IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shuvo

Daily Prayer!!!

Rate this topic

Namaskar,

Everyday, we should pray to GOD. We can go to temple or sit at home and pray to GOD. Thus we should chant the Maha-Mantra. But is there any other daily prayers which we should chant everyday.

Can anyone say me about the daily prayer?

My favorite prayer at this time is rather simply. It goes like this, "HELP! Help me Lord. Please help me."

It is not very refined but it is my most sincere.

What do we hope to gain from prayer? Is it just presenting the Lord with a list of things we hope He will do for us? Or is it a way of trying to remain in constant communication with the Lord, a way of simply entering and staying in His presence?

There are many many prayers offered by devotees in the Srimad Bhagavatam and vaisnava bhajanas. We could pick any of those that we are attracted to and recite them daily as a means of glorifying the Lord and meditating on their meaning.

Along side the chanting of Hare Krsna such a practice would be very good indeed.

My favorite prayer at this time is rather simply. It goes like this, "HELP! Help me Lord. Please help me."

It is not very refined but it is my most sincere.

What do we hope to gain from prayer? Is it just presenting the Lord with a list of things we hope He will do for us? Or is it a way of trying to remain in constant communication with the Lord, a way of simply entering and staying in His presence?

There are many many prayers offered by devotees in the Srimad Bhagavatam and vaisnava bhajanas. We could pick any of those that we are attracted to and recite them daily as a means of glorifying the Lord and meditating on their meaning.

Along side the chanting of Hare Krsna such a practice would be very good indeed.

Thank-you

I'm with theist. Also, "I love you". And mantras. I try not to be, "I love you, so can you help me"? I find it's only possible if I keep thinking constantly about Her, and considering that any attention I have to give to the worldly stuff is a momentary distraction from the real base of all my thoughts and emotions.

Om aim Sarasvatiyei namaha.

Jay shree Krishna

awww even i say 'i love you'...when ever i finish my daily rounds i will say to God '' I love you, i really love you'' and then i would ask god to just hold my hand...i dont need anything else as long as he is with me...

nowadays i have been putting my hand out for him...i put my palm straight and wait for Lord Krishna to put his hand on my hand...and then when i think that he has put his hand in mine i will slowly close my hand and hold on for a few minutes...i dont really know if he puts his hand in my hand but i like to think he does

Om Asato maa sad-gamaya;

tamaso maa jyotir-ga-maya;

mrtyor-maa amrutam gamaya.

Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih.

O Lord Lead me from the unreal to the real.

Lead me from the darkness to light.

Lead me from death to immortality.

May there be peace, peace, and perfect peace.

- a Sanskrit invocation from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishads 1.3.28).

Can I choose this verse as a daily prayer?