IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

offering

Rate this topic

Guest guest

in the vaisnva system, most one ALWAYS offer thing, food for ex at the altar? or can one just offer the food and other eateble stuff in the heart with correct prayers? because altar offering can easyli become just ritualistic and dull.. but prayer in the heart is more alive.. arent it the mood of the offering thats more importent then how one offer stuff to Krsna!?

Guest guest

Chahatu Bhakta Rupe Natha Hari Hari Nam

Sarva Hridaya Mai Hari Rupe Hare Ram

Jaya Hari Bhaja Hari Puja Mai Hari Ram

Sarveswra Hari Prema Hari Hare Ram

Oh Lord, being your devotee I want you as a devotee of Hari only singing the name of Hari. In my whole heart you are sitting in the form of Hari and Ram. All glory to Hari, everybody should sing Hari, worship my Lord Hari and Ram. Lord Hari is only Lord of all Lords and fills with nectar of love only by singing His name Hare Rama

Madhava Gopla Hari Surapati Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hari Hari Hara Hare Ram

Chahatu Bhakta Rupe Madhava Hari Ram

Hari is Madhava and Gopla. Hari is the king of all gods and goddesses. I worship Hari by singing Hare Rama. Oh Hari, you are Rama and Ram only. You are Hari and Hari only. you are Hara and Hara only. Oh Madhusudan, being your devotee I want you as a devotee of Hari sitting on my heart and singing thy name by chanting Hare Rama

Govinda Gopla Hari Jugapti Hare Ram

Sarva Hridaya Mai Brahmana Hare Rama

Rupa Janna Nahi Prema Sudha Hari Ram

Jayatu Jayatu Hari Hari Rupe Hare Ram

Oh, Lord Hari you are Givinda and Gopla. You are the Lord of every era. In my whole heart you are filled with the glorious illumination of supreme Lord Brahmana in the form of Lord Hari and Rama. I have no knowledge about your various glorious form but I feel the nectar of your love in the name of Hari and Ram. All glory to the supreme Lord Hari by chanting name of Hari becoming Hari himself.

Guest guest

Chahatu Bhakta Rupe Natha Hari Hari Nam

Jaya Hari Bhaja Hari Puja Mai Hari Ram

Sarveswra Hari Prema Hari Hare Ram

Oh Lord, being your devotee I want you as a devotee of Hari only singing the name of Hari. In my whole heart you are sitting in the form of Hari and Ram. All glory to Hari, everybody should sing Hari, worship my Lord Hari and Ram. Lord Hari is only Lord of all Lords and fills with nectar of love only by singing His name Hare Rama

Madhava Gopla Hari Surapati Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hari Hari Hara Hare Ram

Chahatu Bhakta Rupe Madhava Hari Ram

Hari is Madhava and Gopla. Hari is the king of all gods and goddesses. I worship Hari by singing Hare Rama. Oh Hari, you are Rama and Ram only. You are Hari and Hari only. you are Hara and Hara only. Oh Madhusudan, being your devotee I want you as a devotee of Hari sitting on my heart and singing thy name by chanting Hare Rama

Govinda Gopla Hari Jugapti Hare Ram

Sarva Hridaya Mai Brahmana Hare Rama

Rupa Janna Nahi Prema Sudha Hari Ram

Jayatu Jayatu Hari Hari Rupe Hare Ram

Oh, Lord Hari you are Givinda and Gopla. You are the Lord of every era. In my whole heart you are filled with the glorious illumination of supreme Lord Brahmana in the form of Lord Hari and Rama. I have no knowledge about your various glorious form but I feel the nectar of your love in the name of Hari and Ram. All glory to the supreme Lord Hari by chanting name of Hari becoming Hari himself.

this didnt asnwer my question at all

It is fully OK to offer mentally.And more you can even offer in English. Do you talk to your father in Sanskrit Shlokas when serving him Food? Mantras ensure your contacting Him. But it is fully OK and in line with Scriptures .It is also present in the ISCON guidebook of Vaishnava rituals (if you are an ISKON devotee) In All Sampradayas it is present.If you have the Faith the Lord has the will.

Guest guest

It is fully OK to offer mentally.And more you can even offer in English. Do you talk to your father in Sanskrit Shlokas when serving him Food? Mantras ensure your contacting Him. But it is fully OK and in line with Scriptures .It is also present in the ISCON guidebook of Vaishnava rituals (if you are an ISKON devotee) In All Sampradayas it is present.If you have the Faith the Lord has the will.

