IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

“the mellow taste of His service”

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Trundle the juicy mandible of night madness. Where is the chimpanzee of freedom? For in the dead green solace of icicles, the concrete manatee sings of home.

Who this boy??)))

1. It is established that separation has a higher degree of emotional intensity.

2. It is established that meeting is what Radha and Krishna strive for in the lila; they do not seek to be separated, in fact they are dead against it.

3. Though separation is the more intense of the two and hence "higher", it does not necessarily mean that separation should be cultivated.

I want to serve Srimati Radhika and be very happy to control Krsna. I want that She will order me, "Be at the door of the kunja and don't let Krsna come in." These pastimes are in my heart.
Have you ever before heard of a manjari wanting to keep Krsna away from Sri Radha. This one does.

Guest guest

1. It is established that separation has a higher degree of emotional intensity.

2. It is established that meeting is what Radha and Krishna strive for in the lila; they do not seek to be separated, in fact they are dead against it.

3. Though separation is the more intense of the two and hence "higher", it does not necessarily mean that separation should be cultivated.

Oh .............. raga))) Raga, TWO lilas

1. Krisna lila

2. Gaura lila

You knows (some) Krisna lila, but you do nit know Gaura lila. Gaura lila it is NOT Krisna lila AND Gaura lila another situation...

Separation Gaura lila it is lila INTERNAL ENERGY (you listen this words?) Lord Caitanya not has any sambhoga, like sambhoga in Krisna lila.

----------------

They do noy able understand. I am 3 years see this situation. They listen some comentary and after "comentary" confused completly.

Guest guest

Their affection for Krsna and Radharani is so pure that they are simply satisfied when Radha and Krsna are together. Indeed, their transcendental pleasure is in seeing Radha and Krsna united."

It is discription Krisna lila situation. Needs all sastra understand, in right contecsts.

Guest guest

You should go to Imlitala in Seva Kunja and ask the Babaji's there (Bhakt iSaranga Goswami's disciples) if they can tell you what they know about this.

Ask them also, to translate the verses written by Srila Sridhar Maharaj which are written on a marble tablet beside the tamarind tree.

Imli tal is glorious. Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to chant japa there. Sri Krsna satu Under this tree when Radha left the rasa dance. Here He manifested a separation mood for Radha and His mood turned his complexion golden like hers. No denying the glory of Krsna's transcendental emotion in separation. He did then return to the rasa lila , did He not?.

The appropriate Chapters in Krsna Book are:

29: The Rasa Dance: Introduction

30: Krsna's Hiding from the Gopis

31: Songs by the Gopis

32: Krsna Returns to the Gopis

You can't eliminate chapter 32 despite the glories of ch.'s 29-31.

"Thus hearing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, speaking to pacify them, the gopis became very much pleased. They became completely relieved of the great suffering of separation, not only by hearing the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead but also by touching His hands and legs. After this, the Supreme Personality of Godhead began His rasa dance. . . .

Guest guest

Is there really ever pure "sambhoga"?

As soon as Radha accomplishes union, the fear of seperation causes intense vipralambha.

In fact, is it possible the sambhoga can produce the highest type of seperation because the joy of union causes such intense feelings of "prema-vaicittya" or seperation in union?

In fact, sambhoga is almost a myth because the joy of union causes such fear of seperation that vipralambha really overpowers sambhoga totally?

Friends, in gaura lila Lord Caitanya ETERNAL enjoy vipralambha mood.

Guest guest

Is there really ever pure "sambhoga"?

As soon as Radha accomplishes union, the fear of seperation causes intense vipralambha.

In fact, is it possible the sambhoga can produce the highest type of seperation because the joy of union causes such intense feelings of "prema-vaicittya" or seperation in union?

In fact, sambhoga is almost a myth because the joy of union causes such fear of seperation that vipralambha really overpowers sambhoga totally?

