IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

- Golden Age - By Srila Prabhupada

Rate this topic

At the end of this Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as the incarnation of Kalki, and His only business will be to kill all human beings on the surface of the globe. After that killing, another golden age will begin.

SB. 4.22.26 p

If people take to this saìkértana movement of chanting Hare Kåñëa, Hare Räma, they will certainly be freed from the contamination of Kali-yuga, and the people of this age will be happy, as people were in Satya-yuga, the golden age.

Sb.9.10.51 p

Sréla Jéva Gosvämé has explained this verse in his commentary on the Bhägavatam, known as the Krama-sandarbha, wherein he says that Lord Kåñëa also appears with a golden complexion. That golden Lord Kåñëa is Lord Caitanya, who is worshiped by intelligent men in this age. That is confirmed in Çrémad-Bhägavatam by Garga Muni, who said that although the child Kåñëa was blackish, He also appears in three other colors—red, white and yellow. He exhibited His white and red complexions in the Satya and Tretä ages respectively. He did not exhibit the remaining color, yellow-gold, until He appeared as Lord Caitanya, who is known as Gaura Hari.

Cc, Adi.3.52

A Vaishnava says, that this means if this (Sankirtana Movement) is still going on, then Lord Kalki will Join the Movement). I won't mention who, but right here Prabhupada says it. I guess certain devotees know what Prabhupada said.

Age of Sankirtana is 10,000 years long. Almost 400,000 years of degradation follow that before Kalki avatara. We definitely have to be out of here in 9,500 years.

Then what is tha meaning of the 10,000 figure?

From http://vedabase.net/sb/8/5/23/en

When KRSNa appeared, He gave His orders, and when KRSNa Himself appeared as a devotee, as SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu, He showed us the path by which to cross the ocean of Kali-yuga. That is the path of the Hare KRSNa movement. When SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu appeared, He ushered in the era for the saGkIrtana movement. It is also said that for ten thousand years this era will continue. This means that simply by accepting the saGkIrtana movement and chanting the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra, the fallen souls of this Kali-yuga will be delivered. After the Battle of KurukSetra, at which Bhagavad-gItA was spoken, Kali-yuga continues for 432,000 years, of which only 5,000 years have passed. Thus there is still a balance of 427,000 years to come. Of these 427,000 years, the 10,000 years of the saGkIrtana movement inaugurated by SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu 500 years ago provide the opportunity for the fallen souls of Kali-yuga to take to the KRSNa consciousness movement, chant the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra and thus be delivered from the clutches of material existence and return home, back to Godhead.

Found it:

PrabhupAda: Kalki.

Allen Ginsberg: Now, what is Kalki's nature?

PrabhupAda: Kalki's nature, that is described in BhAgavata. He will come just like a prince, royal dress with sword, and on horseback, simply killing, no preaching. All rascals killed. No more preaching. (laughing) That is the last. There will be no brain to understand what is God.

Allen Ginsberg: There will be no brain to understand God?

PrabhupAda: They will be so dull, so dull. It requires brain to understand. Just like in the BhAgavata it is said that evaM prasanna-manaso [sB 1.2.20], "fully joyful," bhagavad-bhakti-yoga, "by practice of bhakti-yoga." EvaM prasanna-manaso bhagavad-bhakti-yogataH, mukta-saGgasya: "and freed from all material contamination." He can understand God. Do you think God is so cheap thing, anyone will understand? Because they do not understand, they present something nonsense: "God is like this. God is like that. God is like that." And when God Himself comes, that "Here I am, KRSNa," they don't accept it. They'll create their own God.

Allen Ginsberg: So Kalki comes at the end of the Kali-yuga?

PrabhupAda: Yes.

Allen Ginsberg: And is Kalki connected with the Kali-yuga cycle?

PrabhupAda: Yes. Kalki, yes.

Allen Ginsberg: So He would come at the end of Kali-yuga to end the yuga.

PrabhupAda: Yes. Then Satya-yuga will begin.

