IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Preaching to Christians

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Preaching is the best way to win the favor of Krsna, so while reading and learning we should all make special days for preaching to the public. I find preaching very satisfying and it helps to actually realize what we are preaching, not just repeating like a parrot. anyways, can some of you smart devotees share with me the best ways to preach to the Christians. Most are just fanatics with no knowledge of spiritual life, so I tend to stay away. But after thinking about it, I thought that it would be nice to know the right method to teach them knowledge so they can actually see how corrupted their water down scripture has become, and to take part in reading Prabhupadas books. Secondly What are the best answers to their false arguments, like. " Jesus is the only way"

" Noone comes to the father but through me" and ect, ect... I hope there is a site out there that best explains these false and changed teaching.

Hare Krishna

I don't think preaching should be targeted at Christians, Muslims or any other religious group.

Preaching should be targeted to the hearts and souls of suffering souls who will feel the refreshing effects of hearing Krishna upadesh.

Personally, I think that the new age yogi types and meditators make a lot more fertile field than the Christians who think that nobody comes to God except through Jesus.

Maybe it's becuase I was a New Age yogi type meditator who immediatly tasted the nectar of bhakti-yoga and immediatly accepted Krishna consciousness as the highest of all spiritual systems.

Despite being dragged to church every Sunday by my Mom as a child, I never became interested or attracted to the Christian religion.

Christians and Muslims are the LAST target audience I would think about.

Guest guest

Most are just fanatics with no knowledge of spiritual life

My first reccomendation would be to spend more time reading and chanting so you can lose your attitude.

MOST Christians are at there core very spiritual and good people. My journey to KC was first started by a Christian who had a few Kirtan CDs. I have continued to attend Christian churches all the time still chanting and reading. I share my love of Krishna with people at church and have actually given a few Gitas to people who asked for them.

So quit trying to judge.

I want to offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Lord Jesus Christ.

If you want to help Christians advance in God consciousness vs. just trying to turn them towards your idea of what a "Hare Krsna" that is not very difficult.

Talk to them about Christ's teaching to renounce love for the things of this world totally and fix that love on the Supreme Person through chanting or singing the names of God and by glorifying His devotee and Son Lord Jesus Christ and by following his instructions.

In the new Testament it is said that we should "pray without ceasing." That is a perfect instruction. Tell them that you try to follow this by keeping the name of God on your lips and in your heart. If they have trouble accepting the name of Krsna then they can use any name of God according to their language of preference.

Stress monotheism before they bring it up. They think of Hare Krsna's as some kind of Hindu's who believe in 32 million different gods etc. Quickly disabuse them of this misinformation.

Challenge them strongly on the evil of animal slaughter.

Show areas of agreement like on the issue of abortion.

Christ said don't give pearls to swine for they will trample them under their feet. So don't talk about Radha Krsna lila. Confine all discussions of relationship to the Supreme Lord to servetorship and friendship.

Emphasize that God is a Supreme Person and we are eternally His small children.

Try to leave them more inspired to seek God then when you met them just like anyone else you meet.

Don't waste time in arguments that accomplish nothing but waste time. That we can never recover.

Don't forget you are talking to a spirit soul and the Supreme Soul dwells in his heart just as he does in yours.

Respect his right not to hear you for that is a God given right we must respect.

Jaya Yeshua! Jaya Krishna!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

AGTSP

Thank you Theist for you input, it is very good advise.

All being said, respectfully taking into account all spiritual POV's, evangelical Christians are the toughest audience around...and often they're not the audience, rather anyone is fair game as a target for them, especially here in the southern USA.

I don't waste Krishna's time and my own valuable time in endless and conclusionless discussions with them...been there and done that...best to spend that time with people who are positive and receptive.

It appears that most modern Christians could actually be awarded for philanthropy and humanism.

I admire their charity work and being concerned for starving people and orphans.

In some ways, I think the Christians are more compassionate and mature that a lot of devotees.

Christians do a lot of good philanthropic work.

Unfortunately, all this philanthropy and charity is just a tool they use to get into a culture of peoples and indoctrinate them into a bigoted religious cult that does not respect other religions such as Hinduism.

Along with the food program comes the preaching of bigotry and fanaticism of the Jesus cult we call Christianity.

Preaching is the best way to win the favor of Krsna, so while reading and learning we should all make special days for preaching to the public. I find preaching very satisfying and it helps to actually realize what we are preaching, not just repeating like a parrot. anyways, can some of you smart devotees share with me the best ways to preach to the Christians. Most are just fanatics with no knowledge of spiritual life, so I tend to stay away. But after thinking about it, I thought that it would be nice to know the right method to teach them knowledge so they can actually see how corrupted their water down scripture has become, and to take part in reading Prabhupadas books. Secondly What are the best answers to their false arguments, like. " Jesus is the only way"

" Noone comes to the father but through me" and ect, ect... I hope there is a site out there that best explains these false and changed teaching.