Radha some times feel vipralambha, Lord Caitanya feel vipralambha mood eternal. It si so hard for unerstanding?

Guest guest

May I please present a question to the honored members of the forum?

Is Krishna the only boy in Vrindavan who likes girls?

Are all the cowherd boys eunuchs?

If Krishna is the prototype of the cowherd boys, then what is the character of the cowherd boys?

Are you trying to tell me that the gopas of Vrindavana have no interest in the gopis as Krishna does?

I think the discussion about life in Vrindavan has a big gap in it as far as understanding the rest of the cowherd boy friends of Krishna.

That is not to say that I am advocating or pursuing sakhya-rasa.

It's just a simple statement about certain topics that ARE note talked about in the general devotee population.

Guest guest

Oh .............. raga))) Raga, TWO lilas

1. Krisna lila

2. Gaura lila

You knows (some) Krisna lila, but you do nit know Gaura lila. Gaura lila it is NOT Krisna lila AND Gaura lila another situation...

Separation Gaura lila it is lila INTERNAL ENERGY (you listen this words?) Lord Caitanya not has any sambhoga, like sambhoga in Krisna lila.

----------------

They do noy able understand. I am 3 years see this situation. They listen some comentary and after "comentary" confused completly.

This statement proves you are the one who is certainly confused. Pehaps you should read Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura's Nabadwipa Mahatmya, to get some appreciation of how Nabadwipa Mayapura is non different from Vraja Mandala, and how the Gaura lila connects to Krsna lila. Heard of gaura-gunodesa-dipika? The personalities are the same. The lilas may appear different to a conditioned soul, but are understood and explained by our acaryas. Gaura lila is audarya and Krsna lila is madhurya. Who is not explaining such conceptions to you Kailasa?

"Who is Mahaprabhu? He is actually Sri Krsna, but very beautifully decorated with Radhika’s sentiments and complexion. This is Sacinandana Gaurahari. This is why He is golden – He has taken Her bhava and kanti (complexion).

There is a special consideration in understanding this very rare prema. It has two aspects –sambhoga (meeting) and vipralambha (separation). If you don’t understand both types of prema, you cannot understand Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Navadvipa. Meeting and separation are further divided into millions of aspects, but four are prominent. There are four types of sambhoga: sanksipta (brief meeting), sankirna (contracted meeting), sampanna (successful meeting) – also called sampurna (complete) – and samrddhiman (fully flourishing meeting). These four types of meeting depend on four types of separation – purva raga, mana, kincid dura pravasa and sudura pravasa.

Sanksipta-sambhoga takes place only after purva-raga. Purva-raga is separation that is felt prior to one’s initial meeting. The second type of separation is called mana, separation due to a sulky or contrary mood. Meeting after mana is called sankirna-sambhoga. This meeting is somewhat contracted because, after giving up her anger, the heroine is happy to meet with her lover but she still remembers that he has met with someone else. Next is sampanna-sambhoga. This takes place after kincid dura pravasa – separation of a short distance. An example of sampanna-sambhoga is Krsna meeting with the gopis after returning from cow grazing, or Krsna appearing before the gopis after they sang Gopi-gita.

Last is samrddhimana-sambhoga. This takes place after sudura-pravasa, a very long and distant separation – when Krsna goes to Mathura and then to Dvaraka. The meeting of Sri Radha and Lord Krsna at Kuruksetra is samrddhimana-sambhoga, as well as Krsna’s meeting with the gopis when He finally returned from Dvaraka to Vraja-mandala. Sudura-pravasa – from a neutral point of view, this separation dances over the head of sambhoga. In sambhoga, outwardly there is meeting, but inwardly something is lost. At the time of separation, on the other hand, though outwardly there is no meeting, inwardly the meeting is complete and perfect, and many realizations occur which do not occur at the time of meeting. This is the speciality of vipralambha, from a neutral point of view.

