IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

CNN Segment on Bhadrak Jagannatha Temple

Rate this topic

A report on CNN about the Bhaktivedanta Ashram's Jagannatha temple in Bhadrak, Orissa.

http://www.indiadivine.org/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=16

Unfortunately the entire interview was cut out, as they weren't interested in spiritual topics. A similar interview for another channel is here:

http://www.indiadivine.org/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=13

Guest guest

Good work JNdas. For decades people have complained about foreigners not being let at Puri. JNdas just builds an alternative. Thumbs up prabhu.

pranams

Is that JNdas the Admin of this forum in that interview? Wow - Great work JNDas! Pranams to you.

Guest guest

i like when this devoutee said that foreig money is accepted cleanand allowed the temple but not he who donated them, that is hypocrosy.. good work!

Thank you for all the comments. So far seven channels came for filming and showed the segments over the last two weeks (CNN, NDTV, ETV, OTV, Sony1, Zee News, and Aaj Tak). Most of them were not interested in anything philosophical, so they have edited out a lot of the interviews. But a few have showed the interviews. Also on Ratha Yatra day one channel was broadcasting our evening arati throughout the state of Orissa every one hour. There are still other reporters coming for filming, but if they are not going to show the interviews then I am not very interested in it.

Last week there was a funny interview with a newspaper reporter where anytime I would say something spiritual his pen would literally stop writing, and then if I would say something material or political then it would again start writing. I watched for an hour as his hand stopped moving every single time a spiritual point came up, and it would stay idle for 5 or 10 minutes until I got off the spiritual topic and brought it back to useless things.

Good interviews (and a good project) -- Congratulations. :P

A curious accent you've picked up, is that intentionally develop or has it come about of its own accord?

A curious accent you've picked up, is that intentionally develop or has it come about of its own accord?

It has come on its own, actually I don't even know its there until I hear something recorded (I can't hear it when I talk). After 13 years of living in India the accent has adapted (unconsciously), probably to be more understandable to Indians.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Actually, the first thing my wife asked when she heard you talk was "is he a westerner...and his accent sounds Indian.."

I hope more people benefit from the spiritual significance of the Temple.

Congratulations!!! great job!!

I am sure Srila Prabhupada is very happy!

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

The second interview was great! Way to tell it like it is!

Are your cries falling on deaf ears? or does someone have the character and moral decency at the Jagannatha Temple, to standup and say caste and race discrimation is sick and evil? I can't believe all those associated with the Temple, could be that cold-hearted and asuric towards devotees.