IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Did Bābā Premānanda Bharatī have any influence on Srila Prabhupada?

Rate this topic

I really am not very familiar with their ideology. You can browse the links under the Jagadbandhu entry for some leads, and I think Kapoor may have included a bio in his Saints of Bengal as well. (I don't have a copy at hand.)

I have a copy raga and it's not there.

Whoops Saints of Bengal. I assumed Saints of Vraja. Never heard of Saints of Bengal. But if it's like his Saints of Vraja maybe Krsna will grace me with a copy someday.

Whoops Saints of Bengal. I assumed Saints of Vraja. Never heard of Saints of Bengal. But if it's like his Saints of Vraja maybe Krsna will grace me with a copy someday.
Yes, he's got two works - Saints of Vraja and Saints of Bengal. The latter was out of print for a long time, but I believe it's available again. It's an excellent title, just like the former. LoiBazaar used to have it, but it seems to be sold out. Ah - seems to be available at Nitai's Bookstore - and $1 cheaper if you go through Abebooks.Com.

Personally, I would think that Bharati had no influence on Srila Prabhupada.

I doubt if Srila Prabhupada ever read anything he wrote.

The moment Srila Prabhupada heard about this Jagabandhu incarnation he would have rejected the whole bunch wholesale.

so, in reply to the title of this topic I would have to suspect that bharati had no influence at all on Srila Prabhupada.

Srila Prabhupada came to America to preach in pursuance of the instructions of his spiritual master.

It had nothing to do with being inspired by Bharati.

It is told that Bharati "followed the Krishna consciousness movement".

so, if that is the case, then the term and the movement existed even before his coming to the west.

Yes, he's got two works - Saints of Vraja and Saints of Bengal. The latter was out of print for a long time, but I believe it's available again. It's an excellent title, just like the former. LoiBazaar used to have it, but it seems to be sold out. Ah - seems to be available at Nitai's Bookstore - and $1 cheaper if you go through Abebooks.Com.

I'll have to wait then. I boycott anything Neil is involved with after reading a portion of his ezine criticizing Srila Prabhupada years back.

I bet it is good though. Each pastime of these saints of Vraja as told by Dr. Kapoor just draws one in that world. I came upon my Saints of Vraja while browsing the shelfs of a used bookstore here in Berkeley. Never even heard of it before that so who knows.

Are you referring to Biharilal's and Sons @ Loi Bazaar? They used to maintain a web site and they may still. I will try there.