IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

My Dear Prabhus, What is the Price to be Paid for the Highest Perfection???

Rate this topic

Small Technique <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

....one should learn how to cry for the Lord. :crying2:

One should learn this small

technique, and one should be very eager and actually cry to become engaged

in some particular type of service. :crying2:

This is called laulyam, and such tears

are the price for the highest perfection.:crying2:

[from ..The Nectar of Devotion]

<!-- the main section of the post goes here -->Srimad-Bhagavatam Canto 1, Chapter 6 , entitled “Conversation Between Narada and Vyasa.”

19 - I desired to see again that transcendental form of the Lord, but despite my attempts to concentrate upon the heart with eagerness to view the form again, I could not see Him any more, and thus dissatisfied, I was very much aggrieved.

His Divine Grace teaches us : There is no mechanical process to see the form of the Lord. It completely depends on the causeless mercy of the Lord. We cannot demand the Lord to be present before our vision, just as we cannot demand the sun to rise whenever we like. The sun rises out of his own accord; so also the Lord is pleased to be present out of His causeless mercy. One should simply await the opportune moment and go on discharging his prescribed duty in devotional service of the Lord. Narada Muni thought that the Lord could be seen again by the same mechanical process which was successful in the first attempt, but in spite of his utmost endeavor he could not make the second attempt successful. The Lord is completely independent of all obligations. He can simply be bound up by the tie of unalloyed devotion. Nor is He visible or perceivable by our material senses. When He pleases, being satisfied with the sincere attempt of devotional service depending completely on the mercy of the Lord, then He may be seen out of His own accord.

Guest guest

for what?

-Serving vaisnavas,favorably,,chanting the holy names,hearing hari(e)-krishna-katha and if somesoul is inspired,to do some preaching...

Gouranga!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 background=../../images/gurupaper.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=12>

</TD><TD width=264>

</TD><TD width=264>

</TD><TD width=12>BUTTON01.GIF

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<CENTER>
Lâlasâmayi Prârthanâ
</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER>
(my personal prayer)
(from Prârthanâ by Narottama Dasa Thakura)
</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

<CENTER>(1)

</CENTER>

<CENTER>

'gaurânga' bolite habe pulaka-s'arira
</CENTER><CENTER>
With chanting 'Gauranga', His name,

is the perfect shivering attained,
</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>
<CENTER>

'hari hari' bolite nayane ba'be nira
Chanting 'Hari, Lord Hari',

tears well in my eyes.
</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER>
(2)
</CENTER><CENTER>
âra kabe nitâi-cânder korunâ hoibe
</CENTER><CENTER>
We all ask for the mercy of Nityananda,
samsâra-bâsanâ mora kabe tuccha ha'be
wondering when our desires, will run futile,
</CENTER><CENTER>
(3)
</CENTER>

<CENTER>

v
isha
ya châriyâ kabe s'uddha ha'be mana
</CENTER><CENTER>
Fearless from the material detached, with the mind purified,
</CENTER>

<CENTER>

kabe hâma herabo s'rî-brindâbana
I will come to understand the love, of Vrindâvana
</CENTER>

<!-- the main section of the post goes here -->Srimad-Bhagavatam Canto 1, Chapter 6 , entitled “Conversation Between Narada and Vyasa.”

19 - I desired to see again that transcendental form of the Lord, but despite my attempts to concentrate upon the heart with eagerness to view the form again, I could not see Him any more, and thus dissatisfied, I was very much aggrieved.

His Divine Grace teaches us : There is no mechanical process to see the form of the Lord. It completely depends on the causeless mercy of the Lord. We cannot demand the Lord to be present before our vision, just as we cannot demand the sun to rise whenever we like. The sun rises out of his own accord; so also the Lord is pleased to be present out of His causeless mercy. One should simply await the opportune moment and go on discharging his prescribed duty in devotional service of the Lord. Narada Muni thought that the Lord could be seen again by the same mechanical process which was successful in the first attempt, but in spite of his utmost endeavor he could not make the second attempt successful. The Lord is completely independent of all obligations. He can simply be bound up by the tie of unalloyed devotion. Nor is He visible or perceivable by our material senses. When He pleases, being satisfied with the sincere attempt of devotional service depending completely on the mercy of the Lord, then He may be seen out of His own accord.