If one wants to do bhajana in vipralambha, one must cry out like Mahaprabhu, who used to lament, “Alas! Alas! Where is the Lord of My life, Sri Krsna?” This sentiment should come in the heart. If there is no vipralambha, one cannot relish milana, meeting. In vipralambha (in the stage of mohanakhya mahabhava) there are many different astonishing anubhavas (internal feelings) – divyonmada (transcendental insanity), prajalpa, jalpa and eight other types of transcendentally maddened, raving speech.

However, despite the internal joy that comes in vipralambha, none of Srimati Radhika’s associates want separation. They always want Radha and Krsna to meet. To think that They aught to be separated is actually foolishness. Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that no associates want separation, but from a neutral point of view it is clear that vipralambha has many wonderful aspects."

SBVNM

purebhakti.com/ lectures/ lecture20050321a.shtml

Guest guest

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought --

So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

Guest guest

Have you ever before heard of a manjari wanting to keep Krsna away from Sri Radha. This one does.

Thisis simply part of the pastime. Krsna has so many crafty ways of getting in to see His svamini . He can disguise himself as a laundry wallah, or the laundry itself. He can come in the dress of a brahmana astrologer to read Srimati Radhika's forehead and then reveal Himself. The manjaris keep him out while Radhika manifest her mana since they share Her mood. This mana manifests only so He can eventually break it and then enter. What part of vipralambha to increase the rasa of sambhoga escapes your mental quantum Shishira?

You will not help your spiritual advancement by trying to discredit Vaisnavas who are only your eternal well wishers. What a shame you cannot appreciate Krsna's lila and only seem to use the internet to be like a fly to the sore instead of the bee to the nectar.

Guest guest

Kailasa is Russian. He has trouble with English. Why ridicule him for that?

They do not know any russian words)

This statement proves you are the one who is certainly confused. Pehaps you should read Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura's Nabadwipa Mahatmya, to get some appreciation of how Nabadwipa Mayapura is non different from Vraja Mandala, and how the Gaura lila connects to Krsna lila. Heard of gaura-gunodesa-dipika? The personalities are the same. The lilas may appear different to a conditioned soul, but are understood and explained by our acaryas. Gaura lila is audarya and Krsna lila is madhurya. Who is not explaining such conceptions to you Kailasa?

Me friend, It is banality. And you simply do not understand a subject. You understand lord caitanya not has classical sambhoga or not? It is so hard for spiritual wision? :)

gaura-gunodesa-dipika speak ramanada is arjuna, and madhavendra kalpa vriksa. sanpradaya do not consist only manjary.

Guest guest

They always want Radha and Krsna to meet. To think that They aught to be separated is actually foolishness. Bhaktivinoda Thakura has said that no associates want separation, but from a neutral point of view it is clear that vipralambha has many wonderful aspects."

They cannot understand, in relation to gaura lila such comments are senseless simply. It is wrong comentary.

Guest guest

Again, amidst all this heated arguement, i would like to remind certain persons that union causes intense feelings of speration.

It is called "prema-vaicittya".

The idea that union is some big relief of joyous celebration is a misconception.

Radha knows that union is short lived and that soon seperation will soon come.

The whole concept of union is much over-estimated.

Union is simply a great cause of fear of seperation.

The greatest feelings of seperation happen during union.

Missing that point seems to be missing in the argument.

What part of vipralambha to increase the rasa of sambhoga escapes your mental quantum Shishira?

You will not help your spiritual advancement by trying to discredit Vaisnavas who are only your eternal well wishers. What a shame you cannot appreciate Krsna's lila and only seem to use the internet to be like a fly to the sore instead of the bee to the nectar.

You are free to use the internet to say I am offensive.

I choose to reject him and I am free to give my reasons why (I have many reasons).