Hare Krishna

it would be nice to know the right method to teach them knowledge so they can actually see how corrupted their water down scripture has become

So you may not make a good preacher to them - due to comments like that...?

Guest guest

Satya Meba Jayate. Truth only prevails. So first realize Truth that Krsna is supreme person and Godhead. Once you have complete faith on Krsna and surrender onto Him , He will automatically guide you how to preach. Remember that Hari takes many tests to consolidate your faith on Him and some tests are toughest for any devotee.

Remember that "Hari Guru Guru Hari"

When Hari becomes Guru, you do not need any Guru. That's why Arjuna had choosen Hari only even though he could have choosen thousands of solider belongs to Hari.

Have your complete faith on Hari first, then go and preach. First learn to sit and walk, then run. It is true that if anybody have complete faith on Hari, Hari himself comes, initiates and guides also. In physical appearance he may come as real Guru, Brahmin, or one old person, even in form of a child but He definitely comes. You may not recognize Him but Lord recognizes you. That is absolute truth about Hari. But if you continue in His devotion, one day you can recognize Him and also can see His various forms.

In this kali yuga, devotion to Hari is only way to see Him ,learn from Him or getting final liberation. That's what Lord Chaitannya said, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa said, Christ also said, Muhammad also said. Everybody agreed in this one Truth that devotion to Hari is only the way to know Him and this is easiest path to Hari in this Kali yuga.

Guest guest

they'll tell you are a hellbound idolater, unless you accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Lord and Saviour.

I am involved in discussions on the interfaith section of the biggest Christian message board on the web. There are a few Hare Krishnas there, and several Hindus of other sects. No one is interested in interfaith dialogue, they just steadfastly try to convert us to Christianity, with arguments how the Bible is Supreme and other faiths were created by Satan to lead our souls to hell. Have been told Krishna is a fairy-tale being, and much worse.

Guest guest

Talk to them about Christ's teaching to renounce love for the things of this world totally and fix that love on the Supreme Person through chanting or singing the names of God and by glorifying His devotee and Son Lord Jesus Christ and by following his instructions.

his instructions include: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6). And "go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be shaved, and he that believed not is condemned." (Mark 16). So Christians are following his instructions when they state Jesus is the only way, and when they preach the gospel in India, and try to convert and baptize people in the Christian faith. Telling Christians to follow Christ's instructions in the gospels, is telling them to try to convert our souls.

In the new Testament it is said that we should "pray without ceasing."

It is also said in the New Testament that unbelievers will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8), and there is no under name than Jesus Christ that can save us (Acts 4).

why selectively quote the New Testament? when it clearly does not support the Hare Krishna movement when read in whole.

The New Testament teaches:

1. Jesus Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God.

2. He came to earth to die for our sins, and endure God's wrath on our behalf.

3. Those who accept Christ's sacrifice on our behalf will be forgiven, those who reject him will be sent to hell.

4. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

5. Satan and the unbelievers will finally bow their knee in defeat to Jesus Christ at his Second Coming, but it will be too late. They will be cast into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing and teeth.

This is the New Testament. It doesn't mirror Hare Krishna or any other Hindu sect's teaching. Just because there is some common ground on moral teachings like the Sermon on the Mount, does not believe your 2 religions are the same. They are not, and any Christian who follows the New Testament can see that.

Guest guest

they'll tell you are a hellbound idolater, unless you accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Lord and Saviour.

I am involved in discussions on the interfaith section of the biggest Christian message board on the web. There are a few Hare Krishnas there, and several Hindus of other sects. No one is interested in interfaith dialogue, they just steadfastly try to convert us to Christianity, with arguments how the Bible is Supreme and other faiths were created by Satan to lead our souls to hell. Have been told Krishna is a fairy-tale being, and much worse.

if anything the dead god christ figure is a fairy tale being. stolen from the pagan god mithra. CHRIST IS A MYTH, THEY HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!

Guest guest

his instructions include: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6). And "go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be shaved, and he that believed not is condemned." (Mark 16). So Christians are following his instructions when they state Jesus is the only way, and when they preach the gospel in India, and try to convert and baptize people in the Christian faith. Telling Christians to follow Christ's instructions in the gospels, is telling them to try to convert our souls.