From Srila Prabhupada's Hare KRSNA Address:

"These three words, namely Hare, Krsna, and Rama, are transcendental seeds of the maha-mantra. The chanting is a spiritual call for the Lord and His internal energy, Hara, to give protection to the conditioned soul. This chanting is exactly like the genuine CRY:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: of a child for its mother. Mother Hara helps the devotee achieve the grace of the supreme Father, Hari, or Krsna, and the Lord reveals Himself to the devotee who chants this mantra sincerely. :pray:

No other means of spiritual realization, therefore, is as effective in this age as chanting the maha-mantra:

<CENTER>Hare Krsna,</CENTER><CENTER> Hare Krsna, </CENTER><CENTER>Krsna Krsna,</CENTER><CENTER> Hare Hare

Hare Rama, </CENTER><CENTER>Hare Rama,</CENTER><CENTER> Rama Rama,</CENTER><CENTER> Hare Hare</CENTER>

In another poetry Rupa Gosvami says, krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam yadi kuto 'pi labhyate. The, our this Krsna consciousness, I have taken this from this word krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih. This is actual translation in Sanskrit or... Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih. So Rupa Gosvami advises that "Krsna consciousness, if it is possible, please purchase. Don't delay." Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam. "Purchase immediately!" Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam yadi kuto 'pi. "Where it is available? It is very nice thing.Yes, it is available. You can purchase. The movement is going on.And what is the price?Price?It is such a nice thing; you have to pay price.Yes, there is price.What is that?" Tatra laulyam ekalam mulyam: "Simply your eagerness. That is price. This price you have to pay." Then you get Krsna. Immediately. Krsna is not poor. And the Krsna-seller, the Krsna devotee, he is also not poor. He can distribute Krsna free. And he's doing that. Simply you have to purchase by your eagerness. That is wanted. Tatra laulyam. "Oh, eagerness? I have got eagerness.Oh, it is not so easy." Tatra laulyam ekalam mulyam janma-koti-sukrtair na labhyate: "This eagerness cannot be achieved even by pious activities for millions of births." If you simply go on doing pious activities... Because without being pious, you cannot approach Krsna. So if you go on doing simply pious, janma-koti-sukrtaih... Sukrti means pious activities, simply pious. Still, this eagerness is not awakened.

So this eagerness is very important thing. But it can be awakened by the association of devotees. Therefore we are giving chance to everyone to invoke that eagerness. Then you will see God eye to eye. It is not difficult. Tac chraddadhana munayah. Those who have developed that eagerness, faith, that "I must see Krsna in this life..." This life is meant for seeing Krsna. It is not meant for becoming dogs and hogs. Unfortunately, the whole civilization is going on, they are being trained to become dogs and hogs. It is the only institution that is teaching people how to see Krsna. This is the only institution, this Krsna consciousness movement. It is so important. Tac chraddadhana munayo jnana-vairagya-yuktaya [sB 1.2.12]. By eagerness, automatically you will be enriched with knowledge and detachment. Knowledge does not mean, "Now we have discovered this atomic bomb." That is not knowledge. What knowledge this is? People are dying. You have discovered something which will accelerate death. But we are giving some knowledge to stop death. That is Krsna consciousness. This is knowledge. Jnana-vairagya-yuktaya. And as soon as you get this knowledge, automatically you become detached to all this nonsense material happiness.

