IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
riih.qarojamahoamaan

what is the point

Rate this topic

When nobody answers, I know that the pure truth has been said; when that truth is not allowed to be published, I know it has power to heal the world. Now hear what the ancients said: (in Atharwa-weda):

1. Whenever yonder person in his thought, and with his speech, offers sacrifice accompanied by oblations and benedictions, may Nirriti (the goddess of destruction), allying herself with death, smite his offering before it takes effect!

2. May sorcerers, Nirriti, as well as Rakshas, mar his true work with error! May the gods, despatched by Indra, scatter (churn) his sacrificial butter; may that which yonder person

offers not succeed!

3. The two agile supreme rulers, like two eagles pouncing down, shall strike the sacrificial butter of the enemy, whosoever plans evil against us!

4. Back do I tie both thy two arms, thy mouth I shut. With the fury of god Agni, have I destroyed thy oblation.

5. I tie thy two arms, I shut thy mouth. With the fury of terrible Agni have I destroyed thy oblation.

What is understood from such a text is that there is no point to waste time in worship by thought, speech, or action. The only meaningful thing is to collaborate with those sorcerers who rule the whole world by cancelling all others’ worship.

Guest guest

Seems like some word jugglery. I'm reminded of Adi Sankara's great composition, 'Bhaja Govindam' which begins this way-

bhajagovindam bhajagovindam

govindam bhajamuudhamate

sampraapte sannihite kaale

nahi nahi rakshati dukrijnkarane

Worship Govinda, Worship Govinda, Worship Govinda. Oh intellectual fool! Grammatical knowledge and word jugglery will not save you at the time of your death.

What is: -yonder?

- sorcerers? , What is this all about???

Guest guest

i know what u re pointing at, but listen tol this small poem,

Pothi Pothi Pade Jag mUha,

Pndith Hua na koyi

Dhyi achhar prem ka pade so pndith hoyi

hari hari bol

Excuse me, your poem is in Hindi, can you please explain it in English? perhaps you give me a good solution in desperation, but i do not know that language.

Guest guest

Excuse me, your poem is in Hindi, can you please explain it in English? perhaps you give me a good solution in desperation, but i do not know that language.

The translation of the poem is

Many have read many a scriptures and passed on

Real pundit is the one who has read (and understood) the two and a half syllable word of prema (love)

Bhakti~Lata

What is: -yonder?

- sorcerers? , What is this all about???

No, yonder does not mean sorcerers. Yonder is used for somebody or something, which is at a distance but is within view. Sometimes we say "that person" referring to somebody who is at a distance from us but we are able to see him. We can say 'yonder person'.

It is also used to refer to something/somebody, which has been mentioned before even if it is not in sight. For example 'yonder country' referring to a country which the speaker has mentioned earlier so that the listener knows what country is being referred to.

The translation of the poem is

Many have read many a scriptures and passed on

Real pundit is the one who has read (and understood) the two and a half syllable word of prema (love)

Bhakti~Lata

Once i watched Niel Simon's theatrical play "fools". The fool young woman was in love with the teacher, and she implored to him: "please, teach me what love is. If i knew what love is, i could withstand thousands of courses!". (You may search for the play on the web)

I like you so much because you r zriiQr,sna's devotee, but i have doubts, as the shaaktaas say Qr,sna is not the whole Vi,snu, but only an incarnation of the Great Mother to allure women.

I must post a new thread about my doubts.

When nobody answers, I know that the pure truth has been said;

You should not trust your mind at all. That was absolute nonsense. Love defeats power. Otherwise it is all simply mechanical. The empty-hearted may wish that, but it cannot make it so. The power-tripping sorcerer just dies a peasant pauper like any other dog.

The True Lord of the Ring,

Ooga Booga gHari