Allen Ginsberg: Then what begins?

PrabhupAda: Satya-yuga.

Allen Ginsberg: Which is?

PrabhupAda: Satya-yuga, the pious. Satya-yuga. People will be pious, truthful, long-living.

Allen Ginsberg: Are those people that remain or whatever new creation comes out of the destruction?

PrabhupAda: Some of them will remain, some of them. It will not completely extinguish. Some of them will remain, pious. ParitrANAya sAdhUnAM vinAzAya ca duSkRtAm [bg. 4.8]. All miscreants will be killed, and out of them, there must be some pious... They remain.

Allen Ginsberg: Do you think of this in terms of a historical event that will occur in the lifetime of your disciples?

PrabhupAda: No. This will happen at least 400,000's of years after, at least. So by that time...

Allen Ginsberg: They will go down, down, down for 400,000 years?

PrabhupAda: Yes. So at that time my disciples will be with KRSNa. (laughter)

Devotees: Haribol!

PrabhupAda: And those who will not follow them, they will see the fun, how they are being killed. (laughter)

<B>Allen Ginsberg: 400,000 years. Will people still be chanting Hare KRSNa in 400,000...

PrabhupAda: No. Hare KRSNa will be finished within ten thousand years. There will be no more Hare KRSNa.</b>

Allen Ginsberg: Ah. So what will be left?

PrabhupAda: Nothing. Left will be I'll kill you and eat you, and you shall kill me. You shall eat me. That will be left.

Allen Ginsberg: After ten thousand years?

PrabhupAda: Yes. There will be no grain, no milk, no sugar, no fruit. So I have to eat you, and you will have to eat me. Full facility for meat-eating. (laughter) Full facility. KRSNa is very kind. He'll give you facility: "All right. Why cows and calves? You take your own son. Yes. Eat nicely." Just like serpents, snakes, they eat their own offsprings, tigers. So this will happen.

Allen Ginsberg: Kali eats her own...

PrabhupAda: Yes. And there will be no brain to understand, no preacher, nothing else. Go. Go to, to the dog. And then KRSNa will come: "All right, let me kill you so that you are saved." So...

Allen Ginsberg: But you see it as actually a historical thing of ten thousand years for the chanting, of the diminishing chanting of...

PrabhupAda: Yes. These are...

Allen Ginsberg: Well, then do you think more people will chant Hare KRSNa or fewer?

PrabhupAda: Oh, yes. More people. Now it will increase.

Allen Ginsberg: Until?

PrabhupAda: Up to ten thousand years.

Allen Ginsberg: And then?

PrabhupAda: Then diminish.

Allen Ginsberg: So what is the purpose of right now, a world increase...

PrabhupAda: People will take advantage of this up to ten thousand years. Then they will...

Allen Ginsberg: So this is like the last rope, the last gasp.

PrabhupAda: (laughs) Yes. So the sooner we take to shelter, shelter of KRSNa consciousness, is better.

Srila Prabhupada says there will be no more Hare Krishna at end of 10,000 years. But I am doubtful, is

Srila Prabhupada talking about this Age or a previous Age (of Kali-yuga), as there have been many Kali-yugas.

..devotees everywhere at this point of 10,000 years, how will they become extinct, (it's Satya-yuga).? ...I'm

not saying Prabhupada is saying something else at all.

How will devotees be wiped off the face of this Planet after 10,000 years? We can say, or others

Prabhupada says so. But how will it happen. Gaudiya Vaishnavisum is not about, because

'says so' it's about knowing 100%.

Srila Prabhupada says there will be no more Hare Krishna at end of 10,000 years. But I am doubtful, is

Srila Prabhupada talking about this Age or a previous Age (of Kali-yuga), as there have been many Kali-yugas.

i think its quite clear from the text that he is talking about the present kali yuga.

..devotees everywhere at this point of 10,000 years, how will they become extinct, (it's Satya-yuga).?