Hare Krsna. Thank you very much. Hare Krsna. (devotees offer obeisances) Chant Hare Krsna. (end)

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.12 -- Los Angeles, August 15, 1972

complete lecture http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Bhagavatam/text/028.html

In another poetry Rupa Gosvami says, krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam yadi kuto 'pi labhyate. The, our this Krsna consciousness, I have taken this from this word krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih. This is actual translation in Sanskrit or... Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih. So Rupa Gosvami advises that "Krsna consciousness, if it is possible, please purchase. Don't delay." Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam. "Purchase immediately!" Krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam yadi kuto 'pi. "Where it is available? It is very nice thing.Yes, it is available. You can purchase. The movement is going on.And what is the price?Price?It is such a nice thing; you have to pay price.Yes, there is price.What is that?" Tatra laulyam ekalam mulyam: "Simply your eagerness. That is price. This price you have to pay." Then you get Krsna. Immediately. Krsna is not poor. And the Krsna-seller, the Krsna devotee, he is also not poor. He can distribute Krsna free. And he's doing that. Simply you have to purchase by your eagerness. That is wanted. Tatra laulyam. "Oh, eagerness? I have got eagerness.Oh, it is not so easy." Tatra laulyam ekalam mulyam janma-koti-sukrtair na labhyate: "This eagerness cannot be achieved even by pious activities for millions of births." If you simply go on doing pious activities... Because without being pious, you cannot approach Krsna. So if you go on doing simply pious, janma-koti-sukrtaih... Sukrti means pious activities, simply pious. Still, this eagerness is not awakened.

So this eagerness is very important thing. But it can be awakened by the association of devotees. Therefore we are giving chance to everyone to invoke that eagerness. Then you will see God eye to eye. It is not difficult. Tac chraddadhana munayah. Those who have developed that eagerness, faith, that "I must see Krsna in this life..." This life is meant for seeing Krsna. It is not meant for becoming dogs and hogs. Unfortunately, the whole civilization is going on, they are being trained to become dogs and hogs. It is the only institution that is teaching people how to see Krsna. This is the only institution, this Krsna consciousness movement. It is so important. Tac chraddadhana munayo jnana-vairagya-yuktaya [sB 1.2.12]. By eagerness, automatically you will be enriched with knowledge and detachment. Knowledge does not mean, "Now we have discovered this atomic bomb." That is not knowledge. What knowledge this is? People are dying. You have discovered something which will accelerate death. But we are giving some knowledge to stop death. That is Krsna consciousness. This is knowledge. Jnana-vairagya-yuktaya. And as soon as you get this knowledge, automatically you become detached to all this nonsense material happiness.

Hare Krsna. Thank you very much. Hare Krsna. (devotees offer obeisances) Chant Hare Krsna. (end)

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.12 -- Los Angeles, August 15, 1972

complete lecture http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Bhagavatam/text/028.html

Those who have developed that eagerness, faith, that

"I must see KRSNA in this life..."

This life is meant for seeing KRSNA.:pray: :pray: :pray:

Ok, cough it up, all that mula to pay for KRSNA's darshan. Who has the money for this most rare and valuable commodity???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Vrajanatha: It is said in the Dasa-mula sloka, “The good fortune of the jiva who is wandering aimlessly in the material world arises when he meets a rasika Vaisnava who relishes the nectar of Hari.“ One might raise the objection that one could eventually attain hari-bhakti by performing pious activities, such as astanga-yoga and cultivating brahma-jnana.

Babaji: These are Sri Krsna’s own words:

na rodhayati mam yogo na sankhyam dharma eva ca

na svadhyayas tapas tyago nesta-purttam na daksina

vratani yajnas chandamsi tirthani niyama yamah

yathavarundhe sat-sangah sarva-sangapaho hi mam

Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.12.1-2)

Sri Bhagavan said, “I am not controlled by those who perform yoga, study sankhya philosophy, perform religious duties and pious activities, study the Vedas, perform penances and austerities, practice renunciation or accept sannyasa, perform sacrifice and welfare activities, give donations in charity, practice fasting and other vows, perform yajna, chant confidential mantras, go on pilgrimage, and follow all the rules and regulations for spiritual life. However, one who accepts sat-sanga, which destroys all material attachments, can control Me. How much can I say? Astanga-yoga can slightly satisfy Me indirectly, but sadhu-sanga controls Me completely.”