Thank u!

Again, as with the other question, this is a matter of whom you want to follow. You can have thousands of kinds of answers in a public forum, and pick and choose and make your own soup.

As a general principle, inner devotion and outer practice needn't be in conflict. The outher may become a ritual, and the inner may become non-existent as the mind slips and slides. The two complement each other.

Mr.Raga It is true you should not follow everyone.You should follow your Gurus advice.This is an ISKON site.And what I wrote is there in the ISKON guidebook. If this is not an ISKON website,even then it is not good to critisise anyone , This(offering thing) was told by my Guru, Critisising anyone shows one's ones own spiritual shallowness. Anyway it was Govinda Das who had asked and I replied. It was not my Idea. If anyones Guru gets critisised then It is better that I leave the Group. For I will for sure find nothing of substance here. Not only you have critisised my Guru but also LOrd Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in whose Parampara this guidebook has been written.. I think you should Aplogise.Critise me and you are forgiven beforehand ,Critisise my Guru and LOrd Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and find me holding your collar get it.

Please, I am dull. Could you explain where I have criticized anyone?

I was a member of ISKCON for many years. I do not think my answer conflicts ISKCON's teachings in any way. My ISKCON guru told me, "If you want to offer mentally, you must also eat only mentally."

If you want to quote the guide book verbatim, please do that.

Look Raga I am Sorry.I didnt know what your Guru told you. But when I wrote of my Guru advising me you shouldnt have quoted you shouldnt follow "anyone" my Guru is dear to me as yours is to you.With Full respect to your Guru, and asking his forgiveness if this hurts(i have no intention) but what if this was the other way round,i.e. if you stated your Guru wrote and i said like that?

and there is only one ISKON book on Vaishnava Day to day rituals.

Anyway I came here for satsang but find I will get better at an adult forum.At least you dont find any people throwing insults. I am Unsubscribing.GOODBYE and GOOD RIDDANCE.To come to think of it I tried to help and My Guru got insulted.

You are of course free to behave like that. You may want to take a print-out of your post and give it to your guru, asking if he feels your words reflect proper Vaisnava conduct.

"...find me holding your collar" - "GOODBYE and GOOD RIDDANCE". Such words and feelings are born of tamas and rajas. They only serve to degrade you, diminishing your taste for the holy name.

Please do not impose aparadha on my post - I never said anything offensive of your guru. In fact, I did not comment on your post at all. I replied to the original post of the thread.

in the vaisnva system, most one ALWAYS offer thing, food for ex at the altar? or can one just offer the food and other eateble stuff in the heart with correct prayers? because altar offering can easyli become just ritualistic and dull.. but prayer in the heart is more alive.. arent it the mood of the offering thats more importent then how one offer stuff to Krsna!?

It is true that it is best to engage the mind in service than the body. Hence

Krishna says

"Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend." Bhagavad Gita 18.65

But at the same time Krishna says,

"Just fix your mind upon Me, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and engage all your intelligence in Me. Thus you will live in Me always, without a doubt."

"My dear Arjuna, O winner of wealth, if you cannot fix your mind upon Me without deviation, then follow the regulative principles . In this way develop a desire to attain Me."

"If you cannot practice the regulations of bhakti-yoga, then just try to work for Me, because by working for Me you will come to the perfect stage."

"If, however, you are unable to work in this consciousness of Me, then try to act giving up all results of your work and try to be self-situated."

"If you cannot take to this practice, then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge. Better than knowledge, however, is meditation, and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind."

BG 12.8-12

Here Krishna is recognising 'regulative principles of bhakti-yoga', 'work for Me', 'try to act giving up all results of your work', 'knowledge', 'meditation',... as the process to attain perfection. Any of these above mentioned activities could become ritualistic. One should take care to understand the importance Krishna is giving to these offreings and avoid it to become ritualistic.

When Krishna askes for patram phalam toyam puspam one can might as well offer it in real than in imagination. if the mind is channelised to please the Lord with service , one can avoid the risk of it becoming ritualistic.

Moreover in the material world one identifies oneself more with body than spirit. hence sometimes bodily service is more satisfying. this may be till we completly realisd that we are atma and not this body. But ironically for a realised person it does not matter for he will engage everthing he has in service of the Lord. Body, spirit makes no difference to him.