You can give up Jagannatha, no harm. You can give up other incarnations, but what to do about Caitanya Mahaprabhu? What should we do? If you are serving Caitanya Mahaprabhu as well as Radha-Krishna conjugal, then it will be not one-pointed. Then what should we do? Then it will not be ananya. We should try to follow ananya. One-pointed. Not so many [ista-devas]. Otherwise how can you concentrate?

http://www.purebhakti.com/lectures/lecture20000120bpm.shtml

Call me an offender if you like to. But anyone who advocates giving up worship of Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a fool. And the bigger fools are the people who follow that fool.

Guest guest

Syamarani dasi: Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami is speaking to his mind. Actually he is speaking to us through the medium of his mind, and teaching us to broom the dirt away from the mind by these prayers. Srila Gurudeva has explained, that when our Guru Maharaja Srila Prabhupada, and when Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada say that one should beat the mind with a shoe and with a broomstick, in the morning and in the night, they mean this; - that we should chant these prayers, very sweetly brooming, by offering humble prayers to the mind in very sweet words. So here Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami is praying to his mind, "Please do not perform dharma or adharma, that is, religious [or irreligious] activities which are described in the Vedas. Don't try for any high material position, of going to heavenly planets, getting resultant good birth, power and so forth, by performing pious activities; and don't make yourself and myself go to hell, by engaging in sinful activities. Rather, you should engage your full energy in worshipping Radha and Krishna. Do profuse loving service to Radha-Krishna Yugala, here in Vraja, because the Srutis have ascertained Them as the Absolute Truth."

Now, very often, our guru-varga asks the following question. In fact, all the commentators mentioned in [our publication of] Sri Manah-Siksa have asked this question - that here Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami is saying, "Worship Radha and Krishna Yugala here in Vraja, consider that Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Gaura Hari is non-different from Sri Nanda-nandana, Sri Krishna; and always worship my Guru, and consider him as the dearmost servant of Mukunda".

So, on one hand, we are supposed to engage in eka-nistha, one-pointed bhakti, and [yet] here, he is saying, "Worship Radha and Krishna, worship Lord Caitanya, and worship guru". So this appears to be three. So, very mercifully, Srila Gurudeva explains everywhere in the world, how this is one-pointed, because actually he [Ragunatha dasa Gosvami] is saying that we should always consider Sacinandana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as that very same Krishna, who took the bhava and complexion of Srimati Radharani, in order to understand Her love. So, we don't have to worship Radha and Krishna, and Lord Caitanya separately. Lord Caitanya is guru-varam, the supreme guru, Who is Radha and Krishna Themselves combined together, to teach us how to worship Them. And our guru is very dear to Mukunda, meaning that he is a maidservant of Radhika - which makes him so close to Mukunda, that Mukunda falls at his feet, and begs him to pacify the mana of Srimati Radhika. So actually, this is one-pointed worship, and Srila Gurudeva will explain.

Srila Narayana Maharaja: Very good. Thank you. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has given the explanation of this second sloka. That is, in the first sloka it is said that you should give up all varieties of false egos, worldly egos; 'I am this person, I am the father of that person, I am the mother of that person, I am the husband of that lady, I am the wife of that man", and doing all kinds of things [acting the part of various relationships]'. So, he [srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura] is saying that if we will do the service of Radha and Krishna, giving up all kinds of worldly designations, then we cannot live. We will die. We must die, because we will not be like householders, or anyone [i.e. we will not be in varnasrama]. I am only serving and serving Krishna. So, how can we maintain our life? If you are not grhastha, you are not doing dharma and adharma. What is dharma?

Guest guest

It is said in the Skanda Purana:hanti nindati vai dvesti vaisnavan nabhinandatikrudhyate yati no harsam darsane patanani satquoted in Hari-bhakti-vilasa (10.312)The six causes of downfall are to beat a Vaisnava, to slander him, to bear malice against him, to fail to welcome or please him, to display anger towards him, and to not feel pleasure upon seeing him.