It is also stated in Hari-bhakti-sudhodhaya (8.51):

yasya yat-sangatih pumso manivat syat sa tad-gunah

sva-kularddhyaitato dhiman sva-yuthany eva samsrayet

Just as a jewel or crystal reflects the color of the object with which it is in contact, so a person develops qualities according to the company he keeps.

Therefore, by keeping association with pure sadhus, one can become a pure sadhu. Thus the association of pure sadhus is the root cause of all good fortune.

Vijaya: What does it mean to relish Srimad-Bhagavatam in the association of rasika-bhaktas? (#61)

Babaji: Srimad-Bhagavatam is the very sweet rasa of the desire tree of the Vedas. By associating with people averse to rasa one will be unable to taste the rasa of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the result will be aparadha. One must taste the rasa of the slokas of Srimad-Bhagavatam in the association of those who are rasa-jna, who are conversant with, and are drinking that rasa, and who are qualified for suddha-bhakti. Speaking or hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam in general assemblies will not award pure bhakti.

Vijaya: What is the association of bhaktas who are of the same mood (svajatiya) and affectionate (snigdha)? (#62)

Babaji: Associating with abhaktas (non-devotees) in the name of sat-sanga will not bring elevation in bhakti. The goal that bhaktas desire is to obtain service in Krsna’s aprakrta (unmanifest) lila, and one who has this desire should be known as a bhakta. Elevation in bhakti comes from associating with members of this group of bhaktas who are superior to oneself. Without this sanga, the development of bhakti stops, and one acquires the nature of the class of people with whom one has sanga. In relation to sanga, Hari-bhaktisudhodyaya (8.51) says:

sva-kularddhye tato dhiman sva-yuthany eva samsrayet

Just as a jewel reflects the colors of objects around it, similarly, a persons nature becomes like that of those with whom he associates.

Therefore, one only becomes a pure sadhu by the association of pure sadhus. Sadhu-sanga (the association of advanced bhaktas) is beneficial in every way. Where sastra gives advice that we should be free from mundane companionship, the purport is that one should associate with sadhus.

Vrajanatha: It is said in the Dasa-mula sloka, “The good fortune of the jiva who is wandering aimlessly in the material world arises when he meets a rasika Vaisnava who relishes the nectar of Hari.“ One might raise the objection that one could eventually attain hari-bhakti by performing pious activities, such as astanga-yoga and cultivating brahma-jnana.

Babaji: These are Sri Krsna’s own words:

na rodhayati mam yogo na sankhyam dharma eva ca

na svadhyayas tapas tyago nesta-purttam na daksina

vratani yajnas chandamsi tirthani niyama yamah

yathavarundhe sat-sangah sarva-sangapaho hi mam

Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.12.1-2)

Sri Bhagavan said, “I am not controlled by those who perform yoga, study sankhya philosophy, perform religious duties and pious activities, study the Vedas, perform penances and austerities, practice renunciation or accept sannyasa, perform sacrifice and welfare activities, give donations in charity, practice fasting and other vows, perform yajna, chant confidential mantras, go on pilgrimage, and follow all the rules and regulations for spiritual life. However, one who accepts sat-sanga, which destroys all material attachments, can control Me. How much can I say? Astanga-yoga can slightly satisfy Me indirectly, but sadhu-sanga controls Me completely.”

It is also stated in Hari-bhakti-sudhodhaya (8.51):

sva-kularddhyaitato dhiman sva-yuthany eva samsrayet

Just as a jewel or crystal reflects the color of the object with which it is in contact, so a person develops qualities according to the company he keeps.

Therefore, by keeping association with pure sadhus, one can become a pure sadhu. Thus the association of pure sadhus is the root cause of all good fortune.

Hari-bhakti-sudhodhaya (8.51):

yasya yat-sangatih pumso

manivat syat sa tad-gunah

sva-kularddhyaitato dhiman

sva-yuthany eva samsrayet

Just as a jewel or crystal reflects the color of the object with which it is in contact, so a person develops qualities according to the company he keeps.:pray: