence of devotional service by quoting the authoritative statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam.

CC Adi 8.38: If even a great atheist hears Sri Caitanya-mangala, he immediately becomes a great devotee.

CC Adi 8.39: The subject matter of this book is so sublime that it appears that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has personally spoken through the writings of Sri Vrindavana dasa Thakura.

CC Adi 8.40: I offer millions of obeisances unto the lotus feet of Vrindavana dasa Thakura. No one else could write such a wonderful book for the deliverance of all fallen souls.

CC Adi 8.41: Narayani eternally eats the remnants of the food of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura was born of her womb.

CC Adi 8.42: What a wonderful description he has given of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya! Anyone in the three worlds who hears it is purified.

CC Adi 8.43: I fervently appeal to everyone to adopt the method of devotional service given by Lord Caitanya and Nityananda and thus be freed from the miseries of material existence and ultimately achieve the loving service of the Lord.

CC Adi 8.44: Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura has written Sri Caitanya-mangala and therein described in all respects the pastimes of Lord Caitanya.

CC Adi 8.45: He first summarized all the pastimes of the Lord and later described them vividly in detail.

CC Adi 8.46: The pastimes of Lord Caitanya are unlimited and unfathomable. Therefore, in describing all those pastimes, the book became voluminous.

CC Adi 8.47: He saw them to be so extensive that he later felt that some had not been properly described.

CC Adi 8.48: He ecstatically described the pastimes of Lord Nityananda, but the later pastimes of Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained untold.

CC Adi 8.49: The devotees of Vrindavana were all very anxious to hear those pastimes.

CC Adi 8.50: In Vrindavana, in a great place of pilgrimage underneath the desire trees, is a golden throne bedecked with jewels.

CC Adi 8.51: On that throne sits the son of Nanda Maharaja, Sri Govindadeva, the transcendental Cupid.

CC Adi 8.52: Varieties of majestic service are rendered to Govinda there. His garments, ornaments and paraphernalia are all transcendental.

CC Adi 8.53: In that temple of Govindaji, thousands of servitors always render service to the Lord in devotion. Even with thousands of mouths, one could not describe this service.

CC Adi 8.54: In that temple the chief servitor was Sri Haridasa Pandita. His qualities and fame are known all over the world.

CC Adi 8.55: He was gentle, tolerant, peaceful, magnanimous, grave, sweet in his words and very sober in his endeavors.

CC Adi 8.56: He was respectful to everyone and worked for the benefit of all. Diplomacy, envy and jealousy were unknown to his heart.

CC Adi 8.57: The fifty qualities of Lord Krishna were all present in his body.

CC Adi 8.58: "In one who has unflinching devotional faith in Krishna, all the good qualities of Krishna and the demigods are consistently manifested. However, one who has no devotion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead has no good qualifications because he is engaged by mental concoction in material existence, which is the external feature of the Lord."

CC Adi 8.59: Ananta Acarya was a disciple of Gadadhara Pandita. His body was always absorbed in love of Godhead. He was magnanimous and advanced in all respects.

CC Adi 8.60: Ananta Acarya was a reservoir of all good qualities. No one can estimate how great he was. Pandita Haridasa was his beloved disciple.

CC Adi 8.61: Pandita Haridasa had great faith in Lord Caitanya and Nityananda. Therefore he took great satisfaction in knowing about Their pastimes and qualities.

CC Adi 8.62: He always accepted the good qualities of Vaishnavas and never found fault in them. He engaged his heart and soul only to satisfy the Vaishnavas.

CC Adi 8.63: He always heard the reading of Sri Caitanya-mangala, and all the other Vaishnavas used to hear it by his grace.

CC Adi 8.64: Like the full moon, he illuminated the entire assembly of Vaishnavas by speaking Sri Caitanya-mangala, and by the nectar of his qualities he increased their transcendental bliss.

CC Adi 8.65: By his causeless mercy he ordered me to write about the last pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

CC Adi 8.66: Govinda Gosani, the priest engaged in the service of Lord Govinda in Vrindavana, was a disciple of Kasisvara Gosani. There was no servant more dear to the Govinda Deity.

CC Adi 8.67: Sri Yadavacarya Gosani, a constant associate of Srila Rupa Gosvami, was also very enthusiastic in hearing and chanting about Lord Caitanya's pastimes.

CC Adi 8.68: Bhugarbha Gosani, a disciple of Pandita Gosani, was always engaged in topics regarding Lord Caitanya, knowing nothing else.

CC Adi 8.69: Among his disciples were Caitanya dasa, who was a priest of the Govinda Deity, as well as Mukundananda Cakravarti and the great devotee Krishnadasa.

CC Adi 8.70: Among the disciples of Ananta Acarya was Sivananda Cakravarti, in whose heart Lord Caitanya and Nityananda constantly dwelled.

CC Adi 8.71: In Vrindavana there were also many other great devotees, all of whom desired to hear the last pastimes of Lord Caitanya.

CC Adi 8.72: By their mercy, all these devotees ordered me to write of the last pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because of their order only, although I am shameless, I have attempted to write this Caitanya-caritamrita.

CC Adi 8.73: Having received the order of the Vaishnavas but being anxious within my heart, I went to the temple of Madana-mohana in Vrindavana to ask His permission also.

CC Adi 8.74: When I visited the temple of Madana-mohana, the priest Gosani dasa was serving the feet of the Lord, and I also prayed at the Lord's lotus feet.

CC Adi 8.75: When I prayed to the Lord for permission, a garland from His neck immediately slipped down.

CC Adi 8.76: As soon as this happened, the Vaishnavas standing there all loudly chanted, "Haribol!" and the priest, Gosani dasa, brought me the garland and put it around my neck.

CC Adi 8.77: I was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book.

CC Adi 8.78: Actually Sri Caitanya-caritamrita is not my writing but the dictation of Sri Madana-mohana. My writing is like the repetition of a parrot.

CC Adi 8.79: As a wooden doll is made to dance by a magician, I write as Madana-gopala orders me to do so.

CC Adi 8.80: I accept as my family Deity Madana-mohana, whose worshipers are Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami.

CC Adi 8.81: I took permission from Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura by praying at his lotus feet, and upon receiving his order I have attempted to write this auspicious literature.

CC Adi 8.82: Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura is the authorized writer on the pastimes of Lord Caitanya. Without his mercy, therefore, one cannot describe these pastimes.

CC Adi 8.83: I am foolish, lowborn and insignificant, and I always desire material enjoyment; yet by the order of the Vaishnavas I am greatly enthusiastic to write this transcendental literature.

CC Adi 8.84: The lotus feet of Sri Rupa Gosvami and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami are my source of strength. Remembering their lotus feet can fulfill all one's desires.

CC Adi 8.85: Praying at the lotus feet of Sri Rupa and Sri Raghunatha, always desiring their mercy, I, Krishnadasa, narrate Sri Caitanya-caritamrita, following in their footsteps

It's not the situation. It's the direction. ;)

Guest guest

many times devotees use shastra as a blunt instrument for beating on the heads of those whom they have some apathy towards.

When we use shastra as a hammer (we see that little icon with his hammer in his hand) to beat-up on people with, then we are missing something.

We should only beat up on ourselves.

We should not ever think we are in the position to be hammering on other people as if we hold some position of judge, jury and executioner.

If we want to hammer on someone, we should hammer on ourselves.

Otherwise, we should just be friendly, caring and compassionate on the suffering souls of this world - especially those who are stuggling to try and keep the faith in Krishna despite so much opposition from maya.

Guest guest

It's not the situation. It's the direction. ;)

it's never been the situation I guess, but just a matter of determination.

my determination has been lacking greatly for while now.

Maybe that is because I think that perfection is so rarely acheived even by great sadhakas striving for many lifetimes.

the direction?

is that as in the goal we are seeking or as in getting the right directions on how to get there?

Guest guest

I do not mean to offend anyone here but it takes a long time just to get past the anartha stage but we have many people here thinking they may be gopas and gopis. I'm not sure if that is a good thing to assume one is in such exalted positions.

I am most certainly in dasya rasa.

it's never been the situation I guess, but just a matter of determination.

my determination has been lacking greatly for while now.

Maybe that is because I think that perfection is so rarely acheived even by great sadhakas striving for many lifetimes.

the direction?

is that as in the goal we are seeking or as in getting the right directions on how to get there?

You need a dose of biographies of Gaudiya Vaisnava saints. :cool: I find the invaluable in maintaining a faith in the possibilities of the path within the lifetime. Of course, there's nothing better than meeting and watching the real thing, but in the absence of that... For example Kapoor's "Saints of Vraja" is a good read.

Direction: Well, both really. But I meant, "It's not a question of what situation you're in now -- it's a question of heading to the right direction."