It is also said in the New Testament that unbelievers will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8), and there is no under name than Jesus Christ that can save us (Acts 4).

why selectively quote the New Testament? when it clearly does not support the Hare Krishna movement when read in whole.

The New Testament teaches:

1. Jesus Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God.

2. He came to earth to die for our sins, and endure God's wrath on our behalf.

3. Those who accept Christ's sacrifice on our behalf will be forgiven, those who reject him will be sent to hell.

4. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

5. Satan and the unbelievers will finally bow their knee in defeat to Jesus Christ at his Second Coming, but it will be too late. They will be cast into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing and teeth.

This is the New Testament. It doesn't mirror Hare Krishna or any other Hindu sect's teaching. Just because there is some common ground on moral teachings like the Sermon on the Mount, does not believe your 2 religions are the same. They are not, and any Christian who follows the New Testament can see that.

Hare Krishnas should stop spending all their time sucking up to christians and spend more time preaching!

Guest guest

if anything the dead god christ figure is a fairy tale being. stolen from the pagan god mithra. CHRIST IS A MYTH, THEY HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!

you are correct, many of the stories about Christ were stolen from Mithra and the Egyptian Son of God, Horus. The dieing god-man who saves us from our sins is Mithraism, and there are also so many parallels to the Egyptian mysteries within the Christian mythos as well. That's why groups like the Freemasons and the Hermeticists freely mix Judeo-Christian imagery and Egyptian imagery together. They know the outer church is actually believing in old occult archetypes, disguised in new, exoteric packaging by the Roman church. You will even find statues in old Catholic institutions, of Isis and baby Horus on her lap; pretending like it is Mary and child.

interesting, the gnostics rejected the entire canonized Bible, including the New Testament. They had their own scriptures, some of which have been discovered in Nag Hammadi, Egypt within the past century. And they were the only sects close to the Vedic traditions; with teachings on the divine spark (atman) in man, reincarnation and the wheel of samsara, and moksha etc..

his instructions include: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6). And "go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is...They are not, and any Christian who follows the New Testament can see that.

This post is nothing but standard propaganda, and you've embellished it very well with self-righteous anger and an over-riding sense of an ego that is inextricably mixed with a need to dominate others with your beliefs.

Why are you even wasting your time here?

Guest guest

This post is nothing but standard propaganda, and you've embellished it very well with self-righteous anger and an over-riding sense of an ego that is inextricably mixed with a need to dominate others with your beliefs.

This is may or may not be propaganda, but it's the New Testament gospel, that is followed by 2 billion people in the world. You are free to disagree with these verses and the Christian religion, but don't pretend like your following the New Testament when you do.

The New Testament is Matthew through Revelation; you can read through these online. These texts form the basis for the beliefs of 2 billion people: Protestant and Catholic. If you are going to claim to speak for Christianity, the least you could do is familiarize yourself with the basic beliefs of Christians.

The Christian religion claims to be the only way, because Jesus said he was in John 3:16, John 3:39, John 10:9, John 14:6, and more places.

According to the teachings of the New Testament, Christ's death is the only payment for our sins, to enter into heaven. The old Christian hymn says: "what can wash away my sins? nothing but the blood of Jesus". This is what Christians believe. Of course this is not what Hare Krishnas believe, so Hare Krishnas should not pretend for one second that they follow the New Testament. This is my point, that the Hare Krishna religion is not based upon the gospel of Christ, nor do they follow Christ's teachings to preach his death, burial and resurrection as the means to salvation. Nor are they baptizing people in the name of the Trinity, as Christ told his followers to do. So they should be honest and acknowledge this. Then an honest discussion can ensue.. one that acknowledges that Christianity is based upon Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.

;)

Hare Krishna

;)

I don't think preaching should be targeted at Christians, Muslims or any other religious group.

Preaching should be targeted to the hearts and souls of suffering souls who will feel the refreshing effects of hearing Krishna upadesh.

Personally, I think that the new age yogi types and meditators make a lot more fertile field than the Christians who think that nobody comes to God except through Jesus.

Maybe it's becuase I was a New Age yogi type meditator who immediatly tasted the nectar of bhakti-yoga and immediatly accepted Krishna consciousness as the highest of all spiritual systems.

Despite being dragged to church every Sunday by my Mom as a child, I never became interested or attracted to the Christian religion.

Christians and Muslims are the LAST target audience I would think about.

Please, some more dignity here!

According to the teachings of the New Testament, Christ's death is the only payment for our sins, to enter into heaven. The old Christian hymn says: "what can wash away my sins? nothing but the blood of Jesus".

A hymn is not the New testament.