Respected Raga Sir,

In front of everyone I state that "I am Sorry for whatever I said It was totally my fault. Please as a fellow Vaisnav,please forgive your Tamasi brother. Dont take my Guru to be like me. He is great,It is me who is barren.

Raga Sir If I offend the Lord he can forgive but if I offend a Bhakta I will have to suffer. My Guru has scolded me and wont forgive me until you forgive me. Please bhai i cathch your feet! I am sorry for what I said .

Please Sir as a vaisnav you sure are tolorant (any other person would have been furious) please show mercy upon me I havent been able to sleep.THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN Sir.I promise you.

Please Sir please forgive me.

You didnt show any disrespect it was me who did this I dont know why. Please Sir I AM SORRY! Please forgive me.

Pranay

Respected Raga Sir please forward my request for pardon to the lotus feet of your Sri Sri Gurudev too .Although even when I was angry I did not mean any disrespect towards Him, but I beg his forgiveness.My thousand pranams his feet.

Sirthis is the only way my Sri Sri Gurudev will forgive me .Now my whole future is in your hands revered sir. Please sir forgive me I am Sorry!!!!!!

Pranay.

Revered Raga Sir I have been suffering from occasional bouts of anger. If a Lame person falls upon you or a blind person hits you,you dont get angry but show pity,dont you Sir ! It is not possible to post more details on a public forum but please Sir do understand and please ,please forgive me!

Respected Raga Sir,

I was an atheist earlier,by Gurukripa I have embraced Vaisnavism. But the previous Tamasic sanskaras still remain.

Please do not think my Sri Gurudev to be like me from my posts.He is Great,It is me who is unfit. His other desiples are great Devotees. An excellent seed planted on a barren soil takes time to germinate. Raga sir People shun me because of my anger. I was an Atheist earlier,Due to my Gurus mercy I turned into a Vaishnav, But the Tamasic sanskaras will take time to go.

Vaishnavas are ocean of Mercy, It is my firm belief You will for sure forgive your this Tamasic and rude brother for this Last time.I promise to behave myself.

I beg for forgiveness at the lotus feet of Your Revered Sri Gurudev and Yours.

Please brother forgive me this one time,Please !!!!!!

Your unlucky brother

Pranay.

Respected Raga Sir,

I have seen your profile you are no ordinary person . I have not only dared to offend you but your Sri Sri Gurudev too. You didnt insult anyone,just replied to a post. It was me who commited this Maha Patak. Sir My Sri Sri Gurudev will not forgive me until you do ( and also your Revered Sri Sri Gurudev ).If my Sri Sri Gurudev dosent forgive me,where will I go ? what will I do? I will sure commit Suicide? But that will end my Body I will still suffer.It is not so I fear Hell. I have offended the Servent of Sri Sri Krishna himself and this is the least suffering in hell i can get for me.Revered Sir what I really fear is my Sri Sri Gurudev deserting me !!! I will be compleately ruined. My Sri Sri Gurudev is the only support I have. He is everything to me ,A life without him I cannot Imagine. Please Sir please help me out,Please forgive me .From this moment onwards leave alone the Dasas of God I wont misbehave from an ordinary person also.

My inflated ego and anger will surely go away with Bhakti I am Sure.

But from this moment I will sure behave myself. I am sure you will forgive me for the last tim e Sir.You are the ocean of Kindness.All the Servents of the Lord have as soft a heart as melting butter. Sir wont you forgive a lowly person like me for one last time and give me one last opportunity to reform myself and progress in the path of Bhakti?

Mr Moderator Sir Please delete the Insults I Have posted For Sri Sri Raga Sir.

I should not Insult anyone it is very much true BUT Sri Raga is no ordinary person I have seen his Profile. Sir I beg the forgiveness of all of you too.

Raga is not always on the forums. Since you seem quite concerned, you may find he responds to you faster if you email him at the email address in his profile, madhava8{at}wisewisdoms{dot}com

Let us know the post numbers (in the upper right hand corner of each post), of the posts you want removed.

Sir

Let the posts remain ,without it Sri Raga sirs replys nobody will understand.

And also let everybody see what happens when you insult a devotee.

Sir I am suffering like hell. I am not able to concentrate,lost my sleep and hunger,there is great turbulance in my heart and my breath has become fetid, asure sign of insulting a devotee.I am not able to do Japa or concentrate on my work I have turned a nervous wreck.

Let everyone see these posts and take a lesson and think twice before insulting a devotee, or losing their temper.