Guest guest

Vaishnava Aparadha & The Path of Spiritual Caution)

by His Divine Grace

Paramahamsa Vaisnava Thakura Srila Bhakti Promod Puri Goswami Maharaja

THE ETYMOLOGICAL development of the word aparadha is radhat arthat aradhanat- apagatah, which means "to be distanced from worship." Offenses committed at the lotus feet of Vaishnavas, the Devotees, distance one from devotional service to the Supreme Lord. But in a higher sense it means to be removed from the service of Sri Radha. All divine service to Krishna is being conducted under her direction. To offend her servitors is to make one unfit for her divine service. The whole aim of Krishna consciousness is radha-dasyam, the divine service of Sri Radha, and offenses at the lotus feet of Vaishnavas make one unfit for such service.

The Lord is overly protective of his devotees (bhakta-vatsala ). He cannot tolerate any offenses against them. They have bhakti (devotion), and they can awaken it within us. Bhakti is the sole means to attract Krishna, who is a slave of devotion. The same is true of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. The Caitanya-Bhagavata states:

A person can attain the shelter of Mahaprabhu only by the grace of a higher Vaishnava. Religious practices and even chanting the Holy Name without devotion is useless.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada writes in his commentary:

Without developing a spirit of service, chanting the Holy Name is vain. Real devotion can only be cultivated when one receives the blessings of an unalloyed devotee.

Bhakti means devotion. Vrndavana dasa Thakur says:

If a person commits an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaishnava, even though he may have received Krishna's mercy, he will never attain divine love, prema. (Chaitanya-bhagavata Madhya-lila 22.8)

Srila Prabhupada writes:

Even if one is a Vaishnava, if he commits offenses to the Holy Name, he becomes unfit to render pure devotion. Although it may appear that he is still being shown favor by the Lord as he continues to make a show of chanting without difficulty, the Lord is actually very displeased with him because of his antagonism toward devotees. Therefore, to give up nama-aparadha we must first give up sadhu-ninda or finding fault with devotees.

Guest guest

If a person commits an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaishnava, even though he may have received Krishna's mercy, he will never attain divine love, prema. (Chaitanya-bhagavata Madhya-lila 22.8)

Yes. But as Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur and Srila Gaura Govinda Maharaja have each pointed out rather strikingly, WHO is a Vaishnava? A Vaishnava is rare. For there to be Vaishnava-aparadha, first there must be a Vaishnava.

Somebody who runs away from his guru's matha, to stay with those inimical to Gurudeva, is probably not a Vaishnava. Somebody whose guru orders him never to initiate, but who then violates that order, is probably not a Vaishnava. Somebody who habitually lies in order to further his own interests is probably not a Vaishnava.

Certainly we should avoid offending Vaishnavas. But not just every Tom, Dick and Hari wearing a dhoti should be considered a Vaishnava.

Guest guest

Yes. But as Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur and Srila Gaura Govinda Maharaja have each pointed out rather strikingly, WHO is a Vaishnava? A Vaishnava is rare. For there to be Vaishnava-aparadha, first there must be a Vaishnava.

Somebody who runs away from his guru's matha, to stay with those inimical to Gurudeva, is probably not a Vaishnava. Somebody whose guru orders him never to initiate, but who then violates that order, is probably not a Vaishnava. Somebody who habitually lies in order to further his own interests is probably not a Vaishnava.

Certainly we should avoid offending Vaishnavas. But not just every Tom, Dick and Hari wearing a dhoti should be considered a Vaishnava.

Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda-dev Goswami Maharaja has advised that we respect everyone according to their adhikara. That means we must also honor kanistha bhaktas. If this is true then to disrespect them is aparadha. What is someone who "Somebody who runs away from his guru's matha, to stay with those inimical to Gurudeva", later returns and becomes an exalted Vaisnava? If we are just critisizing then what is will be OUR position? It sounds like you see much negativity within the environment. Srila Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhar-dev Goswami Maharaja would often quote, "the enemy is within".

Guest guest

". . . It is said that giving good counsel to a foolish person causes the fool to become angry, just as feeding milk to a snake only increases its venomous poison. Saint Vidura was so honorable that his character was looked up to by all respectable persons. But Duryodhana was so foolish that he dared to insult Vidura. "

TEXT 14

TEXT

ity ucivams tatra suyodhanena

pravrddha-kopa-sphuritadharena

asat-krtah sat-sprhaniya-silah

ksatta sakarnanuja-saubalena

SYNONYMS

iti--thus; ucivan--while speaking; tatra--there; suyodhanena--by Duryodhana; pravrddha--swollen with; kopa--anger; sphurita--flapping; adharena--lips; asat-krtah--insulted; sat--respectable; sprhaniya-silah--desirable qualities; ksatta--Vidura; sa--with; karna--Karna; anuja--younger brothers; saubalena--with Sakuni.

TRANSLATION

While speaking thus, Vidura, whose personal character was esteemed by respectable persons, was insulted by Duryodhana, who was swollen with anger and whose lips were trembling. Duryodhana was in company with Karna, his younger brothers and his maternal uncle Sakuni.

PURPORT

It is said that giving good counsel to a foolish person causes the fool to become angry, just as feeding milk to a snake only increases its venomous poison. Saint Vidura was so honorable that his character was looked up to by all respectable persons. But Duryodhana was so foolish that he dared to insult Vidura. This was due to his bad association with Sakuni, his maternal uncle, as well as with his friend Karna, who always encouraged Duryodhana in his nefarious acts.

". . . Such is the situation of palace life and the intricacies of diplomacy that even a faultless person like Vidura could be charged with something abominable and punished.

TEXT 15

TEXT

ka enam atropajuhava jihmam

dasyah sutam yad-balinaiva pustah

tasmin pratipah parakrtya aste

nirvasyatam asu purac chvasanah

SYNONYMS

kah--who; enam--this; atra--here; upajuhava--called for; jihmam--crooked; dasyah--of a kept mistress; sutam--son; yat--whose; balina--by whose subsistence; eva--certainly; pustah--grown up; tasmin--unto him; pratipah--enmity; parakrtya--enemy's interest; aste--situated; nirvasyatam--get him out; asu--immediately; purat--from the palace; svasanah--let him breathe only.

TRANSLATION

Who asked him to come here, this son of a kept mistress? He is so crooked that he spies in the interest of the enemy against those on whose support he has grown up. Toss him out of the palace immediately and leave him with only his breath.

PURPORT

When getting married, the ksatriya kings would take on several other youthful girls along with the married princess. These girl attendants of the king were known as dasis, or attendant mistresses. By intimate association with the king, the dasis would get sons. Such sons were called dasi-putras. They had no claim to a royal position, but they would get maintenance and other facilities just like princes. Vidura was the son of such a dasi, and he was thus not counted amongst the ksatriyas. King Dhrtarastra was very affectionate toward his younger dasi-putra brother, Vidura, and Vidura was a great friend and philosophical advisor to Dhrtarastra. Duryodhana knew very well that Vidura was a great soul and well-wisher, but unfortunately he used strong words to hurt his innocent uncle. Duryodhana not only attacked Vidura's birth, but also called him an infidel because he seemed to support the cause of Yudhisthira, whom Duryodhana considered his enemy. He desired that Vidura he immediately put out of the palace and deprived of all his possessions. If possible, he would have liked him caned until he was left with nothing but his breath. He charged that Vidura was a spy of the Pandavas because he advised King Dhrtarastra in their favor. Such is the situation of palace life and the intricacies of diplomacy that even a faultless person like Vidura could be charged with something abominable and punished. Vidura was struck with wonder at such unexpected behavior from his nephew Duryodhana, and before anything actually happened, he decided to leave the palace for good.

Guest guest

Some make Prabhupada aparadha therefore nothing not understand spiritual matter.