IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

The Variety of Food for Humans

Rate this topic

The Variety of Food for Humans

In China and Taiwan, people eat dogs, cats, snakes, snails, and other abominable animals.

In France people eat frogs.

In Arabia people eat cows and goats.

In Australia, the aborigines eat lizards.

In the Western countries people eat pigs, and lobsters.

In Mexico people eat rats.

There are so many other varieties of abominable animals that humans around the world eat.

It’s due to ignorance that humans who are made of flesh and blood engage in eating the flesh and blood of other living beings.

Vegetarian Food – The Higher Taste

Those humans who have a higher consciousness will not engage in flesh eating. They will only eat food that is healthy, nutritious, and karma free: Grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, milk, and preparations made from milk.

Only the beast will eat another beast.

http://www.gitamrta.org/food.htm

Meat = me eat. I want to ask what if your religious ? Will you have to suffer? Or will God forgive your sins? If your a Christian or Muslim, are you eat meat, do you suffer? It doesn't make sence how it can be sinful, yet at the same time not be sinful? I personally think they will suffer either by not attainting thier goal, or better possibly getting another chance. Because those animals are living enities (jivas'). Why would God become impartial? :idea:

Guest guest

I don't see how food preferences really belongs in the spritual discussions section of the forum.

Ins't there somewhere on the forum where food is an appropriate topic?

Food?

Guest guest

There's a verse in the Old Testament where it says that for one who eats flesh, God does not even hear their prayers. There are other similar statements, but modern Christians stress the New Testament, rejecting most of the Old Testament, or picking and choosing what they like. Makes one wonder why the Old Testament is even part of the Bible anymore. Ignorance is no excuse. But then, the Bible does say "judge not lest ye be judged." So, who really knows whether they are forgiven or not. Christians will say they are forgiven for all their sins, but Jesus also said "Go forth and sin no more." And not to continue crucifying Him in the name of perpetual sin. One must be sincere. Many of the sincere Christians I've known left behind their church dogma and peer pressures and became Hare Krishnas, adopting the vegetarian way. It can be done.

Guest guest

..... but is not Noah and flood part of the Old Testament?

Yes. It appears that modern Christians accept these historical accounts, but do not necessarily adhere to any instructions or lessons given in the Old Testament. Or if they do, they just pick and choose.

For example:

Numbers Ch 11, v 33, 34, "While the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the anger of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague."

In Isaiah (chap.1, v. 11), "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? Saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks or of lambs, or of he goats. . . bring no more vain oblations. . . your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth;. . . and when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you, yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear; your hands are full of blood."

Guest guest

I'm aware of the covenant after the flood, but not in regards to food. From what I understand, after the flood, God made a covenant, stated five times, with animals as well as humans. For example all creatures share in the Sabbath rest (Exod. 20:10; Deut. 5:14); animals praising God (Ps. 148:7:10, 150:6); animals present in eternity (Isa. 65:25; Rev. 5:13.) After the flood, Noah did eat meat, but since all plants were destroyed by the flood, he had few food choices. Also, the flood is described in Genesis, isn't it? The two passages (from Numbers and Isaiah) which I quoted above came after that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Guest guest

Not sure what you're driving at here, gHari prabhu. I'm not attached to be being right or wrong. Just discussing the Bible and it's relationship with vegetarianism. I'm certainly open to being corrected if I'm mistaken about the sequence of events in the Old Testament: (the flood, Numbers, Isaiah.)