IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gaea

Christian prayer

Rate this topic

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Krsna, EVERYBODY'S father, is indeed in Vrndavana - hallowed is His name :)

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done,

Nothing happens without His will, not even a blade of grass in the wind can move without Him.

On earth as it is in heaven.

Wow, yes! The material world is a reflection of the spiritual world (only a skewed reflection).

Give us this day our daily bread;

And forgive us our debts,

As we also have forgiven our debtors;

Let us be free of karma?

And lead us not into temptation,

Don't let us be lead away by sense gratification.

But deliver us from evil.

BE OUR SAVIOUR :pray:

*Give us this day our daily bread;

**And forgive us our debts,

As we also have forgiven our debtors;

* Here Lord Jesus is instructing to always feel oneself "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God." So there is a deeper meaning of sustenace that we will grow to understand.

**In the application of this mood of OUR forgiving others we see real Christianity. This is not only something to be repeated as a daily practice but to be actually internalized.

The BIG word here is 'AS'. The Father forgives us AS we forgive others.

And as we develop in this way we will find ourselves more and more in a karma free relationship with the Lord.

* Here Lord Jesus is instructing to always feel oneself dependent on the Lord for one's sustenance. He also said man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God. So there is a deeper meaning behind sustenace that we will grow to understand.

**In the application of this mood of OUR forgiving others we see real Christianity. This is not only something to be repeated as a daily practice but to be actually internalized.

The BIG word here is 'AS'. The Father forgives us AS we forgive others.

And as we develop in this way we will find ourselves more and more in a karma free relationship with the Lord.

Yes i wondered about the bread part - thank you for your insight! I have a question - in the last supper He likened the bread to his flesh and wine to His blood - what is the significance of this do you think?

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done,

O scion of Bharata, surrender unto Him utterly. By His grace you will attain transcendental peace and the supreme and eternal abode. BG 18.62

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear. BG 18.66

That is the way of the spiritual and godly life, after attaining which a man is not bewildered. If one is thus situated even at the hour of death, one can enter into the kingdom of God. BG 2.72

Thus practicing constant control of the body, mind and activities, the mystic transcendentalist, his mind regulated, attains to the kingdom of God [or the abode of Krsna] by cessation of material existence. BG 6.15

One can understand Me as I am, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, only by devotional service. And when one is in full consciousness of Me by such devotion, he can enter into the kingdom of God. BG 18.55

On earth as it is in heaven.

There is no difference between the kingdom of God and the devotional service of the Lord. Since both of them are on the absolute plane, to be engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord is to have attained the spiritual kingdom. In the material world there are activities of sense gratification, whereas in the spiritual world there are activities of Krsna consciousness. Attainment of Krsna consciousness even during this life is immediate attainment of Brahman, and one who is situated in Krsna consciousness has certainly already entered into the kingdom of God. BG 2.72p

AMEN

Haribol. Excellent responses from my two best friends here. Such good teachings exist from this vaisnava acarya. Vaisnavism has been all but erased by mechanations of Pope Sylvester and the Sol Invictus worshipper. Constantine, where they concocted Jesus to be the Father, but those who accept this initiation mantra from Lord Jesus Christ, who says to his disciples "Pray this, as I do", do not artificially make Lord Jesus out to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead who has sent Him.

I do no such artificial deification of Lord Jesus Christ, yet try to hear from Him in light of acintya-bheda-bheda-tattva, that is, his purpose is non-different from whom he calls Abbah, Eloy, Jahovia, etc. Lord Jesus Christ's mission is consistant with his being sent by the Supreme Lord. Read on for clarifications.

<CENTER> </CENTER>

Two thousand years ago, three mystic travelers practicing worship of the Supreme Lord, became enlightened by this service. Through the science of astrological calculations, this Object of their worship led them from Kurdistan, Afghanistan, and India, to Bayt Lahm. Gathering spices, exotic resins, and gold for sacrificial offering, they were led to the birthsite of a simple newborn in very humble surroundings. Although a royal heir to both Davidian and Solomonic branches of the dynasty of Israel, this child was born in bondage to Rome. Yet, because these three travelers were devoted to the Lord, they were led to His most confidential servant, Lord Jesus Christ. Celebrating his birth with sweet honour, they returned to their homes, not at all deviating from the religion which satisfied their desires for redemption. They knew of NO King James, Aquinas, nor of Christian Coalitions, yet they practiced yoga, became unified in purpose and service to the one Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Many of today's so-called christians are very uncomfortable with a description of the Maji and their religious practices. They are more uncomfortable with historical data concerning Lord Jesus Christ's appearance, his Essene religious practice of healing arts, his travels between the ages of twelve to thirty, etc. For some strange reason, they say God incarnated as His son and studied carpentry for more than half his years on earth.

These same people have elevated a demoniac King James of England to a position of spiritual authority, thus impersonalizing the greatest of philosophers. Lord Jesus Christ never says that he IS his Father, and when his disciples tried to exalt his position, he always defers to his Father. By nullifying the Father, one nullifies the son and the wonderful relationship existing between Father and Son, the relationship Lord Jesus Christ tries to share with the world.

The present christianity espoused by the bigoted, unloving, uncaring materialists is not only useless, it is most offensive to those desiring to follow the precepts of Lord Jesus Christ. Using the banner of the cross (the weapon used to kill him), they villify the followers of other great teachers, philosophers, ascetics, mystics, gurus, and saintly acaryas who are not against their so-called lord. They say that Jesus is the absolute, only salvation, whereas Lord Jesus Christ admonishes his disciples' criticisms of outsiders, saying, "Those not againstus are with us."

Fanatics want to convert by force and coersion. Lord Jesus Christ converts by free choice and love. Those who think christians are better and more loved by God than others who are more oriented to His purpose and devoted to the Lord are offenders to the Holy Names and are rejected. Lord Jesus speaks of loving enemies, what to speak of loving his children who lovingly call Him by other Names.

Lord Jesus Christ is the son of David via Joseph, and the son of Solomon via the maternity of Mary, the Axumite Hebrew. Scripture concerning his early travels exist in Bengal, Tibet, Yucatan, Akkadia, etc., yet King James hid them from his professional writers contracted to translate. A concoction called "trinity" has been placed in the minds of modern christians, frustrated into calling Him a "mystery".

Although trinity is clear, that is, three distinct and separate aspects of divinity, (internal, external, and marginal potencies), singular in purpose, an impersonalist hodgepodge philosophy which keeps all people away from the Lord is in place. If the son IS the Father, then neither can exist. The truth is clear, only the concoctions by the king and the bible author, (some who claim him to be Francis Bacon, others say that William Shakespeare is the contractor) are "mysterious".

Lord Jesus Christ teaches us to develop our love with his Father by the process of "hallowing" (honoring, revering, singing with great love) his holy Name. The Supreme Father, via Paramatma (holy spirit), teaches us internally to love His son as His Own. Simple. Render to the king what is his, taxes, honour, etc., but spiritual authority placed on unworthy persons is eternal suicide.

Perhaps on this topic line, we can analyze the other shaktivesa avatar via the other prayer honouring Mother Mary. This evening, perhaps. Sure is a great topic, though, thanks for bringing it up, Gaea.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Was waiting with such anticipation for the Max words; but this, this was so profound and beautiful, Mahak, even far beyond my high expectations.

Laughing, then crying from the sheer beauty, I offer absolute gratitude for such perfect revelation of truth. May it enter the hearts of the world and save us all from the hypocrisy of our times.

More than any, this, the thread of threads, needs to be in the group of "Most interesting threads".

Guest guest

The Siksastaka

Glory to the Sri Krsna sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

My Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by chanting Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.

O son of Maharaja Nanda (Krsna), I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms of Your lotus feet.

O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs on my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

O Govinda! Felling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly in His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.

Yes i wondered about the bread part - thank you for your insight! I have a question - in the last supper He likened the bread to his flesh and wine to His blood - what is the significance of this do you think?

Sorry Gaea, I don't know exactly. But I feel the Catholics have it correctly when they accept a consecrated wafer and a little wine or juice as being the very substance of Christ Himself as Maha-prasadam.

Another SPECULATION I have that is meaningful to me is that the bread represents transcendental knowledge of God and the wine as Prema for the Lord which is the current of Life for the Bhakta. Afterall that is what Lord Jesus Christ is composed of.

Sorry Gaea, I don't know exactly. But I feel the Catholics have it correctly when they accept a consecrated wafer and a little wine or juice as being the very substance of Christ Himself as Maha-prasadam.

Ah, never thought of it that way - mahaprasadam! He has catered for all His kids, eh?

Another SPECULATION I have that is meaningful to me is that the bread represents transcendental knowledge of God and the wine as Prema for the Lord which is the current of Life for the Bhakta. Afterall that is what Lord Jesus Christ is composed of.

Wine equivalent to rasa (nectar) in veds.