No it's not Satya yuga - after the 10,000 years (from now) it is still kali yuga but the movement will be winding down. Exactly how? Who knows... The text says that the satya yuga is 400,000 years (approx) from the end point of those 10,000 years.

How will devotees be wiped off the face of this Planet after 10,000 years? We can say, or others

Prabhupada says so. But how will it happen. Gaudiya Vaishnavisum is not about, because

'says so' it's about knowing 100%.

PrabhupAda: Up to ten thousand years.

Allen Ginsberg: And then?

PrabhupAda: Then diminish.

In other words, not instant wipe-out.

Okay but I'm asking how it will happen. The Golden Age is also known as Satya-yuga (please check Vedabase!).

how is a difficult question, i guess we can only speculate...

like a mini satya yuga inside kaliyuga? that's interesting... why now? forever the skeptical idiot that I am, i am inclined to say that if this 10000 years started when Mahaprabhu was around, then this isn't much of a satya yuga (YET :eek3: ) .

Ice age? Too many demons killing devotees? No one wants to chant - everyone wants to enjoy, exploit the material environment. Power mongers create devastating world war leaving only horrible mutants. Unlimited possibilities. Write your own movie script; nothing seems too extreme these days. Maybe a new or old religion will rise that will kill everyone who is not of their faith?

My take is that it will increase for 5,000 years to its height, then decrease for another 5,000 years like a bell curve.

We heard how it dwindled for a time until revitalized by Srila Bhaktivinoda. In the end I think it will be similar.

Those days when we find it difficult to chant 64 rounds, those days will be everyday for everyone in 9,500 years. No one will be able to accept the mercy.

how is a difficult question, i guess we can only speculate...

like a mini satya yuga inside kaliyuga? that's interesting... why now? forever the skeptical idiot that I am, i am inclined to say that if this 10000 years started when Mahaprabhu was around, then this isn't much of a satya yuga (YET :eek3: ) .

As it starts slowly it will fade away and you are seeing right now a huge increase of people all over the world becoming very interested in spiritual matters, you know the saying ...before it gets better it gets worse?

Why do they become interested in spiritual matters? becaue there is so much suffering right now it has increased so much and people everywhere getting more and more fed up with the life they are living. High taxes, cheating heads of states, war mongers and so on, it pushes normal folks into the right direction.

500 years ok that is not much at all, but for the world to change, so many other things have to happen first and i think the big spring cleaning has began to take place, the world will see many terrifying things in the years to come...

Ice age? Too many demons killing devotees? No one wants to chant - everyone wants to enjoy, exploit the material environment. Power mongers create devastating world war leaving only horrible mutants. Unlimited possibilities. Write your own movie script; nothing seems too extreme these days. Maybe a new or old religion will rise that will kill everyone who is not of their faith?

My take is that it will increase for 5,000 years to its height, then decrease for another 5,000 years like a bell curve.

We heard how it dwindled for a time until revitalized by Srila Bhaktivinoda. In the end I think it will be similar.

Those days when we find it difficult to chant 64 rounds, those days will be everyday for everyone in 9,500 years. No one will be able to accept the mercy.

Yes though its predicted devotees shall be everywhere on the face of this planet. (like Satya-yuga). Basically Satya-yuga, in Kali-yuga. If that's the prediction then again, nobody can say how it will end (Krishna Consciousness). Unless Lord Kalki comes to establish another Satya-yuga! (won't end even then!). Maybe those 10,000 is a 'chance', like a good atmosphere is created for us by Krishna. And it 'can' end after this, but also can carry on. Prabhupada says no, but He doesn't mention how. Theres a missing link.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna...

if i'm not mistaken, the 10000 yrs came from Lord Chaitanya. The Lord said that this sankirtan movement will go on for 10,000 yrs. This 10,000 yrs constitute the "Golden Age" of Kali-yuga. In other words, these 10,000 yrs are the most spiritually beneficial in the age of Kali. After this 10,000 yrs pass (500 passed so far) sankirtan will diminish and abominable activities increase. How will it diminish? well, we just have to open our eyes to see how easy it will be. Let say one of us here insults another devotee - we will be thrown into a downword spiral into the 8.4 million life forms, by the time you are a human again it will be wellll past the 10,000 golden years. There are 9500 yrs left, which is a frightfully small period of time to perfect ourselves!

Haribol

Mahaprabhu when He comes there is no Kali-yuga, Prabhupada was trying to scare.! So we will try to get out sooner. Anyway, doesn't make any difference. To say there will be no more Hare Krishna, but not say How?

I think answers itself. There is actually no quotes in Vedic Scriptures to say this will happen. Surely Prabhupada IS/was trying to scare us. Anyway, whether people believe or not. Upto them. Radhe Radhe

One yuga becomes another. How? Are we not to accept yugas? No Kali yuga ever? Once Satya, then always Satya. Once Sankirtana, then never again Kali. Why does intelligence and longevity diminish through each yuga? How? No explanation - then is it just to scare us? It doesn't make sense to me. I accept the 10,000 year figure.

Guest guest

Is there any quote in the scriptures that says there will be a golden age within this Kali-yuga? I have never seen a quote from the scriptures or even from Srila Prabhupada saying that.

Guest guest

Is there any quote in the scriptures that says there will be a golden age within this Kali-yuga? I have never seen a quote from the scriptures or even from Srila Prabhupada saying that.

Brahma-vaivarta Purana 59

kaler dasa-sahasrani

madbhaktah samti bhu-tale

ekavarna bhavisyamti

madbhaktesu gatesu ca

"For 10,000 years of Kali-yuga, such devotees of mine will fill the whole planet. After the departure of my devotees there will only be one varna [outcaste]." (Text 59)

Guest guest

SB 8.5.23 purport

When Kṛṣṇa appeared, He gave His orders, and when Kṛṣṇa Himself appeared as a devotee, as Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu, He showed us the path by which to cross the ocean of Kali-yuga. That is the path of the Hare Kṛṣṇa movement. When Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu appeared, He ushered in the era for the sańkīrtana movement. It is also said that for ten thousand years this era will continue. This means that simply by accepting the sańkīrtana movement and chanting the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra, the fallen souls of this Kali-yuga will be delivered. After the Battle of Kurukṣetra, at which Bhagavad-gītā was spoken, Kali-yuga continues for 432,000 years, of which only 5,000 years have passed. Thus there is still a balance of 427,000 years to come. Of these 427,000 years, the 10,000 years of the sańkīrtana movement inaugurated by Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu 500 years ago provide the opportunity for the fallen souls of Kali-yuga to take to the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement, chant the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra and thus be delivered from the clutches of material existence and return home, back to Godhead.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Devarsirat Prabhu. Sorry this is off topic, but I wish to inquire if you know a devotee from England (the Manor), a Prabhupada disciple from the 70's who studied handwriting analysis. I can't remember his name, but I thought you might know him. Thank you.

One yuga becomes another. How? Are we not to accept yugas? No Kali yuga ever? Once Satya, then always Satya. Once Sankirtana, then never again Kali. Why does intelligence and longevity diminish through each yuga? How? No explanation - then is it just to scare us? It doesn't make sense to me. I accept the 10,000 year figure.

No no, when Mahaprabhu comes it changes. Kali-yuga previous went on as normal. When Mahaprabhu appears everything changes.

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Originally Posted by Guest

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Brahma-vaivarta Purana 59

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> kaler dasa-sahasrani

madbhaktah samti bhu-tale

ekavarna bhavisyamti

madbhaktesu gatesu ca

"For 10,000 years of Kali-yuga, such devotees of mine will fill the whole planet. After the departure of my devotees there will only be one varna [outcaste]." (Text 59) </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Yes and after 10,000 years? Devotees just don't vanish from the face of the planet do they? Within the 10,000 years we have a chance. (a geat chance). It's just like Muslims say Mohammed is the last messanger of God, it makes them faithful. So this is saying for us the same.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->