IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

true religion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello to all

Today I was talking with a friend about religion and he ask me how can I proof that Hare Krishna religion was the "true religion" if all the religions says that they are the "true religion", how to know what is the "right" religion ?

I can´t answer him at the monent, so I need some help in this subject.

Thanks

Haribol

Guest guest

nothing is true,,,,only love for lord Krishna.

It`s not so much a religion, more of a way of how to love God.

Hare Krsna,

Here are some statements made by Srila Prabhupada concerning "true religion." I hope they help:)

Prabhupada: Today's subject matter is "What is Religion?" So we are reciting some verses from the Sixth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, where the subject matter, dharma, is discussed. It is said that dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam [sB 6.3.19]. Dharma, it is Sanskrit word, and the English translation, generally, it is made as "religion." Religion is accepted as a kind of faith. But faith may be wrong or right -- according to the different time, persons, climate, condition, so many consideration. But Srimad-Bhagavata says, dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam. Dharma, or religion, means the law given by God. Simple formula. As there are laws given by the state, similarly, the supreme state, supreme governor is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. God means the supreme being, supreme person. So... Or the supreme authority. Supreme means the greatest authority. As in a state the greatest authority is the government, similarly, throughout the cosmic manifestation, throughout the whole creation, there must be some supreme authority. So that supreme authority is God, and whatever He gives, the rules and regulation, that is called religion. You cannot change it. That the law whimsically, you cannot change. Then you will be punishable. Similarly, the laws or the words (are) of the regulative principles given by God. That is religion. And if you do not follow it, then you'll be punished.

Actually, the Sanskrit word dharma means the constitutional position. We may try to understand what is the meaning of dharma. Just like fire. Fire means there must be heat and light. Without heat and light, there is no meaning of fire. If you say that we have got fire but there is no heat and no light, so what kind of fire it is? So that fire and light of, heat and light of fire is to be understood as dharma. You cannot change it. This is no possibility. Otherwise, there will be no meaning. Water, water is liquid. Any water, any parts of the world, when you take water, it is liquid; therefore this liquidity is the dharma of water. You take anything. Actually, dharma means characteristic -- anything you take. Just like I am speaking before this microphone. So if it does not produce the sound, then what kind of microphone it is? The sound production from the microphone is the dharma, is the religion, natural characteristic. So what is the natural characteristic of human being? The natural characteristic is that we serve the superior. That is natural characteristic. Either you become Christian or Hindu or Muslim or Buddhist, nobody can say that "I do not serve any superior." Nobody can say. One must serve. That is dharma. Faith, ritualistic -- I am today Hindu; I can accept the ritualistic process tomorrow of the Christian faith; or a Christian may take another ritual -- but his business, to serve the superior, that does not change. Either you become Christian or Muslim or Hindu, it doesn't matter. It is not that Hindus, they only serve in the office; the Christian do not. No. The service is there. So actually the service is his dharma, not this rubberstamp, "Hindu,Muslim,Christian." No. That is designation. Actual dharma means the characteristic. If you take sugar, if you taste sugar, it is sweet. The sweetness is the characteristic of sugar. That is dharma. If you take chili, it is very hot. If you take a chili and if it is sweet, you immediately say, "Eh, this is not good chili," because there is no dharma. So dharma means characteristic.

Dharma means to understand God. It doesn't matter whether you are Christian or Hindu or Muslim. It doesn't matter. If you think that by your principle, you have understood God and you have learned how to love God, and you have learned how to obey God, that dharma is perfect. That religious system is perfect. It may go on under any name, it doesn't matter. But if you have achieved the result, that is wanted. Just like if you pass your M.A. examination. It doesn't matter whether you pass it from London University or Calcutta University or Berlin University. You have passed your examination. That will be taken into consideration. So similarly, sa vai pumsam paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhoksaje [sB 1.2.6]. That system of religion is perfect by which one can learn what is God and how to love God. That is perfect.

So, my small understanding of the above statements is the "true religion" is the one that teaches how to Love and serve God. That is the final test to determine if it is a "true religion." Do you learn to love and serve God by following this path? If yes, then you've got a winner. There can be more than one "true religion." The key is following the path completely and correctly to gain the result.

Guest guest

Dharma Sudhante Sariram Shakthi

Prana Shakthi Bhavet Guru

Dharma Iti Moha Vishnu

Sarva Dharma Hari Rupam

Dharma purifies energy that lives in everybody irrespective of man and material. It becomes the energy of living entity in the form of learning from Guru (Spiritual Teacher). The end of all Dharma is to reach the supreme Lord Vishnu who is the creator of all Dharma in the form of Lord Hari

Guest guest

can he prove that christianity is the true religion, no!

All religions are created by revelation from one source by Vishnu. Christianity also one true religion. Only one have to find the secret how God created man and woman from His image which was told to Adam and He left Hari without searching its reason.

Christ, son of God previously known as Shukdev was sent to bring back those people who left God not believing Him. Christ measurably failed to convince those people that He Himself is son of God and created by His image.

I don't see it so much in terms of which religion is better than the others. Ultimately, if someone is sincere in their hankering for God, they will attain their goal--whichever religion they practice (as has been aluded to by previous respondents).

In Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna actually says to abandon all religion and simply surrender unto him "Sarva dharman parityaja...".

Really, it comes down mood. Which mood is more sweet to us? To me, while tragically-beautiful in its own way, Christianity is a religion of the desert--very spare, sometimes arid, sometimes harsh. Gaudiya Vaishnavism, while having it's own tragedy and "Passion" (think Mahaprabhu in his later years of manifest pastime "suffering" the agony of separation from His Lord), has a rich, full, lush mood.

In no way do I wish to minimize Christianity. I *do* find the mood of the Vaishnava to be so much sweeter, though.

Hare Krsna,

I very much agree with you, Murali Mohan das.

In the past I went through a period of great doubt and confusion. I decided to educate myself about "other" religions. I studied Christianity, Buddhism, some Judism, even shaminism and wicca, among others. I always felt they were nice enough in their own right but someting was missing. Something was incomplete. I always found myself returning to Krsna Consciousness. No others were as joyful, colorful, or as tasty as Krsna bhakti. For me it will always be the sweetest!

My mother is an avid Roman catholic now, for her that is the sweetest. I have no problem with her faith. It's hers. She has found her path to God. What matters is that one follows the path that speaks to their hearts. As long as loving and returning to GOd is the ultimate goal you know you are on a right path.